Forums

Energy Sector Thread - Operators, Engineers, Technicians Et Al

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

sinister_14
3NE 2NR for life

Re: Energy Sector Thread - Operators, Engineers, Technicians Et Al

Postby sinister_14 » December 7th, 2017, 3:46 pm

life_will_get_better wrote:Anyone hear of any vacancies of any E&I positions anywhere?

Ipsl doing interviews right now...apply!!!

sinister_14
3NE 2NR for life

Postby sinister_14 » December 7th, 2017, 3:48 pm

sinister_14 wrote:
life_will_get_better wrote:Anyone hear of any vacancies of any E&I positions anywhere?

Better yet call HR.....the M3 plant.....
For info....

yvan300
3NE 2NR for life

Postby yvan300 » December 7th, 2017, 4:14 pm

sinister_14 wrote:
sinister_14 wrote:

For info....

Not seeing any contact info for that specific plant on their website. Lol. How would one go about applying?

trinidrift
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby trinidrift » December 7th, 2017, 4:15 pm

Use the ipsl website. And you can check wood group

sinister_14
3NE 2NR for life

Postby sinister_14 » December 7th, 2017, 4:16 pm

yvan300 wrote:
sinister_14 wrote:
sinister_14 wrote:

For info....

Not seeing any contact info for that specific plant on their website. Lol. How would one go about applying?

Call the number on the website...n ask dem to transfer u to HR on the methanol division....

life_will_get_better
Ricer

Postby life_will_get_better » December 7th, 2017, 5:04 pm

sinister_14 wrote:
yvan300 wrote:
sinister_14 wrote:
sinister_14 wrote:

For info....

Call the number on the website...n ask dem to transfer u to HR on the methanol division....

They didn't have any Ads out or anything! I wonder if is operators alone or E&I. I'll call tomorrow. Thanks.

yvan300
3NE 2NR for life

Postby yvan300 » December 7th, 2017, 5:14 pm

trinidrift wrote:Use the ipsl website. And you can check wood group

It says no vacancy but I'd call them tomorrow as someone suggested.

Joshie23
Riding on 16's

Postby Joshie23 » December 7th, 2017, 5:15 pm

life_will_get_better wrote:
sinister_14 wrote:
yvan300 wrote:
sinister_14 wrote:
sinister_14 wrote:

For info....

They didn't have any Ads out or anything! I wonder if is operators alone or E&I. I'll call tomorrow. Thanks.

Jah. Why is it so difficult? You asked a question and the man advised you accordingly. It's true, IPSL is interviewing for operators. In this rounds, don't just sit around waiting for opportunities to find you, you should to go looking for them too, bro..

trinidrift
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby trinidrift » December 7th, 2017, 5:21 pm

Ok

sMASH
TunerGod

Postby sMASH » December 7th, 2017, 9:02 pm

drop in a physical application... jess try it..

sinister_14
3NE 2NR for life

Postby sinister_14 » December 7th, 2017, 9:10 pm

Joshie23 wrote:
sinister_14 wrote:
yvan300 wrote:
sinister_14 wrote:
sinister_14 wrote:

For info....

Jah. Why is it so difficult? You asked a question and the man advised you accordingly. It's true, IPSL is interviewing for operators. In this rounds, don't just sit around waiting for opportunities to find you, you should to go looking for them too, bro..

True...they need ops and e&i and mech.....more men just resign to go la brea....word of advice call let them know u r interested so u would have a better chance...leave your name as well so dey would look out for your resume.....ask for an email address if the site dont have one.....ipsl need workers rite now....they would hire u just like that....u dont need a link to get in there....

sinister_14
3NE 2NR for life

Postby sinister_14 » December 7th, 2017, 9:13 pm

sinister_14 wrote:
yvan300 wrote:
sinister_14 wrote:
sinister_14 wrote:

For info....

They have no ads out my friend they calling ppl who apply just for applying sake....email an resume and drop in a hard copy....show u interested.....

sMASH
TunerGod

Postby sMASH » December 7th, 2017, 9:23 pm

Change of plans...
Eh fadda, Jess sit down home and expect them to come by Ur gate and invite u for an interview.
Works better than sending and application.

sMASH
TunerGod

Postby sMASH » December 7th, 2017, 9:25 pm

U send the application to the HR department of the company... They supposed to be streamlining into one general hr department. So it should go. To. Thst division anyhow.

sinister_14
3NE 2NR for life

Postby sinister_14 » December 7th, 2017, 9:44 pm

sMASH wrote:U send the application to the HR department of the company... They supposed to be streamlining into one general hr department. So it should go. To. Thst division anyhow.

These guys like dey not serious about working....dey dont understand that they need to market themselves in order to get a really good job....sigh....let companies know u exist..........u need to keep trying and apply till u get tru.....that even means....send dem a resume everyday....things hard in this country rite now and it not going to get better.....ambition is the key to success....

sMASH
TunerGod

Postby sMASH » December 7th, 2017, 10:35 pm

well, there are only so many vacancies, but hundreds of potentials... the vacancy WOULD be filled. its up to u to be the one that occupies that spot.

i remember, in my time, just after sando tech, i went through the phone book and searched through the yellow pages for any thing vaguely resembling anything industrial, took their addresses, and made out applications for them all, and mailed them in. probably 20 for just pt fortin alone. had about thirty for pt lisas, but sando tech linked me up to where i started.

years later, my uncle told me that people called and asked for me.. at that time, we didnt have a house fone (2002) and used their fone to receive calls. and he told the callers that i was already working........................... that was how i remained where i was.

and then my watch began..................

eitech
punchin NOS

Postby eitech » December 7th, 2017, 11:09 pm

Supt told us dey doing interviews for NEW hires for contract position for e&i.

rayrayray
Street 2NR

Postby rayrayray » December 7th, 2017, 11:17 pm

Oh wrd ?

yvan300
3NE 2NR for life

Postby yvan300 » December 11th, 2017, 6:12 pm

Called ipsl today. Turns out they actively doing interviews for some vacancies and a GIT program. Neither of which were advertised. If you ain't know people in the company it's good advice to call HR every two weeks to enquire.

DreamWeaver
3NE 2NR for life

Postby DreamWeaver » December 11th, 2017, 7:09 pm

yvan300 wrote:Called ipsl today. Turns out they actively doing interviews for some vacancies and a GIT program. Neither of which were advertised. If you ain't know people in the company it's good advice to call HR every two weeks to enquire.

they losing more and more ppl to cgcl. they trying to save face right now. they calling back ppl they sent home over the last 2 years through retrenchments. thats probably why they didn't advertise. they already have a list of potential candidates.

eitech
punchin NOS

Postby eitech » December 11th, 2017, 7:12 pm

Yea they tryin to play like everything normal but as a good source told me, they panicking right now

DreamWeaver
3NE 2NR for life

Postby DreamWeaver » December 11th, 2017, 8:06 pm

when you dont treat your workers well, they will obviously want to leave. their management philosophy is the reason why they should panic continuously. a good management team doesnt go to another company and tell them not to hire their employees. a good management team provides incentives to keep their employees motivated and working for them. those jokers only terrorizing their employees through fears of retrenchments, warning letters and suspensions. nobody wants that kind of environment to work in.

K74T
TunerGod

Postby K74T » December 11th, 2017, 8:14 pm

For the HSE folks:

zoom rader
TunerGod

Postby zoom rader » December 12th, 2017, 4:16 am

DreamWeaver wrote:when you dont treat your workers well, they will obviously want to leave. their management philosophy is the reason why they should panic continuously. a good management team doesnt go to another company and tell them not to hire their employees. a good management team provides incentives to keep their employees motivated and working for them. those jokers only terrorizing their employees through fears of retrenchments, warning letters and suspensions. nobody wants that kind of environment to work in.

I used to work in a Pt Lisas company.
Their management style was just as you described above. They kept lossing staff by bullying ppl. Their idea was that there was 10 guys waiting to fill your post and county in a recession. It cost them in Long run to train staff. They exploted new staff by underpaying them and forever extending their training contracts. New staff was treated the worst, older staff feared better.

The management ran the company on hearsay and rumours. News carrying was norm. Office staff was family run where members was related to each other or some government Minster relative or friend. I guess most places are like that in Trini now

DreamWeaver
3NE 2NR for life

Postby DreamWeaver » December 12th, 2017, 6:21 am

zoom rader wrote:
DreamWeaver wrote:when you dont treat your workers well, they will obviously want to leave. their management philosophy is the reason why they should panic continuously. a good management team doesnt go to another company and tell them not to hire their employees. a good management team provides incentives to keep their employees motivated and working for them. those jokers only terrorizing their employees through fears of retrenchments, warning letters and suspensions. nobody wants that kind of environment to work in.

I used to work in a Pt Lisas company.
Their management style was just as you described above. They kept lossing staff by bullying ppl. Their idea was that there was 10 guys waiting to fill your post and county in a recession. It cost them in Long run to train staff. They exploted new staff by underpaying them and forever extending their training contracts. New staff was treated the worst, older staff feared better.

The management ran the company on hearsay and rumours. News carrying was norm. Office staff was family run where members was related to each other or some government Minster relative or friend. I guess most places are like that in Trini now

It is very sad that we the people of trinidad now treat this type of employer-employee relations as the new norm. We should be standing up and demanding more from these multimillion dollar companies (local and foreign) that only exploit their employees so that they can make 200% and 300% profits even in these hard times. Too much of a union is a bad thing (e.g. Petrotrin's current state) but no union is also a bad thing (e.g. ipsl). There needs to be a middle ground where both can benefit because it is obvious you cannot let one control the other without favoritism

life_will_get_better
Ricer

Postby life_will_get_better » December 12th, 2017, 12:51 pm

DreamWeaver wrote:
yvan300 wrote:Called ipsl today. Turns out they actively doing interviews for some vacancies and a GIT program. Neither of which were advertised. If you ain't know people in the company it's good advice to call HR every two weeks to enquire.

they losing more and more ppl to cgcl. they trying to save face right now. they calling back ppl they sent home over the last 2 years through retrenchments. thats probably why they didn't advertise. they already have a list of potential candidates.

I wonder how far they reach in calling back retrenched workers. Just waiting for that call! Yesterday I pass and it was looking like a ghost town.

iannar
Riding on 13's

Postby iannar » December 13th, 2017, 5:53 am

Hi guys, I am working with a medium sized oil/gas service provider in LaBrea. The following vacancies are available -

1) Process Technician - Mechanical
2) Process Technician - E&I
3) Junior Process Technician

Please see http://www.automation.tt for details, thanks.

sMASH
TunerGod

Postby sMASH » December 13th, 2017, 5:59 pm

12hrs or 8hrs shifts?

rayrayray
Street 2NR

Postby rayrayray » December 13th, 2017, 6:11 pm

iannar
Riding on 13's

Postby iannar » December 13th, 2017, 8:01 pm

sMASH wrote:12hrs or 8hrs shifts?

currently 12, but there is a possibility that it will change to 8 in the new year.

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”