TriniTuner.com  |  Latest Event:  

Forums

What the Best Split level AC Units...Carrier LG, Panasonic?

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

skylinechild
3ne2nr Toppa Toppa

Re: What the Best Split level AC Units...Carrier LG, Panasonic?

Postby skylinechild » December 20th, 2018, 2:54 am

shogun wrote:Hey nerve, what's the average price to have a full unit refurbishment?

ay ay... get in line.... me first.....

he hadda come take off both indoor and out door pieces...fix it...an bring it bk and install it...

DEN is you.... :lol: :lol:

nervewrecker
3NE 2NR Power Seller

Postby nervewrecker » December 20th, 2018, 3:07 am

shogun wrote:Hey nerve, what's the average price to have a full unit refurbishment?
Most times it not feasible to do it.
In instances where replacing it is expensive I look at refurbishing.
Classic example:
Working on some for scantech offshore. They are r22 systems with long runs of copper in the walls. I will need to either replace the lines or flush them if I installing a 410a system as the oils are different. In an instance like that it makes sense to flush the lines and fix whatever little rust spots the condenser has while it in for repairs instead of replacing it completely. The compressor had failed catastrophically so I flushed the entire system and installed a new one.
Coils were in great condition l, just a few rust spots so I prime it with epoxy primer after giving it some rust treatment.
In instances where there is a hole or a part rotted out bad I can replace it with fiberglass.
Most back to back domestic it makes more sense to just replace it.
Chiney own is a window unit, there arent much of that around and I think is a 9000btu. So even less of those around.

nervewrecker
3NE 2NR Power Seller

Postby nervewrecker » December 20th, 2018, 3:08 am

Have two more from scantech working on right now.

*$kїđž!™
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby *$kїđž!™ » December 20th, 2018, 9:28 pm

Thanks for the repair buddy
Very professional guys and they didnt mind when i asked them to remove their shoes to enter..lol...wifey orders....as she finished mopping already

Very safe tuner.....

Will be my new ac guys from now on
nervewrecker wrote:Dem boys fix up two tuners today.
Neil kool lost some customers proper.

nervewrecker
3NE 2NR Power Seller

Postby nervewrecker » December 20th, 2018, 9:33 pm

De hell dey going with shoes?
Usually they go with a disposable covering over it.
Will look into it. Unless they forgot it home.

*$kїđž!™
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby *$kїđž!™ » December 20th, 2018, 11:39 pm

nervewrecker wrote:De hell dey going with shoes?
Usually they go with a disposable covering over it.
Will look into it. Unless they forgot it home.

nervewrecker
3NE 2NR Power Seller

Postby nervewrecker » December 21st, 2018, 8:36 pm

Spoke with him earlier, said he was asked to take off the shoes before he took it off. So you kinda beat him to it :lol:
Had me wondering when did they start being unprofessional? :oops: :drinking:

They does move with disposable covers for shoes when they in people house and have to be inside and outside.

*$kїđž!™
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby *$kїđž!™ » December 22nd, 2018, 7:35 am

Its no worries man..
They were professional in their duties....

nervewrecker
3NE 2NR Power Seller

Postby nervewrecker » December 22nd, 2018, 8:15 pm

Some repair work I doing for a company.
Doing it on the house do as to prevent replacing it. Not an easy job to replace and I get a lot of work from the said company ImageImageImageImage

EFFECTIC DESIGNS
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby EFFECTIC DESIGNS » December 29th, 2018, 4:54 pm

I regret ever buying an AC from Niel Kool, right now the AC is making way too cold on 25 degrees but on 26 the compressor won't even come on.

Its a New Delta also my padner from freeport has a Daikin dunno who he bought it from but he has the exact same issue.

What on earth could be the issue here? I talk to a man from climate control who is a supervisor and he even more clueless. Is like nobody in the world can figure this out

How I wish I did just buy from Nervewrecker in the first place

Its a 12K BTU in a room that is 10x8 feet and 10 feet high.

nervewrecker
3NE 2NR Power Seller

Postby nervewrecker » December 29th, 2018, 9:02 pm

Well, ah hear a talk, may not explain your situation because is a delta you have.
but I cant post this here.

EFFECTIC DESIGNS
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby EFFECTIC DESIGNS » January 1st, 2019, 11:50 am

I message them on facebook and let them know this problem happening since the first day they installed it, they said they will send somebody to check it. Hopefully they do and they fix whatever the issue is, maybe a faulty thermostat.

But you know I just have a gut feeling they gonna come and say all is fine but we go see.

There is no reason 25 should be freezing cold to the point where it unbearable then just so a few hours later it hot as fck. The issue is the Compressor keeps running even when it reach all the way down to 19 degrees even tho its set to 25 or 24

Update sometimes not all the time but sometimes its also freezing on 30 degrees. My guess either something wrong with the contactor or thermostat

maj. tom
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby maj. tom » January 1st, 2019, 12:57 pm

Buy an accurate thermometer and place it under the unit to monitor the actual room temperature and compare what the unit's thermostat would be registering. Set the unit on auto cool. If the thermometer drops between 0.5 and 0.8 °C below the set unit temp then the compressor would come on.

If the inside temp is equal to or higher than the outside temperature, it's not going to turn on. It will maintain the room temperature at what its set at. 24°C is a good temp to leave it at on auto because these nights drop to about 25°C by 1am. I used to set my unit at 26 and it was fine in the summer months, but now that doesn't work for the winter months. I monitor the temperatures with an accurate digital thermometer coupled with a wireless monitor outdoors. Solved that issue with a little scientific method testing.

If you have actually done all these experiments and understood the zeroth law of thermodynamics, then you could bother the people about a non functioning unit.

adnj
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby adnj » January 1st, 2019, 1:42 pm

maj. tom wrote:Buy an accurate thermometer and place it under the unit to monitor the actual room temperature and compare what the unit's thermostat would be registering. Set the unit on auto cool. If the thermometer drops between 0.5 and 0.8 °C below the set unit temp then the compressor would come on.

If the inside temp is equal to or higher than the outside temperature, it's not going to turn on. It will maintain the room temperature at what its set at. 24°C is a good temp to leave it at on auto because these nights drop to about 25°C by 1am. I used to set my unit at 26 and it was fine in the summer months, but now that doesn't work for the winter months. I monitor the temperatures with an accurate digital thermometer coupled with a wireless monitor outdoors. Solved that issue with a little scientific method testing.

If you have actually done all these experiments and understood the zeroth law of thermodynamics, then you could bother the people about a non functioning unit.

I believe that what is correct is that the AC compressor will power on if the sensed room temperature is above the set temperature and power off if it is below.

The amount of hysteresis will vary among manufacturers and even individual units so the power on/off temperature swing may or may not be less that 1°C. 2°C is quite common.

nervewrecker
3NE 2NR Power Seller

Postby nervewrecker » January 1st, 2019, 11:21 pm

It depends on where in the room you taking the temp. Some zones seem to be dead zones for air flow so it will feel warmer.
The sensors have a 1 degree difference..
Cools to one degree below set point and comes.on at 1 degree above.
Sensor reads recirculating air temp. That may be different from what certain parts of the room are.

INHUMAN
Riding on 18's

Postby INHUMAN » January 15th, 2019, 5:40 pm

Didn't know coleman had branded ac's. Sticker brand much? ...as lennox seems to be the most expensive of the bunch various installers carry.

nervewrecker
3NE 2NR Power Seller

Postby nervewrecker » January 16th, 2019, 8:39 pm

Nope, gree, Toshiba, trane etc are more expensive.
You get what you pay for.

dredman1
Riding on 18's

Postby dredman1 » January 20th, 2019, 9:43 am

Who are the agents/distributors that sell Toshiba inverter units?

EFFECTIC DESIGNS
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby EFFECTIC DESIGNS » January 20th, 2019, 3:29 pm

ok finally found out the problem and it is as I clearly expected, the unit has a faulty thermostat.

Neil Kool said they sending a senior tech tomorrow to replace it, how do I know this is the case? well besides Vernon saying that the thermostat is the problem "He is the top AC teacher in the country btw" I also noticed that even at 30 degrees C sometimes the compressor refuses to turn off.

So my padner Daikin which has this same issue also has a faulty thermostat. It seems a bunch of brand new units coming into the country have this factory defect.

nervewrecker
3NE 2NR Power Seller

Postby nervewrecker » January 20th, 2019, 10:20 pm

dredman1 wrote:Who are the agents/distributors that sell Toshiba inverter units?

Clamens and associates.

Dont mind the price, you get what you pay for.

nervewrecker
3NE 2NR Power Seller

Postby nervewrecker » January 20th, 2019, 10:23 pm

EFFECTIC DESIGNS wrote:ok finally found out the problem and it is as I clearly expected, the unit has a faulty thermostat.

Neil Kool said they sending a senior tech tomorrow to replace it, how do I know this is the case? well besides Vernon saying that the thermostat is the problem "He is the top AC teacher in the country btw" I also noticed that even at 30 degrees C sometimes the compressor refuses to turn off.

So my padner Daikin which has this same issue also has a faulty thermostat. It seems a bunch of brand new units coming into the country have this factory defect.

I cant say if is the thermostat, the board takes a feedback from the resistance value of it. can be a problem as simple as the pins having a bit of corrosion on them.

You not the first person to complain about neil kool btw, as of late a lot of people are. but say what, marketing works.

RedVEVO
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby RedVEVO » January 20th, 2019, 11:11 pm

Lennox is the BEST.

Made in USA .

RedVEVO approved .

EFFECTIC DESIGNS
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby EFFECTIC DESIGNS » January 21st, 2019, 9:22 pm

In future I am buying an LG unit. I had one in the past and it was excellent
Last edited by EFFECTIC DESIGNS on January 22nd, 2019, 6:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

nervewrecker
3NE 2NR Power Seller

Postby nervewrecker » January 21st, 2019, 9:39 pm

So happens a guy from barrackpore said he have a 410a compressor he can give us.
When we reach he have a R22 condenser and a R22 compressor. Insist we buy it and use it. Said R22 can work in 410A systems, no need to flush it (because they both carry different oils). Also said that when you vacuume it pulls out the old oil. Says he has 34 years in the business and showed us projects he on.
Man making a killing and dont know jack sh!t.

You cannot mix the two because one carries polyester oil and the other, mineral. They are not drop in replacements, they have different sized capillary tubes allowing for different refrigerant flows and 410a system operating pressures are almost double that of R22.

So when you choosing your technician, choose one who knows his stuff and not by the project eh does.

I took my guy by servair and purchased a new compressor. Always good service from Sonny, Daniel and the guys there.

dredman1
Riding on 18's

Postby dredman1 » January 22nd, 2019, 10:01 pm

nervewrecker wrote:
dredman1 wrote:Who are the agents/distributors that sell Toshiba inverter units?

Clamens and associates.

Dont mind the price, you get what you pay for.

Thanks

EFFECTIC DESIGNS
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby EFFECTIC DESIGNS » January 22nd, 2019, 10:05 pm

Well good news, Neil Kool was useless because of their lack of knowledge and science when it comes to Air Conditioning / Refrigeration.

Thankfully Nervewrecker, myself and his friend Henry a true Veteran in the business solved the issue with my AC using science and experience. This was a far cry from when Neil said they were sending a senior AC tech and when the man come I had to teach him about basic physics and tell him what to do and how to fix my AC. And offcourse their senior tech left while giving me wrong info and my AC still not working properly just imagine that.......

Anyways thanks again for the connections Nerve you hook me up with some bess people yourself included I am eternally grateful to finally get this thing fixed. And it was free where as Neil wanted to charge me $200 labor for changing the board even tho nothing was wrong with the board "not his fault tho, he had no idea what was wrong and was just trying to help me by trying to see if a new board would solve the issue. To Neil's credit he did try his best to sort me out AFTER I had to prove to him that I was right and the room temp was colder than the AC temp using a thermometer, the main issue is their AC techs, these fellas are clueless when it comes to diagnosing and repairing any AC. This issue isn't exclusive to them by any means, this is a common problem in Trinidad where most AC fellas only train to install units.

Also nerve showed me how to turn the AC into Fahrenheit to fine tune the temp which has now solved my problem close to 100% it will not be as perfect as older units but its damn near close enough which is what I wanted.

EFFECTIC DESIGNS
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby EFFECTIC DESIGNS » January 22nd, 2019, 10:41 pm

RedVEVO wrote:Lennox is the BEST.

Made in USA .

RedVEVO approved .

Depends on which Lennox, not all made in USA the Lennox that comes with Heat pumps are made in USA those are the very expensive ones, the others are made by GREE in China.

adnj
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby adnj » January 23rd, 2019, 8:33 am

nervewrecker wrote:So happens a guy from barrackpore said he have a 410a compressor he can give us.
When we reach he have a R22 condenser and a R22 compressor. Insist we buy it and use it. Said R22 can work in 410A systems, no need to flush it (because they both carry different oils). Also said that when you vacuume it pulls out the old oil. Says he has 34 years in the business and showed us projects he on.
Man making a killing and dont know jack sh!t.

You cannot mix the two because one carries polyester oil and the other, mineral. They are not drop in replacements, they have different sized capillary tubes allowing for different refrigerant flows and 410a system operating pressures are almost double that of R22.

So when you choosing your technician, choose one who knows his stuff and not by the project eh does.

I took my guy by servair and purchased a new compressor. Always good service from Sonny, Daniel and the guys there.
Though I agree that the vapor pressures require that the cond and comp match intent, there are hybrid polyolester lubricants that allow for use where mineral oil is present without flushing.

nervewrecker
3NE 2NR Power Seller

Postby nervewrecker » January 23rd, 2019, 10:10 am

We talking a normal mini split.

RedVEVO
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby RedVEVO » January 27th, 2019, 3:17 am

EFFECTIC DESIGNS wrote:
RedVEVO wrote:Lennox is the BEST.

Made in USA .

RedVEVO approved .

Depends on which Lennox, not all made in USA the Lennox that comes with Heat pumps are made in USA those are the very expensive ones, the others are made by GREE in China.

Lennox from USA

Buy with one eye shut ..

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”