Forums

Energy Sector Thread - Operators, Engineers, Technicians Et Al

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

gazamehsay
Riding on 13's

Energy Sector Thread - Operators, Engineers, Technicians Et Al

Postby gazamehsay » November 9th, 2009, 2:53 pm

Any knows the qualifications needed to start this and how long would it take... Just deciding on a switch in career, what would the pay be like also?
Last edited by gazamehsay on November 9th, 2009, 2:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

VexXx Dogg
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby VexXx Dogg » November 9th, 2009, 2:56 pm

Starts at about 6-8K, but overtime adds up.

need O level maths,physics + PPO cert from UTT, Trinzuela, et al.

Also need to be physically fit.

gazamehsay
Riding on 13's

Postby gazamehsay » November 9th, 2009, 2:59 pm

kool
Last edited by gazamehsay on November 9th, 2009, 3:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

eekipoo
Sweet on this forum

Postby eekipoo » November 9th, 2009, 2:59 pm

you didnt just ask about I.T Jobs in a next ched? wtf yuh trying to macco what ppl making orr. Anyhow to answer ur question i think the PPO course is something you could just sign up for obviously like A+ and Net+ in ur previous ched it ent worth sheit unless you have some serious science subjects to back it up or instrumentation. Experience and ur level of certs is what gets you paid the big bucks so dont expect anything much with just PPO.

foss
Trying to catch PATCH AND VEGA

Postby foss » November 9th, 2009, 3:08 pm

gazamehsay, wait ... rahtid move Palmiste ?? :shock: :shock:

cornfused
30 pounds of Boost

Postby cornfused » November 9th, 2009, 3:28 pm

PPO, is a good job for the mechanically inclined , must be able to handle the infinite call outs, especially depending on the overall condition of the plant and physically able i have not seen too many stickmen in this job

biggy82
3NE2NR Diesel Boyz

Postby biggy82 » November 9th, 2009, 3:33 pm

cornfused wrote:PPO, is a good job for the mechanically inclined , must be able to handle the infinite call outs, especially depending on the overall condition of the plant and physically able i have not seen too many stickmen in this job

dem is de engineers :roll:

ask De Dragon :lol:

wagonrunner
TriniTuner 24-7
Location: Distancing myself from those who want to raid the barn but eh want to plant the corn.

Postby wagonrunner » November 9th, 2009, 5:33 pm

foss wrote:gazamehsay, wait ... rahtid move Palmiste ?? :shock: :shock:
:rofl:
:rofl:

De Dragon
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby De Dragon » November 9th, 2009, 5:47 pm

biggy82 wrote:
cornfused wrote:PPO, is a good job for the mechanically inclined , must be able to handle the infinite call outs, especially depending on the overall condition of the plant and physically able i have not seen too many stickmen in this job

dem is de engineers :roll: ask [b]De Dragon :lol[/b]:

WTF! Yuh tryin' tuh mek people feel I iz ah enganeeh or wha'? :lol:

De Dragon
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby De Dragon » November 9th, 2009, 5:49 pm

Anyways PPO alone ent cutting it wit' de million and one ah dem who have it. Most companies on the Estate asking for Diploma in MET,EET or MEEET. Some even asking for degrees

Israel G

Postby Israel G » November 9th, 2009, 6:04 pm

why life couldn't be easier??? eve had to pick d apple from d tree???

cornfused
30 pounds of Boost

Postby cornfused » November 9th, 2009, 7:22 pm

biggy82 wrote:

actually i knew quite a few PPOs that were very cool ones whose description would fit your tuner name

SkettellGod
I LUV THIS PLACE

Postby SkettellGod » November 9th, 2009, 10:33 pm

to attain a job as a process plant operator, you need to have at least 5 GCE/O level subjects inclusive of mathematics, english, chemistry and or physics.

You will also need a certificate in PPO,A Technician certificate in MEET, EEET, E&I, Mechanical or Instrumentation.

Salaries usually start at around7k and can go to probably around 40k depending on your qualifications, service, competencies etc.

It is better if you have at least a diploma if you have no experience. Depending on the facility you are employed on, be prepared to be on your feet for your entire 12 hr shift. (for the un fortunate ones or thr now comers :mrgreen: )

biggy82
3NE2NR Diesel Boyz

Postby biggy82 » November 9th, 2009, 10:38 pm

cornfused wrote:
biggy82 wrote:

actually i knew quite a few PPOs that were very cool ones whose description would fit your tuner name

we probably meet already den :lol:

calleocho
Street 2NR

Postby calleocho » November 10th, 2009, 12:20 am

So who hiring right now? I need a new job.

dreadman
Chronic TriniTuner

Postby dreadman » November 10th, 2009, 1:51 am

most companies in the Pt lisas industrail estate accept students from UTT rather than from trinzuela or ITT....so if u are gonna do PPO....go wit UTT

SkettellGod
I LUV THIS PLACE

Postby SkettellGod » November 10th, 2009, 3:17 am

dreadman wrote:most companies in the Pt lisas industrail estate accept students from UTT rather than from trinzuela or ITT....so if u are gonna do PPO....go wit UTT

Its true that the UTT diplomas/certificates are more recognised in the industries, which i think is crap.
You should ask yourself this question first before starting, Am i going to remain in trinidad until i retire or am i going to be seeking employment abroad later on?
if you'll be seeking employment abroad, i say go with the city andd guilds certificate.

Calleocho pm me your contact info, i know a few places.

janfar
punchin NOS

Postby janfar » November 10th, 2009, 4:22 am

Biggy... i want the rest of pics from that avatar...

gazamehsay
Riding on 13's

Postby gazamehsay » November 10th, 2009, 11:33 am

thanks for u advise :mrgreen:

De Dragon
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby De Dragon » November 11th, 2009, 1:18 am

SkettellGod wrote:to attain a job as a process plant operator, you need to have at least 5 GCE/O level subjects inclusive of mathematics, english, chemistry and or physics.

You will also need a certificate in PPO,A Technician certificate in MEET, EEET, E&I, Mechanical or Instrumentation.

Salaries usually start at around7k and can go to probably around 40k depending on your qualifications, service, competencies etc.

It is better if you have at least a diploma if you have no experience. Depending on the facility you are employed on, be prepared to be on your feet for your entire 12 hr shift. (for the un fortunate ones or thr now comers :mrgreen: )

Whey dat?

SkettellGod
I LUV THIS PLACE

Postby SkettellGod » November 11th, 2009, 1:42 am

De Dragon wrote:
SkettellGod wrote:to attain a job as a process plant operator, you need to have at least 5 GCE/O level subjects inclusive of mathematics, english, chemistry and or physics.

Whey dat?

At national gas :mrgreen: thats where i am

De Dragon
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby De Dragon » November 11th, 2009, 1:54 am

SkettellGod wrote:
De Dragon wrote:

Whey dat?

:shock: :shock: De MC! Yuh mean ah normal PPO getting 40K ah month?

Israel G

Postby Israel G » November 11th, 2009, 7:52 am

40k........i wouldn't mind makiing that kinda dough

Damien
punchin NOS

Postby Damien » November 11th, 2009, 8:32 am

I use to work national gas they doh pay sheit :lol:

tr1ad
2NR phototakerouter

Postby tr1ad » November 11th, 2009, 10:01 am

SkettellGod wrote:
De Dragon wrote:

Whey dat?

u could fackin lie.....no one here in ops cept ops mgr getting that

ek4ever
Shifting into 6th

Postby ek4ever » November 11th, 2009, 11:54 am

janfar wrote:Biggy... i want the rest of pics from that avatar...

it's on triniscene dude.....browse through the galleries...can't miss it

nutsman
Riding on 13's

Postby nutsman » November 11th, 2009, 12:08 pm

average operator will start off at about 9k

qualifications(note this is for the more recognised plants liks PCS, Atlantic LNG etc)
diploma in MET, EEET, Instrumentation Tech and/or certificate in PPO
yeah and as mentioned in an earlier thread companies will prefer if you do it in places like sando tech as compared to Itt,Trinzuela which exam body is city and guilds

BY THE WAY ANYBODY NO WHO ARE HIRING OPERATORS if so please send PM or post it here

tr1ad
2NR phototakerouter

Postby tr1ad » November 11th, 2009, 12:10 pm

Kenson - Land operations

nutsman
Riding on 13's

Postby nutsman » November 11th, 2009, 1:24 pm

anyway else not so into kenson

also saw on today's express pg 36 that they have an offshore production operator training program

De Dragon
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby De Dragon » November 11th, 2009, 8:54 pm

tr1ad wrote:
SkettellGod wrote:
De Dragon wrote:

Whey dat?

u could fackin lie.....no one here in ops cept ops mgr getting that

Well I hadda do ah 180 here! Ops Mgr. ONLY getting 40K ah month? :?

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”