Postby rmrunner » December 13th, 2017, 8:37 pm

noted!

De Dragon
TriniTuner 24-7

Re: Energy Sector Thread - Operators, Engineers, Technicians Et Al

Postby De Dragon » December 13th, 2017, 11:41 pm

DreamWeaver wrote:
zoom rader wrote:
DreamWeaver wrote:when you dont treat your workers well, they will obviously want to leave. their management philosophy is the reason why they should panic continuously. a good management team doesnt go to another company and tell them not to hire their employees. a good management team provides incentives to keep their employees motivated and working for them. those jokers only terrorizing their employees through fears of retrenchments, warning letters and suspensions. nobody wants that kind of environment to work in.

I used to work in a Pt Lisas company.
Their management style was just as you described above. They kept lossing staff by bullying ppl. Their idea was that there was 10 guys waiting to fill your post and county in a recession. It cost them in Long run to train staff. They exploted new staff by underpaying them and forever extending their training contracts. New staff was treated the worst, older staff feared better.

The management ran the company on hearsay and rumours. News carrying was norm. Office staff was family run where members was related to each other or some government Minster relative or friend. I guess most places are like that in Trini now

It is very sad that we the people of trinidad now treat this type of employer-employee relations as the new norm. We should be standing up and demanding more from these multimillion dollar companies (local and foreign) that only exploit their employees so that they can make 200% and 300% profits even in these hard times. Too much of a union is a bad thing (e.g. Petrotrin's current state) but no union is also a bad thing (e.g. ipsl). There needs to be a middle ground where both can benefit because it is obvious you cannot let one control the other without favoritism

Nu-Iron has no union, and look at them compared to Mittal. You can join any union of your choice and receive representation by them no matter where you work. It is your right as a citizen.

zoom rader
TunerGod

Postby zoom rader » December 14th, 2017, 4:37 am

De Dragon wrote:
DreamWeaver wrote:
zoom rader wrote:
DreamWeaver wrote:when you dont treat your workers well, they will obviously want to leave. their management philosophy is the reason why they should panic continuously. a good management team doesnt go to another company and tell them not to hire their employees. a good management team provides incentives to keep their employees motivated and working for them. those jokers only terrorizing their employees through fears of retrenchments, warning letters and suspensions. nobody wants that kind of environment to work in.

I used to work in a Pt Lisas company.
Their management style was just as you described above. They kept lossing staff by bullying ppl. Their idea was that there was 10 guys waiting to fill your post and county in a recession. It cost them in Long run to train staff. They exploted new staff by underpaying them and forever extending their training contracts. New staff was treated the worst, older staff feared better.

The management ran the company on hearsay and rumours. News carrying was norm. Office staff was family run where members was related to each other or some government Minster relative or friend. I guess most places are like that in Trini now

It is very sad that we the people of trinidad now treat this type of employer-employee relations as the new norm. We should be standing up and demanding more from these multimillion dollar companies (local and foreign) that only exploit their employees so that they can make 200% and 300% profits even in these hard times. Too much of a union is a bad thing (e.g. Petrotrin's current state) but no union is also a bad thing (e.g. ipsl). There needs to be a middle ground where both can benefit because it is obvious you cannot let one control the other without favoritism

Nu-Iron has no union, and look at them compared to Mittal. You can join any union of your choice and receive representation by them no matter where you work. It is your right as a citizen.

I worked at mittal years ago and was a member of that union. After some time I realised that the union was filled with individuals that were empire builders. They ran side line contracting services with Mittal and only saw about themselves. Worst of all they were linked to the PNM and promoted it . There was also covert racism in that union.

On the other hand I also worked on the estate with non union companies and it was just as worst.
Those companies ran on hearsay and rumours. Vicmisation was the norm. It's was a friends and family circle. Promotions was based on years service and yes men rather than merit and education.

All my years of working in trinidad I can't say I enjoyed it. I leaned fast that it is not wise to stay in any one company. Best is to spend 3 to 5 years and observe that working environment. If the company has not improved your working condition via pay or promotion then it's time to move on.

sdawkcab
Ricer

Postby sdawkcab » December 15th, 2017, 6:56 am

Hey guys, serious question here;

I got some information that Petrotrin has vacancies for their police department; does anyone here work in Petrotrin and can verify this? I'm interested in seeking employment anywhere, but my current place of work. If anyone can confirm this, and point me in the direction of who to email a résumé to, it would be greatly appreciated, thanks.

car
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby car » December 15th, 2017, 7:41 am

sdawkcab wrote:Hey guys, serious question here;

I got some information that Petrotrin has vacancies for their police department; does anyone here work in Petrotrin and can verify this? I'm interested in seeking employment anywhere, but my current place of work. If anyone can confirm this, and point me in the direction of who to email a résumé to, it would be greatly appreciated, thanks.

1500 workers to go in January. Just heard that this morning.

vaiostation
I LUV THIS PLACE

Postby vaiostation » December 15th, 2017, 8:02 am

Don't bother unless you know someone and you are the correct height...
I tried earlier in de year. I do de assessments but never hear back for obvious reasons...
But if you still wanna try, then drop it in point a pierre...
Also most hiring on hold, so sheit about to hit de fans!!!

Helena_Victor
Street 2NR

Postby Helena_Victor » December 15th, 2017, 9:10 am

car wrote:

I believe this 1500 would be mainly admin staff right? Not essential services like police and fire...

DreamWeaver
3NE 2NR for life

Postby DreamWeaver » December 16th, 2017, 8:29 am

Helena_Victor wrote:
car wrote:

I believe this 1500 would be mainly admin staff right? Not essential services like police and fire...

Wait nah. Petrotrin finally going to do that purge??? Roget will get a heart attack!

car
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby car » December 16th, 2017, 12:00 pm

Helena_Victor wrote:
car wrote:

Would be in all dept.

De Dragon
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby De Dragon » December 16th, 2017, 1:25 pm

car wrote:
Helena_Victor wrote:
car wrote:

Would be in all dept.

Vidya Deokiesingh passing in dat rush?

nervewrecker
3NE 2NR Power Seller

Postby nervewrecker » December 16th, 2017, 2:12 pm

1500 alone?

Sauce?

I been hearing that talk some weeks now. But heard 1/3 and been hearing its in the overstaffed departments.
Not sure if powleece hiring but they took on people recently.

Cantmis
punchin NOS

Postby Cantmis » December 16th, 2017, 6:23 pm

20171216_161218.jpg

DreamWeaver
3NE 2NR for life

Postby DreamWeaver » December 18th, 2017, 5:54 am

any word on if cnc getting gas next year?

sdawkcab
Ricer

Postby sdawkcab » December 18th, 2017, 6:52 am

Damn... Things looking grim in Petrotrin. Thanks for the heads up guys.

trackstar
Riding on 13's

Postby trackstar » December 19th, 2017, 5:58 pm

any one know what comes in the pcs nitrogen entrance exam??

Cantmis
punchin NOS

Postby Cantmis » December 19th, 2017, 6:47 pm

How to make ammonia!!

vaiostation
I LUV THIS PLACE

Postby vaiostation » December 20th, 2017, 2:19 pm

trackstar wrote:any one know what comes in the pcs nitrogen entrance exam??

Learn ya primary school maths, everything else is either ya know it or you don't.

Also don't get your hopes up to high, it a links thing in pcs. I've met many brilliant people over the years that did that exam and never got through, but I also know people with family members working there and got link up pretty easily...

DreamWeaver
3NE 2NR for life

Postby DreamWeaver » December 20th, 2017, 5:14 pm

vaiostation wrote:
trackstar wrote:any one know what comes in the pcs nitrogen entrance exam??

Learn ya primary school maths, everything else is either ya know it or you don't.

Also don't get your hopes up to high, it a links thing in pcs. I've met many brilliant people over the years that did that exam and never got through, but I also know people with family members working there and got link up pretty easily...

i agree. pcs is a rel link scene.

jhonnieblue
Riding on 18's

Postby jhonnieblue » December 20th, 2017, 5:58 pm

Not anymore lol..we have new HR..could easily get they without links now

Numb3r4
Shifting into 6th

Postby Numb3r4 » December 21st, 2017, 9:33 pm

Yo JSL made the news again OWTU is looking into workers issues, what is going on?

DreamWeaver
3NE 2NR for life

Postby DreamWeaver » December 22nd, 2017, 3:52 am

Heads up. M4 is starting back up

eitech
punchin NOS

Postby eitech » December 22nd, 2017, 5:14 am

Men get bonus too

DreamWeaver
3NE 2NR for life

Postby DreamWeaver » December 22nd, 2017, 6:14 am

eitech wrote:Men get bonus too

i hearin so. daz d company best move to keep employees. if cgcl wasnt takin their ppl, men wasnt gonna get squat.

sMASH
TunerGod

Postby sMASH » December 22nd, 2017, 6:21 am

Did they get bonus last year?

DreamWeaver
3NE 2NR for life

Postby DreamWeaver » December 24th, 2017, 5:42 pm

sMASH wrote:Did they get bonus last year?

probably. not as much as people working in/for petrotrin though i bet.

sMASH
TunerGod

Postby sMASH » December 24th, 2017, 5:47 pm

I heard last year was no bonus. So, if they did pay this year, they in the pinch due to worker turn over.

DreamWeaver
3NE 2NR for life

Postby DreamWeaver » December 24th, 2017, 6:39 pm

sMASH wrote:I heard last year was no bonus. So, if they did pay this year, they in the pinch due to worker turn over.

I suspect you might be right. i now hearing dat d ceo sending emails about christmas cheer and the holiday season and all tht. apparently that aint ah normal ting for d ceo to do (i suspect he is a scrooge of sorts?). clearly d big boss trying/begging for he employees to stay

sMASH
TunerGod

Postby sMASH » December 24th, 2017, 6:53 pm

It kinda normal. They used to always have hr send out cards, shift hampers, meals for the working shifts.
But last year was salt.
The emails are customary for all occasions, like emancipation and divali, etc.

A paycheck is a paycheck.

DreamWeaver
3NE 2NR for life

Postby DreamWeaver » December 25th, 2017, 5:43 pm

A good read for anyone following the gas situation in the country. BTW, Merry Christmas to all!

25626356_10156051625188619_1313330197332134135_o.jpg

sMASH
TunerGod

Postby sMASH » December 26th, 2017, 9:01 am

The price hike can be absorbed, is if they are willing to do it. Most likely yeah.

If not, I hope that the contracts have a clause that if they can't produce or decide to pack up, that they forfeit everything back to the government.

And let the locsls take ownership.

Is like this, u have 3 cars on the road, and one only bringing in a quarter of what the others doing. But that is after expenses. It still is a profit. If U give up the car u have less stress, but u giVe up what profit that car generates.

And the thing is, them big boys didntn reach where they is by living stress free.

Let mark keep his stance, the germs will take the bluff. But ngc needs to send the gas.

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”