TriniTuner.com  |  Latest Event:  

Forums

What the Best Split level AC Units...Carrier LG, Panasonic?

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

sinnaz25
3NE 2NR for life

Re: What the Best Split level AC Units...Carrier LG, Panasonic?

Postby sinnaz25 » September 28th, 2018, 10:16 pm

nervewrecker wrote:
sinnaz25 wrote:Man say ge an poineer is d same as gree
Give him about 11 months again. He may be a powerseller here and versed in the trade.
Has to be able to troubleshoot and wire a 20 tonne ac unit from scratch.
Already told a business associate about him. So he may be getting a job too.

Boy them fellars sad we any thing to make a sale

nervewrecker
3NE 2NR Power Seller

Postby nervewrecker » September 28th, 2018, 10:18 pm

He not in the business yet. Now learning. Have some potential

nervewrecker
3NE 2NR Power Seller

Postby nervewrecker » September 28th, 2018, 10:19 pm

But yes, have some sad men out here.

sinnaz25
3NE 2NR for life

Postby sinnaz25 » September 28th, 2018, 10:19 pm

nervewrecker wrote:He not in the business yet. Now learning. Have some potential
Nice nice do it d right way get papers to certified

EFFECTIC DESIGNS
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby EFFECTIC DESIGNS » September 30th, 2018, 2:49 am

double post
Last edited by EFFECTIC DESIGNS on September 30th, 2018, 8:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

EFFECTIC DESIGNS
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby EFFECTIC DESIGNS » September 30th, 2018, 2:53 am

nervewrecker wrote:PlawImageImage

The kids were soooo happy.
People say school children are untrained and behave like animals. If you see how thankful they were when this start to work.
Very respectful and polite as well.
Felt kinda sorry for them as the class going to be turned into a lab.
Is just a few spoiling these kids reputation.

sweet

This is the same one I talking about that they had in SACC

That doing 20 years service without breaking a sweat. Them thing cah done hoss, its amazing how things were built once upon a time.

Just watch how that refuse to even rust.

EFFECTIC DESIGNS
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby EFFECTIC DESIGNS » September 30th, 2018, 11:08 am

I swear these new Units is trash both my Delta and my padner Daikin has the exact same issue my neighbor Delta also has exact same issue.

on 25 degrees its too cold but on 26 its too hot, this has absolutely NO accuracy on temperature at all. Basically on 25 its really running at 19 and some days its just too hot even on 23 and no I not talking about ambient temp I mean regardless.

nervewrecker
3NE 2NR Power Seller

Postby nervewrecker » October 2nd, 2018, 9:27 pm

I never really had issues with daikin but I will look into the matter.

Have men bringing defective and rejected stuff eh. I buy from the dealer when I buying so never had issues.

Saw a popular ac place put up and ac at a business and the display not working. I ask how you does know the temp. Girl tell me on the remote. I ask her whats wrong with the one on the ac. She said that model does not have such thing. The company told her so. Well I lifted up the cover and showed her and seems she vex with me for interfering with her stuff. Oh me ah know nothing about ac and oh how so it is. Big company say is so, so is so. Talk done.
No wonder she 3 tonne looking like a 2.

Kronik
18 pounds of Boost

Postby Kronik » October 3rd, 2018, 7:15 am

Well in work we pay to install a 12k BTU, the company come and install it, had to add about 10 ft of copper and connect and put on, I ask them if they not pulling a vacuume before they open the gas, man say once the condenser lower than the evaporator you eh hadda do that, I just say ok, they ain't add no extra gas to compensate for the additional line. A couple months later we go to service the unit, when we watch the compressor inside the housing, it have a piece of masking tape on it marked repaired.
Apparently they repair the condenser before and put a new housing on it. Real crooks out here, and is a big company

Premchand1976
Riding on 16's

Postby Premchand1976 » October 3rd, 2018, 11:57 am

How good is Armstrong brand units ? How to verify it's authenticity ?

nervewrecker
3NE 2NR Power Seller

Postby nervewrecker » October 3rd, 2018, 4:25 pm

Kronik wrote:Well in work we pay to install a 12k BTU, the company come and install it, had to add about 10 ft of copper and connect and put on, I ask them if they not pulling a vacuume before they open the gas, man say once the condenser lower than the evaporator you eh hadda do that, I just say ok, they ain't add no extra gas to compensate for the additional line. A couple months later we go to service the unit, when we watch the compressor inside the housing, it have a piece of masking tape on it marked repaired.
Apparently they repair the condenser before and put a new housing on it. Real crooks out here, and is a big company
Like I have to drop a call card by that company

Premchand, I not sure. They on the market awhile now so seems to not be a one run. Bought it as a replacement for miller.
I dont deal it..

god son
Street 2NR

Postby god son » October 3rd, 2018, 7:57 pm

triniringo wrote:
god son wrote:I sell panasonic units..I love them I never get any call backs

Price 12000btu
$3599.00 installed.

Premchand1976
Riding on 16's

Postby Premchand1976 » October 3rd, 2018, 8:07 pm

nervewrecker wrote:
Kronik wrote:Well in work we pay to install a 12k BTU, the company come and install it, had to add about 10 ft of copper and connect and put on, I ask them if they not pulling a vacuume before they open the gas, man say once the condenser lower than the evaporator you eh hadda do that, I just say ok, they ain't add no extra gas to compensate for the additional line. A couple months later we go to service the unit, when we watch the compressor inside the housing, it have a piece of masking tape on it marked repaired.

Premchand, I not sure. They on the market awhile now so seems to not be a one run. Bought it as a replacement for miller.
I dont deal it..
Thanks man, saw them advertised at $2000 installed with 1 x 5 yrs warranty ........12k btu.....my gut tells me it's too good to be true tho ?????

god son
Street 2NR

Postby god son » October 3rd, 2018, 8:09 pm

I consider a good airconditioner to be one that's energy efficient and durable. A/C's 10yrs ago wère of different standard of those manufactured now. Many companys are constantly merging so you see parts shared across different brands.
In this modern era, inverters are the way. all brands have the non inverter model, basic inverter model and a deluxe inverter model which are of a higher seer value.

nervewrecker
3NE 2NR Power Seller

Postby nervewrecker » October 3rd, 2018, 8:15 pm

Premchand1976 wrote:
nervewrecker wrote:

I dont deal it..
Thanks man, saw them advertised at $2000 installed with 1 x 5 yrs warranty ........12k btu.....my gut tells me it's too good to be true tho ?????

Price sounds fair.
Like I said, dont really have any experience with them but never really heard anything bad. And they been on the market awhile now.

Inverters are better built units but the techs we have out here only come out to give people headache. Some dont even open the condenser, they just spray down what they can with it closed. Inverter have a board in the condenser, wet that down and is bye bye ac unit. The weight alone is a giveaway, I lift up the average 12000btu with ease but had to get help to lift my inverter to put it up.

god son
Street 2NR

Postby god son » October 3rd, 2018, 8:16 pm

Im I'm the trade over a decade and I put my trust in Toshiba, Mitsubishi, Carrier and Panasonic. Daikin is good but not durable. Toshiba and Mitsubishi are good but highly expensive. I sell panasonic and it's less profitable than selling a comfee or lennox or daikin etc. but I rather sell what I have trust in..panasonic focused a lot of attention on air purification with it's nanoe g technology. so far I don't see other brands offering better for the value.

nervewrecker
3NE 2NR Power Seller

Postby nervewrecker » October 3rd, 2018, 8:39 pm

Abel deals carrier now, not so? Where you getting carrier from? Clamens told me they only deal the commercial units but we get a carrier from servair already.
The Toshiba are great units but the price. Cant convince most people to buy that. Most fail to understand you get what you pay for.
I worked on panasoinc units already, great units, but parts not readily available like all the others. same reason most will prefer buy a tiida over a VW, but how often does a part go? They eh wanna hear that.

stealth
Street 2NR

Postby stealth » October 4th, 2018, 7:35 pm

Guys , what's the best "bang for buck" inverter unit available now? I have had horrible experiences with the "ge (green energy)" brand which is only 2 years old. So now I prefer to take another more reliable brand

nervewrecker
3NE 2NR Power Seller

Postby nervewrecker » October 4th, 2018, 8:52 pm

Ge may be the cheapest on the market.
After that maybe delta but im not sure if they have.

What size you looking for?

What went wrong with the GE btw?

god son
Street 2NR

Postby god son » October 4th, 2018, 9:12 pm

stealth wrote:Guys , what's the best "bang for buck" inverter unit available now? I have had horrible experiences with the "ge (green energy)" brand which is only 2 years old. So now I prefer to take another more reliable brand
panasonic parts hard to get because the dealers don't bring any...I does order my parts...stealth go with panasonic...if u can afford a toshiba or Mitsubishi go for it.

god son
Street 2NR

Postby god son » October 4th, 2018, 9:17 pm

nervewrecker wrote:Abel deals carrier now, not so? Where you getting carrier from? Clamens told me they only deal the commercial units but we get a carrier from servair already.
The Toshiba are great units but the price. Cant convince most people to buy that. Most fail to understand you get what you pay for.
I worked on panasoinc units already, great units, but parts not readily available like all the others. same reason most will prefer buy a tiida over a VW, but how often does a part go? They eh wanna hear that.
clemens and servair do sell carrier..it hard to sell good ac in trinidad...the price range not the same! good thing ain't cheap n cheap thing ain't good!

nervewrecker
3NE 2NR Power Seller

Postby nervewrecker » October 4th, 2018, 9:20 pm

Had some toshiba I work on for a customer. They are monsters.
Old but quiet as hell.
Have one exposed to the sea blast years now and it standing up. The Peake units failing meanwhile.
But clamens them need to be a little more competitive.
Their 12000btu is $1100.00 more than a lennox.

god son
Street 2NR

Postby god son » October 4th, 2018, 9:21 pm

nervewrecker wrote:
Premchand1976 wrote:
nervewrecker wrote:

I dont deal it..

Price sounds fair.
Like I said, dont really have any experience with them but never really heard anything bad. And they been on the market awhile now.

Inverters are better built units but the techs we have out here only come out to give people headache. Some dont even open the condenser, they just spray down what they can with it closed. Inverter have a board in the condenser, wet that down and is bye bye ac unit. The weight alone is a giveaway, I lift up the average 12000btu with ease but had to get help to lift my inverter to put it up.
yea I does open it and cover the board with plastic...I doh play that na!

EFFECTIC DESIGNS
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby EFFECTIC DESIGNS » October 4th, 2018, 9:26 pm

Bad advice to recommend Panasonic to anybody, go by Super 8 Grocery in Penal just at the entrance where the forklift operates you will see an Abandoned Panasonic Split AC waiting to be dumped. The fins in the condenser is flaking out literally flaking out like dust if you touch it. I sent Nerve a video of it

There is Nothing special about Panasonic the only thing special about them is their marketing. The best AC is the sticker brand Gree clones because all parts fitting and you getting parts anywhere for them AND they outlasting Panasonic aswell.

At this point the only decent AC that is better than sticker brands is LG but even that is questionable
Last edited by EFFECTIC DESIGNS on October 4th, 2018, 9:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

god son
Street 2NR

Postby god son » October 4th, 2018, 9:27 pm

I have a toshiba r22 by me since 2010 and I got it used...I never changed a capacitor yet. yea i find so too. but the people who does buy could afford it. I see bosch making a/c too..would like to try them out.

nervewrecker
3NE 2NR Power Seller

Postby nervewrecker » October 4th, 2018, 9:30 pm

I wont go so far as to condemn it.
I have seen 8 year old Panasonic's working like new..
What causes that coil to get like it can be where it mounted or the techs. I have found that units exposed to the elements start to look like that faster than those are not. My 5 year old gree looks like it put up last week.
The coil cleaner some like to use also damages the coils. Its alkaline and eats metal. I havent found any that water cant clean. I have a chemical I use that is non toxic, non corrosive, does not damage metal and has a neutral ph. Does wash my hands and face with it after I done service.

EFFECTIC DESIGNS
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby EFFECTIC DESIGNS » October 4th, 2018, 9:33 pm

god son wrote:I have a toshiba r22 by me since 2010 and I got it used...I never changed a capacitor yet. yea i find so too. but the people who does buy could afford it. I see bosch making a/c too..would like to try them out.

I had a sticker brand Frigidaire from 2009 bought in pricesmart most likely made by Gree it is a Pioneer/Peake clone so was probably a Gree clone. Lasted 5 years 24/7 use most of the time before the runstart capacitor had to change, then lasted a further 4 years before circuit board burned out then I replaced it with a Delta but it was a mistake.

This unit like many being sold are either cheaper modern day trash or simply defective units being sold by Niel Kool and other super cheap AC companies while I want to believe these are defective units it is a common issue I found with multiple people. On some days 26 degrees is too cold and some days it is too hot regardless of outside temp. The temp regulation is garbage compared to my old R22 Frigidaire. Dunno if its even ah issue with R410A or what nah but it is NOT as great as my old R22.

In stark contrast a girl up by me had a panasonic unit bought in 2012 and lasted her 4 years until she had to throw it in the dumpster cause no parts to fix it and the fan motor burn out just like that with only light use.

god son
Street 2NR

Postby god son » October 4th, 2018, 9:37 pm

units manufactured ten years ago was of different quality. I find delta is rubbish. cheap units again.

EFFECTIC DESIGNS
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby EFFECTIC DESIGNS » October 4th, 2018, 9:38 pm

nervewrecker wrote:I wont go so far as to condemn it.
I have seen 8 year old Panasonic's working like new..
What causes that coil to get like it can be where it mounted or the techs. I have found that units exposed to the elements start to look like that faster than those are not. My 5 year old gree looks like it put up last week.
The coil cleaner some like to use also damages the coils. Its alkaline and eats metal. I havent found any that water cant clean. I have a chemical I use that is non toxic, non corrosive, does not damage metal and has a neutral ph. Does wash my hands and face with it after I done service.

Yeah they probably use some cheap toxic trash to clean it aswell. But I think the arguement still stands regarding parts for those panasonic units. It reminds me about the Benz vs Almera argument, one has expensive parts you have to import the other has super cheap parts at the parlor and both doing the exact same function.

nervewrecker
3NE 2NR Power Seller

Postby nervewrecker » October 4th, 2018, 9:40 pm

EFFECTIC DESIGNS wrote:
god son wrote:I have a toshiba r22 by me since 2010 and I got it used...I never changed a capacitor yet. yea i find so too. but the people who does buy could afford it. I see bosch making a/c too..would like to try them out.

I had a sticker brand Frigidaire from 2009 bought in pricesmart most likely made by Gree it is a Pioneer/Peake clone so was probably a Gree clone. Lasted 5 years 24/7 use most of the time before the runstart capacitor had to change, then lasted a further 4 years before circuit board burned out then I replaced it with a Delta but it was a mistake.

This unit like many being sold are either cheaper modern day trash or simply defective units being sold by Niel Kool and other super cheap AC companies while I want to believe these are defective units it is a common issue I found with multiple people. On some days 26 degrees is too cold and some days it is too hot regardless of outside temp. The temp regulation is garbage compared to my old R22 Frigidaire. Dunno if its even ah issue with R410A or what nah but it is NOT as great as my old R22.

In stark contrast a girl up by me had a panasonic unit bought in 2012 and lasted her 4 years until she had to throw it in the dumpster cause no parts to fix it and the fan motor burn out just like that with only light use.
She should have called me.
I would have gotten it working.

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”