Re: Plant Process Operator Job

Postby sliderz1 » November 18th, 2011, 8:35 pm

^that was 1 YEAR ago

SNIPER 3000
Riding on 17's

Postby SNIPER 3000 » November 19th, 2011, 11:32 am

where the old men?
Petrotrin takes on operators around now, to cover the old men when they go on leave.
But it is internal?
Biggy how does that work? could someone on the outside get in?

De Dragon
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby De Dragon » November 19th, 2011, 11:55 am

SNIPER 3000 wrote:where the old men?
Petrotrin takes on operators around now, to cover the old men when they go on leave.
But it is internal?

You still beating that dead horse? :?

nervewrecker
3NE 2NR Power Seller

Postby nervewrecker » March 13th, 2013, 6:41 pm

monday newsday, page 3, yara

page 4 have something for massy too.

heads up gaiz

demon monkey
Riding on 13's

Postby demon monkey » March 26th, 2013, 4:50 am

well look ting!!!

14lover
3NE 2NR for life

Postby 14lover » March 26th, 2013, 8:49 am

But it is internal?

No its not internal, last april i randomly drop in a resume at p a pierre and they call me to bring in my documents, then i went interview and i got a call last month saying i got tru so im currently awaiting medical

trinidrift
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby trinidrift » March 26th, 2013, 11:04 am

yea i saw it gonna be my 50th app in there n boy am i fed up applying allover the place.14lover u lucky bro my aunt trying 2 get me in since i home for a year now n all i gettin is interviews.gd luck

nemisis
punchin NOS

Postby nemisis » March 26th, 2013, 11:25 am

trinidrift wrote:yea i saw it gonna be my 50th app in there n boy am i fed up applying allover the place.14lover u lucky bro my aunt trying 2 get me in since i home for a year now n all i gettin is interviews.gd luck

He real lucky with men like you and your aunt fogging up d place

14lover
3NE 2NR for life

Postby 14lover » March 26th, 2013, 11:47 am

trinidrift me eh kno how u couldnt get tru with all those applications, unless u werent qualified..
i only have 5 subjects and ah NEC craft

QSC
Ricer

Postby QSC » March 26th, 2013, 1:13 pm

d NEC certificate is d real deal. if you have that then u sure to get work anywhere. its a well trained certificate with overall practicals.

but i didnt want to buss d leak here, but all who working IPSL, i hear is favoritism thing. its all about UTT's spoon feeding young adults and IPSL only taking those UTT students. I dont know how true it is, but i guided one of my close friends to go into eeet diploma 2 yrs at atc, and a guy started utt last year and entitled to get a job at ipsl without finishing his diploma. total bull frog if you ask me. and my friend currently works at atlantic lng under constant training, but it just goes to show overall performance is what it takes along with experience, not "UTT". its all favoritism if you ask me. All those administrative assistants at ipsl, lol i wont call names, and call themselves "Engineers" i wish you guys and girls the best of luck. Luckily i work at a company near savonetta at couva pt. lisas called pheonix gas processors, and that's a great company to get into. well treated, no discrimination at which certificate you have at whatever institution, and highly paid, i can tell you that. they also offer training for freshman operators.

Let me be the first to say, i hate the idea that certain persons on this forum claim they have high position at ipsl and giving one set of "Rooster and bull" advice to youths now seeking employment.
its like they "fraid" the youths take their jobs. lolzz just my opinion on this matter.

targus1
Ricer

Postby targus1 » March 26th, 2013, 7:18 pm

14lover wrote:
But it is internal?

No its not internal, last april i randomly drop in a resume at p a pierre and they call me to bring in my documents, then i went interview and i got a call last month saying i got tru so im currently awaiting medical

Well done!
It real hard to get through with Petro

targus1
Ricer

Postby targus1 » March 26th, 2013, 7:27 pm

QSC wrote:d NEC certificate is d real deal. if you have that then u sure to get work anywhere. its a well trained certificate with overall practicals.

but i didnt want to buss d leak here, but all who working IPSL, i hear is favoritism thing. its all about UTT's spoon feeding young adults and IPSL only taking those UTT students. I dont know how true it is, but i guided one of my close friends to go into eeet diploma 2 yrs at atc, and a guy started utt last year and entitled to get a job at ipsl without finishing his diploma. total bull frog if you ask me. and my friend currently works at atlantic lng under constant training, but it just goes to show overall performance is what it takes along with experience, not "UTT". its all favoritism if you ask me. All those administrative assistants at ipsl, lol i wont call names, and call themselves "Engineers" i wish you guys and girls the best of luck. Luckily i work at a company near savonetta at couva pt. lisas called pheonix gas processors, and that's a great company to get into. well treated, no discrimination at which certificate you have at whatever institution, and highly paid, i can tell you that. they also offer training for freshman operators.

Let me be the first to say, i hate the idea that certain persons on this forum claim they have high position at ipsl and giving one set of "Rooster and bull" advice to youths now seeking employment.
its like they "fraid" the youths take their jobs. lolzz just my opinion on this matter.

PPGPL is a good company, well paid from what i hear.
Some ppl choose the UTT option since it is easier to get a job... based on preferential treatment from certain companies.
Having a job straight out of school way better than having to sit around waiting for an ad to come up....
Just saying

trinidrift
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby trinidrift » March 27th, 2013, 10:58 am

14lover wrote:trinidrift me eh kno how u couldnt get tru with all those applications, unless u werent qualified..
i only have 5 subjects and ah NEC craft

i gt 6 subs,5 experience (on n offshore) n ppo lvl3 cert n i going for the diploma. so qualified wasnt d question is favoritism nw u gt me tink bout goin n do d nec cert

dougla25
Ricer

Postby dougla25 » March 27th, 2013, 7:34 pm

i did electrical installation in school,went to nesc did construction electrical,have over 7years in computers did ppo (process technology) and presently enrolled to do the nebosh certificate starting June.use to work ipsl in another dept until contract ended.tried applying after i finish ppo not even a phone call. also have my dad works at petrotrin and pressure still.Right now i real tired of looking for a job don't even know what to do again sending resume to just about every company in Trinidad and like it goes to their trash....stress!!!
Last edited by dougla25 on March 27th, 2013, 9:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

nemisis
punchin NOS

Postby nemisis » March 27th, 2013, 7:47 pm

dougla25 wrote:i did electrical installation in school,went to nesc did construction electrical,have over 7years in computers did ppo (process technology) and presently enrolled to do the nebosh certificate starting june.use to work ipsl in another dept until contract ended.tried applying after i finish ppo not even a phone call. also have my dad works at petrotrin and pressure still.Right now i real tired of looking for a job don't even know what to do again sending resume to just about every company in Trinidad and like it goes to there trash....stress!!!

may have a good reason

demon monkey
Riding on 13's

Postby demon monkey » March 27th, 2013, 9:17 pm

ipsl may have another opening for a finance manager...

14lover
3NE 2NR for life

Postby 14lover » June 4th, 2013, 9:24 pm

Started training in petrotrin yesterday for operator, things looking good so far...

Crazydriver
3NE 2NR for life

Postby Crazydriver » June 4th, 2013, 11:43 pm

14lover wrote:Started training in petrotrin yesterday for operator, things looking good so far...

what qualifications you went in with? they have more openings?

De Dragon
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby De Dragon » June 5th, 2013, 12:15 am

QSC wrote:d NEC certificate is d real deal. if you have that then u sure to get work anywhere. its a well trained certificate with overall practicals.

IPSL will hire people still pursuing diplomas temporarily until they complete said diploma. I can't say if there is favouritism in their present hiring practices or not. Why fight down their operators though? From what I hear speaking to people there, things are not all rosy and sweet, so I doubt that they'd appreciate your coming on here and calling them names.

SNIPER 3000
Riding on 17's

Postby SNIPER 3000 » June 5th, 2013, 10:10 am

Anyone now starting out in plant operations should count them self fortunate to get a job in IPSL or any process plant. Just build your experience and develop the right attitude as an operator, take your field/DCS readings on time every time and report abnormal conditions when they occur. Do these things and you will make it.

trinidrift
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby trinidrift » June 5th, 2013, 11:46 am

i agree with sniper 3000 but im still out of a job and im experienced and qualified.guess i choose wrong in career path.i will advise anyone if in doubt go igl pay sucks but u will get experience n its permanent with great benefits.be wary of kenson cuz wen sheit happens dey ent der for u as their employee but only looking out for the client (i know from experience) and block u from getting any job after.

trinidrift
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby trinidrift » June 5th, 2013, 11:57 am

De Dragon wrote:IPSL will hire people still pursuing diplomas temporarily until they complete said diploma. I can't say if there is favouritism in their present hiring practices or not. Why fight down their operators though? From what I hear speaking to people there, things are not all rosy and sweet, so I doubt that they'd appreciate your coming on here and calling them names.

THATS THE BIGGEST LIE I EVER HEARD! so explain 2 me y i went 2 an interview with ipsl and met a guy with a utt cert and they hired him.
my qual. - pursuing diploma in ppo
city and guilds lvl 3 process tech. both chem and petro.
6 cxc subjects
5 years at igl as both plant operator and attendant (3 years as senior oper.)
6 mths @ kenson as a process tech

the next guy - utt ppo
5 cxc subjects
2 years @ kaizen
and im still unemployed.explain dat!

trinidrift
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby trinidrift » June 5th, 2013, 11:59 am

14lover wrote:Started training in petrotrin yesterday for operator, things looking good so far...

good luck dude hope it pans out for you

EFFECTIC DESIGNS
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby EFFECTIC DESIGNS » June 5th, 2013, 12:25 pm

dougla25 wrote:i did electrical installation in school,went to nesc did construction electrical,have over 7years in computers did ppo (process technology) and presently enrolled to do the nebosh certificate starting June.use to work ipsl in another dept until contract ended.tried applying after i finish ppo not even a phone call. also have my dad works at petrotrin and pressure still.Right now i real tired of looking for a job don't even know what to do again sending resume to just about every company in Trinidad and like it goes to their trash....stress!!!

So whats a good course to do in order to get wuk in Trinidad?

Besides Medicine offcourse.

trinidrift
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby trinidrift » June 5th, 2013, 1:00 pm

politics

Rooki3
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Rooki3 » June 5th, 2013, 1:16 pm

trinidrift wrote:
De Dragon wrote:IPSL will hire people still pursuing diplomas temporarily until they complete said diploma. I can't say if there is favouritism in their present hiring practices or not. Why fight down their operators though? From what I hear speaking to people there, things are not all rosy and sweet, so I doubt that they'd appreciate your coming on here and calling them names.

THATS THE BIGGEST LIE I EVER HEARD! so explain 2 me y i went 2 an interview with ipsl and met a guy with a utt cert and they hired him.
6 cxc subjects

the next guy - utt ppo
5 cxc subjects
2 years @ kaizen

bcuz UTT > city & guilds locally

trinidrift
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby trinidrift » June 5th, 2013, 1:29 pm

tru n dats stupid

QSC
Ricer

Postby QSC » June 5th, 2013, 3:15 pm

trinidrift wrote:tru n dats stupid

x2 :? :? :?

De Dragon
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby De Dragon » June 5th, 2013, 10:25 pm

trinidrift wrote:

6 cxc subjects

the next guy - utt ppo
5 cxc subjects
2 years @ kaizen

Slow yuh roll little boy. Is it beyond the realm of possibility that he was better or more impressive than you in the interview? You get called for an interview and don't get selected and assume that because someone else with lesser 'qualifications' than you got through then there must be something unsavoury behind it? Lie you say? I worked there for a number of years and countless times I saw it happen, so try another route to ease yuh disappointment.

nemisis
punchin NOS

Postby nemisis » June 5th, 2013, 11:22 pm

Nah it believable I have peers with 3 cxc and a certificate applying to the same place and me with a bachelors get salt and I mean didn't get interview. I seriously doubt I'm over qualified

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”