Forums

*** THE OFFICIAL HOME THEATER & AUDIO THREAD**

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

Chiney
3NE 2NR Power Seller

Re: *** THE OFFICIAL HOME THEATER & AUDIO THREAD**

Postby Chiney » July 1st, 2015, 4:20 pm

and there you go, u realize these are dedicated HT rooms... being that large, the single sub will be heard distinctly in a certain position, using stereo or more than one sub will evenly fill the room.

meccalli
punchin NOS

Postby meccalli » July 1st, 2015, 6:35 pm

It really depends on placement, and each one has it's drawbacks when considering the mains in relation to the sub placement. Personally, when placed in 1/8 space in a tri corner, the bass is practically omnidirectional at particular points of a room in addition to enhancing output greatly (walled horn effect). It causes the room modes to really light up, this can be good or bad depending on your situation. The benefits of using multiple subs are in its taming of those resonances in the room as well as matching cross points with the placement of your mains to facilitate proper time augmentation of the two without being 'off'. Mine is in the corner and it sounds good, so i'm happy lol.

Chiney
3NE 2NR Power Seller

Postby Chiney » July 1st, 2015, 6:46 pm

^^ lol, i see what u did there :)

Soundstream_626
Riding on 17's

Postby Soundstream_626 » July 2nd, 2015, 5:58 pm

Initially when I hooked up the crown to the receiver, the signal was very weak. The -40dbu light barely lit up. I really didn`t assume it to be that bad so I ended up buying a Behringer microphono preamp for 25us from amazon.... well boy... I cant turn the gain on the crown past 1/4 now. It is destroying my house.

So, if anyone is looking for a cheap but effective solution, I highly recommend the Behringer unit.

Humes
Shifting into 6th

Postby Humes » July 3rd, 2015, 10:00 am

Where can I get a good articulating wall mount? Price Smart has this one for a little less than $1k, but I figure some of you might know somewhere else I can check for a better deal.

Considering simply ordering this one from Amazon. Even with shipping, that should cost less than the one at Price Smart.

RapToR
punchin NOS
Location: Wholesaler & Reseller --- FREE Delivery<--Almost Anywhere!

Postby RapToR » July 3rd, 2015, 11:18 am

Humes wrote:Where can I get a good articulating wall mount? Price Smart has this one for a little less than $1k, but I figure some of you might know somewhere else I can check for a better deal.

Considering simply ordering this one from Amazon. Even with shipping, that should cost less than the one at Price Smart.

http://www.amazon.com/VideoSecu-ML531BE ... T683E4KTH0

$400

trinigamer
Trinituner Peong

Postby trinigamer » July 3rd, 2015, 11:39 am

You could try PRW in El Socorro, they had some last time I was there

Humes
Shifting into 6th

Postby Humes » July 3rd, 2015, 12:36 pm

RapToR wrote:
Humes wrote:Where can I get a good articulating wall mount? Price Smart has this one for a little less than $1k, but I figure some of you might know somewhere else I can check for a better deal.

http://www.amazon.com/VideoSecu-ML531BE ... T683E4KTH0

$400

In stock? If so, I will PM.

lancer3
Sweet on this forum

Postby lancer3 » July 4th, 2015, 7:15 pm

Just got myself this sub about 2wks now. will give a review when i play around with it a little more.
Attachments
1436051478925.jpg

carluva
Shifting into 6th

Postby carluva » July 4th, 2015, 8:59 pm

What sub is that?

Chiney
3NE 2NR Power Seller

Postby Chiney » July 5th, 2015, 8:45 am

More toys!!! :))

Morpheus
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Morpheus » July 5th, 2015, 11:37 am

^^Niceness. Review when completed :razz:

Chiney
3NE 2NR Power Seller

Postby Chiney » July 5th, 2015, 11:45 am

That will be end of July.. Honeymoon in 1 week :)

lancer3
Sweet on this forum

Postby lancer3 » July 6th, 2015, 3:11 pm

carluva wrote:What sub is that?

Its a svs pb-1000.

Anybody here using svs products.

Morpheus
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Morpheus » July 6th, 2015, 4:44 pm

Chiney wrote:That will be end of July.. Honeymoon in 1 week :)

Oooh. Congrats man. ATB

Duane 3NE 2NR
Admin

Postby Duane 3NE 2NR » July 6th, 2015, 7:34 pm

lancer3 wrote:
carluva wrote:What sub is that?

Its a svs pb-1000.

Anybody here using svs products.
nice sub!!!

Morpheus
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Morpheus » July 6th, 2015, 8:21 pm

I think you guys mentioned it before. But where locally has stuff like this selling again?

Chiney
3NE 2NR Power Seller

Postby Chiney » July 10th, 2015, 3:39 pm

Decided to go with the Image Dynamics IDMAX 15" D2 sub.

Check the specs online.

X_Factor
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby X_Factor » July 10th, 2015, 3:49 pm

well you will surely need an amp with more power
xls 1000 or 1500

Chiney
3NE 2NR Power Seller

Postby Chiney » July 10th, 2015, 6:55 pm

Nope. The amp will do just fine for my application... U do know how efficient the ID subs are right?
If it was strictly music I may have considered that. Also...later on if the bash500 price reduces i may grab one.

X_Factor
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby X_Factor » July 10th, 2015, 7:22 pm

Yup, I have the IDv3 and IDQ and its efficiency is about the same as the SI HT sub i use
I think the bash would actually work for music since music bass is not as demanding as ht bass unless its those refixed tracks

Certain movies are loaded with subsonics and when those start to hit too little power will mean higher gain setting and easier to clip and whats the point if you hadda start backing down?

Interstellar, twister, U517 and a couple of those si-fi alien invasion movies and cartoons will beat the hell out of the sub

ne how post pics of the finish product

Chiney
3NE 2NR Power Seller

Postby Chiney » July 10th, 2015, 7:31 pm

The box is 2.5cuft and will be tuned to 24hz. It is like that to maintain tightness and still extend pretty

Soundstream_626
Riding on 17's

Postby Soundstream_626 » July 11th, 2015, 11:04 am

When you`re finished with it, watch Justice League: The Flashpoint Paradox and report back.

Duane 3NE 2NR
Admin

Postby Duane 3NE 2NR » July 12th, 2015, 1:48 am

^will check that

U517 is crazy with the LFE!

hoverauto
Sweet on this forum

Postby hoverauto » July 16th, 2015, 10:35 am

Now I know this doesn't really fit into full home theater systems, but I'm looking for a good pair of headphones (wired or wireless) for me to use with my tv at night. My bro just had a baby and I don't want to wake her up when I'm gaming or watching movies.

I was going to buy a random Beats headphones from the Apple Store in west mall, but I figured I'd ask you guys for your recommendations.

X_Factor
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby X_Factor » July 16th, 2015, 11:00 am

in that case the headphones will be on ur ears for a couple hrs so you have to know what you are comfortable with --on ear, over ear, in ear etc
for me--after about 30 mins with an on the ear type is pain and i must take it off

If ur cool with the wired type get one of those headphone amp as well, they are quite cheap

There are many good brands and headphones available online so just do some research before u buy

Duane 3NE 2NR
Admin

Postby Duane 3NE 2NR » July 16th, 2015, 11:07 am

hoverauto wrote:Now I know this doesn't really fit into full home theater systems, but I'm looking for a good pair of headphones (wired or wireless) for me to use with my tv at night. My bro just had a baby and I don't want to wake her up when I'm gaming or watching movies.

I was going to buy a random Beats headphones from the Apple Store in west mall, but I figured I'd ask you guys for your recommendations.
there is a headphones thread you can check also
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=450764

as X_Factor said above it depends on your preference. In ear headphones hurt me after a while, so i use on ear or better yet over ear.

If you have a Roku 3, you can plug the headphones into the remote and control the volume from there too, instead of having a long cable to the TV.

hoverauto
Sweet on this forum

Postby hoverauto » July 16th, 2015, 11:53 am

Duane 3NE 2NR wrote:
hoverauto wrote:Now I know this doesn't really fit into full home theater systems, but I'm looking for a good pair of headphones (wired or wireless) for me to use with my tv at night. My bro just had a baby and I don't want to wake her up when I'm gaming or watching movies.

there is a headphones thread you can check also
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=450764

as X_Factor said above it depends on your preference. In ear headphones hurt me after a while, so i use on ear or better yet over ear.

If you have a Roku 3, you can plug the headphones into the remote and control the volume from there too, instead of having a long cable to the TV.

Thanks man, didn't realize there was a headphones thread, did a search and didn't find anything. Yep, I don't like in ear headphones, looking for something over the ears. Oh and unfortunately I don't have a Roku, lol.

hoverauto
Sweet on this forum

Postby hoverauto » July 16th, 2015, 11:54 am

X_Factor wrote:in that case the headphones will be on ur ears for a couple hrs so you have to know what you are comfortable with --on ear, over ear, in ear etc
for me--after about 30 mins with an on the ear type is pain and i must take it off

If ur cool with the wired type get one of those headphone amp as well, they are quite cheap

There are many good brands and headphones available online so just do some research before u buy

Didn't think about the headphone amp, I'll have a look at those. Is that really necessary when you're plugging straight into the TV?

Electronic Interiors Ltd
Street 2NR

Postby Electronic Interiors Ltd » July 16th, 2015, 6:03 pm

For long hours of gaming or tv I would recommend over ear headphones as on-ear and in-ear tend to get a little uncomfortable.

You can take a look at some of the headphones available from Bowers & Wilkins.

Currently we have P3 , P5 & P7 in stock.

All Bowers & Wilkins headphones come with carrying cases and replaceable cords.

Here is a review of the Bowers & Wilkins P7 headphone from Karim Khan :
Karim Khan wrote:As you guys know I travel often . The most boring part is waiting at the airport and the airplane ride.

Just recently I picked up the Bowers and Wilkins P7 headphone to keep me from not getting board out of my mind.

The sound quality on this headphones is totally amazing with rich bass smooth highs and realistic reproduction of both male and female voices. I've owned lots of high end head phones but in my opinion P7's blows the competition away .

The build quality is also amazing . Just one look at it and you know this is a quality item. Rich leather and brushed aluminum gives you that elegant look that stands out from the crowed at any airport or even on the airplane.

Paired with a headphone stand , this also makes a nice center piece in your library or music room . I hired a high end wood worker to make a custom stand as seen bellow ;

When traveling I use the premium leather case that fits nicely in my carry on and does not take up to much space. The over ear headphones keeps out the noise. On my recent flight to Fort Lauderdale I got a seat next to a mom and toddler and well I don't have to say the rest . I just popped on my P7 and played my favorite tunes and I did not even hear the crying baby next to me.

To this end , if your an audiophile or just looking for a nice pair of headphones I will recommend you give the Bowers and Wilkens P7 a try.
ImageUploadedByTriniTuner1434941293.425864.jpg

For more info you can visit the Bowers & Wilkins site :
http://www.bowers-wilkins.com/Headphone ... range.html

Or our Facebook page :
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Electron ... =bookmarks

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”