TriniTuner.com  |  Latest Event:  

Forums

What the Best Split level AC Units...Carrier LG, Panasonic?

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

User avatar
nervewrecker
3NE 2NR Power Seller
Posts: 20840
Joined: July 31st, 2007, 2:27 pm
Location: The world is fl4t

Re: What the Best Split level AC Units...Carrier LG, Panasonic?

Postby nervewrecker » October 11th, 2017, 9:45 pm

Get a dmm like mine when you get more funds.

Advertisement
pugboy
TriniTuner 24-7
Posts: 8563
Joined: September 6th, 2003, 6:18 pm

Re: What the Best Split level AC Units...Carrier LG, Panasonic?

Postby pugboy » October 11th, 2017, 9:48 pm

Who are the big importers?

User avatar
nervewrecker
3NE 2NR Power Seller
Posts: 20840
Joined: July 31st, 2007, 2:27 pm
Location: The world is fl4t

Re: What the Best Split level AC Units...Carrier LG, Panasonic?

Postby nervewrecker » October 11th, 2017, 9:56 pm

The big players are

Clamens and assoicates
Servair
West indian logistics
Maraj
Atlantic air
Comfort cooling
General appliances and parts
Peake's
Pricesmart
And the next place before atlantic air
And the next place by comfort cooling


Abel handles katashi and carrier mini splits.

Not sure who handles trane units and forgot who handling samsung

I heard talk anand low price has refrigerant. If he get into this business its very likey he behind the recent buyout in stock to control the market
Last edited by nervewrecker on October 11th, 2017, 9:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
nick639v2
Riding on 16's
Posts: 1291
Joined: November 1st, 2016, 9:46 am

What the Best Split level AC Units...Carrier LG, Panasonic?

Postby nick639v2 » October 11th, 2017, 9:57 pm

Cant remember where he did it but it was through training companies like RiceLake an other facility management systems in the u.s.


Edit: yes anands confirmed for gas a good while now. Dad went and buy a tank of 134 and 404 like in June

User avatar
nissubaru
Street 2NR
Posts: 53
Joined: June 2nd, 2017, 9:49 pm

Re: What the Best Split level AC Units...Carrier LG, Panasonic?

Postby nissubaru » October 11th, 2017, 10:09 pm

Which is the best split right now? 12k btu. Prices? And nerve whats ur contact?

User avatar
nervewrecker
3NE 2NR Power Seller
Posts: 20840
Joined: July 31st, 2007, 2:27 pm
Location: The world is fl4t

Re: What the Best Split level AC Units...Carrier LG, Panasonic?

Postby nervewrecker » October 11th, 2017, 10:16 pm

I booked, try rosnin , speedaholic or nick.

Can still send you the number if you willing to wait a bit.

No 12's in stock, no side

User avatar
NR8
Riding on 17's
Posts: 1555
Joined: January 14th, 2012, 2:20 pm

Re: What the Best Split level AC Units...Carrier LG, Panasonic?

Postby NR8 » October 11th, 2017, 10:29 pm

Nick and pugboy, where did you all get the Daikin units to purchase?

pugboy
TriniTuner 24-7
Posts: 8563
Joined: September 6th, 2003, 6:18 pm

Re: What the Best Split level AC Units...Carrier LG, Panasonic?

Postby pugboy » October 11th, 2017, 10:36 pm

Peakes

User avatar
nick639v2
Riding on 16's
Posts: 1291
Joined: November 1st, 2016, 9:46 am

Re: What the Best Split level AC Units...Carrier LG, Panasonic?

Postby nick639v2 » October 12th, 2017, 5:49 pm

Steves and Ass.

Finished installing my daikin 12k today. Image

Image

Image

Got me a new toy too

Image


Installing these acs on height is a whole different set of problems but I survived with some help . Came out pretty neat but not as cork as the ground ones.

redmanjp
Trying to catch PATCH AND VEGA
Posts: 6009
Joined: September 22nd, 2009, 11:01 pm
Contact:

Re: What the Best Split level AC Units...Carrier LG, Panasonic?

Postby redmanjp » October 12th, 2017, 7:20 pm

What is the make & model of that thermometer?

jehusaunders
Street 2NR
Posts: 84
Joined: June 26th, 2011, 9:43 am

Re: What the Best Split level AC Units...Carrier LG, Panasonic?

Postby jehusaunders » October 12th, 2017, 7:44 pm

That's a clamp meter to measure amperage. Probably a fluke 323

User avatar
nervewrecker
3NE 2NR Power Seller
Posts: 20840
Joined: July 31st, 2007, 2:27 pm
Location: The world is fl4t

Re: What the Best Split level AC Units...Carrier LG, Panasonic?

Postby nervewrecker » October 13th, 2017, 7:47 am

nick639v2 wrote:Steves and Ass.

Finished installing my daikin 12k today. Image

Image

Image

Got me a new toy too

Image


Installing these acs on height is a whole different set of problems but I survived with some help . Came out pretty neat but not as cork as the ground ones.
You used it. See if it works
The flaring set

User avatar
nick639v2
Riding on 16's
Posts: 1291
Joined: November 1st, 2016, 9:46 am

What the Best Split level AC Units...Carrier LG, Panasonic?

Postby nick639v2 » October 13th, 2017, 9:13 am

^ yea it worked man had to do a cut and flare on one of the lines to come in d condenser because the daikin copper tubing was just vexing me.. i wish they all came with flex ends lol

User avatar
nissubaru
Street 2NR
Posts: 53
Joined: June 2nd, 2017, 9:49 pm

Re: What the Best Split level AC Units...Carrier LG, Panasonic?

Postby nissubaru » October 13th, 2017, 4:10 pm

nick639v2 wrote:^ yea it worked man had to do a cut and flare on one of the lines to come in d condenser because the daikin copper tubing was just vexing me.. i wish they all came with flex ends lol

Wheyyy u get the flaring set? And price

User avatar
nick639v2
Riding on 16's
Posts: 1291
Joined: November 1st, 2016, 9:46 am

What the Best Split level AC Units...Carrier LG, Panasonic?

Postby nick639v2 » October 13th, 2017, 5:51 pm

An ac and electrical shop in chase village.. cant remember the name but it’s around wheel wiz..





Notes after install:

current draw after all units were installed is 34amps for all units alone. As they are all on a panel by itself.

So expected increase of bill after 2 month cycle will be around $2000 (using units 12hrs a day for the month). << this is an absolute worse case, exaggerated scenario of 12hrs runtime (in reality it will be half of that, if even) just calculated for the hell of boredom today.

If you wanna see the maths so you can somewhat predict your future install on a unit i’ll be glad to share. I will post official billing when next it comes also.

User avatar
nervewrecker
3NE 2NR Power Seller
Posts: 20840
Joined: July 31st, 2007, 2:27 pm
Location: The world is fl4t

Re: What the Best Split level AC Units...Carrier LG, Panasonic?

Postby nervewrecker » October 13th, 2017, 7:07 pm

nick639v2 wrote:An ac and electrical shop in chase village.. cant remember the name but it’s around wheel wiz..





Notes after install:

current draw after all units were installed is 34amps for all units alone. As they are all on a panel by itself.

So expected increase of bill after 2 month cycle will be around $2000 (using units 12hrs a day for the month). << this is an absolute worse case, exaggerated scenario of 12hrs runtime (in reality it will be half of that, if even) just calculated for the hell of boredom today.

If you wanna see the maths so you can somewhat predict your future install on a unit i’ll be glad to share. I will post official billing when next it comes also.
That's if the units run right through.
When the comoressors cycle off they might stay off for awhile once you have good insulation.

I find it odd your flaring set works out the box on those lines.
I end up buying a universal flaring set.

User avatar
nervewrecker
3NE 2NR Power Seller
Posts: 20840
Joined: July 31st, 2007, 2:27 pm
Location: The world is fl4t

Re: What the Best Split level AC Units...Carrier LG, Panasonic?

Postby nervewrecker » October 13th, 2017, 7:09 pm

A before and after.
Carrier ftw

Abel, link me with a contract plz kthanksbyeImageImage

ImageImage
Last edited by nervewrecker on October 13th, 2017, 7:09 pm, edited 2 times in total.

User avatar
nick639v2
Riding on 16's
Posts: 1291
Joined: November 1st, 2016, 9:46 am

Re: What the Best Split level AC Units...Carrier LG, Panasonic?

Postby nick639v2 » October 13th, 2017, 7:22 pm

^^ yup I just went full worse case running because as is with renovations rooms will be high traffic areas etc.

Will see if pops have d bill still tomorrow. But yea it worked easy peasy. He usually use it on 1/8 lines so i say lemme try it out.

User avatar
nervewrecker
3NE 2NR Power Seller
Posts: 20840
Joined: July 31st, 2007, 2:27 pm
Location: The world is fl4t

Re: What the Best Split level AC Units...Carrier LG, Panasonic?

Postby nervewrecker » October 19th, 2017, 9:50 pm

Some jobs you have to call in the right guys.....because others just cant do it.
Hammer and chizel wont have worked here. 99% of the guys couldn't do this job. ImageImage

User avatar
EFFECTIC DESIGNS
TriniTuner 24-7
Posts: 7878
Joined: April 1st, 2010, 3:17 pm
Contact:

Re: What the Best Split level AC Units...Carrier LG, Panasonic?

Postby EFFECTIC DESIGNS » October 19th, 2017, 10:01 pm

managed to fix the AC remote.

Took it apart apparently the battery had leaked on the circuit board used some detergent on a napkin and a eraser rubber to clean the copper thingy on the board where the remote buttons touch also cleaned the rubber button part from the remote washed that under the pipe cause that had the battery stuff leaked on it aswell.

Remote works perfect now

RedVEVO
punchin NOS
Posts: 4605
Joined: March 8th, 2017, 1:05 am

Re: What the Best Split level AC Units...Carrier LG, Panasonic?

Postby RedVEVO » October 19th, 2017, 10:31 pm

Anybody want 5 ( 5 ton ) compressor ( the outside part of the split A/C ) selling for $5,000 CASH.

Owner just replaced 5 A/C .

pugboy
TriniTuner 24-7
Posts: 8563
Joined: September 6th, 2003, 6:18 pm

Re: What the Best Split level AC Units...Carrier LG, Panasonic?

Postby pugboy » October 20th, 2017, 7:00 am

dont say it was duracells that leaked

EFFECTIC DESIGNS wrote:managed to fix the AC remote.

Took it apart apparently the battery had leaked on the circuit board used some detergent on a napkin and a eraser rubber to clean the copper thingy on the board where the remote buttons touch also cleaned the rubber button part from the remote washed that under the pipe cause that had the battery stuff leaked on it aswell.

Remote works perfect now

User avatar
1kingmed
Street 2NR
Posts: 60
Joined: September 12th, 2008, 11:11 am

Re: What the Best Split level AC Units...Carrier LG, Panasonic?

Postby 1kingmed » November 2nd, 2017, 11:29 am

Between Green Energy and Innovair 36000 btu which is better?

User avatar
nervewrecker
3NE 2NR Power Seller
Posts: 20840
Joined: July 31st, 2007, 2:27 pm
Location: The world is fl4t

Re: What the Best Split level AC Units...Carrier LG, Panasonic?

Postby nervewrecker » November 4th, 2017, 7:58 am

Innovair.
Worked on a ge this week and fan bracket done start to rotten out. Two years old

User avatar
1kingmed
Street 2NR
Posts: 60
Joined: September 12th, 2008, 11:11 am

Re: What the Best Split level AC Units...Carrier LG, Panasonic?

Postby 1kingmed » November 4th, 2017, 2:49 pm

Thank you nervewrecker, Innovair 36000 btu it is then.

User avatar
Ted_v2
TriniTuner 24-7
Posts: 10754
Joined: March 30th, 2010, 8:58 pm

Re: What the Best Split level AC Units...Carrier LG, Panasonic?

Postby Ted_v2 » November 4th, 2017, 4:16 pm

where selling 134 cheap? and does it make sense using cheap gas vs expensive gas?
someone was telling me about either global gas good and something not good? cant recall exactly. They said its recycled.

wanna fire up my gauges soon

User avatar
nervewrecker
3NE 2NR Power Seller
Posts: 20840
Joined: July 31st, 2007, 2:27 pm
Location: The world is fl4t

Re: What the Best Split level AC Units...Carrier LG, Panasonic?

Postby nervewrecker » November 4th, 2017, 6:25 pm

1kingmed wrote:Thank you nervewrecker, Innovair 36000 btu it is then.
If I had my way, id pick neither.
Lennox, gree, miller or daikin will be my choice.

I think they say some refrigerant is recovered stuff and some is new. If you looking to buy is best you go with me.

User avatar
nick639v2
Riding on 16's
Posts: 1291
Joined: November 1st, 2016, 9:46 am

Re: What the Best Split level AC Units...Carrier LG, Panasonic?

Postby nick639v2 » November 5th, 2017, 9:44 am

Ted_v2 wrote:where selling 134 cheap? and does it make sense using cheap gas vs expensive gas?
someone was telling me about either global gas good and something not good? cant recall exactly. They said its recycled.

wanna fire up my gauges soon


Anands supermarket south or Maharaj ac in aranguez. Global

pugboy
TriniTuner 24-7
Posts: 8563
Joined: September 6th, 2003, 6:18 pm

Re: What the Best Split level AC Units...Carrier LG, Panasonic?

Postby pugboy » November 5th, 2017, 9:53 am

Daikin working good so far
Remote coulda be WiFi like some of the other mfgs
It needs a proper pointing to get remote to work

User avatar
EFFECTIC DESIGNS
TriniTuner 24-7
Posts: 7878
Joined: April 1st, 2010, 3:17 pm
Contact:

Re: What the Best Split level AC Units...Carrier LG, Panasonic?

Postby EFFECTIC DESIGNS » November 6th, 2017, 8:48 am

pugboy wrote:dont say it was duracells that leaked

EFFECTIC DESIGNS wrote:managed to fix the AC remote.

Took it apart apparently the battery had leaked on the circuit board used some detergent on a napkin and a eraser rubber to clean the copper thingy on the board where the remote buttons touch also cleaned the rubber button part from the remote washed that under the pipe cause that had the battery stuff leaked on it aswell.

Remote works perfect now


Funny thing is it was duracell that leaked I even needed a wet cloth with detergent to get the sticky stuff off the circuit board

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: ismithx and 58 guests