Energy Sector Thread - Operators, Engineers, Technicians Et Al

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

De Dragon
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby De Dragon » December 19th, 2009, 12:48 pm

SNIPER 3000 wrote::shock: :shock: :shock:
I was right :?:
OLD FARTS go easy on the people nah.....i recall those days OF old farts like you all.......going through a 12 hours with out eating lunch and standing at compressor house for hours, stress...........that is why i will not follow that way , the presents operators should be different.
I know in petrotrin before you speak to the senior operator back in the days, you have to say may i approach the bench sir?........WTF

I feel he izza trainee too! He never light Reformer 3 times in one night shift, never stand for 12 hours in front ah de Control Panel making sure de IGG doh go down,never scrub Cooling Tower basin wit' tall boots and fire hose, never approach a 124 barg relief valve wit water hose after it lift and cyah seat back, never take 36 pages of readings EVERY 2 hours........
Seriously dude, relax yuh rass. I trained with guys had that mentality, and when I became a Senior I, Senior II and then Supervisor, I NEVER treated anyone that way so tek yuh time :wink:

SNIPER 3000
Riding on 17's

Postby SNIPER 3000 » December 19th, 2009, 4:46 pm

I am just teasing you old farts.............
But hook meh up with a work nah :oops:

But you all really old farts.....i mean old school dread.

never scrub Cooling Tower basin wit' tall boots and fire hose, never approach a 124 barg relief valve wit water hose after it lift and cyah seat back

De Dragon
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby De Dragon » December 19th, 2009, 5:16 pm

SNIPER 3000 wrote:I am just teasing you old farts.............
But hook meh up with a work nah :oops:

But you all really old farts.....i mean old school dread.

never scrub Cooling Tower basin wit' tall boots and fire hose, never approach a 124 barg relief valve wit water hose after it lift and cyah seat back

And that 124 barg is ah STEAM line eh pallie!

SNIPER 3000
Riding on 17's

Postby SNIPER 3000 » December 19th, 2009, 5:20 pm

I think the position and duties you speak of is now called......a plant attendant :lol:

You should try and move away from that field........ :wink:

De Dragon
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby De Dragon » December 19th, 2009, 6:05 pm

SNIPER 3000 wrote:I think the position and duties you speak of is now called......a plant attendant :lol:

You should try and move away from that field........ :wink:
No roots! Unless yuh working SIS, that is normal Operator duties

SNIPER 3000
Riding on 17's

Postby SNIPER 3000 » December 19th, 2009, 7:11 pm

Ok old man :roll:

SIS have operators......plant operators?

De Dragon
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby De Dragon » December 19th, 2009, 7:30 pm

SNIPER 3000 wrote:Ok old man :roll:

SIS have operators......plant operators?

Yes, apply and you might get through.

homeboy
Chronic TriniTuner

Postby homeboy » December 19th, 2009, 7:48 pm

livinloud12 wrote:PCS Nitrogen takes in operators yearly for permanent positions. They looking for 5 operators with experience right now. The salary is $5800 starting (trainee). Point blank you need to have family or know someone to pull you in.Try IPSL also $4500 starting.
Kenson had an add for a training programme (offshore).
World GTL expanding their plant. Need experienced operators. Starting from $13000 basic. (No benefits, pension, medical, etc). 0X

I think this tuner knows what he is taking about, no friend, no family = no work, and don't say yuh have ah friend u know but he don't know u....lol...i see it happen many times...lol.....

sMASH
TunerGod

Postby sMASH » December 19th, 2009, 8:14 pm

don't start no where without medical, either with the company or ur own medical.
next ting u now start and some 98% concentration acid spray up in ur face.
ops can be cool, when everything steady, sometimes it does smooth. when ting goin on, den it can become hectic

homeboy
Chronic TriniTuner

Postby homeboy » December 19th, 2009, 8:22 pm

tr1ad wrote:
SkettellGod wrote:
De Dragon wrote:
SkettellGod wrote:to attain a job as a process plant operator, you need to have at least 5 GCE/O level subjects inclusive of mathematics, english, chemistry and or physics.

You will also need a certificate in PPO,A Technician certificate in MEET, EEET, E&I, Mechanical or Instrumentation.

Salaries usually start at around7k and can go to probably around 40k depending on your qualifications, service, competencies etc.

It is better if you have at least a diploma if you have no experience. Depending on the facility you are employed on, be prepared to be on your feet for your entire 12 hr shift. (for the un fortunate ones or thr now comers :mrgreen: )

Whey dat?

x2........only managers will get in that range,

At national gas :mrgreen: thats where i am

u could fackin lie.....no one here in ops cept ops mgr getting that

sMASH
TunerGod

Postby sMASH » December 19th, 2009, 8:39 pm

^^ ops mgr isn't even in ops. salaries usually start around 4k, and go up. is ah wuk, just like any other wuk, it have its benefits and drawbacks, one of the biggest drawbacks for me is i cyar take on night shift so much again. benefit on the off days i doin computer tech, music, weldin, pullin bull, as sidelines. draw back is that they study callin u out to work on ur off days, but the benefit is when u see ur payslip.

the salaries vary from place to place, some places have high salaries, some places have high salaries as u move up, some places the progression up the ranks can be quick ( dependent on ur willingness to work and learn) ... different places different situations.

SNIPER 3000
Riding on 17's

Postby SNIPER 3000 » December 19th, 2009, 10:31 pm

I wonder how them old man does keep them self from sleeping on a night shift.
By 10pm they done sleeping :lol:

SkettellGod
I LUV THIS PLACE

Postby SkettellGod » December 19th, 2009, 11:22 pm

homeboy wrote:
tr1ad wrote:
SkettellGod wrote:
De Dragon wrote:
SkettellGod wrote:to attain a job as a process plant operator, you need to have at least 5 GCE/O level subjects inclusive of mathematics, english, chemistry and or physics.

You will also need a certificate in PPO,A Technician certificate in MEET, EEET, E&I, Mechanical or Instrumentation.

Salaries usually start at around7k and can go to probably around 40k depending on your qualifications, service, competencies etc.

It is better if you have at least a diploma if you have no experience. Depending on the facility you are employed on, be prepared to be on your feet for your entire 12 hr shift. (for the un fortunate ones or thr now comers :mrgreen: )

Whey dat?

Dude, what i stated here is a FACT, i have no reason to lie about it. As a junior operator i agree, you would be paid around 6k, but as you go up it varies alot.(what i stated here, is what is paid on the plant where i am working.)
Who else working ngc here? what dept.? i'm in beachfield.

SkettellGod
I LUV THIS PLACE

Postby SkettellGod » December 19th, 2009, 11:33 pm

Aaron 2NR wrote:
SNIPER 3000 wrote:You guys are working in some really old plants..........operator of the present donot leave the control room........maybe just for the first field read, or to buy doubles :lol:

like somebody living under a rock...

process plants always have operators doing field work outside....

Get your facts right! not ALL plants have ops personnel outside.
There are field operators and control room operators, so now, maybe you should Re think that "living under a rock" statement.

cincuanta
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby cincuanta » December 20th, 2009, 12:50 am

SNIPER 3000 wrote:I wonder how them old man does keep them self from sleeping on a night shift.

Dude you living inna dream world! Why you don't say which company you working in?? It have men here who old enuf to tell you that you talking sh!t allround and men old enuf to tell u that u will never see their salary (including mine) in 3 lifetimes. So be easy and show some respect.

Pls 5 figs pleh!

biggy82
3NE2NR Diesel Boyz

Postby biggy82 » December 20th, 2009, 1:44 am

SNIPER 3000 wrote:I wonder how them old man does keep them self from sleeping on a night shift.

yuh disrespectful bad young boi :roll:

and i earned my sleep eh......earn yours 8-)

SNIPER 3000
Riding on 17's

Postby SNIPER 3000 » December 20th, 2009, 8:26 am

I am just teasing you old farts cincuanta, how much you working for ?
Tell me so i can aim to towards it...you are my hero.......
Maybe one of you all can help me move out of this trainee salary.....3500 a month is just not cutting it :cry:

nutsman
Riding on 13's

Postby nutsman » December 20th, 2009, 11:50 am

mad wrote:Nutsman if u really want a PPO job then apply for it. Asking in this forum would not get u there. By the way if u planning to take a PPO job be prepared to word on days like Divali, Eid, Chrismas day, Old Years day and New Years Day. That is either daylight or night.

i no n dis forum i wud get it but im jus trying my luck

mad
Sweet on this forum

Postby mad » December 20th, 2009, 12:54 pm

:evilbat:
Last edited by mad on April 16th, 2023, 9:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

homeboy
Chronic TriniTuner

Postby homeboy » December 20th, 2009, 6:29 pm

SkettellGod wrote:
homeboy wrote:
tr1ad wrote:
SkettellGod wrote:
De Dragon wrote:

Whey dat?

Dude, what i stated here is a FACT, i have no reason to lie about it. As a junior operator i agree, you would be paid around 6k, but as you go up it varies alot.(what i stated here, is what is paid on the plant where i am working.)

Bro, note doubting you i personally know that there is money out there, i have worked in the industry and in the oilfield 12 years and i know who makes money and who does say they making money......i started working for 10k a month and i know that was BS for the job i did, u know what i was told i needed to go back to school to get more money because i only had my pleasantville school papers only and u know what i did, i left that job and took a chance on a job out of trinidad...now i working for 3 times the money that the same manager told me i needed to go back to school to get.......

SNIPER 3000
Riding on 17's

Postby SNIPER 3000 » December 20th, 2009, 6:48 pm

3 times the money

:faint:

De Dragon
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby De Dragon » December 20th, 2009, 8:29 pm

mad wrote:I kinda agree towards SNIPER 3000, there are some old school tactics that some OLD FARTS still practice, which we need to shun away from. I mean approaching a 124 barg relief valve and spraying it with water is outright dangerous. Depending on how old the metal is and the fatigue it went through, no one should approach that RV. And judging from the pressure i would assume it is a superheated high pressure line, between 6" to 8" in diameter. I myself have seen ,year old 4" line fail and welding failing on pieces of equipment. People in this era must learn to approach their work in a sensible, easier and safer manner. Because you have been treated badly in the early's doesn't mean you must treat others like that. Their are easier and safer ways to do things on a plant.
Our forefathers went through slavery and toil and sweat in the hot sun to please the British and the Spaniards I don't think anyone would want to go through what they endured in those times.
Fella, it designed to lift! If a weld is to fail, it will. This was in the early nineties when the thinking was different. Now the line is allowed to depressure and then the Plant is shutdown and the RV repaired/replaced. My point was, these lil' upstarts talk about danger and plenty work when in fact there is nothing like the work we did when we were Trainees/Tech 1's.

Damien
punchin NOS

Postby Damien » December 20th, 2009, 8:44 pm

operator or manager the title means sheit its all about the money ,i personally care bout the money the actual job is secondary

SkettellGod
I LUV THIS PLACE

Postby SkettellGod » December 20th, 2009, 11:45 pm

homeboy wrote:
SkettellGod wrote:
homeboy wrote:
tr1ad wrote:
SkettellGod wrote:
De Dragon wrote:

Whey dat?

Bro, note doubting you i personally know that there is money out there, i have worked in the industry and in the oilfield 12 years and i know who makes money and who does say they making money......i started working for 10k a month and i know that was BS for the job i did, u know what i was told i needed to go back to school to get more money because i only had my pleasantville school papers only and u know what i did, i left that job and took a chance on a job out of trinidad...now i working for 3 times the money that the same manager told me i needed to go back to school to get.......

lol that usually happens when the supress a good worker, link ah brother na

biggy82
3NE2NR Diesel Boyz

Postby biggy82 » December 21st, 2009, 1:47 am

De Dragon wrote:
mad wrote:I kinda agree towards SNIPER 3000, there are some old school tactics that some OLD FARTS still practice, which we need to shun away from. I mean approaching a 124 barg relief valve and spraying it with water is outright dangerous. Depending on how old the metal is and the fatigue it went through, no one should approach that RV. And judging from the pressure i would assume it is a superheated high pressure line, between 6" to 8" in diameter. I myself have seen ,year old 4" line fail and welding failing on pieces of equipment. People in this era must learn to approach their work in a sensible, easier and safer manner. Because you have been treated badly in the early's doesn't mean you must treat others like that. Their are easier and safer ways to do things on a plant.
Our forefathers went through slavery and toil and sweat in the hot sun to please the British and the Spaniards I don't think anyone would want to go through what they endured in those times.
Fella, it designed to lift! If a weld is to fail, it will. This was in the early nineties when the thinking was different. Now the line is allowed to depressure and then the Plant is shutdown and the RV repaired/replaced. My point was, these lil' upstarts talk about danger and plenty work when in fact there is nothing like the work we did when we were Trainees/Tech 1's.

preach brother, preach

B-TORF

Postby B-TORF » December 21st, 2009, 1:56 am

biggy82 wrote:
De Dragon wrote:

preach brother, preach

Yo Biggy,

I reading this thread and jus laughing at how our Industry has changed over the years.

Some of dese yutes really still don't have a f*^(ing clue!!!

biggy82
3NE2NR Diesel Boyz

Postby biggy82 » December 21st, 2009, 2:01 am

B-TORF wrote:
biggy82 wrote:
De Dragon wrote:

preach brother, preach

Yo Biggy,

I reading this thread and jus laughing at how our Industry has changed over the years.

Some of dese yutes really still don't have a f*^(ing clue!!!

ent....have a piece of paper frm UWI, UTT etc and wanna talk bout dem "study too long for dis hard wuk"

BS

BTW, how de desert treating yuh? :lol:

B-TORF

Postby B-TORF » December 21st, 2009, 2:07 am

Dread,

RASGAS commissioning their Train 6 this morning and have this whole Industrial Estate lit up hoss.

I say like they want to bun down their Flare. Flames over 80ft high.

You still in EG?

biggy82
3NE2NR Diesel Boyz

Postby biggy82 » December 21st, 2009, 2:17 am

yeah yeah....heat of a different nature here

Gas Turbine heat :lol:

B-TORF

Postby B-TORF » December 21st, 2009, 2:28 am

LOL!!!

We'll link up when I touch back home.

Maybe January or so......................... :lol: :lol:

Advertisement