3NE2NR is my LIFE

Re: Energy Sector Thread - Operators, Engineers, Technicians Et Al

Postby trinidrift » December 16th, 2018, 12:19 am

Yes it does. I think sbcs has a course

infinite_RPM
Chronic TriniTuner

Postby infinite_RPM » December 16th, 2018, 6:08 pm

Utt and nesc has the instrumentation courses.. but 2 years full time and 3 PT.. as much as ppl does advise against it I think I gonna do process eng in utt yes.. it really don't have any other degree that I interested in that part time..

vaiostation
I LUV THIS PLACE

Postby vaiostation » December 16th, 2018, 6:17 pm

I hope people take into account the state of the country's oil and gas sector, as well as the local economy before taking on any longterm schooling...

infinite_RPM
Chronic TriniTuner

Postby infinite_RPM » December 16th, 2018, 6:51 pm

Gotta do something bro.. I don't wanna be working shift going into my 40s back done start to give trouble lol

Numb3r4
Shifting into 6th

Postby Numb3r4 » December 16th, 2018, 7:28 pm

Try diversifying if you are in industry, consider either management or maybe finance and accounting. Might be worth adding some variety to your technical qualifications.

Maybe even project management....but not sure of the amount of projects that can absorb folks though.

Better to be WORKING at 40 on shift then to be working 8-5 stacking shelves at a grocery, unless you are willing to settle for significantly less....but I guess their may be some benefits to your personal life with regards to the amount of time you have...I guess....

rmrunner
Chronic TriniTuner

Postby rmrunner » December 24th, 2018, 11:47 am

Whats the situation with the green and sun company with regards to the technician enrollment. Latest i saw was a timed exam to nearly weed out everybody

vaiostation
I LUV THIS PLACE

Postby vaiostation » December 24th, 2018, 12:47 pm

Bp?
I know they was restructuring, don't know what became of things after...

Numb3r4
Shifting into 6th

Postby Numb3r4 » December 24th, 2018, 5:02 pm

rmrunner wrote:Whats the situation with the green and sun company with regards to the technician enrollment. Latest i saw was a timed exam to nearly weed out everybody

You mean the Saville Assessment Exams or something like that....yeah that was a while ago wasn't it?

Boy, did one for an engineering post, needless to say "I think I'm too dunce to work there."

rmrunner
Chronic TriniTuner

Postby rmrunner » December 24th, 2018, 5:44 pm

Numb3r4 wrote:
rmrunner wrote:Whats the situation with the green and sun company with regards to the technician enrollment. Latest i saw was a timed exam to nearly weed out everybody

You mean the Saville Assessment Exams or something like that....yeah that was a while ago wasn't it?

Boy, did one for an engineering post, needless to say "I think I'm too dunce to work there."

I know the feeling, mussbe real high grades in there.

Numb3r4
Shifting into 6th

Postby Numb3r4 » December 24th, 2018, 9:58 pm

rmrunner wrote:
Numb3r4 wrote:

I guess....although I've known people in there and to be honest I didn't really think they were that smart, they were very outgoing and forward....but that's just my experience I could be wrong.

trinidrift
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby trinidrift » December 24th, 2018, 11:21 pm

Numb3r4 wrote:
rmrunner wrote:
Numb3r4 wrote:

I guess....although I've known people in there and to be honest I didn't really think they were that smart, they were very outgoing and forward....but that's just my experience I could be wrong.

Your not wrong at all. It’s all about who likes you or who is your family. Because a lot of them I know not smarter than the average doorknob

De Dragon
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby De Dragon » December 27th, 2018, 3:57 pm

infinite_RPM wrote:Gotta do something bro.. I don't wanna be working shift going into my 40s back done start to give trouble lol

The first question is what are you doing (work related) that's causing you back problems? Tough being in your 40's and not being in a position where you're basically managing the shift, but doing grunt work.

infinite_RPM
Chronic TriniTuner

Postby infinite_RPM » December 28th, 2018, 9:15 am

De Dragon wrote:
infinite_RPM wrote:Gotta do something bro.. I don't wanna be working shift going into my 40s back done start to give trouble lol

The first question is what are you doing (work related) that's causing you back problems? Tough being in your 40's and not being in a position where you're basically managing the shift, but doing grunt work.
I'm not in my 40s.. I was just saying I don't wanna be in my 40s and working shift still.. with regards to my back, im a PPO and I have to drive to remote area on bad roads if you could even call it that and have to operate some very old valves..

nothing wrong with my back either but I strained it about a month ago but obviously if I continue doing this it will affect my back..

De Dragon
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby De Dragon » December 28th, 2018, 11:57 am

infinite_RPM wrote:
De Dragon wrote:

I'm not in my 40s.. I was just saying I don't wanna be in my 40s and working shift still.. with regards to my back, im a PPO and I have to drive to remote area on bad roads if you could even call it that and have to operate some very old valves..

nothing wrong with my back either but I strained it about a month ago but obviously if I continue doing this it will affect my back..

Nothing wrong with being in your 40's and doing shift work as long as the money is good, and you're not doing bull work. also the type of shift, meaning the hours, helps immensely

hydroep
3ne2nr Toppa Toppa

Postby hydroep » December 28th, 2018, 1:41 pm

A casualty of the Petrotrin restructuring was recently offered a 12-hour shift position for less money and no benefits.

That coupled with the time he spends in travelling (4 hours per day) meant he had to decline.

He's in a position where he can handle his stories, but some other people with debts had no choice but to accept until something better...if ever...comes along.

Modern day slavery yes...:|

trinidrift
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby trinidrift » December 28th, 2018, 1:44 pm

GREAT IS THE PNM!!!!!!!!!

car
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby car » December 29th, 2018, 11:11 am

hydroep wrote:A casualty of the Petrotrin restructuring was recently offered a 12-hour shift position for less money and no benefits.

That coupled with the time he spends in travelling (4 hours per day) meant he had to decline.

He's in a position where he can handle his stories, but some other people with debts had no choice but to accept until something better...if ever...comes along.

The people that accept these jobs will have health and high stress issues in the future. I was terminated at the end of November and now I'm in the best health of my life. I now realize I was a slave to my job. I exercise 2x more and intense as when I was working and have way more rest time. Stress levels are low and I feel very energetic.
Only problem is when the bills come at the end of the month.

Most people don't realize that they killing off themselves in exchange for health.

vaiostation
I LUV THIS PLACE

Postby vaiostation » December 29th, 2018, 11:30 am

car wrote:
hydroep wrote:A casualty of the Petrotrin restructuring was recently offered a 12-hour shift position for less money and no benefits.

The people that accept these jobs will have health and high stress issues in the future. I was terminated at the end of November and now I'm in the best health of my life. I now realize I was a slave to my job. I exercise 2x more and intense as when I was working and have way more rest time. Stress levels are low and I feel very energetic.

Most people don't realize that they killing off themselves in exchange for health.

This!!!
Sometimes it better to live small, be happy and live longer.
Seen too many people working under some conditions, probably worse than animals, only to suffer and probably die before retirement, leaving wife and children to fight it out on their own.

All this while de big boys living it up.

trinidrift
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby trinidrift » December 29th, 2018, 4:12 pm

vaiostation wrote:
car wrote:

This!!!
Sometimes it better to live small, be happy and live longer.
Seen too many people working under some conditions, probably worse than animals, only to suffer and probably die before retirement, leaving wife and children to fight it out on their own.

All this while de big boys living it up.

AGREED!!!!!!!

De Dragon
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby De Dragon » December 29th, 2018, 8:25 pm

car wrote:

So you couldn't exercise and engage in stress related activities while employed? :?
Now all you've done is traded job stress for money stress.

car
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Energy Sector Thread - Operators, Engineers, Technicians Et Al

Postby car » December 29th, 2018, 10:21 pm

De Dragon wrote:
car wrote:

So you couldn't exercise and engage in stress related activities while employed?
Now all you've done is traded job stress for money stress.

Stress wasn’t the problem when working. It was low energy after 8-10 hours of work. The tiredness after work coupled with little time I had remaining in the day was definitely adding stress.

Monkey Man
Riding on 18's

Postby Monkey Man » December 29th, 2018, 11:20 pm

Anybody want their d!ck suck?
Im still out here looking for work.

randolphinshan
Riding on 17's

Postby randolphinshan » December 29th, 2018, 11:47 pm

Monkey Man wrote:Anybody want their d!ck suck?
Im still out here looking for work.

Check Yellow Team Barrie from PTown

car
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Energy Sector Thread - Operators, Engineers, Technicians Et Al

Postby car » January 18th, 2019, 10:56 pm

Can anyone give me average salary of a lab technician wit 5 years experience? Private company.

Riding on 13's

Postby 609 » January 22nd, 2019, 5:47 am

car wrote:Can anyone give me average salary of a lab technician wit 5 years experience? Private company.

$30 / Hr

tr1ad
2NR phototakerouter

Postby tr1ad » February 6th, 2019, 9:52 am

sMASH
TunerGod

Postby sMASH » February 18th, 2019, 12:10 pm

wondering if nu iron have any vacancies soon?

nervewrecker
3NE 2NR Power Seller

Postby nervewrecker » February 18th, 2019, 8:22 pm

It makes sense taking up a job in the energy sector the way we heading?

I was just asked to apply for a position in a fairly large company but I may also have a contract with them as a small contractor. Conflict of interest.

Thing is, I like the job, but the contract is a nice piece of money as they also said they are expanding and would need equipment I supply. Have contracts with other companies so I have side income. I wont be able to give my business the kinda attention I give it if I have a full time job. It even make sense taking up the offer?

PapaC
Riding on 17's

Postby PapaC » February 19th, 2019, 9:39 am

No way for full disclosure and you do both?
I see people in some bigO&G companies and I am surprised by the compnies they own and get work right there.

nervewrecker
3NE 2NR Power Seller

Postby nervewrecker » February 19th, 2019, 8:18 pm

I will ask HR.

But I wont get the amount of time to soend behind my business. Thats something I taking into consideration.
Plus I already have another job. I like this job though and they specifically said they need people like me. Esp since I grew up in the area and know every hole as well as the power supply. Havent met much of a problem I couldn't solve at my last job and was doing taska way above my pay grade. I was not authorized to work on 12kv and 6kv lines. Lost track on how much I worked on and at all hour the night.

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”