Forums

*** THE OFFICIAL HOME THEATER & AUDIO THREAD**

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

carluva
Shifting into 6th

Re: *** THE OFFICIAL HOME THEATER & AUDIO THREAD**

Postby carluva » March 25th, 2015, 6:25 am

simplejack wrote:you guys recommend buying a TV online and shipping it down or buying locally? If locally, I heard people knocking pricesmart tvs and courts? Looking for a 40-50inch budget tv around $5000

What's wrong with the TVs being sold at courts and pricesmart? Why r they being knocked?

X_Factor
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby X_Factor » March 25th, 2015, 7:19 am

I THINK pricemart offers better warranties than most other local companies
and the main damage to tv's, receivers etc is bad, fluctuating power so make sure and get a decent voltage regulator/line conditioner and that you may have to ship in yourself

Chimera
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Chimera » March 25th, 2015, 7:34 am

Courts warranty is great tho. Pay the extra for the 3 year extended warranty and yuh good to go

Electronic Interiors Ltd
Street 2NR

Postby Electronic Interiors Ltd » March 25th, 2015, 9:38 am

X_Factor wrote:I THINK pricemart offers better warranties than most other local companies
and the main damage to tv's, receivers etc is bad, fluctuating power so make sure and get a decent voltage regulator/line conditioner and that you may have to ship in yourself

No need to "ship in " decent power protection products as Panamax is available from us locally with warranty and support.

For Tv's the Panamax MD2 & MD2C are great solutions for power protection and Noise Filtration, and are just 1.5" in depth so it will fit easily behind most TV's

Panamax uses there Protect or Disconnect Technology which - In the event of a catastrophic surge such as lightning, it completely disconnects AC power to connected equipment.

As well as provides clean power by filtering out noise common to household power.

More info can be found on our Facebook page :

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Electron ... 77?fref=nf

carluva
Shifting into 6th

Postby carluva » March 25th, 2015, 8:11 pm

Electronic Interiors Ltd wrote:
X_Factor wrote:I THINK pricemart offers better warranties than most other local companies

No need to "ship in " decent power protection products as Panamax is available from us locally with warranty and support.

For Tv's the Panamax MD2 & MD2C are great solutions for power protection and Noise Filtration, and are just 1.5" in depth so it will fit easily behind most TV's

Panamax uses there Protect or Disconnect Technology which - In the event of a catastrophic surge such as lightning, it completely disconnects AC power to connected equipment.

As well as provides clean power by filtering out noise common to household power.

Do you also honour the panamax warranty as offered by the manufacturer I.e. The warranty that covers equipment replacement in the event that a panamax does not offer the desired power protection under fault conditions?

carluva
Shifting into 6th

Postby carluva » March 25th, 2015, 9:13 pm

Anyone having problems logging on to Netflix now? On the ipad it just sticks at the Netflix loading screen and on the bluray player I am getting a message that the service is unavailable.

Morpheus
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Morpheus » March 25th, 2015, 9:19 pm

Just checked on phone. No problems here

Duane 3NE 2NR
Admin

Postby Duane 3NE 2NR » March 25th, 2015, 10:06 pm

+1 on Panamax

I have a M5400-PM in the living room that I bought in 2009 and a MR5100 in the office that I bought this year.

Highly recommend it.

Great service from the local dealer Electronic Interiors Ltd

Electronic Interiors Ltd
Street 2NR

Postby Electronic Interiors Ltd » March 26th, 2015, 11:51 am

carluva wrote:
Electronic Interiors Ltd wrote:

Do you also honour the panamax warranty as offered by the manufacturer I.e. The warranty that covers equipment replacement in the event that a panamax does not offer the desired power protection under fault conditions?

Panamax does not offer there "Connected Equipment Warranty" outside of the U.S or Canada.

However I do support all other warranties on Panamax products. Please note the A/V Components (MR4000, MR4300, MR5100, etc.) will need to be returned to Panamax for there approval of warranty. Once approved, replacement units will be provided.

16 cycles
3ne2nr Toppa Toppa

Postby 16 cycles » March 26th, 2015, 12:36 pm

Furman offered as well?

Electronic Interiors Ltd
Street 2NR

Postby Electronic Interiors Ltd » March 26th, 2015, 12:38 pm

Sorry I am not authorized Furman.

mamoo_pagal
I LUV THIS PLACE

Postby mamoo_pagal » April 2nd, 2015, 10:59 pm

dose anyone know where can I get an optical cable more than 15ft in trinidad?

carluva
Shifting into 6th

Postby carluva » April 3rd, 2015, 10:51 am

Have you checked radioshack? I bought a 6' cable there last year.

Duane 3NE 2NR
Admin

Postby Duane 3NE 2NR » April 3rd, 2015, 11:16 am

mamoo_pagal wrote:dose anyone know where can I get an optical cable more than 15ft in trinidad?
yup RadioShack had long Auvio optical cables a while back

I'm curious why you'd need an optical cable that long. What are you connecting?

mamoo_pagal
I LUV THIS PLACE

Postby mamoo_pagal » April 5th, 2015, 10:44 am

carluva wrote:Have you checked radioshack? I bought a 6' cable there last year.

I am only getting 6'. I need at least 15ft! It is for a little project I am working on, anyone knows where I can check?

Gladiator
punchin NOS

Postby Gladiator » April 5th, 2015, 11:59 am

mamoo_pagal wrote:
carluva wrote:Have you checked radioshack? I bought a 6' cable there last year.

I am only getting 6'. I need at least 15ft! It is for a little project I am working on, anyone knows where I can check?

Ebay --> Skybox

wheelbarrow
Riding on 17's

Postby wheelbarrow » April 12th, 2015, 6:12 pm

Gentlemen,

I'm going to be buying the equipment for the home network soon and I'm looking for suggestions.

I'm wiring Cat 5e to all the rooms of the house. With 6 drops in the media room.
After much Googling I believe that I will place my router, network switch and patch panel in here.
I have a Asus RT-56U router now which has the ability to plug in an external hard drive so that I can download my movies directly to it. I really want to take advantage of this as now I plug in a laptop directly to the TV I want to watch movies on.

The initial plan is to have Roku's (or a better suggestion) on the bedroom and living room TVs and have game consoles in the media room. I will use these to pull the movies off the hard drive.

In the future I will put a HTPC in the media room but I'm good with the consoles and movies on the hard drive for now.

Any recommendations?
Any cool home networks in here?

pete
3NE 2NR Moderator

Postby pete » April 12th, 2015, 8:04 pm

With that router why do you really need to run wires?

wheelbarrow
Riding on 17's

Postby wheelbarrow » April 12th, 2015, 8:29 pm

I want fast data transfer. Only things gonna be on wifi is mobile devices.
I used to be wifi only. But I ran a wire to my current setup and the performance boost is amazing.

Duane 3NE 2NR
Admin

Postby Duane 3NE 2NR » April 12th, 2015, 10:09 pm

^ it shouldn't matter for streaming. Only matters if you are copying files

I'm using two Apple Airport Extreme routers, one for the home theater in the living room and the other in my home office where I have another smaller home theater setup

I have them connected to each other via a wire, but I am getting gigabit wifi from them to the 802.11 a/c devices which is theoretically as fast or faster than wired gigabit (1300 Mbps shown here).

I still opted to connect my AppleTV and Roku 3's to them via a wired connection but i could run HD video and HD audio over them via wifi with no problems.

The newer models to your ASUS router supports 802.11 a/c, whereas your model only supports up to 802.11 n.

That is still fine for lossless HD streaming (netflix and other internet HD streaming is not lossless)

In fact the slowest thing with your setup is probably the USB 2.0 port on the router that you connected your external drive since theoretically that can only transfer a MAX of 480 Mbps and probably isn't transferring anywhere near that.

55 Mbps is all that is needed for even the most data filled mkv file with 1080p video and HD audio codecs like DTS HD and Dolby TrueHD found on blurays, which even 802.11 g handles, but at its MAX.

I use PLEX media server on the iMac and stream 1080p MKV files over wifi to the router that is wired to the Roku 3. The network barely even notices that.

wheelbarrow
Riding on 17's

Postby wheelbarrow » April 12th, 2015, 10:33 pm

Good info about there Duane.

Currently I have 20 devices on wifi and 2 wired. No problems streaming really. On the new network it should be down to 6 wifi and 10 wired.

Really wanna decide on what model switch to plug in all those drops.

I also wanna do a camera system (in the future) that I can some how use an input or feed so that I can see all the cameras on all the TVs...
That's more drops to plug into the switch again...

Duane 3NE 2NR
Admin

Postby Duane 3NE 2NR » April 12th, 2015, 11:17 pm

wheelbarrow wrote:Really wanna decide on what model switch to plug in all those drops.

I also wanna do a camera system (in the future) that I can some how use an input or feed so that I can see all the cameras on all the TVs...
That's more drops to plug into the switch again...
the home theater in the living room I use a 8 port metal Netgear gigabit switch and a 5 port in the home office. You may need more ports than that but those Netgear unmanaged switches have been a simple case of "turn on and forget". They always work, going in 5 years now.

wheelbarrow
Riding on 17's

Postby wheelbarrow » April 12th, 2015, 11:22 pm

I could do a 8 port switch for the home theater and another for the rest of the house.

Duane 3NE 2NR
Admin

Postby Duane 3NE 2NR » April 12th, 2015, 11:43 pm

NETGEAR ProSAFE GS108 8-Port Gigabit Desktop Switch (GS108-400NAS)
http://www.amazon.com/NETGEAR-ProSAFE-G ... 00MPVR50A/

wheelbarrow
Riding on 17's

Postby wheelbarrow » April 12th, 2015, 11:52 pm

Thanks Duane

Redman
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Redman » April 20th, 2015, 11:31 am

Duane 3NE 2NR wrote:
Redman wrote:ok
Im using a Denon 1801
Ive lost the remote..and I would like to borrow a remote from any one so that I can program a universal remote with the functions I want.

Any help would be appreciated
which universal remote you have?

the Logitech Harmony can download all the controls from the net just by entering the device model number, from receivers and tv's to aircondition units and window blinds.

As it turns out I was able to select the optical input with the universal remote.

When SETTING up the receiver you select the input that is coming through the optical inputs...once set its permanent.

Turns out reading the manual actually helps -who would have thunk it??? :drinking: :lol:

So now I need to properly tune and place the surround speakers-which are all in front due to laziness.
Im going back to see the earlier posts but would welcome any advice here.

Duane 3NE 2NR
Admin

Postby Duane 3NE 2NR » April 20th, 2015, 11:42 am

Redman wrote:
Duane 3NE 2NR wrote:
Redman wrote:ok
Im using a Denon 1801
Ive lost the remote..and I would like to borrow a remote from any one so that I can program a universal remote with the functions I want.

Any help would be appreciated
which universal remote you have?

the Logitech Harmony can download all the controls from the net just by entering the device model number, from receivers and tv's to aircondition units and window blinds.

As it turns out I was able to select the optical input with the universal remote.

When SETTING up the receiver you select the input that is coming through the optical inputs...once set its permanent.

Turns out reading the manual actually helps -who would have thunk it??? :drinking: :lol:
RTFM!

glad to hear

Redman wrote:So now I need to properly tune and place the surround speakers-which are all in front due to laziness.
Im going back to see the earlier posts but would welcome any advice here.
check for speaker placement here
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=281327&p=6440624&hilit=THX#p6440624

http://www.thx.com/consumer/home-entert ... er-set-up/

good rule of thumb:
the tweeter on the front left and right should be at the height of your ear when you are sitting.
the tweeter on the surround left and right should be at the height of your ear when you are standing.
the center channel ideally should be at the middle of the screen but then it would block your view! so place it directly above or below the TV but point towards the height of your ear when you are sitting.

Morpheus
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Morpheus » April 20th, 2015, 11:48 am

LoL RTFM.....

Morpheus
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Morpheus » April 29th, 2015, 7:37 pm

Thinking about building a powered sub. Nice lil project...

Anyone ever tried?

Soundstream_626
Riding on 17's

Postby Soundstream_626 » April 29th, 2015, 7:48 pm

Currently rebuilding my HT sub. The driver is a RE XXX 12inch. This model :

The box will be 3 cubic feet tuned to 25hz. Modeling the response shows -3db at 22hz and -6db at 16hz. Room gain is usually 6db give or take, so flat to 16hz ain`t too shabby.

Its currently being tickled by a BASH 300 plate amp, but in a few months I`m getting either a Crown xls1000 or Behringer inuke3000dsp to power it. The BASH will be for sale.

What do you have in mind for your project?

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”