Forums

Know the law. Road laws of Trinidad and Tobago

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

Computerman
Riding on 18's

Re: Know the law. Road laws of Trinidad and Tobago

Postby Computerman » April 12th, 2013, 2:45 pm

TRAE wrote:well i was talking to a police brethren and he say how if you wanna contest the tint allegation, they can impound the vehicle and direct you to return when a licensing officer is around to make it official then hand you a ticket. if you take it off when they ask you get away from the ticket.
The police can do anything they want, even though it may be beyond their authority! You have to deal with it in court and report the abuse to the Police Complaints Authority. If they impound your vehicle for tint, that is beyond their authority!

Educate yourself, know the law, understand your rights! Take back your country through knowledge!

TRAE
punchin NOS

Postby TRAE » April 12th, 2013, 3:36 pm

Computerman wrote:
TRAE wrote:well i was talking to a police brethren and he say how if you wanna contest the tint allegation, they can impound the vehicle and direct you to return when a licensing officer is around to make it official then hand you a ticket. if you take it off when they ask you get away from the ticket.
The police can do anything they want, even though it may be beyond their authority! You have to deal with it in court and report the abuse to the Police Complaints Authority. If they impound your vehicle for tint, that is beyond their authority!

Educate yourself, know the law, understand your rights! Take back your country through knowledge!

you going that distance? people here does drag their feet unno, be prepared to runaround for more than a year

Computerman
Riding on 18's

Postby Computerman » April 12th, 2013, 4:25 pm

TRAE wrote:you going that distance? people here does drag their feet unno, be prepared to runaround for more than a year
Exactly why 99% of the population just accept the 'shaft without KY'! It's easier than trying to stand up for your rights. This leads to the abuser believing he/she can do you 'anything he/she wants to' because you will 'take it willingly'!

Computerman wrote:Educate yourself, know the law, understand your rights! Take back your country through knowledge!
This comment was not directed at you. I was making a general statement.

aad.tech
Riding on 13's

Postby aad.tech » September 11th, 2013, 11:36 pm

hey wanna know about the HID lights for the headlights, are they legal or which is legal other than d normal yellows ones

carsmob
Riding on 13's

Postby carsmob » September 27th, 2013, 10:47 am

what are the laws on clamps on vehicles by businesses are they legal

Trini_Steve
Riding on 13's

Postby Trini_Steve » November 10th, 2013, 9:51 am

"white LEDs for parklights are not illegal"

Looks like it illegal... because a police officer threaten to give me a ticket a few nights back.
He was asking me 'What color it reflecting?'
I was thinking what color its radiating?

Kenjo
punchin NOS

Postby Kenjo » November 10th, 2013, 10:48 am

By any chance are these reverse/ indicator LED tailgate strips legal?Image

Dion76
Trinituner Peong

Postby Dion76 » November 29th, 2013, 2:57 pm

guys, quick question. if a police issues you a ticket for an offense but the ticket has 4 errors.

1) the officer forgot to put in the fine/penalty for the charge

2) the time he put on the ticket is incorrect (offense happened at 12:40pm and he put 2:45 pm on the ticket)

3) the part of the ticket that says "this notice was given at (location where it happened) on 29th November 2014 at 2:50pm" it suppose to be 29th November 2013 at 12:40pm, he put the incorrect year

4) the part where the ticket says "should you fail to pay the fixed penalty you are hereby summoned to attend court on the" he put 13th February 2017 instead of 13th february 2014....

with all these errors should i go to pay the ticket or should i go to court? i don't even know how much the ticket is because he forgot to put that in also.

Hook
3NE 2NR Moderator

Postby Hook » November 29th, 2013, 3:28 pm

Timecop - he gives you future tickets.

Dion76
Trinituner Peong

Postby Dion76 » November 29th, 2013, 3:29 pm

Hook wrote:Timecop - he gives you future tickets.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

redmanjp
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby redmanjp » November 29th, 2013, 4:34 pm

Dion76 wrote:guys, quick question. if a police issues you a ticket for an offense but the ticket has 4 errors.

2) the time he put on the ticket is incorrect (offense happened at 12:40pm and he put 2:45 pm on the ticket)

3) the part of the ticket that says "this notice was given at (location where it happened) on 29th November 2014 at 2:50pm" it suppose to be 29th November 2013 at 12:40pm, he put the incorrect year

4) the part where the ticket says "should you fail to pay the fixed penalty you are hereby summoned to attend court on the" he put 13th February 2017 instead of 13th february 2014....

with all these errors should i go to pay the ticket or should i go to court? i don't even know how much the ticket is because he forgot to put that in also.

well i guess u have about 3 yrs to decide :lol:

what was the offence?

desifemlove
Trying to catch PATCH AND VEGA

Postby desifemlove » November 29th, 2013, 7:48 pm

Know the law? lol..

Is dis why drivers:

- get vex when yuh cross a minor road, and they're entering it? It's the law to wait until pedestrians cross but then "come nah man!" or "steups, quick ting nah girl..." or sometimes try to bounce yuh.. :lol: :lol:

- Cut traffic by driving on the shoulder, or reversing on the road itself if they miss a turning.

:lol: too many people buying licence..

Computerman
Riding on 18's

Postby Computerman » November 29th, 2013, 8:04 pm

Dion76 wrote:guys, quick question. if a police issues you a ticket for an offense but the ticket has 4 errors.

In a 1st world system that ticket would be thrown out (either in the courts or through the appropriate channels for querying such - depending on the country). In sweet T&T, with our antiquated colonial systems, they quite often amend the ticket to reflect the 'correct' information (after the fact)!

stingray316
3NE 2NR for life

Postby stingray316 » November 29th, 2013, 9:30 pm

Take it to court and watch how d magistrate does rough up dotish police. You safe, that will get thrown out in court...

ruffneck_12
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby ruffneck_12 » November 29th, 2013, 9:36 pm

u sure the man just cyar write properly and u misinterpret? LOL

Dion76
Trinituner Peong

Postby Dion76 » November 29th, 2013, 9:45 pm

i'll scan it tomorrow and upload it and you guys would tell me.

shottah_crew
Chronic TriniTuner

Postby shottah_crew » December 2nd, 2013, 3:59 pm

stingray316 wrote:Take it to court and watch how d magistrate does rough up dotish police. You safe, that will get thrown out in court...

Wrong.... many of the newer magistrates will accept the request to amend especially if you were sensible enuff to show up on the intended date inspite of the obvious error. The fact that the amount payable is missing however works in your favour as you are usually not allowed to pay the fine in the court registry in those circumstances.

If you mention that to the magistrate, that can be a game changer.

davesue
Riding on 13's

Postby davesue » January 2nd, 2014, 7:22 am

Please Assist:

On New Years Eve i was driving in the vicinity of Princes Town.

There was a routine road block checking for the miscelaneous things like insurance, license, lights etc.

A female officer asked me to turn on my brakes lights (in 12 noon sun) and when i did she came back to my driver side window and said "one of your brakes lights is not working, that is a ticket-able offence"

i acknowledged that it was an offence and expected her to tell me that i should go get it checked out.

About 2 minutes later another officer appeared at my window with a ticket in his hand.

I asked him why i got the ticket and he said "tail lights"

so i requested to find out which of the lights in the back was blown so i could have it taken care of. The male officer informed me i am within my rights to contest the ticket.

I turned on my lights and proceded to the back of the vehicle.

When at the back of the vehicle i took my hand and wiped each lens to find out that all 4 of my tail lights were working. I displayed this to the now 4 officers present including the female officer.

I was told by one of the officers that that was not the problem. He proceded to mash my brakes pedal (without my permission) and we saw 2 of the 4 lights get bright on opposite sides of the trunk.

I was beyond speechless and explained that that is the way the brakes lights work and that 2 are park lights.

one of the officers told me i was "being stupid and only contesting thing"

the female officer instructed one of the officers to "give him his documents and send him on his way" (that included a ticket)

TICKET DETAILS:
Car: B13
amount: $450
Reason: deffective fixtures

Am i in the wrong or should i go to court to fight the case?

Hook
3NE 2NR Moderator

Postby Hook » January 2nd, 2014, 11:55 am

If that's how your lights work, then contest it.

If however, all four bulb sockets are factory double-contact fixtures (brake and park lights on the same bulb), but the wrong bulbs are in two of them, or if they have been tampered with, you have no case.

humble.ute
Street 2NR

Postby humble.ute » February 27th, 2014, 1:54 am

I heard that if you have a trailer under a certain size it doesnt have to be licensed. Can anyone verify this and maybe tell me where I can find such specs because I have been looking.

rollingstock
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby rollingstock » February 27th, 2014, 2:37 am

Computerman wrote:

I know this an old post but it is here for anyone to read and possibly believe as truth.

YOU need to educate yourself and stop spewing 'facts' out your ass.

Sec 23 (1) (d) of the Motor Vehicle and Road Traffic Act states:

no motor vehicle the windscreen or any other window of which is fitted with glass so tinted, treated or
darkened as to obscure the view of the inside of the vehicle from the outside;
shall be used upon any road.

Hence your vehicle CAN be impounded for tint.

And since this particular section also deals with the licensing of motor vehicles and this would contravene the registration of the vehicle such vehicle can be deregistered at the behest of the Licensing Authority.

rollingstock
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby rollingstock » February 27th, 2014, 2:43 am

humble.ute wrote:I heard that if you have a trailer under a certain size it doesnt have to be licensed. Can anyone verify this and maybe tell me where I can find such specs because I have been looking.

This is your friend, acquaint yourself with it.

zoom rader
TunerGod

Postby zoom rader » February 27th, 2014, 4:42 am

humble.ute wrote:I heard that if you have a trailer under a certain size it doesnt have to be licensed. Can anyone verify this and maybe tell me where I can find such specs because I have been looking.

Only a pole trailer does not need a licence. Very few pole trailers in trini ,Tstt & ttec have them as extensions for long poles.
All other trailers, food, car, boat, horse, industrial ect needs licensing with fully working brakes within weight limits and tail lights.
Look up motor vehicle act its in there describing everything with size, weight, brakes, lights ect.
Very difficult to register a local trailer, lots of hassle and red tape . Have a licensing officer as a friend if you need to register this one.

SmokeyGTi
punchin NOS

Postby SmokeyGTi » February 27th, 2014, 7:20 am

davesue wrote:Please Assist:

On New Years Eve i was driving in the vicinity of Princes Town.

There was a routine road block checking for the miscelaneous things like insurance, license, lights etc.

A female officer asked me to turn on my brakes lights (in 12 noon sun) and when i did she came back to my driver side window and said "one of your brakes lights is not working, that is a ticket-able offence"

i acknowledged that it was an offence and expected her to tell me that i should go get it checked out.

About 2 minutes later another officer appeared at my window with a ticket in his hand.

I asked him why i got the ticket and he said "tail lights"

so i requested to find out which of the lights in the back was blown so i could have it taken care of. The male officer informed me i am within my rights to contest the ticket.

I turned on my lights and proceded to the back of the vehicle.

When at the back of the vehicle i took my hand and wiped each lens to find out that all 4 of my tail lights were working. I displayed this to the now 4 officers present including the female officer.

I was told by one of the officers that that was not the problem. He proceded to mash my brakes pedal (without my permission) and we saw 2 of the 4 lights get bright on opposite sides of the trunk.

I was beyond speechless and explained that that is the way the brakes lights work and that 2 are park lights.

one of the officers told me i was "being stupid and only contesting thing"

the female officer instructed one of the officers to "give him his documents and send him on his way" (that included a ticket)

TICKET DETAILS:
Car: B13
amount: $450
Reason: deffective fixtures

Am i in the wrong or should i go to court to fight the case?

All four bulbs are supposed to light brighter in B13's. do you have aftermarket lights?

Kenjo
punchin NOS

Postby Kenjo » February 27th, 2014, 8:35 am

Kenjo wrote:By any chance are these reverse/ indicator LED tailgate strips legal?Image

anyone can answer this please?

Galvatron
Sweet on this forum

Postby Galvatron » February 27th, 2014, 10:25 am

It is illegal to add lights to the front or rear of a vehicle.

Kenjo
punchin NOS

Postby Kenjo » February 27th, 2014, 10:27 am

K thanks

hustla_ambition101
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby hustla_ambition101 » February 27th, 2014, 4:16 pm

The should be, is a christmas tree you driving?

Twin Isle Cars n' Parts
Sweet on this forum

Postby Twin Isle Cars n' Parts » February 28th, 2014, 10:19 pm

What bout a seat belt charge whilst in heavy traffik @ a busy intersection when school's over...

stingray316
3NE 2NR for life

Postby stingray316 » March 20th, 2014, 6:46 am

Heard the news that they gonna start cracking down on modified vehicles. How does one go about registering their mods with lic office? Is it even possible to do dat?

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”