TriniTuner.com  |  Latest Event:  

Forums

What the Best Split level AC Units...Carrier LG, Panasonic?

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

nervewrecker
3NE 2NR Power Seller

Re: What the Best Split level AC Units...Carrier LG, Panasonic?

Postby nervewrecker » May 27th, 2019, 7:47 am

A lot of people keep asking about the inverter technology and what is it about? Are there trained technicians that know about them and can work on them?

Well first off, lets talk about electricity. We have single phase 110 / 220 V AC 60 Hz at home. Electricity is transmitted at high-voltage in what they call 3 phase. Its basically 3 live wires where each is the return for the other as you need two wires to complete a circuit. They are 120 degrees apart so any two mixed up is a direct short circuit. It’s a way devolved by Nikola Tesla among some others for power transmission where we use 50% more infrastructure to transmit 3 times the amount of power.

Industries and places that are energy intensive use 3 phase devices because of the power output required. The machinery are 3 times more powerful so you consume less power to do the same work 3 single phase devices would have.
So what does this all have to do with inverter technology? Well for one, they have 3 phase compressors. The one in these pics use a 160 V 180Hz Toshiba compressor, yes, 160 V AC. These compressors have a smaller form factor as they are way more powerful than the traditional split phase induction type motors.
Because of the sheer power output they can easily vary their speed under load and by doing so vary the flow of the refrigerant through the metering device.

The condenser driver board takes single phase 220V AC at 60 Hz converts it to DC (rectification) and 3 separate waves of varying voltage and frequency all 120 degrees apart to control the speed of the motor that drives the compressor. In this way we have already started saving on electricity because we now have a powerful motor that has to exert less effort to do the same job as a traditional single phase split phase induction type motor.
We keep hearing people saying they are inverter type because they have DC compressors and this in not true. They have inverter technology where they invert DC to AC and part of the system is in fact DC. The condenser fan motor operates in excess of 300 V DC and that’s one DC component.
So how does one save on electricity on these otherwise? Well they do not run at one speed and have no inrush high current draw like conventional comps. They rely on a series of sensors that measure parameters like compressor discharge temperature, coil temperature, ambient air temperature, in door temperature and set temperature to adjust the speed of the compressor to vary the refrigerant flow to match the heat load in the room and keep it at that set point. They also change speed of the condenser fan based on how much effort needs to be put in to heat dissipation, it is a heat exchange system after all.

These motors are what they call soft start / reduced current start type meaning they start at a low rotation and ramp up to operating speed. As the motors start they ramp up to the necessary speed but also slow down as set point is reached and also decrease the load on the motor and by extension, the energy consumption.
These are just some aspects of the inverter technology in hope the public understand more about them and that there are technician’s able to work on them. This album contains information on a system, an Innovair 18000 BTU (one line we carry), that was scrapped down to apply our anti corrosion coating (ask about it). It also shows our sheer knowledge on the system because if we can scrap down one till its bare and put it back together it should say something.

Any further question on the technology, our anti-corrosion and extended warranty, products and services can be obtained by messenger (this page) or whatsapp / call 373 1095.
Thanks for reading.

https://www.facebook.com/ParsotanAC/pos ... __tn__=K-R

pugboy
TunerGod

Postby pugboy » May 27th, 2019, 8:01 am

Excellent article, removing/reducing hard stop/starts is also what uses plenty current on water pumps.
Smartheads try to solve that problem but they does all bun out.

adnj
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby adnj » May 27th, 2019, 8:04 am

dredman1 wrote:^^^Thats what I was trying to find out.

If its too much of a risk I wont try it myself. Thanks again for the info and heads up.

And blitz83, its not just saving the money. Its also the convenience of having it done on your own time and the satisfaction of doing it yourself and knowing its done properly.

Obviously if I cant do it myself I’ll call in an expert and not risk damage to the unit or injury to myself.
If your A/C electrical supply was installed properly, you will have an isolator with a switch, or an outlet to disconnect the unit or both. Switch off your supply and unplug your unit.

There is no shock hazard in an inverter A/C except from the capacitors on the inverter board and the motor starter. That's about the same shock hazard as a welder or water pump.

nervewrecker
3NE 2NR Power Seller

Postby nervewrecker » May 27th, 2019, 8:58 pm

adnj wrote:
dredman1 wrote:^^^Thats what I was trying to find out.

If its too much of a risk I wont try it myself. Thanks again for the info and heads up.

And blitz83, its not just saving the money. Its also the convenience of having it done on your own time and the satisfaction of doing it yourself and knowing its done properly.

Obviously if I cant do it myself I’ll call in an expert and not risk damage to the unit or injury to myself.
If your A/C electrical supply was installed properly, you will have an isolator with a switch, or an outlet to disconnect the unit or both. Switch off your supply and unplug your unit.

There is no shock hazard in an inverter A/C except from the capacitors on the inverter board and the motor starter. That's about the same shock hazard as a welder or water pump.

You missed one thing. I included it in the writeup, see if you pick up on it.

carluva
Shifting into 6th

Postby carluva » May 27th, 2019, 10:27 pm

Nice writeup. But the inverter units are single phase that is rectified and inverted back to a three phase supply for the compressor? I did not know that. I knew voltage and frequency could be manipulated but didn't know that it was three phase.

scabs
Trinituner Peong

Postby scabs » June 5th, 2019, 7:20 pm

Any reviews on the rheem ac units pricesmart carrying atm.?

rspann
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby rspann » June 5th, 2019, 7:56 pm

Lennox 12000 and 18000 for $2700 and $3700 is good price?

Bosse
Street 2NR

Postby Bosse » June 5th, 2019, 9:23 pm

Guys my evaporator keeps icing up, each time I have to turn it off for a while and then put it back on.

Any idea what can cause this?

Oh! And sometimes when I switch the unit off the evaporator turns off but the condenser keeps working

nervewrecker
3NE 2NR Power Seller

Postby nervewrecker » June 5th, 2019, 11:55 pm

Bosse wrote:Guys my evaporator keeps icing up, each time I have to turn it off for a while and then put it back on.

Any idea what can cause this?

Oh! And sometimes when I switch the unit off the evaporator turns off but the condenser keeps working

Sounds like you need to gimme a call, $250.00 and lifetime warranty with it.

https://www.facebook.com/ParsotanAC/

What brand though? So I can know the exact part to walk with.

rspann wrote:Lennox 12000 and 18000 for $2700 and $3700 is good price?

Depends on who installing it. Professionally done, yes.
If is an install like a Neil Kool install, not in any lifetime.
Also, take into consideration aftersales service, half of them dont know thier ass to their elbow.

scabs wrote:Any reviews on the rheem ac units pricesmart carrying atm.?

They killing the brand. You get no brackets or trunking. Customer service is horrid and their techs dont seem to know their ass to their elbow. I approached them already to be their installer, they had not a clue what I was talking about. The 12 and 18 look good, the 24....I donno nah. Can take a pic of my gree 24000 btu and you can go measure the Rheem and tell me wtf is that?
Rheem commercial units on the other hand, yes I can get my sticky fingers on them as well as Rudd.

nervewrecker
3NE 2NR Power Seller

Postby nervewrecker » July 2nd, 2019, 11:01 pm

Why buy from reputable sellers?
Because there are dishonest people out here.
This is not an inverter. Came with the badge and respective packaging.
Its not a mix up or a mistake either. An inverter type evaporator cannot work without the respective condenser. It carries a board in each and both communicate with each other ensuring parameters are within operating range before allowing it to power up.ImageImageImage

matix
Shifting into 6th

Postby matix » July 3rd, 2019, 12:23 am

^^^ what brand is that if you don’t mind me asking?

nervewrecker
3NE 2NR Power Seller

Postby nervewrecker » July 3rd, 2019, 6:31 am

Lennox

nervewrecker
3NE 2NR Power Seller

Postby nervewrecker » July 3rd, 2019, 7:36 am

And this is not limited to lennox. First instance I know of it.

I knew of samsung. The customer told me my price too high, they getting a Samsung for less than half the price. Hope they happy with their purchase.

matix
Shifting into 6th

What the Best Split level AC Units...Carrier LG, Panasonic?

Postby matix » July 3rd, 2019, 8:47 am

Damn, well unethical business practices seem to be the norm now. Recently did some electrical work for a client and her ‘trustworthy’ ac guy came to install a unit for her living room. I did my usual Isolator on the outside knowing it’s either a 24,000 or 36,000 unit that’s coming based on the client-AC Tech consultation. Homeboy reach to install and I’m checking out the AC, it’s branded AUX, so I’m checking out the box it came in and can clearly see the information tag cut out. When installed the inside blower part measures about 30 inches. I’m assuming that isn’t a 24 or 36. It also isn’t cooling the area and Mr. AC man convince the client that the room needs a couple ceiling fans to circulate the air
And on my lack of macoing skills I believe she paid $5,200.

nervewrecker
3NE 2NR Power Seller

Postby nervewrecker » July 3rd, 2019, 9:01 am

matix wrote:Damn, well unethical business practices seem to be the norm now. Recently did some electrical work for a client and her ‘trustworthy’ ac guy came to install a unit for her living room. I did my usual Isolator on the outside knowing it’s either a 24,000 or 36,000 unit that’s coming based on the client-AC Tech consultation. Homeboy reach to install and I’m checking out the AC, it’s branded AUX, so I’m checking out the box it came in and can clearly see the information tag cut out. When installed the inside blower part measures about 30 inches. I’m assuming that isn’t a 24 or 36. It also isn’t cooling the area and Mr. AC man convince the client that the room needs a couple ceiling fans to circulate the air
Seems its an 18000 btu hence he removed the tag. The AUX units are reputable unuts and very well built. I had purchased one with the intention of installing it but changed plans. Sold it cheap to a pardner and found it to be a very well built unit.
The 24 evap is approx 40" wide iirc.
The 18000 btu is approx 30".
And that price is pure wickedness. Why didnt you recommend me to her :mrgreen:
That unit will also have no warranty being undersized for the room.

triniringo
3NE 2NR for life

Postby triniringo » July 3rd, 2019, 9:03 am

Main board

matix
Shifting into 6th

Postby matix » July 3rd, 2019, 9:23 am

nervewrecker wrote:
matix wrote:Damn, well unethical business practices seem to be the norm now. Recently did some electrical work for a client and her ‘trustworthy’ ac guy came to install a unit for her living room. I did my usual Isolator on the outside knowing it’s either a 24,000 or 36,000 unit that’s coming based on the client-AC Tech consultation. Homeboy reach to install and I’m checking out the AC, it’s branded AUX, so I’m checking out the box it came in and can clearly see the information tag cut out. When installed the inside blower part measures about 30 inches. I’m assuming that isn’t a 24 or 36. It also isn’t cooling the area and Mr. AC man convince the client that the room needs a couple ceiling fans to circulate the air
Seems its an 18000 btu hence he removed the tag. The AUX units are reputable unuts and very well built. I had purchased one with the intention of installing it but changed plans. Sold it cheap to a pardner and found it to be a very well built unit.
The 24 evap is approx 40" wide iirc.
The 18000 btu is approx 30".
And that price is pure wickedness. Why didnt you recommend me to her :mrgreen:
That unit will also have no warranty being undersized for the room.

Sometimes it’s very difficult to convince a customer to change their regular contractors. I recommend you to anyone who is interested and appreciate properly done work. Fear not

triniringo
3NE 2NR for life

Postby triniringo » September 9th, 2019, 5:23 pm

Lennox 36000 btu compressor gone after 6 years

nervewrecker
3NE 2NR Power Seller

Postby nervewrecker » September 9th, 2019, 9:41 pm

triniringo wrote:Lennox 36000 btu compressor gone after 6 years

gree compressor or sanyo?

have some knockoffs with sanyo compressors.

I am expecting to see a lot of compressor failure in the near future with this heat, people constantly putting ac on 17 degrees C and people not servicing on time.

Mind you, right now AC units are starting to take in heat. They are no longer dissipating heat depending on location. Dealership phones are blowing up with calls like these and putting a bigger unit won't solve the issue.

Rota fan
Street 2NR

Postby Rota fan » September 9th, 2019, 10:36 pm

So ammmm. What is the best split units on the market nowadays? Value for money?

nick639v2
30 pounds of Boost

Postby nick639v2 » September 11th, 2019, 1:44 pm

Rota fan wrote:So ammmm. What is the best split units on the market nowadays? Value for money?
Basically any you could afford and service regularly.

nervewrecker
3NE 2NR Power Seller

Postby nervewrecker » September 11th, 2019, 8:02 pm

nick639v2 wrote:
Rota fan wrote:So ammmm. What is the best split units on the market nowadays? Value for money?

I will have to agree to a point.

Most are the same more or less with minor differences. The prices vary by maybe a $100. 00 or $150.00 in cost. The cheaper units proving themselves because once installed properly, sized properly and maintained properly they hold up.

These days I tend to favour the gree because it has the biggest condenser and maybe the quietest.
Next is the carrier.

nick639v2
30 pounds of Boost

Postby nick639v2 » September 11th, 2019, 8:07 pm

Nerve any chemicals are used by you or your team when washing blower wheels and condenser coils??? I see some men with purple blast and then the horrid coil cleaner...

I will have a 2 12k and 2 36k units for you guys to service up soon

nervewrecker
3NE 2NR Power Seller

Postby nervewrecker » September 11th, 2019, 8:34 pm

nick639v2 wrote:Nerve any chemicals are used by you or your team when washing blower wheels and condenser coils??? I see some men with purple blast and then the horrid coil cleaner...

I will have a 2 12k and 2 36k units for you guys to service up soon

I always use water alone or a solution that I mixed for this stuff. I also use it to wash my hands and face so you use it does no damage to your ac.

Rota fan
Street 2NR

Postby Rota fan » September 11th, 2019, 10:28 pm

nervewrecker wrote:
nick639v2 wrote:

I will have to agree to a point.

Most are the same more or less with minor differences. The prices vary by maybe a $100. 00 or $150.00 in cost. The cheaper units proving themselves because once installed properly, sized properly and maintained properly they hold up.

These days I tend to favour the gree because it has the biggest condenser and maybe the quietest.
Next is the carrier.

Nice. Thanks for the response

nick639v2
30 pounds of Boost

Postby nick639v2 » September 13th, 2019, 9:25 am

Trying my hand on a lil ting... first time cleaning out an ac, lol and to believe I installed the systems myself home here.

Vacuuming out and cleaning drain lines after.

Washing with hot water and a little dishwashing liquids and it coming back crips

6 months of buildup running 4-6 hours a day.
IMG_20190913_092027.jpeg
IMG_20190913_092245.jpeg
IMG_20190913_092301.jpeg

gastly369
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby gastly369 » September 13th, 2019, 11:15 am

Try not to get the evaporator motor bearings wet.. Or else later down the road is fanbelt noise in yuh house

nick639v2
30 pounds of Boost

Postby nick639v2 » September 13th, 2019, 4:20 pm

Na all bearings and ends I take out get a lil lube back before put up

nervewrecker
3NE 2NR Power Seller

Postby nervewrecker » September 13th, 2019, 9:47 pm

Is not panasonic units nick have there yunno gastly

how the new gree units treating you btw?

gastly369
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby gastly369 » September 14th, 2019, 2:07 am

Gree pumpin
nervewrecker wrote:Is not panasonic units nick have there yunno gastly

how the new gree units treating you btw?

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”