Energy Sector Thread - Operators, Engineers, Technicians Et Al

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

tr1ad
2NR phototakerouter

Re: Energy Sector Thread - Operators, Engineers, Technicians Et Al

Postby tr1ad » February 20th, 2019, 8:15 am

nervewrecker wrote:I will ask HR.

But I wont get the amount of time to soend behind my business. Thats something I taking into consideration.
Plus I already have another job. I like this job though and they specifically said they need people like me. Esp since I grew up in the area and know every hole as well as the power supply. Havent met much of a problem I couldn't solve at my last job and was doing taska way above my pay grade. I was not authorized to work on 12kv and 6kv lines. Lost track on how much I worked on and at all hour the night.

which one paying more

/FIN

JDM_23
Ricer

Postby JDM_23 » March 14th, 2019, 5:37 pm

Atlantic LNG Graduate Internship Programme 2019 and please see attached details in pic.
Attachments
AtlanticLNG.JPG

zoom rader
TunerGod

Postby zoom rader » March 14th, 2019, 5:41 pm

JDM_23 wrote:Atlantic LNG Graduate Internship Programme 2019 and please see attached details in pic.
Hard to get in there as politics have weight with the present goverment.

JDM_23
Ricer

Postby JDM_23 » March 14th, 2019, 5:48 pm

zoom rader wrote:
JDM_23 wrote:Atlantic LNG Graduate Internship Programme 2019 and please see attached details in pic.

I know, I tried applying but couldn't complete the process since they said I did not meet the minimum requirements for the position (as EI&C intern) but could also be because I attended UTT. As such, I'm still sharing it incase anyone else is interested.

trinidrift
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby trinidrift » March 14th, 2019, 11:14 pm

They ONLY take utt grads as told to me by someone in their hr department so it’s something else.

vaiostation
I LUV THIS PLACE

Postby vaiostation » March 15th, 2019, 7:10 am

Just cause they put out an ad, that doesn't mean they looking for people. Usually Graduate programs are reserved for the children or relatives of the high ranking people at the company...

I used to work there and every Graduate I met had a relative in there.
But this is usually the same policy in point lisas as well from my experiences...

zoom rader
TunerGod

Postby zoom rader » March 15th, 2019, 7:20 am

vaiostation wrote:Just cause they put out an ad, that doesn't mean they looking for people. Usually Graduate programs are reserved for the children or relatives of the high ranking people at the company...

But this is usually the same policy in point lisas as well from my experiences...

Its called networking but basically bullchit as it has always been like this.

One of only places where there was fair employment was when Ispat was here . Those Indians only wanted the best grads , but it was hard work for them and Ispat made them work.

JDM_23
Ricer

Postby JDM_23 » March 15th, 2019, 1:26 pm

trinidrift wrote:They ONLY take utt grads as told to me by someone in their hr department so it’s something else.

The company does not ONLY take UTT grads, they take people from UWI and if a company is looking for only UTT grads they would send the posting directly to the UTT alumini association for them to forward to graduates that are interested, instead of having to go through unwanted applications.

JDM_23
Ricer

Postby JDM_23 » March 15th, 2019, 1:30 pm

vaiostation wrote:Just cause they put out an ad, that doesn't mean they looking for people. Usually Graduate programs are reserved for the children or relatives of the high ranking people at the company...

This could also be through, because I have applied to many companies for graduate programmes in order to get work experience at not once has my application been acknowledged nor was I ever contacted for an interview. I suppose getting through would involve you having the right links.

trinidrift
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby trinidrift » March 15th, 2019, 2:04 pm

So that hr person lying then?
JDM_23 wrote:
trinidrift wrote:They ONLY take utt grads as told to me by someone in their hr department so it’s something else.

The company does not ONLY take UTT grads, they take people from UWI and if a company is looking for only UTT grads they would send the posting directly to the UTT alumini association for them to forward to graduates that are interested, instead of having to go through unwanted applications.

car
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby car » March 15th, 2019, 2:13 pm

trinidrift wrote:So that hr person lying then?
JDM_23 wrote:

Yes

trinidrift
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby trinidrift » March 15th, 2019, 2:17 pm

Noted

nervewrecker
3NE 2NR Power Seller

Postby nervewrecker » March 15th, 2019, 9:18 pm

JDM_23 wrote:

This could also be through, because I have applied to many companies for graduate programmes in order to get work experience at not once has my application been acknowledged nor was I ever contacted for an interview. I suppose getting through would involve you having the right links.

used to be the same thing in the public service for the "summer" internship. Always some director, or assistant director, admin officer or some shiz so family coming in. You knew months in advance who coming.

De Dragon
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby De Dragon » March 17th, 2019, 9:16 am

nervewrecker wrote:
JDM_23 wrote:

used to be the same thing in the public service for the "summer" internship. Always some director, or assistant director, admin officer or some shiz so family coming in. You knew months in advance who coming.

In the early days of PPSL, now IPSL, there was a time when Brian Manning, Carlos John's son, and Neil Jones daughter were there as interns.

sMASH
TunerGod

Postby sMASH » March 17th, 2019, 10:31 am

nu iron have vacancies owah?

rayrayray
Street 2NR

Postby rayrayray » March 17th, 2019, 10:34 am

...following

zoom rader
TunerGod

Postby zoom rader » March 17th, 2019, 11:21 am

De Dragon wrote:
nervewrecker wrote:
JDM_23 wrote:

In the early days of PPSL, now IPSL, there was a time when Brian Manning, Carlos John's son, and Neil Jones daughter were there as interns.
NGC was even worse, it was reveseve for only ppl that had/have strong ties to PNM. It's was 90% afro trinis and very pro PNM.

TELCO/TSTT was the same

De Dragon
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby De Dragon » March 17th, 2019, 2:13 pm

zoom rader wrote:
De Dragon wrote:
nervewrecker wrote:
JDM_23 wrote:

NGC was even worse, it was reveseve for only ppl that had/have strong ties to PNM. It's was 90% afro trinis and very pro PNM.

TELCO/TSTT was the same

Even Claude Musaib-Ali had a daughter there. Malcolm Jones' son was there as well but as a permanent employee in Operations.

K74T
TunerGod

Postby K74T » March 17th, 2019, 3:57 pm

20190317_155507.jpeg

vaiostation
I LUV THIS PLACE

Postby vaiostation » March 17th, 2019, 4:06 pm

K74T wrote:20190317_155507.jpeg

Which newspaper this ad on?

K74T
TunerGod

Postby K74T » March 17th, 2019, 4:09 pm

Friday's Newsday

vaiostation
I LUV THIS PLACE

Postby vaiostation » March 17th, 2019, 4:15 pm

^^^ That's OWTU company that supposed to be taking over petrotrin soon. Surprised that ad came out soo early...

trinidrift
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby trinidrift » March 17th, 2019, 4:18 pm

Yes it is and it caught me by surprise

vaiostation
I LUV THIS PLACE

Postby vaiostation » March 17th, 2019, 4:20 pm

Taught owtu would have made a public announcement before putting out an ad for workers.

eKeith
Street 2NR

Postby eKeith » March 17th, 2019, 4:24 pm

zoom rader wrote:
Political influence is a reality but these companies also need real talent to groom into functional staff. Don't be discouraged,l; apply if you meet the requirements...

DreamWeaver
3NE 2NR for life

Postby DreamWeaver » March 17th, 2019, 7:43 pm

https://www.trinidadexpress.com/opinion ... 6bf30.html

Today's Express Column from Ralph Maraj was quite insightful as always. Wonder how long our Energy Sector industry has left

vaiostation
I LUV THIS PLACE

Postby vaiostation » March 17th, 2019, 8:15 pm

^^^A declining economy coupled with an influx of hundreds of thousands of illegal immigrants. Putting a strain on healthcare, education and job market...

Recipe for disaster?

zoom rader
TunerGod

Postby zoom rader » March 17th, 2019, 9:28 pm

vaiostation wrote:^^^A declining economy coupled with an influx of hundreds of thousands of illegal immigrants. Putting a strain on healthcare, education and job market...

Recipe for disaster?
More rich folk to take advantage on ppl and the present goverment to turn a blind eye.

hydroep
3ne2nr Toppa Toppa

Postby hydroep » March 18th, 2019, 6:37 am

The result of a poorly negotiated contract...:?:

NGC buying less natural gas from bpTT
50 mil­lion stan­dard cu­bic feet per day left be­hind
Curtis Williams

The Na­tion­al Gas Com­pa­ny (NGC) has told bpTT it wants less nat­ur­al gas than is avail­able to it for the rest of the year, leav­ing be­hind al­most 50 mil­lion stan­dard cu­bic feet per day, even though there has been a nat­ur­al gas short­age in the coun­try.

Of­fi­cials of bpTT and the NGC were tight lipped about the sit­u­a­tion. The British en­er­gy gi­ant would nei­ther con­firm nor de­ny the de­vel­op­ment cit­ing con­fi­den­tial­i­ty of con­tract, while NGC would on­ly say it is act­ing in the best in­ter­est of it­self and the lo­cal gas mar­ket.

NGC has de­cid­ed to pur­chase less gas than is avail­able al­though for nine years petro­chem­i­cal plants at the Point Lisas In­dus­tri­al Es­tate have not been get­ting all the gas they need to run at max­i­mum per­for­mance. This has made them in­creas­ing­ly un­com­pet­i­tive and has al­so led to law­suits with NGC hav­ing to pay out mil­lions of dol­lars in com­pen­sa­tion.

Gov­ern­ment has re­peat­ed­ly stat­ed that the coun­try needs all the gas it can get to re­duce the short­fall in gas for the down­stream sec­tor and At­lantic LNG. The short­age has al­ready cost the trea­sury hun­dreds of mil­lions of dol­lars.

How­ev­er, in a strange twist, re­ports are that the price of gas re­cent­ly agreed up­on by NGC and bpTT is part­ly to blame for the dif­fi­cul­ties NGC is now fac­ing in sell­ing that gas at a rea­son­able prof­it.

The NGC of­fi­cials told the Sun­day Guardian it is “op­er­at­ing in a man­ner that sup­ports its con­trac­tu­al and com­mer­cial im­per­a­tives.”

NGC was asked whether it is able to pur­chase enough gas to sup­ply 100 per cent of the needs of its cus­tomers and it com­ing on stream of the Mit­subishi, NGC, Massy methanol plant will mean an in­crease in ag­gre­gate de­mand. The com­pa­ny was al­so asked if it has giv­en its fore­cast de­mand for 2019 to bpTT, the coun­try’s largest nat­ur­al gas pro­duc­er, and if bpTT can make avail­able more gas than is be­ing re­quest

In re­sponse, the com­pa­ny said: “NGC as gas ag­gre­ga­tor con­tin­ues to ac­tive­ly col­lab­o­rate with both the up­stream sup­pli­ers and down­stream cus­tomers to en­sure an op­ti­mal gas sup­ply/de­mand bal­ance is achieved and will con­tin­ue to op­er­ate in a man­ner that al­so sup­ports our con­trac­tu­al and com­mer­cial im­per­a­tives.”

While NGC was un­will­ing to go fur­ther on record, sev­er­al se­nior com­pa­ny of­fi­cials, speak­ing on con­di­tion of anonymi­ty, said NGC was try­ing to sur­vive in dif­fi­cult fi­nan­cial chal­lenges and the price of gas they were buy­ing from bpTT in the new deal meant that down­stream com­pa­nies still on old con­tracts were get­ting gas at prices in­im­i­cal to the in­ter­est of the NGC.

In ad­di­tion, with a num­ber of plants in­clud­ing Ti­tan Methanol cur­rent­ly shut down for main­te­nance, for the next two months all the com­pa­nies on the Point Lisas In­dus­tri­al Es­tate are get­ting all the gas they are con­tract­ed to re­ceive.

The chal­lenge comes when those plants and fin­ished with their main­te­nance and all up and run­ning, in ad­di­tion to which Methanol Hold­ings still has a methanol and melamine plants down due to a lack of suf­fi­cient nat­ur­al gas while the NGC is ex­pect­ed to bring in­to op­er­a­tions its own methanol plant cur­rent­ly be­ing con­struct­ed with Massy and Mit­subishi.

NGC is the ag­gre­ga­tor of gas in T&T and buys gas from up­stream com­pa­nies, in­clud­ing bpTT, Shell, BHP, EOG and De­N­o­vo, then sells that gas to petro­chem­i­cal plants at a high­er price, or what is called a mar­gin.

The com­pa­ny is there­fore the cus­to­di­an of the gas and de­ter­mines which com­pa­nies get gas and the amount in keep­ing with var­i­ous con­trac­tu­al arrange­ments.

In buy­ing gas from bpTT, the NGC can nom­i­nate how much gas it wants on a dai­ly, month­ly and an­nu­al ba­sis and bpTT will sup­ply in keep­ing with the fore­cast­ed amount at an agreed price.

The de­ci­sion to buy less gas from bpTT means less gas will be in the sys­tem for down­stream com­pa­nies to ac­cess and bpTT’s ad­di­tion­al gas will now be sold to At­lantic LNG, a high­ly placed source told the Sun­day Guardian.

In ad­di­tion, with more gas com­ing on from bpTT’s An­gelin and Shell ramp­ing up pro­duc­tion, sources said the nat­ur­al gas cur­tail­ment in the down­stream should come to an end un­less plants that are down are brought back in­to pro­duc­tion.

http://www.guardian.co.tt/news/ngc-buying-less-natural-gas-from-bptt-6.2.802686.52c38c8f00

sMASH
TunerGod

Postby sMASH » March 18th, 2019, 5:53 pm

Who else supplies gas to NGC besides BPTT?

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”