shaneelal
Riding on 16's

Re: TSTT WiMax 4G/Hotspot and HSPA+ Thread

Postby shaneelal » April 22nd, 2014, 11:17 am

New 4G wireless service launched in Golden Lane
By Elizabeth Williams
Story Created: Apr 19, 2014 at 8:59 PM ECT
Story Updated: Apr 19, 2014 at 8:59 PM ECT

FREE internet access is being given to the Golden Lane Homework Centre for the next 12 months as part of a new pilot project by blink|bmobile.
The BLINK Wireless Broadband Project, which saw the launch of a new 4G wireless service, took place on Tuesday at the village’s community centre, which also received a donation of a new computer. Golden Lane and Sangre Chiquito in Trinidad have been chosen as two rural communities to trial the latest high-speed wireless technology.
Executive Vice President, BLINK Sales Service Tobago Operations, Vinood Radge Coomar says by using the latest high-speed wireless technology LTE (Long Term Evolution) customers will see faster internet speeds and faster download-speeds of up to 10 Megabits per second.
He says that this is nothing short of a partnership with the Golden Lane Community.
“We chose two rural communities one in Trinidad and the other in Tobago, Sangre Chiquito and Golden Lane respectively; as launch pads for the pilot project which would include almost 300 sites being powered up with same technology over the coming months. These two rural communities had no prior broadband access either because of distance to legacy exchanges or because of terrain, which makes it difficult to lay down fixed infrastructure.”
He continues, “Wireless makes it simple, reliable and fast and allows blink|bmobile to deliver the latest technology and services to our customers in these communities. This project fits well within the Government’s ICT agenda in Bridging the Digital Divide and is the start of many more rural development projects to be rolled out throughout the country in the coming months. It is a big investment to the Company, hundreds of millions of dollars, taking Broadband to the next level, but well worth it for all.”
Present at the ceremony to launch the project were Gladstone Solomon, Director of Planning, Research and Project Implementation at the Ministry of Tobago Development, Area Representative Godwin Adams and the Secretary of the Golden Lane Village Council, Viola Balfour.

http://www.thetobagonews.com/news/New-4 ... 91851.html

Blink wireless broadband internet to empower rural communities

Thursday, April 24 2014
BLINK broadband is continuing to advance its efforts to reduce the digital divide and position Trinidad and Tobago as one of the most connected countries in the region.

Last week the organisation successfully completed the simultaneous launch of the Blink Broadband Wireless Pilot Project on both islands; at the Bridge of Hope Children’s Home in Sangre Chiquito and the Golden Lane Homework Center, Tobago. This project is essentially designed to empower and enable residents of mainly rural and underserved communities by providing them with broadband internet with data speeds of up to ten megabits per second (mbps).

The Blink Broadband Wireless Pilot Project will serve 800 homes in four communities located in different quadrants of Trinidad and Tobago; Sangre Chiquito, Cheeyou, Rancho Quemado and Golden Lane, Tobago at no cost to residents for a period of three months.

The service is powered by Blink’s technology partner, Huawei and employs the latest 4G LTE (Long Term Evolution) technology. As the successor to Wi-Max, LTE is considered to be the future of mobile data as it provides wireless data connections that are not only faster than Wi-Max but can adequately compete with its fixed line counterparts. By simply installing antennas and using pre-existing mobile cell towers, this 4G LTE technology completely eliminates the need to run cables or wires. In so doing it increases the quality and reliability of Blink’s 95 percent coverage in Trinidad and Tobago. The set up device is even more cost effective and convenient than its predecessors as it does not require the expertise of technicians to install. Residents can simply plug it in and access broadband internet with speeds of up to ten mbps which translates to quick and easy downloads, fast sharing of documents and hassle free video streaming.

During his address at the Trinidad leg of the launch, Acting CEO of TSTT, George Hill, explained that the company’s multimillion dollar investment into the Blink Wireless Broadband project is intended to benefit the national community. Mr Hill also noted that this project aligns itself to the 2014 theme for World Telecommunications and Information Society Day, “Broadband for Sustainable Development; a theme which identifies digital development as a transformative tool for sustainable development by making high speed broadband internet affordable and universally accessible. Against this backdrop the Acting CEO emphatically stated, “We are creating greater continuity for an information-age learning experience so that our children have the best chance for success.”

Member of Parliament for the area, The Honourable Colin Partap echoed similar sentiments as he described the project as “ground breaking”. Reflecting on its significance to his constituency, the Member of Parliament stated, “The Blink Wireless Broadband Project marks the beginning of an era where no child would be placed at a disadvantage because of their location.” Minister of Public Utilities, The Honourable Nizam Baksh went one step further and encouraged residents to use the service to improve their quality of life and realise their potential and that of their children by doing research, seeking out educational opportunities and developing the knack for business and e-commerce.

On the sister isle, Assemblyman Godwin Adams expressed his gratitude to Blink for selecting his community as one of the first to benefit from the service and challenged the company to continue enabling his and other communities in Tobago. Executive Vice President of Blink Sales Service and Tobago Operations, Vinood Radge Coomar, explained that as a part of the company’s five year strategic plan, the Blink Wireless Broadband Project will be rapidly deployed nationwide to cover 300 sites over the next six months. At the simultaneous launch of the project, Blink further demonstrated its commitment towards empowering and facilitating the development of communities by providing the Bridge of Hope Children’s Home and the Golden Lane Homework Center with computers and free internet access.

Following this pilot project, Blink Wireless Broadband technology will be made available to the public at competitive and affordable pricing.

http://newsday.co.tt/businessday/0,193828.html

JF.K
Chronic TriniTuner

Postby JF.K » April 24th, 2014, 9:57 pm

brickman wrote:
New_SPECIES wrote:I don't know if it was posted before,

But anybody know where someone could buy a New BMOBLE Hotspot Battery (Franklyn Wireless).

Mine swelling like WOW!

That sh!t's messed up... It still working as it should though, but I think that just now the battery cover will not be able to close.

Carry it to one of their main offices with your contract form,the techs would change it for you.

Can anyone give an update on this?

Is it really necessary to have the contract form at hand for them to change the battery?
Or do they have the relevant info from your contract on their system?

Asking from those who might have recently gotten their battery changed...

brickman
18 pounds of Boost

Postby brickman » April 25th, 2014, 1:24 am

JF.K wrote:
brickman wrote:
New_SPECIES wrote:I don't know if it was posted before,

But anybody know where someone could buy a New BMOBLE Hotspot Battery (Franklyn Wireless).

Mine swelling like WOW!

That sh!t's messed up... It still working as it should though, but I think that just now the battery cover will not be able to close.

Carry it to one of their main offices with your contract form,the techs would change it for you.

Can anyone give an update on this?

Is it really necessary to have the contract form at hand for them to change the battery?
Or do they have the relevant info from your contract on their system?

Asking from those who might have recently gotten their battery changed...[/quote]

They always asked for that & my id so i would assume yes,changed 2 batteries when i had one.Dont think it will be an issue though once they check you info & its correct.

hustla_ambition101
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby hustla_ambition101 » April 25th, 2014, 6:15 am

I love the lead up to elections, all the goodies coming out

killercow
Riding on 17's

Postby killercow » September 6th, 2014, 11:16 pm

So on a good day this is what I get from my 2MB residential Blink package.
This has been like this for the past 4 months with absolutely no help from
TSTT. I have already made the decision to switch my ISP but in the meantime,
can anyone explain why this occurs / assist in rectifying this?
(I somehow get the feeling that's its just some setting I hadda modify in the
modem configuration but not too familiar with the ZHONE routers).

SpeedTest.jpg

volcanosnowstorm
3NE 2NR for life

Postby volcanosnowstorm » September 6th, 2014, 11:21 pm

killercow wrote:So on a good day this is what I get from my 2MB residential Blink package.
This has been like this for the past 4 months with absolutely no help from
TSTT. I have already made the decision to switch my ISP but in the meantime,
can anyone explain why this occurs / assist in rectifying this?
(I somehow get the feeling that's its just some setting I hadda modify in the
modem configuration but not too familiar with the ZHONE routers).

SpeedTest.jpg

Is it one of those modem/router combo unit things? You connected directly or over Wifi? Are you talking about one of those wireless 4g type boxes/dongles/pocket things? (that's the only 2MB package I'm seeing) Which one? If it is, what area? Do you have a phone with bmobile 4g? Are you getting the same kinds of speeds on that phone?

killercow
Riding on 17's

Postby killercow » September 6th, 2014, 11:30 pm

flipswitch5point wrote:Is it one of those modem/router combo unit things? You connected directly or over Wifi? Are you talking about one of those wireless 4g type boxes/dongles/pocket things? (that's the only 2MB package I'm seeing) Which one? If it is, what area? Do you have a phone with bmobile 4g? Are you getting the same kinds of speeds on that phone?

This is what I have.

6388_front_med.jpg

I'm in a residential area in Chaguanas and yea I'm getting those speeds on all devices.
Sometimes I can't even open up a page on phone / PC.
(And btw that speedtest was run over ethernet).

volcanosnowstorm
3NE 2NR for life

Postby volcanosnowstorm » September 6th, 2014, 11:44 pm

killercow wrote:I'm in a residential area in Chaguanas and yea I'm getting those speeds on all devices.

Ethernet through the router? Tried connecting the Ethernet line from the Line port on the router directly to a PC? If you're still getting the same speed when you do that, it's not a router issue, it's on Blink's end. If not, go to the diagnostics page on the router config page, post results. If all is still good there (all "PASS") then try a normal reset and/or restart from the routher config page, see if your IP changed (http://www.whatismyip.com/ or https://www.vpnmentor.com/tools/ipinfo/ - before and after). If that still doesn't work, try a hard reset - backup config (Management -> Settings -> Backup Settings) and try a hard reset - disconnect power hold reset button for 60 seconds, then still holding reset power up. Check again. If still not, then you can try resetting to factory defaults from router config page, restore the backup and check again.

Manual: http://www.zhone.com/support/manuals/do ... B23-10.pdf

volcanosnowstorm
3NE 2NR for life

Postby volcanosnowstorm » September 6th, 2014, 11:47 pm

BTW, this might be the wrong thread for this discussion... This thread is really for the 4g type devices (dongles, phones, wireless boxes, etc)

killercow
Riding on 17's

Postby killercow » September 7th, 2014, 10:00 am

flipswitch5point wrote:
killercow wrote:I'm in a residential area in Chaguanas and yea I'm getting those speeds on all devices.

Ethernet through the router? Tried connecting the Ethernet line from the Line port on the router directly to a PC? If you're still getting the same speed when you do that, it's not a router issue, it's on Blink's end. If not, go to the diagnostics page on the router config page, post results. If all is still good there (all "PASS") then try a normal reset and/or restart from the routher config page, see if your IP changed (http://www.whatismyip.com/ - before and after). If that still doesn't work, try a hard reset - backup config (Management -> Settings -> Backup Settings) and try a hard reset - disconnect power hold reset button for 60 seconds, then still holding reset power up. Check again. If still not, then you can try resetting to factory defaults from router config page, restore the backup and check again.

Manual: http://www.zhone.com/support/manuals/do ... B23-10.pdf

Tried all those suggestions with the exception of the hard reset. Will give it a try and let you know of the outcome. Thanks for the assistance though.

flipswitch5point wrote:BTW, this might be the wrong thread for this discussion... This thread is really for the 4g type devices (dongles, phones, wireless boxes, etc)

I ran a search but this thread was the only thread I saw that could have offered assistance.
If you know of another, then please guide me accordingly.

volcanosnowstorm
3NE 2NR for life

Postby volcanosnowstorm » September 7th, 2014, 10:04 am

flipswitch5point wrote:Tried connecting the Ethernet line from the Line port on the router directly to a PC? If you're still getting the same speed when you do that, it's not a router issue, it's on Blink's end.

So you got the same speed when you tried this?

killercow
Riding on 17's

Postby killercow » September 7th, 2014, 10:49 am

flipswitch5point wrote:So you got the same speed when you tried this?

Yup. Same speed. Strangely though since I woke up this morning till now it seems to be working fine.
Of course that's usually how it works from time to time. Since it's working now I won't
troubleshoot it just yet, but surely enough the problem will soon persist. So when that
happens I'll let you know if your suggestion of a hard reset worked.

volcanosnowstorm
3NE 2NR for life

Postby volcanosnowstorm » September 7th, 2014, 2:55 pm

If you got the same speed there, that means the problem shouldn't be the router (since that effectively bypasses the router). The problem could either be on Blink's end - which includes all wiring within your house, as well as from your house straight to their server (less likely). If your neighbours are having the same problems then it's likely not in your house, but if not, you could check all your wiring, connections (jack ends, etc) for shorts, pinched wiring, inside the box for loose screws (the terminal box for the phone wire - maybe clean the contacts there). Check the line filters as well (these will look like a small tapered box with a female jack and a short piece of wire with a male jack coming out of the box)

http://www.summitsource.com/images/products/AC147W.jpg

http://www.sterenusa.com/sites/default/ ... -261IV.jpg

Vulcan Engineering
Riding on 13's

Postby Vulcan Engineering » December 20th, 2014, 10:24 pm

My hotspot isn't connecting to the network over a week now. Im located in Trincity area. Is anyone else getting this problem?

kwasos
Street 2NR

Postby kwasos » December 20th, 2014, 10:27 pm

Tstt are replacing them with 4G devices, I already have the replacement
Attachments
1419128819726.jpg

Vulcan Engineering
Riding on 13's

Postby Vulcan Engineering » December 21st, 2014, 3:42 pm

kwasos wrote:Tstt are replacing them with 4G devices, I already have the replacement

Do I have I call them and request those?

kwasos
Street 2NR

Postby kwasos » December 21st, 2014, 3:44 pm

They delivered it via ttpost but you can still call tstt and check your mail.

Caribnomad
Street 2NR

TP-LINK 4G/LTE routers

Postby Caribnomad » April 16th, 2017, 11:54 am

Does anyone have experience of using the TP-LINK LTE routers on TSTT/BLINK/BMobile?

Someone is bringing me a TP-LINK TL-MR6400 which has a slot for an LTE SIM, and I am just not sure if it is going to work or not.

According to the website, this unit works on LTE bands 1, 3, 7, 8 and 20.
http://uk.tp-link.com/products/details/ ... ifications

bloodzbwoi
Ricer

Postby bloodzbwoi » September 12th, 2017, 5:06 pm

What i want to kno is, can the lte sim from the blink wimax work in an lte mobile phone for data purposes only. That will cut down d need to hav d box close by

Duane 3NE 2NR
Admin

Postby Duane 3NE 2NR » September 12th, 2017, 5:41 pm

bloodzbwoi wrote:What i want to kno is, can the lte sim from the blink wimax work in an lte mobile phone for data purposes only. That will cut down d need to hav d box close by

but then you won't be able to make calls

why the box needs to be so close?

bloodzbwoi
Ricer

Postby bloodzbwoi » September 12th, 2017, 6:17 pm

I dont want to make calls. Jus interested in d unlimited data but dont want to get another sim. I hav all d apps on my phone already its jus f data needed and i will get a me 2 for my digi sim for calls. And if im not home or close to a power outlet the box cant work.

Duane 3NE 2NR
Admin

Postby Duane 3NE 2NR » September 12th, 2017, 6:58 pm

bloodzbwoi wrote:I dont want to make calls. Jus interested in d unlimited data but dont want to get another sim. I hav all d apps on my phone already its jus f data needed and i will get a me 2 for my digi sim for calls. And if im not home or close to a power outlet the box cant work.

try swapping the SIM and see, it should work, let us know if it does, or doesn't

bloodzbwoi
Ricer

Postby bloodzbwoi » September 12th, 2017, 7:13 pm

Ok. I'll hav to get the sim cut

EFFECTIC DESIGNS
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby EFFECTIC DESIGNS » November 23rd, 2017, 10:27 pm

Anybody knows how much for those 2GB HSPA packages for the month? the ones they used to have for $150 a month is that still available?

What would be the cheapest option for internet on a smartphone at a location where WIFI isn't available?

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”