Forums

Coffee drinkers

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

volcanosnowstorm
3NE 2NR for life

Re: Coffee drinkers

Postby volcanosnowstorm » March 21st, 2017, 9:22 pm

Anyone know where I can get a Contigo West Loop locally? Or any other highly rated travel mug (preferably spill proof)

stev
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby stev » March 22nd, 2017, 4:51 pm

flipswitch5point wrote:Anyone know where I can get a Contigo West Loop locally? Or any other highly rated travel mug (preferably spill proof)

not sure about the Contigo West Loop but i've been using the Contigo travel mug from pricesmart a year+ now and it works well....completely sealed and easy to clean.

crazybalhead
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby crazybalhead » March 23rd, 2017, 9:22 am

Just finished some nice blue mountain in my Contigo from PM. Really does work well. Coffee stays hot real long and does not spill. Even when geeing fyaz. So I've heard.

uncle sam
punchin NOS

Postby uncle sam » March 23rd, 2017, 9:56 am

I need some good coffee in my life starbucks tasting watery these day

volcanosnowstorm
3NE 2NR for life

Postby volcanosnowstorm » March 23rd, 2017, 9:57 am

Thanks for the advice guys, checked PM Chaguanas, they had Image
Starbucks of course ($270tt)Image
Excellent stores Image
At the end, got a Bubba hero from a friend that seems superior to these, but not sure how it will compare to the contigo. Maybe next time. Again, appreciate the feedback!

slickrick777
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby slickrick777 » March 24th, 2017, 10:11 am

anyone has any experience with the Nescafe Dolce Gusto machine and coffees?...thinking of getting one, already have my keurig and vue machines but as the dolce gusto pods are locally available would be easier to get my supply quickly instead of always having to order pods for the keurig and vue machines!

originalbling
Chronic TriniTuner

Postby originalbling » March 24th, 2017, 10:32 am

afaik, the other pods won't work with the dolce gusto machines.
At launch they only had about 4-5 flavors of coffee. Not sure if there is a reusable pod available for these yet.

Dizzy28
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Dizzy28 » March 24th, 2017, 10:42 am

slickrick777 wrote:anyone has any experience with the Nescafe Dolce Gusto machine and coffees?...thinking of getting one, already have my keurig and vue machines but as the dolce gusto pods are locally available would be easier to get my supply quickly instead of always having to order pods for the keurig and vue machines!

One of my pardners addicted to Coffee and he bought this for Christmas. Had the Americano, Cappucino and Mocha ones from the machine. Not bad, however IMO there is no reason you can't make an Americano without a machine. The Mocha was a little too sweet for my liking and the Cappucino was ok as well.
Just remember, for the flavoured cups its actually half in a box as the other half comes with the Milk cups. (Black coffee is 8 the flavoured are 4)

slickrick777
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby slickrick777 » March 24th, 2017, 10:57 am

I'm a black coffee drinker so I don't care about the others...lol

shaha87
3NE 2NR for life

Postby shaha87 » March 24th, 2017, 11:04 am

flipswitch5point wrote:Anyone know where I can get a Contigo West Loop locally? Or any other highly rated travel mug (preferably spill proof)

Good luck finding it locally, the West Loop wasn't available at PM was the Pinnacle if i recall correctly and worked damn fantastic but wasn't compatible with the tea infuser which is pretty good if you don't want coffee all the time and drink loose tea leaves.

slickrick777 wrote:anyone has any experience with the Nescafe Dolce Gusto machine and coffees?...thinking of getting one, already have my keurig and vue machines but as the dolce gusto pods are locally available would be easier to get my supply quickly instead of always having to order pods for the keurig and vue machines!

There's refillable k-cups. Why not try those? Flavors are endless

slickrick777
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby slickrick777 » March 24th, 2017, 11:18 am

Yea but with refillable a you have to buy the different brands of coffee still...Whilst with the kcups you can buy assortments packs..The fact of the matter is it's hard to always have to order your cups flavors etc...Dats y I was looking into the gusto!

streetbeastINC.
punchin NOS

Postby streetbeastINC. » March 24th, 2017, 10:54 pm

The manner by which instant coffee is processed results in the product having acrylamide as well. Acrylamide is a chemical compound used by wastewater treatment facilities as well as papermaking and ore processing industries as a water-soluble thickener. Acrylamide forms in food when the latter is subjected to temperatures higher than 248 degrees Fahrenheit (120 degrees Celsius) during processing. Occupational exposure is associated with neurotoxicity, while dietary acrylamide has consistently shown to be carcinogenic in animal studies.

In humans, however, several epidemiological studies which utilized food frequency questionnaires have failed to establish a link between dietary acrylamide and cancer development. However, a Dutch study published in 2008 using biomarkers instead of food frequency questionnaires found positive association. After adjusting for smoking, which incidentally also results in exposure to the toxin, presence of acrylamide in the blood has shown to increase risk for ovarian and endometrial cancers in postmenopausal women.

Aside from acrylamide, instant coffee contains oxalates as well. Oxalates are organic acids found in plants, animals and humans. Individuals with the rare condition hyperoxaluria, which is characterized by excessive oxalates in the urine, are restricted from eating oxalate-containing foods and drinks like instant coffee.

Instant was getting me sick, switched to local brew, plus we have and old coffee plantation ....but never me and instant again...

Dizzy28
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Dizzy28 » May 8th, 2017, 9:35 am

1.jpg
1.jpg (32.71 KiB) Viewed 6153 times

Got these two mugs yesterday.
The Contigo is a twist seal with a ceramic interior so drinks don't taste like metal after a while.

The other I just found looked cool and happened to be made in God's people's land - Israel. Its a cork exterior to keep drinks hot and your hand cool in the shape and colour of takeout cups.

adnj
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby adnj » May 17th, 2017, 3:35 am

If you can taste the metal of a stainless steel coffee mug, you're not drinking your coffee fast enough.

crazybalhead
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby crazybalhead » May 18th, 2017, 2:42 pm

Monkey Man
Riding on 18's

Postby Monkey Man » May 18th, 2017, 2:55 pm

all this thread about coffee.

i mix two spoons coffee, and a half spoon of suger. then pour hot water in the cup about half way. then i stir.
i add cold water from the mug and mix it all up.
i gulp the entire cup down in a couple seconds.

the buzz is best

slickrick777
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby slickrick777 » November 18th, 2018, 2:50 pm

gonna test this out..lol...hope ah cud atleast wink after!

K74T
TunerGod

Postby K74T » November 18th, 2018, 3:07 pm

Tried this when it started popping up, tastes good.

Bought this the other day thinking it would be nice, man was I wrong. Would stick to either French Vanilla or Caramel Macchiato.

dregz
3NE 2NR for life

Postby dregz » November 18th, 2018, 3:34 pm

slickrick777 wrote:gonna test this out..lol...hope ah cud atleast wink after!

how was this?
it wukkin good?

slickrick777
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby slickrick777 » January 3rd, 2019, 2:50 pm

lol...it have some kick..it lives up to its name...trust me...lol

pugboy
TunerGod

Postby pugboy » January 3rd, 2019, 3:54 pm

if you looking for a serious kick just drink one of them bodybuilding preworkout nonsense
they have several times the recommended dose of caffeine etc

ProtonPowder
Shifting into 6th

Postby ProtonPowder » January 3rd, 2019, 4:01 pm

It also have copious amounts of alanine, carnitine and nitrates.

So yeah you go sit down with a caffeine kick, and also flush, warm and tingly all over for no reason.

pugboy
TunerGod

Postby pugboy » January 3rd, 2019, 5:07 pm

how you expect them gym trainers who selling the dope to be able to post pics of clients with 10-20lb loss per month ?

ProtonPowder wrote:It also have copious amounts of alanine, carnitine and nitrates.

So yeah you go sit down with a caffeine kick, and also flush, warm and tingly all over for no reason.

VexXx Dogg
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby VexXx Dogg » January 3rd, 2019, 6:26 pm

Sumatran coffee is smooth, mild and flavourful.
I don't like bitter, sour or acidic coffee.

As far as the cheap instant stuff goes, nescafe gold is a life saver.

My ideal cup is semi strong (1.5 x normal), sweetened with a tablespoon of dark brown sugar.

Since I try to cut down added sugar, I make do with a couple splenda instead but it ain't the same. Once in a while I enjoy my dark, broody sweetness. And coffee too.

nick639v2
30 pounds of Boost

Postby nick639v2 » January 3rd, 2019, 7:03 pm

No one on the cold brew scene?? It seems to be d new lil hype

ProtonPowder
Shifting into 6th

Postby ProtonPowder » January 4th, 2019, 12:30 am

VexXx Dogg wrote:Sumatran coffee is smooth, mild and flavourful.

My ideal cup is semi strong (1.5 x normal), sweetened with a tablespoon of dark brown sugar.

Since I try to cut down added sugar, I make do with a couple splenda instead but it ain't the same. Once in a while I enjoy my dark, broody sweetness. And coffee too.

The sumatran from nova or what? I dont really fancy the tobacco flavour in it at all jed. The colombian one nice though.

nick639v2 wrote:No one on the cold brew scene?? It seems to be d new lil hype

Cant seem to get the proper grind size for it with my grinder, and i does always forget it in when i actually try.

pugboy
TunerGod

Postby pugboy » January 4th, 2019, 5:53 am

What grinder you using ?

I also meant to try it for the longest while, more caffeine for sure

I have a gaggia grinder for sale if anybody interested

ProtonPowder
Shifting into 6th

Postby ProtonPowder » January 4th, 2019, 11:43 am

I just getting into the coffee scene, so i ordered a cheap manual grinder with the best reviews off of amazon. It was prolly about 25usd. It grinds evenly and is easy to take care of so no real complaints.

VexXx Dogg
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby VexXx Dogg » January 4th, 2019, 1:43 pm

ProtonPowder wrote:
VexXx Dogg wrote:Sumatran coffee is smooth, mild and flavourful.

The sumatran from nova or what? I dont really fancy the tobacco flavour in it at all jed. The colombian one nice though.

nick639v2 wrote:No one on the cold brew scene?? It seems to be d new lil hype

Cant seem to get the proper grind size for it with my grinder, and i does always forget it in when i actually try.

Can't remember the brand nah, that was back when I had like 20 bags of coffee in my kitchen, but then laziness kick in and I went back to nescafe gold because of instant gratification

Monkey Man
Riding on 18's

Postby Monkey Man » January 4th, 2019, 5:54 pm

Zcars??? OP is a faggatron.

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”