TriniTuner.com  |  Latest Event:  

Forums

Flow Internet Thread

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

rafman
Street 2NR
Posts: 36
Joined: August 29th, 2007, 1:42 pm

Flow Internet Thread

Postby rafman » December 1st, 2010, 9:59 pm

If you have a Moca Modem setup (new flow avs tv service persons will know) follow this to use your own router with it and have an open NAT for your cameras, xbox, etc.
viewtopic.php?p=8902768#p8902768

--------------
START OF OP
--------------

Anyone experiencing super slow speeds (10kB/s) with Flow internet with p2p downloads such as torrents?

http seems fine though, I'm getting 3-5 megabits per second usually.

Advertisement
User avatar
Duane 3NE 2NR
Admin
Posts: 16092
Joined: March 24th, 2003, 10:27 am
Location: T&T
Contact:

Re: Flow throttling P2P?

Postby Duane 3NE 2NR » December 1st, 2010, 10:03 pm

rafman wrote:Anyone experiencing super slow speeds (10kB/s) with Flow internet with p2p downloads such as torrents?

http seems fine though, I'm getting 3-5 megabits per second usually.

piracy is illegal

rafman
Street 2NR
Posts: 36
Joined: August 29th, 2007, 1:42 pm

Re: Flow throttling P2P?

Postby rafman » December 1st, 2010, 10:08 pm

Not all torrents contain pirated stuff.

The torrent I am testing is actually an Ubuntu release, because it has a high seed to leech ratio, pretty much making it a direct download.

Yet, I'm still getting super slow speeds, I'm on a direct conecction.

User avatar
Mark!
Trying to catch PATCH AND VEGA
Posts: 6516
Joined: March 6th, 2009, 6:19 pm
Location: Old Trafford

Re: Flow throttling P2P?

Postby Mark! » December 1st, 2010, 10:09 pm

Image

User avatar
Duane 3NE 2NR
Admin
Posts: 16092
Joined: March 24th, 2003, 10:27 am
Location: T&T
Contact:

Re: Flow throttling P2P?

Postby Duane 3NE 2NR » December 1st, 2010, 10:15 pm

rafman wrote:Not all torrents contain pirated stuff.

The torrent I am testing is actually an Ubuntu release, because it has a high seed to leech ratio, pretty much making it a direct download.

Yet, I'm still getting super slow speeds, I'm on a direct conecction.
You can download it off of www.ubuntu.com and you can use Free Download Manager (http://www.freedownloadmanager.org/) to do the download.

I just downloaded Ubuntu 10.10 from their website with FDM in about 4 minutes.

rafman
Street 2NR
Posts: 36
Joined: August 29th, 2007, 1:42 pm

Re: Flow throttling P2P?

Postby rafman » December 1st, 2010, 10:19 pm

Actually I've already downloaded and installed 10.10, I got around 600 kB/s. Can't remember if it was ftp or http.

But I brought up the Ubuntu torrent in reference to my problems.

User avatar
Duane 3NE 2NR
Admin
Posts: 16092
Joined: March 24th, 2003, 10:27 am
Location: T&T
Contact:

Re: Flow throttling P2P?

Postby Duane 3NE 2NR » December 1st, 2010, 10:23 pm

rafman wrote:Actually I've already downloaded and installed 10.10, I got around 600 kB/s. Can't remember if it was ftp or http.

But I brought up the Ubuntu torrent in reference to my problems.
so what are you trying to download via torrent?

K74T
TriniTuner 24-7
Posts: 13958
Joined: June 7th, 2010, 11:01 pm

Re: Flow throttling P2P?

Postby K74T » December 1st, 2010, 10:25 pm

stev wrote:...piracy is not a crime...just a way for the poor man to have nice things too...lol

rafman
Street 2NR
Posts: 36
Joined: August 29th, 2007, 1:42 pm

Re: Flow throttling P2P?

Postby rafman » December 1st, 2010, 10:26 pm

Music, videos, etc.

My 1 megabit Blink connection is faster than Flow.

User avatar
Duane 3NE 2NR
Admin
Posts: 16092
Joined: March 24th, 2003, 10:27 am
Location: T&T
Contact:

Re: Flow throttling P2P?

Postby Duane 3NE 2NR » December 1st, 2010, 10:34 pm

rafman wrote:Music, videos, etc.
sounds like pirated stuff

User avatar
MasterShake
3NE 2NR for life
Posts: 151
Joined: March 21st, 2007, 10:00 pm
Location: chaguanas
Contact:

Re: Flow throttling P2P?

Postby MasterShake » December 1st, 2010, 10:37 pm

call jack sparrow tmr...he go be on chaguanas main road selling pirate cds

User avatar
gastly369
Trying to catch PATCH AND VEGA
Posts: 6181
Joined: May 15th, 2009, 4:40 pm
Location: trinidad
Contact:

Re: Flow throttling P2P?

Postby gastly369 » December 1st, 2010, 10:37 pm

rafman wrote:Flow throttling P2P?


yes they do ... 6 friends got flow and they do it to them...

i got blink no probs 8-) 8-)

User avatar
Bizzare
TriniTuner 24-7
Posts: 10951
Joined: June 2nd, 2010, 12:26 pm
Location: I'm in it

Re: Flow throttling P2P?

Postby Bizzare » December 1st, 2010, 11:05 pm

Duane 3NE 2NR wrote:
rafman wrote:Anyone experiencing super slow speeds (10kB/s) with Flow internet with p2p downloads such as torrents?

http seems fine though, I'm getting 3-5 megabits per second usually.

piracy is illegal


So Duane 3NE 2NR, You don't obtain media illegally? Jus asking..... cuz I know that still won't make it legal

User avatar
Duane 3NE 2NR
Admin
Posts: 16092
Joined: March 24th, 2003, 10:27 am
Location: T&T
Contact:

Re: Flow throttling P2P?

Postby Duane 3NE 2NR » December 1st, 2010, 11:12 pm

^ no it wont

I buy blurays etc btw, support the creators

User avatar
Stephon.
TriniTuner 24-7
Posts: 10283
Joined: October 10th, 2009, 4:50 pm

Re: Flow throttling P2P?

Postby Stephon. » December 1st, 2010, 11:45 pm

Downloaded Saw I - VI the other day and it took no more than 3 hrs. Via torrent. 26gb 720p bluray on flow.

User avatar
Trini Hookah
TriniTuner 24-7
Posts: 15766
Joined: August 4th, 2009, 5:13 am
Location: Look at my post count, my post count is amazing.
Contact:

Re: Flow throttling P2P?

Postby Trini Hookah » December 1st, 2010, 11:51 pm

Stephon. wrote:Downloaded Saw I - VI the other day and it took no more than 3 hrs. Via torrent. 26gb 720p bluray on flow.

ZOMG! you're alive?!? :shock: :shock:

welcome back meng 8-)

User avatar
nareshseep
punchin NOS
Posts: 3316
Joined: June 29th, 2007, 12:41 pm
Location: down town

Re: Flow throttling P2P?

Postby nareshseep » December 2nd, 2010, 12:05 am

^^ you have been added to the list now!!

User avatar
Stephon.
TriniTuner 24-7
Posts: 10283
Joined: October 10th, 2009, 4:50 pm

Re: Flow throttling P2P?

Postby Stephon. » December 2nd, 2010, 12:13 am

vrampersad14 wrote:
Stephon. wrote:Downloaded Saw I - VI the other day and it took no more than 3 hrs. Via torrent. 26gb 720p bluray on flow.

ZOMG! you're alive?!? :shock: :shock:

welcome back meng 8-)

0X 0X

nareshseep wrote:^^ you have been added to the list now!!

orly

User avatar
Bizzare
TriniTuner 24-7
Posts: 10951
Joined: June 2nd, 2010, 12:26 pm
Location: I'm in it

Re: Flow throttling P2P?

Postby Bizzare » December 2nd, 2010, 12:14 am

Duane 3NE 2NR wrote:^ no it wont

I buy blurays etc btw, support the creators



I agree..... But there must have been a point in life when you relied on the "freeness" or just couldn't resist it (theres no excuse for the latter but.. :( ). I usually download Music then decide whether I'm buying the album or not. I don't see that as piracy. Same with blue rays. Of course not the blu ray version, but if the standard version of the movie's great I'll go get an original copy blu ray or not. Of course your in a position to purchase original media. If I couldn't obtain software without it costing me back then, I wouldn't have reached anywhere in life and would not even have 1/10 of the knowledge I have today..... Now that I can afford it, I'll buy it. But for the younger folks (not that I'm old).... piracy is inevitable...

AND YES I STILL DOWNLOAD PIRATED MEDIA
Last edited by Bizzare on December 2nd, 2010, 12:20 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Swisha
Chronic 2NR
Posts: 4260
Joined: May 2nd, 2003, 12:20 am
Location: T&T

Re: Flow throttling P2P?

Postby Swisha » December 2nd, 2010, 12:18 am

some real holier than thou ppl up in this thread yes :roll:

User avatar
Duane 3NE 2NR
Admin
Posts: 16092
Joined: March 24th, 2003, 10:27 am
Location: T&T
Contact:

Re: Flow throttling P2P?

Postby Duane 3NE 2NR » December 2nd, 2010, 12:27 am

^ the point I was making is that if they throttle illegal activity you cannot get vex

User avatar
metalgear2095
Shifting into 6th
Posts: 1992
Joined: December 6th, 2004, 1:18 pm
Location: Outside

Re: Flow throttling P2P?

Postby metalgear2095 » December 2nd, 2010, 12:32 am

Duane 3NE 2NR wrote:^ the point I was making is that if they throttle illegal activity you cannot get vex

piracy is wrong. i probably wont stop till someone in trinidad gets in trouble. i do it all the time and i am vex but at the end of the day it is wrong cant do anything about the throttling except go blink

User avatar
Bizzare
TriniTuner 24-7
Posts: 10951
Joined: June 2nd, 2010, 12:26 pm
Location: I'm in it

Re: Flow throttling P2P?

Postby Bizzare » December 2nd, 2010, 12:48 am

yea well daz life.... I have flow and no problems here... :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
....so far..

User avatar
Stephon.
TriniTuner 24-7
Posts: 10283
Joined: October 10th, 2009, 4:50 pm

Re: Flow throttling P2P?

Postby Stephon. » December 2nd, 2010, 1:00 am

Bizzare wrote:yea well daz life.... I have flow and no problems here... :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
....so far..

0X

metalgear2095 wrote:
Duane 3NE 2NR wrote:^ the point I was making is that if they throttle illegal activity you cannot get vex

piracy is wrong. i probably wont stop till someone in trinidad gets in trouble. i do it all the time and i am vex but at the end of the day it is wrong cant do anything about the throttling except go blink
The most people can do is try to reduce how easy it is to get pirated goods. But piracy will never die. It's far from death in our 3rd world country anyways.

I don't pirate stuff worth buying though.

User avatar
brickman
Riding on 18's
Posts: 1831
Joined: February 2nd, 2010, 10:08 am
Location: In a happy place

Re: Flow throttling P2P?

Postby brickman » December 2nd, 2010, 1:03 am

Remember few years ago when i used to sell pirate dvds in town,this christian woman wanted to buy a dora dvd from us but her godly friend literally dragged her away from our place yelling "dont buy that its a sin,god will punish you,buy the original!"She came back & bought it next day lol :) :)

User avatar
zcarz
3ne2nr Toppa Toppa
Posts: 5132
Joined: August 26th, 2009, 12:51 am
Location: United Kingdom

Re: Flow throttling P2P?

Postby zcarz » December 2nd, 2010, 1:08 am

Duane 3NE 2NR wrote:
rafman wrote:Actually I've already downloaded and installed 10.10, I got around 600 kB/s. Can't remember if it was ftp or http.

But I brought up the Ubuntu torrent in reference to my problems.
so what are you trying to download via torrent?

OOOH OOH BUSTED!!

M_2NR
not Admin
Posts: 7214
Joined: December 18th, 2008, 9:46 pm

Re: Flow throttling P2P?

Postby M_2NR » December 2nd, 2010, 1:15 am

Duane 3NE 2NR wrote:
rafman wrote:Not all torrents contain pirated stuff.

The torrent I am testing is actually an Ubuntu release, because it has a high seed to leech ratio, pretty much making it a direct download.

Yet, I'm still getting super slow speeds, I'm on a direct conecction.
You can download it off of http://www.ubuntu.com and you can use Free Download Manager (http://www.freedownloadmanager.org/) to do the download.

I just downloaded Ubuntu 10.10 from their website with FDM in about 4 minutes.

PUDDIPUDDIPUDDIPUDDIPUDDIPUDDIPUDDIPUDDIPUDDIPUDDIPUDDIPUDDIPUDDIPUDDIPUDDIPUDDIPUDDIPUDDIPUDDIPUDDIPUDDIPUDDIPUDDIPUDDIPUDDIPUDDIPUDDIPUDDIPUDDIPUDDIPUDDIPUDDIPUDDIPUDDIPUDDIPUDDIPUDDIPUDDIPUDDIPUDDIPUDDIPUDDIPUDDIPUDDIPUDDIPUDDIPUDDIPUDDIPUDDIPUDDIPUDDIPUDDI

wait.. this isnt 4chan.. is it...

carry on 8)

oh and duane just showing off his speed... :|

wrt to your lameass torrent speed, PM ShivIaM if i remember and ask him to find the post... there was one b4... yuh know what...

User avatar
zcarz
3ne2nr Toppa Toppa
Posts: 5132
Joined: August 26th, 2009, 12:51 am
Location: United Kingdom

Re: Flow throttling P2P?

Postby zcarz » December 2nd, 2010, 1:33 am

Stephon. wrote:Downloaded Saw I - VI the other day and it took no more than 3 hrs. Via torrent. 26gb 720p bluray on flow.

ay look, stephon.. yo dude

User avatar
CL9_EURO
Street 2NR
Posts: 77
Joined: September 15th, 2005, 10:31 am
Contact:

Re: Flow throttling P2P?

Postby CL9_EURO » December 2nd, 2010, 4:48 am

I'm on flow just finished downloading a torrent at 2.8MB...
Maybe i should stay quiet before my connection gets throttled :P
but again it depends on the seeders and their connection speed as well.

User avatar
Mudboy
3NE2NR is my LIFE
Posts: 758
Joined: March 25th, 2005, 7:25 am
Location: Fixing the 280zx

Re: Flow throttling P2P?

Postby Mudboy » December 2nd, 2010, 5:03 am

Duane 3NE 2NR wrote:
rafman wrote:Anyone experiencing super slow speeds (10kB/s) with Flow internet with p2p downloads such as torrents?

http seems fine though, I'm getting 3-5 megabits per second usually.

piracy is illegal


then give back Robbie Williams his haircut.....

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: tian108, toyolink and 20 guests