TriniTuner.com  |  Latest Event:  

Forums

What the Best Split level AC Units...Carrier LG, Panasonic?

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

nervewrecker
3NE 2NR Power Seller

Re: What the Best Split level AC Units...Carrier LG, Panasonic?

Postby nervewrecker » October 4th, 2018, 9:41 pm

god son wrote:units manufactured ten years ago was of different quality. I find delta is rubbish. cheap units again.
X2 on older units.
Thats why I prefer fix people thing than make them buy a new one.

EFFECTIC DESIGNS
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby EFFECTIC DESIGNS » October 4th, 2018, 9:51 pm

Yeah she call a fella and he came and said he can't find a fan motor for it and he ended up recommending that she buy a new unit from him

She took the bait and ended up buying a new AC from the man yes. Funny thing is the fella took the Panasonic AC from she for free, he say he go dump it for she. I highly doubt he dump that

god son
Street 2NR

Postby god son » October 4th, 2018, 9:55 pm

EFFECTIC DESIGNS wrote:Yeah she call a fella and he came and said he can't find a fan motor for it and he ended up recommending that she buy a new unit from him

She took the bait and ended up buying a new AC from the man yes. Funny thing is the fella took the Panasonic AC from she for free, he say he go dump it for she. I highly doubt he dump that
panasonic and carrier used same fan motors...n carrier parts expensive no ass!

nervewrecker
3NE 2NR Power Seller

Postby nervewrecker » October 4th, 2018, 9:56 pm

EFFECTIC DESIGNS wrote:Yeah she call a fella and he came and said he can't find a fan motor for it and he ended up recommending that she buy a new unit from him

Sigh.

Before you discredit anyone brand I will find out where Neil kool gets his stuff from. Wont do me any good as I have nothing to gain from it but what do I have to loose?

god son
Street 2NR

Postby god son » October 4th, 2018, 10:11 pm

lennox, amana, miller (which I don't think available again),delta, daikin,Armstrong units come from wilog. I'm an agent there also..but I does take lennox only.

nervewrecker
3NE 2NR Power Seller

Postby nervewrecker » October 4th, 2018, 10:15 pm

Have men bringing their own thing. I know one. He also buys from wilog. So sometimes he sells legit, sometime refurbished.
Have brand new units I saw supplied (not from wilog) to a company and when they started failing all had compressors that weren't what they come with. So makes you wonder.

god son
Street 2NR

Postby god son » October 4th, 2018, 10:26 pm

nervewrecker wrote:Have men bringing their own thing. I know one. He also buys from wilog. So sometimes he sells legit, sometime refurbished.
Have brand new units I saw supplied (not from wilog) to a company and when they started failing all had compressors that weren't what they come with. So makes you wonder.
wayyz..I that's some serious scam! that's why it's best to bring in your in thing from authentic sources. I rather bring a/c from Japan or Malaysia...costs more but it yuh could still be competitive in the prices.

gastly369
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby gastly369 » October 4th, 2018, 10:43 pm

Pumpin Miller elite II 13 yrs now
..the usual small issues with ac for that age but sorted out in mins and wokin as day it was purchased

EFFECTIC DESIGNS
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby EFFECTIC DESIGNS » October 4th, 2018, 10:55 pm

nervewrecker wrote:Have men bringing their own thing. I know one. He also buys from wilog. So sometimes he sells legit, sometime refurbished.

WOW

stealth
Street 2NR

Postby stealth » October 5th, 2018, 10:43 am

nervewrecker wrote:Ge may be the cheapest on the market.
After that maybe delta but im not sure if they have.

What size you looking for?

What went wrong with the GE btw?
I'm looking for a 24,000btu since that's the size I currently have and it cools well for my size of room.

And the problem I'm having is almost every two weeks I have to call a technician because water is coming from the front. Yes I know that's a common problem, but the unit is only two years old and it worked perfectly for about 14months. Then, it started to leak every couple months then more and more often.

Nothing is clogged, but the technician said there was a crack in the drain pan or something which he repaired. But now its happening more and more so I wanna replace it.

I dont know if it is an installation issue, but I doubt because the problem wasn't there before and now its persistent

nervewrecker
3NE 2NR Power Seller

Postby nervewrecker » October 5th, 2018, 9:54 pm

stealth wrote:

I'm looking for a 24,000btu since that's the size I currently have and it cools well for my size of room.

And the problem I'm having is almost every two weeks I have to call a technician because water is coming from the front. Yes I know that's a common problem, but the unit is only two years old and it worked perfectly for about 14months. Then, it started to leak every couple months then more and more often.

Nothing is clogged, but the technician said there was a crack in the drain pan or something which he repaired. But now its happening more and more so I wanna replace it.

I dont know if it is an installation issue, but I doubt because the problem wasn't there before and now its persistent
I have repaired drain pans before. Never had an issue.
You sure is not the pipe not properly run? Some men seem to not know about that and not care to rectify it.

nervewrecker
3NE 2NR Power Seller

Postby nervewrecker » October 5th, 2018, 9:55 pm

Post pics of unit and location.

Syberfraggle
3NE 2NR for life

Postby Syberfraggle » October 8th, 2018, 9:24 pm

Lf a 36000 btu inverter unit. Can anyone recommend brands and prices installed?

EFFECTIC DESIGNS
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby EFFECTIC DESIGNS » October 9th, 2018, 6:54 pm

Syberfraggle wrote:Lf a 36000 btu inverter unit. Can anyone recommend brands and prices installed?

Nervewrecker is one of if not the best tech in the country so I would recommend him.

As for an AC inverter I think perhaps LG would be the best, my friend has a LG inverter AC and it works like a boss, no problems like his Daikin that constantly has faulty temp regulation.

I also have a LG inverter refrigerator and its world class. 10 years warranty on compressor so you know they build good sh!t

nervewrecker
3NE 2NR Power Seller

Postby nervewrecker » October 9th, 2018, 10:22 pm

Have other good men out here.
Not because they dont have papers like me it dont mean they not good.
Only a handful of them though.
I does always say the best of the best is a man named Vivian Sealy from new grant. He trained me. I see that man bring back thing from the dead. Works on fridges to 60 tonne 3 phase chilled water systems without breaking a sweat.
And he have the same papers as myself.

Rovin
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Rovin » October 9th, 2018, 11:01 pm

nervewrecker wrote:
stealth wrote:

You sure is not the pipe not properly run? Some men seem to not know about that and not care to rectify it.

i like to read\learn from stuff u guys posting here & i not a ac tech by any means but what i see described here i went thru dat experience with 2 of my own units

apart from not cleaning when badly needed : 2 things solved d problem , sometimes ac men install d evaporator "too level" so of course water will quicker go towards whichever side sloping more , do tilt it slightly towards d side with drain plug

2nd fix : d drain pipe coming out d evaporator wasnt sloped with enough pitch so d water wasnt draining out fast enough , tried sloping it a bit steeper & problem solved .... this worked in my case

god son
Street 2NR

Postby god son » October 14th, 2018, 9:44 am

Rovin's Audio wrote:
nervewrecker wrote:
stealth wrote:

i like to read\learn from stuff u guys posting here & i not a ac tech by any means but what i see described here i went thru dat experience with 2 of my own units

apart from not cleaning when badly needed : 2 things solved d problem , sometimes ac men install d evaporator "too level" so of course water will quicker go towards whichever side sloping more , do tilt it slightly towards d side with drain plug

2nd fix : d drain pipe coming out d evaporator wasnt sloped with enough pitch so d water wasnt draining out fast enough , tried sloping it a bit steeper & problem solved .... this worked in my case
check the insulation..maybe it's exposed or the drain line has a puncture. it could be bad gradient or the line but I doubt because u said u didn't have that problem b4..

nervewrecker
3NE 2NR Power Seller

Postby nervewrecker » October 14th, 2018, 9:48 am

Could be the back drain pan that most men dont even know exist. And when they keep putting down their half ass service and thing get stink they hide.

god son
Street 2NR

Postby god son » October 14th, 2018, 9:51 am

nervewrecker wrote:Could be the back drain pan that most men dont even know exist. And when they keep putting down their half ass service and thing get stink they hide.
yea yuh right! the back drain maybe clogged...so dem cya watch to see where it leaking from? steups.

nervewrecker
3NE 2NR Power Seller

Postby nervewrecker » October 14th, 2018, 10:17 am

Leaks from the side in most instances. So its easy to give a false diagnosis.

EFFECTIC DESIGNS
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby EFFECTIC DESIGNS » October 15th, 2018, 7:02 pm

Another reason there is dripping inside your room is because the HOSE that goes from the AC to the outside is actually clogged with gunk and moss I have had instances where I tried everything imaginable and the real culprit was actually the hose, I had to remove the pvc line and take a long wire and shove it up and pull out the gunk.

One way you can know is by how little water is sent outside through the drain from the AC, if it dripping real slow on a humid day then yeah it clog

pjfred
Trinituner Peong

Postby pjfred » October 15th, 2018, 8:30 pm

EFFECTIC DESIGNS wrote:Another reason there is dripping inside your room is because the HOSE that goes from the AC to the outside is actually clogged with gunk and moss I have had instances where I tried everything imaginable and the real culprit was actually the hose, I had to remove the pvc line and take a long wire and shove it up and pull out the gunk.

One way you can know is by how little water is sent outside through the drain from the AC, if it dripping real slow on a humid day then yeah it clog
I used bleach before, just pour a few capfulls into the drip tray and voila but if this solves it then check that hole they put in your wall to pass connections thru. That hole should be sealed with either cement or expanding foam. If IT isn't then you know what to do.

nervewrecker
3NE 2NR Power Seller

Postby nervewrecker » October 15th, 2018, 9:13 pm

pjfred wrote:
EFFECTIC DESIGNS wrote:Another reason there is dripping inside your room is because the HOSE that goes from the AC to the outside is actually clogged with gunk and moss I have had instances where I tried everything imaginable and the real culprit was actually the hose, I had to remove the pvc line and take a long wire and shove it up and pull out the gunk.

I used bleach before, just pour a few capfulls into the drip tray and voila but if this solves it then check that hole they put in your wall to pass connections thru. That hole should be sealed with either cement or expanding foam. If IT isn't then you know what to do.
No it shouldnt.
Should an instance arise where the evap needs to be taken out to do a complete or the drain line flushed, it cannot be done.
Better to fill it with something that can be removed like plastic.
Dont know why ED drain line clogged. Flushed drain line is part of a service. OEG offshore thought I was racking up only to realize I making sure the line free. Level stuff came out. They don't even question my work or abilities anymore.

EFFECTIC DESIGNS
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby EFFECTIC DESIGNS » October 15th, 2018, 11:01 pm

^ nah that clog drain line was in my old frigidaire AC, I think it took 4 years of constant use to clog.

But most AC men do not clear any drain line all they do is pressure wash the coil, I have a padner who hired a AC man and paid him $250 to service his AC the man used my padner ladder, hose, barrel drum and even smoke the man weed and still charge $250 and all he do is use the hose to wash out the coil and fan. No detergent or anything

Real smart men out there hoss.

god son
Street 2NR

Postby god son » October 16th, 2018, 4:35 pm

nervewrecker wrote:
pjfred wrote:

No it shouldnt.
Should an instance arise where the evap needs to be taken out to do a complete or the drain line flushed, it cannot be done.
Better to fill it with something that can be removed like plastic.
Dont know why ED drain line clogged. Flushed drain line is part of a service. OEG offshore thought I was racking up only to realize I making sure the line free. Level stuff came out. They don't even question my work or abilities anymore.
I does use a piece of 2" pipe as a sleeve in the wall so you could plaster it and still be able to take out the evaporator afterwards.

nervewrecker
3NE 2NR Power Seller

Postby nervewrecker » October 16th, 2018, 4:38 pm

When I drill hole you need no sleeve.

rspann
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby rspann » October 16th, 2018, 5:05 pm

Bodow!!!!!!!! Shots fired.

nervewrecker
3NE 2NR Power Seller

Postby nervewrecker » October 16th, 2018, 5:35 pm

:mrgreen:ImageImageImage

matix
Shifting into 6th

Postby matix » October 16th, 2018, 5:54 pm

Now that is neat

nervewrecker
3NE 2NR Power Seller

Postby nervewrecker » October 16th, 2018, 6:30 pm

Sadly I have a guy doing installs that insist on not using that tool.
Only cuz I been booked with repairs and have a full time job. Hopefully when I am unemployed soon I get to drill some walls and work on my project.
Install guy does very good work though.

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”