Forums

Energy Sector Thread - Operators, Engineers, Technicians Et Al

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

De Dragon
TriniTuner 24-7

Re: Energy Sector Thread - Operators, Engineers, Technicians Et Al

Postby De Dragon » March 18th, 2019, 6:15 pm

sMASH wrote:Who else supplies gas to NGC besides BPTT?

"NGC is the ag­gre­ga­tor of gas in T&T and buys gas from up­stream com­pa­nies, in­clud­ing bpTT, Shell, BHP, EOG and De­N­o­vo, then sells that gas to petro­chem­i­cal plants at a high­er price, or what is called a mar­gin".

sMASH
TunerGod

Postby sMASH » March 18th, 2019, 8:42 pm

any one of them, either out right or via some shell company, getting any assets in new petrotrin?

trinidrift
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby trinidrift » March 20th, 2019, 7:45 am

Remember majority of the gas bptt sells goes to Atlantic
De Dragon wrote:
sMASH wrote:Who else supplies gas to NGC besides BPTT?

"NGC is the ag­gre­ga­tor of gas in T&T and buys gas from up­stream com­pa­nies, in­clud­ing bpTT, Shell, BHP, EOG and De­N­o­vo, then sells that gas to petro­chem­i­cal plants at a high­er price, or what is called a mar­gin".

dogg
Riding on 16's

Postby dogg » March 20th, 2019, 9:12 am

so buy NGL shares?

sMASH
TunerGod

Postby sMASH » March 20th, 2019, 8:37 pm

30.05 closing. down from 30.08... wow what a bargain.. lol.

DreamWeaver
3NE 2NR for life

Postby DreamWeaver » April 10th, 2019, 7:12 pm

Anybody know what going on with ipsl? My buddy say that they ain't hiring anybody permanent again until further notice. They say is because govt aint giving them new gas contracts for their methanol plants which currently running on a gas bligh. But I hearing all other places getting contracts renewed. Allyuh think proman contemplating that point lisas days numbered and they just milking whatever they have left?

trinidrift
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby trinidrift » April 10th, 2019, 7:23 pm

Anyone knows what going on with niquan? Haven't heard anything about them in a while
Did you all know Kenson got both paria and heritage operations except office staff and may possibly get the refinery too?

Sent from my POCOPHONE F1 using TriniTuner.com mobile app

nervewrecker
3NE 2NR Power Seller

Postby nervewrecker » April 10th, 2019, 7:30 pm

DreamWeaver wrote:Anybody know what going on with ipsl? My buddy say that they ain't hiring anybody permanent again until further notice. They say is because govt aint giving them new gas contracts for their methanol plants which currently running on a gas bligh. But I hearing all other places getting contracts renewed. Allyuh think proman contemplating that point lisas days numbered and they just milking whatever they have left?

Heard of men got hired in IPSL recently but they saying they have no vacancies. Not sure if bobol.

Didnt really ask much.

nervewrecker
3NE 2NR Power Seller

Postby nervewrecker » April 10th, 2019, 7:34 pm

trinidrift wrote:Anyone knows what going on with niquan? Haven't heard anything about them in a while
Did you all know Kenson got both paria and heritage operations except office staff and may possibly get the refinery too?

Niquan dey, not sure what taking place or what going on but it have staff there.

Heard talk massy might get the refinery, not sure if kenson will get it also. Refinery real iffy right about now.

I know kenson put a hold on hiring right now in heritage, trying to make do with what ever little staff they have. The whole oilfield getting stolen and its a restricted area. Wont doubt is the security. The guys were telling me they left the office with an ac in the morning, swing back mid morning and all the ac gone. They said mash up for copper. Tools stolen and things men wont even think to steal are stolen. How things walking out of there if both sides guarded by security?

trinidrift
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby trinidrift » April 10th, 2019, 7:47 pm

I also heard Bp or owtu get the refinery but as you said it ify so it's just a waiting game

vaiostation
I LUV THIS PLACE

Postby vaiostation » April 10th, 2019, 8:41 pm

Anybody know the current status of Mittal?
I remember a few years ago people said someone would buy them over, but never heard anything since.

rayrayray
Street 2NR

Postby rayrayray » April 10th, 2019, 8:41 pm

Following ....

nervewrecker
3NE 2NR Power Seller

Postby nervewrecker » April 10th, 2019, 8:51 pm

vaiostation wrote:Anybody know the current status of Mittal?
I remember a few years ago people said someone would buy them over, but never heard anything since.

Nothing.

Have Mittal men as students.

Also one is an uncle.

talk was nu iron buy them or some shiz so.

sMASH
TunerGod

Postby sMASH » April 10th, 2019, 10:20 pm

ent nu iron did buy piece of the property? just the DR 3 and sumting else. come like they didnt buy the car, just the turbo and the diff.

they could really refit mittal and do sumting. like probably the aluminium milling to start off with.

ProtonPowder
Riding on 18's

Postby ProtonPowder » April 10th, 2019, 11:33 pm

DreamWeaver wrote:Anybody know what going on with ipsl? My buddy say that they ain't hiring anybody permanent again until further notice. They say is because govt aint giving them new gas contracts for their methanol plants which currently running on a gas bligh. But I hearing all other places getting contracts renewed. Allyuh think proman contemplating that point lisas days numbered and they just milking whatever they have left?

Them busy hiring their HoDs children and temple friends as new hires.

death365
Riding on 18's

Postby death365 » April 11th, 2019, 12:01 pm

ProtonPowder wrote:

what does VEX meh is ... if u sit back an do whats right - people u know telling u that u dutty not to help. when u helping people u know ( to serve God is to serve people) - people u dont know telling u that u dutty to help people u kno.

Oh well :fist:

Numb3r4
Shifting into 6th

Postby Numb3r4 » April 11th, 2019, 7:10 pm

Damned if you do, damned if you don't.

JDM_23
Ricer

Postby JDM_23 » April 11th, 2019, 7:21 pm

ProtonPowder wrote:

This maybe occurs at the majority of companies, in that someone has to know you for you to get in. In addition, I find that this is unfair to other qualified candidates as those candidates who are known by the higher ups in the companies and because of nepotism are provided with an unfair advantage.

trinidrift
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby trinidrift » April 11th, 2019, 8:57 pm

JDM_23 wrote:
ProtonPowder wrote:

This maybe occurs at the majority of companies, in that someone has to know you for you to get in. In addition, I find that this is unfair to other qualified candidates as those candidates who are known by the higher ups in the companies and because of nepotism are provided with an unfair advantage.

I agree

PapaC
Riding on 17's

Postby PapaC » April 12th, 2019, 8:02 am

It's been that way since the beginning of time.
Character references is an approved part or reviewing candidates.
I got my jobs without the nefarious scenario you guys alluding to though, but such is life.

Joshie23
Riding on 16's

Postby Joshie23 » April 12th, 2019, 9:54 am

JDM_23 wrote:This maybe occurs at the majority of companies, in that someone has to know you for you to get in. In addition, I find that this is unfair to other qualified candidates as those candidates who are known by the higher ups in the companies and because of nepotism are provided with an unfair advantage.

So for the sake of engagement (brace yourself; unpopular opinion coming). If any one of you have a child (not nephew, neighbour or padna..your own child) that went to school, fought hard, graduated and thus became qualified for a position in the company that you also fought hard and climbed your way up in..all of you are saying that you'd leave your children to fight on their own afterwards? You wouldn't throw at least some of your weight behind them?? Bear in mind, they're qualified eh..no 'square peg, round hole just to make a money' kinda thing. You all are sending your children to school to become highly qualified just to shake their hands after it all and wish them the best in their endeavours?

I call BS.

trinidrift
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby trinidrift » April 12th, 2019, 10:00 am

If they are anything like my parents no. You carve your own road make your own mistakes and you will appreciate it better.
Joshie23 wrote:
JDM_23 wrote:This maybe occurs at the majority of companies, in that someone has to know you for you to get in. In addition, I find that this is unfair to other qualified candidates as those candidates who are known by the higher ups in the companies and because of nepotism are provided with an unfair advantage.

So for the sake of engagement (brace yourself; unpopular opinion coming). If any one of you have a child (not nephew, neighbour or padna..your own child) that went to school, fought hard, graduated and thus became qualified for a position in the company that you also fought hard and climbed your way up in..all of you are saying that you'd leave your children to fight on their own afterwards? You wouldn't throw at least some of your weight behind them?? Bear in mind, they're qualified eh..no 'square peg, round hole just to make a money' kinda thing. You all are sending your children to school to become highly qualified just to shake their hands after it all and wish them the best in their endeavours?

I call BS.

Joshie23
Riding on 16's

Postby Joshie23 » April 12th, 2019, 10:47 am

trinidrift wrote:If they are anything like my parents no. You carve your own road make your own mistakes and you will appreciate it better.
Joshie23 wrote:

I call BS.

I understand, but again, remember we're not talking about a not-so-bright prettyboy or stargirl that got jammed in an office to make money without hard work. We're talking about someone who sacrificed and got their qualifications. That doesn't sound like someone that doesn't have appreciation for failures. Again, it's an unpopular opinion but to each their own.

nervewrecker
3NE 2NR Power Seller

Postby nervewrecker » April 12th, 2019, 11:43 pm

Joshie23 wrote:

I call BS.
I actually know of a very high ranking person in a certain oil company that will nit higher his highly qualified wife for professional reasons. Mind you, she meet and beat the requirements.
He is also a relative of mine. Can practically tell me show up for work monday. I never sent an application becausewe dont do it like that on this end. We get through on our own merit.

Joshie23
Riding on 16's

Postby Joshie23 » April 13th, 2019, 8:31 am

nervewrecker wrote:
Joshie23 wrote:

I call BS.
I actually know of a very high ranking person in a certain oil company that will nit higher his highly qualified wife for professional reasons. Mind you, she meet and beat the requirements.
He is also a relative of mine. Can practically tell me show up for work monday. I never sent an application becausewe dont do it like that on this end. We get through on our own merit.

Sending an application doesn't mean your family member has to help you though. Also, I said child..my child your child..not a third party connection. Further to that, I never said that as a parent I'll bypass every step to get my child inside..note I said throw some weight behind them. The way you all are making it sound is that you'll invest for 18-20 years in your child's education, future etc. and then throw them to the wolves. Hold strain. I had to fight up, so you fight up now, when the reality is, it's happening everywhere and to make it worse, some of those that were 'helped' don't even have papers to stand in the reception area, far less for the position they're in.

Personally, once they have the qualifications, responsibility, etc., if I can give so much as a recommendation based on my own work ethic and what not, I'm helping my offspring. Sometimes, just a last name is enough to get you enough respect to get in the door for an interview. How do we stop that? Is that nepotism? Inadvertent nepotism? You all might not agree with me, but like I said it's an unpopular opinion. We could say what we want on the internet because no one is watching (and that's not a jab at you, Nerve), but I still call BS.

trinidrift
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby trinidrift » April 13th, 2019, 8:49 am

In my case the most I ever got was the interview, never hired because of family/friend connections. After that i had to sink or swim. I would do the same for my kids. My parents stopped supporting me @ 18 so I was forced to get a job, finance my schooling and make a contribution to the household. Unlike many people I know who got hired because of connections and don't have a clue what a npt bolt is and continuously screw up and guess what never fired or disciplined. Tell me what is fair in that?

Joshie23
Riding on 16's

Postby Joshie23 » April 13th, 2019, 3:19 pm

trinidrift wrote:In my case the most I ever got was the interview, never hired because of family/friend connections. After that i had to sink or swim. I would do the same for my kids. My parents stopped supporting me @ 18 so I was forced to get a job, finance my schooling and make a contribution to the household. Unlike many people I know who got hired because of connections and don't have a clue what a npt bolt is and continuously screw up and guess what never fired or disciplined. Tell me what is fair in that?

Ditto to the part in bold. I know the sacrifices of balancing school/work/family. My eldest brother squandered a lot of resources so my father gave the rest of us some excuse as to why he won't finance us through university and that is exactly why I won't throw my offspring to the sharks. A lot of us grew up with parents that have/had the 'I had to suffer, so you should too' mentality and I don't subscribe to that. As for the part in red, sometimes that's all it takes, which is why I need to make sure my people are qualified.

Again, this is the internet so I can say what I want and not mean it, but personally I'm disciplined enough to know that I can't put my name and years of networking and building a reputation for myself behind someone who won't appreciate it, so once you've made sacrifices of your own, I'll stretch my hand as much as I ethically can.

ProtonPowder
Riding on 18's

Postby ProtonPowder » April 13th, 2019, 3:38 pm

Joshie23 wrote:
JDM_23 wrote:So for the sake of engagement (brace yourself; unpopular opinion coming). If any one of you have a child (not nephew, neighbour or padna..your own child) that went to school, fought hard, graduated and thus became qualified for a position in the company that you also fought hard and climbed your way up in..all of you are saying that you'd leave your children to fight on their own afterwards? You wouldn't throw at least some of your weight behind them?? Bear in mind, they're qualified eh..no 'square peg, round hole just to make a money' kinda thing. You all are sending your children to school to become highly qualified just to shake their hands after it all and wish them the best in their endeavours?

I call BS.

You think this situation happens often? Nah jed. Most times you send the child to UWI to purposely get a degree in the field you have a big wuk in to ensure that they get a big job after.

Or even better, send the child to UWI to "just do something nah oh gosh, just get a degree" and take 4 years to get a bare pass degree in psychology and no minor. Then they get shoehorned into the HR department or something similar.

Animal Pak
Sweet on this forum

Postby Animal Pak » April 13th, 2019, 4:28 pm

I work for an international oil and gas company. We have over 250 employees. I can guarantee that each and every one of them was a pull in. They all have the required qualifications for their position. However is the link you need to separate the chaff from the wheat. The average HR is just not going to go through hundreds of resumes and do tens of interviews to get someone. That is just not how the world works in 2019. Either you make some friends or you make some roti. It is what it is.

Jade_Inc.
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby Jade_Inc. » April 13th, 2019, 7:48 pm

Animal Pak wrote:I work for an international oil and gas company. We have over 250 employees. I can guarantee that each and every one of them was a pull in. They all have the required qualifications for their position. However is the link you need to separate the chaff from the wheat. The average HR is just not going to go through hundreds of resumes and do tens of interviews to get someone. That is just not how the world works in 2019. Either you make some friends or you make some roti. It is what it is.
It's all About who knows u and who u know... If u don't make friends or pull Smalls with people then crapaud smoke yuh pipe.

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”