TriniTuner 24-7

Re: The | US Embassy | Thread - no more interviews to renew US visas

Postby Dizzy28 » March 14th, 2019, 1:54 pm

Is that Texas on his forehead?

toyolink
3NE 2NR Power Seller

Postby toyolink » March 14th, 2019, 2:27 pm

This new service is a really positive development and has reduced the hassle level significantly.

SR
Chief Cook & Instigator

Postby SR » March 14th, 2019, 2:39 pm

Its actually been like that a little while now

shake d livin wake d dead
TunerGod

Postby shake d livin wake d dead » March 14th, 2019, 2:42 pm

just a faster way to deny people

pete
3NE 2NR Moderator

Postby pete » March 14th, 2019, 3:20 pm

Dizzy28 wrote:Is that Texas on his forehead?
Was probably recorded Ash Wednesday.

Gem_in_i
18 pounds of Boost

Postby Gem_in_i » March 14th, 2019, 3:48 pm

Was already like tht for people who had visa and was never denied. Now it is for everyone who had?

Kenjo
punchin NOS

Postby Kenjo » March 14th, 2019, 4:04 pm

Gem_in_i wrote:Was already like tht for people who had visa and was never denied. Now it is for everyone who had?

How recent was that ?

MaxPower
TriniTuner 24-7

The | US Embassy | Thread - no more interviews to renew US visas

Postby MaxPower » March 14th, 2019, 4:35 pm

shake d livin wake d dead wrote:just a faster way to deny people

Hahahahaha...thats for sure.

Duane 3NE 2NR
Admin

Postby Duane 3NE 2NR » March 14th, 2019, 5:30 pm

shake d livin wake d dead wrote:just a faster way to deny people

but this is for renewal, which means you already have it
might only deny if you abused it while you had it, overstayed, basically living there, crime etc

zoom rader
TunerGod

Postby zoom rader » March 14th, 2019, 5:49 pm

US full ah chit.

I know a guy that is single has no job limes on the block and bang he gets a 10 year visa. That was 2 years ago and he still has not travelled.

Then another guy I know permanent job, pull in 20k pet mnt , single, has an inherited house and he gets blank. This guy then took a European tour and looking to head back this year as he loved the places he visited.

What's the deal there

redmanjp
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby redmanjp » March 14th, 2019, 5:56 pm

zoom rader wrote:US full ah chit.

I know a guy that is single has no job limes on the block and bang he gets a 10 year visa. That was 2 years ago and he still has not travelled.

Then another guy I know permanent job, pull in 20k pet mnt , single, has an inherited house and he gets blank. This guy then took a European tour and looking to head back this year as he loved the places he visited.

What's the deal there

perhaps 2 different workers - first one democrat, second republican?

Gem_in_i
18 pounds of Boost

Postby Gem_in_i » March 14th, 2019, 8:18 pm

What's the deal there

Good for him. Once you visit Europe, the USA pales in comparison.

Gem_in_i
18 pounds of Boost

Postby Gem_in_i » March 14th, 2019, 8:20 pm

Kenjo wrote:
Gem_in_i wrote:Was already like tht for people who had visa and was never denied. Now it is for everyone who had?

How recent was that ?

Not recent. It was dropbox though.

paid_influencer
Trying to catch PATCH AND VEGA

Postby paid_influencer » March 14th, 2019, 9:44 pm

What's the deal there

I am convinced the interview process is more about embassy staff practicing interrogation tactics than it is about anything else. The interview process seems very subjective.

be aware of demographic features (age, being fresh out of school, being on a short-term contract, etc), working against you. be aware the burden of proof is on you to show ties and these people serious. you have a literally a minute to demonstrate "strong ties to t&t", so come prepared and ready to answer questions.

if you had a visa before and are an older person, you will generally get through. the interview is a formality that has recently been dropped for those persons.

younger people still going to have to deal with it. and yes, even if you get to skip the interview during application, they might still call you in to answer questions.

christopherwilliams2
Riding on 18's

Postby christopherwilliams2 » March 16th, 2019, 10:32 am

I have an appointment coming up this week. Want to get some advice or answers 2nr Community.

1. If you are approved, how long on average does it take for them to return your passport to you with the visa?

2. How long before the appointment should you arrive?

3. My last visa expired in 2005. I am now re-applying? renewing?

4. I'm going to the USA for a relative's graduation ceremony 1week stay...ticket purchased already (yes I know it is a risk) and I'm travelling with another relative (who already has a visa)......is showing the visa office the ticket with the arrival to the USA and departure from the USA a good thing?

5. Is it wise to make a lump sum deposit (let's say 5000) into my account a good thing or just leave whatever funds I have in my account as is with the statement print out showing the average (which ain't that much-2k)?

6. Same job teacher 15 years, married, 3-children, own-home...how helpful is this?

Kenjo
punchin NOS

Postby Kenjo » March 16th, 2019, 10:54 am

You sounding pretty stable but that bank account is the only suspect thing . I assume mortgage and such is why your bank account is so dry

zoom rader
TunerGod

Postby zoom rader » March 16th, 2019, 12:04 pm

christopherwilliams2 wrote:I have an appointment coming up this week. Want to get some advice or answers 2nr Community.

1. If you are approved, how long on average does it take for them to return your passport to you with the visa?

4. I'm going to the USA for a relative's graduation ceremony 1week stay...ticket purchased already (yes I know it is a risk) and I'm travelling with another relative (who already has a visa)......is showing the visa office the ticket with the arrival to the USA and departure from the USA a good thing?

5. Is it wise to make a lump sum deposit (let's say 5000) into my account a good thing or just leave whatever funds I have in my account as is with the statement print out showing the average (which ain't that much-2k)?

6. Same job teacher 15 years, married, 3-children, own-home...how helpful is this?
I don't know how the US operates, I knew ppl in your same circumstances and they got turned down. Then again there are ppl with far less than what you have and they got 10 years.

Do hope you get it, let us know what was the outcome

christopherwilliams2
Riding on 18's

Postby christopherwilliams2 » March 16th, 2019, 12:04 pm

zoom rader wrote:
christopherwilliams2 wrote:I have an appointment coming up this week. Want to get some advice or answers 2nr Community.

I don't know how the US operates, I knew ppl in your same circumstances and they got turned down. Then again there are ppl with far less than what you have and they got 10 years.

Do hope you get it, let us know what was the outcome

Ok cool.

rebound
Riding on 17's

Postby rebound » March 16th, 2019, 1:30 pm

A 5000k lumpsum deposit would not help now, the bank statement shows an average over 6 months..

Dizzy28
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Dizzy28 » March 16th, 2019, 1:47 pm

Once approved you get the passport back pretty fast. Two working days and thing.

christopherwilliams2
Riding on 18's

Postby christopherwilliams2 » March 16th, 2019, 2:10 pm

Ok thanks.. I had a feeling this might have been the case.

rebound wrote:

A 5000k lumpsum deposit would not help now, the bank statement shows an average over 6 months..

christopherwilliams2
Riding on 18's

Postby christopherwilliams2 » March 16th, 2019, 2:13 pm

Dizzy28 wrote:Once approved you get the passport back pretty fast. Two working days and thing.

hmmm...good....i will let you know how it went.

Skanky
I LUV THIS PLACE

Postby Skanky » March 16th, 2019, 4:39 pm

A guy I know recently renewed and got a 25 year Visa. Didn't even know such a thing existed.
Doesn't own a house, single, no children,late 20s and making around 20 a month.
No clue what criteria they use to evaluate your suitability.

Kenjo
punchin NOS

Postby Kenjo » March 16th, 2019, 5:29 pm

Skanky wrote:A guy I know recently renewed and got a 25 year Visa. Didn't even know such a thing existed.
Doesn't own a house, single, no children,late 20s and making around 20 a month.
No clue what criteria they use to evaluate your suitability.

Lol 25 years ! I would ask him to send a pic yes.

paid_influencer
Trying to catch PATCH AND VEGA

Postby paid_influencer » March 16th, 2019, 8:01 pm

B1/B2 is maximum 10 years. You will get the maximum your ties qualify you or 10 years, whichever is shorter.

if you demonstrate ties only by showing an employment contract expiring in 5 years time, you will get until the last date of your contract. if you demonstrate ties only by showing enrollment in a university degree, you will get up till the date you graduate. if you can show them detailed plans or confirmed employment after you graduate, you can get more.

if you carry your deed showing you own your house, you can qualify for the 10 years. same if you can show very stable future employment (even if it is low pay work, like a fisherman or market vendor).

if you show them nothing or just a bank account (liquid cash), you will get blank. liquid cash just shows you can afford the trip, it does not demonstrate ties.

the burden is on the applicant to show the ties.

Gladiator
punchin NOS

Postby Gladiator » March 16th, 2019, 8:17 pm

paid_influencer wrote:B1/B2 is maximum 10 years. You will get the maximum your ties qualify you or 10 years, whichever is shorter.

if you demonstrate ties only by showing an employment contract expiring in 5 years time, you will get until the last date of your contract. if you demonstrate ties only by showing enrollment in a university degree, you will get up till the date you graduate. if you can show them detailed plans or confirmed employment after you graduate, you can get more.

if you carry your deed showing you own your house, you can qualify for the 10 years. same if you can show very stable future employment (even if it is low pay work, like a fisherman or market vendor).

if you show them nothing or just a bank account (liquid cash), you will get blank. liquid cash just shows you can afford the trip, it does not demonstrate ties.

the burden is on the applicant to show the ties.
LOL...@ fisherman or market vendor...they making more money than most daily.

l33t2
Chronic TriniTuner

Postby l33t2 » March 16th, 2019, 9:02 pm

What about ties to another country? Like if you're a Canadian resident?

ruffrider27
Riding on 16's

Postby ruffrider27 » March 17th, 2019, 10:02 am

l33t2 wrote:What about ties to another country? Like if you're a Canadian resident?

i'm a PR of Canada ,had a 10 years b1 visa expired now never over stayed ,anytime i cross the border driving, rainbow bridge they give me a visitor record valid for 6 months in my trini passport ,a white piece a paper stapled ,never did the USA CBP officer ask me to renew my B1 visa, deny entry or even secondary screening but he told me if you "returned to Canada and plan to visit within the 6 months next time i have to give up the visitor record at the Canada border returning " the visitor record cost $6US , don't know if this is new to Trinidadian PR holders that had B1 visa's .

Fiddy
Ricer

Postby Fiddy » March 26th, 2019, 12:02 pm

Hi everyone,
My wife, son and I are going for our Visas soon. My wife and I are both 31 and we are owners of a registered business (I'm in the business full time while my wife is here part time and still has her 8-4 job). We have savings, loans, credit cards, vehicles in our names, however, we do not own our own property. My wife has never had a Visa but I have had one and travelled twice in my teens (never overstayed, no problems with the law, etc.). Our son is 6 years old and we both have family in the US who are there legally (siblings, cousins, etc.). Both of our parents have travelled to the US numerous times and have had no problems with the law except for her dad who got a ticket for public urination. What are our chances of being successful? TIA.

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”