ZeroOne wrote:Links in first post dead.

Fixed....Thanks for the info

Rutless Tiida
Chronic TriniTuner

Re: Know the law. Road laws of Trinidad and Tobago

Postby Rutless Tiida » February 24th, 2011, 3:10 pm

White CZ4A wrote:ok so question.

this is a cellphone ban.
I have trucks that use Motorola two way radios. Is talking on these while driving illegal? Keeping with the fact that this is a "cellphone" ban.

See below

http://www.trinidadexpress.com/commenta ... 37344.html

{The new law is called the Motor Vehicles and Road Traffic (Mobile Devices) Regulations 2010. It creates three new traffic offences. First, it is provided as follows:
"No person shall drive or have charge of a motor vehicle on any road while holding or using a hand- held mobile device."

Mobile device means a mobile telephone or other device which performs interactive communication function by transmitting and receiving data. This additional prohibition is possibly meant to include any further variations of cellphones in the future that might not strictly be deemed "mobile" telephones.}

Therefore from my limited understanding of law a two way radio would be considered a mobile device and hence illegal. But of course I might be wrong.

ibanez
3NE 2NR for life

Postby ibanez » February 25th, 2011, 7:26 pm

is the increased fee for certified copy etc mentioned in any of these documents?

thanks

intruder
Street 2NR

Postby intruder » February 26th, 2011, 9:03 pm

GR8 info bro, I think something should be done on the harsh fines ($1000.00) for a blown headlight bulb- there are no guarantee on these electrical items! i have no problem paying a fine for that offence but not that ridiculus amount for something we have no control of. WE NEED TO ADDRESS THIS!!!!

redmanjp
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby redmanjp » March 2nd, 2011, 8:26 am

intruder wrote:GR8 info bro, I think something should be done on the harsh fines ($1000.00) for a blown headlight bulb- there are no guarantee on these electrical items! i have no problem paying a fine for that offence but not that ridiculus amount for something we have no control of. WE NEED TO ADDRESS THIS!!!!

yeah- just last night i was trying to replace the rear license plate bulbs only to find that they gave me a bigger bulb that cant fit- and i told them the make & model (Nissan AD wagon) i hope is not that they don't carry smaller bulbs anymore cause then i could get fine for not being able to get the proper bulb!

redmanjp
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby redmanjp » March 4th, 2011, 9:50 am

Rutless Tiida wrote:
White CZ4A wrote:ok so question.

this is a cellphone ban.
I have trucks that use Motorola two way radios. Is talking on these while driving illegal? Keeping with the fact that this is a "cellphone" ban.

See below

http://www.trinidadexpress.com/commenta ... 37344.html

{The new law is called the Motor Vehicles and Road Traffic (Mobile Devices) Regulations 2010. It creates three new traffic offences. First, it is provided as follows:
"No person shall drive or have charge of a motor vehicle on any road while holding or using a hand- held mobile device."

Mobile device means a mobile telephone or other device which performs interactive communication function by transmitting and receiving data. This additional prohibition is possibly meant to include any further variations of cellphones in the future that might not strictly be deemed "mobile" telephones.}

is having the engine on even though parked up on the side of a road considered having charge of a vehicle?

ck2wanker
Riding on 13's

Postby ck2wanker » April 28th, 2011, 9:55 am

Question for you if my driverlicense expired on monday is there any 'grace period' and also if i am stopped in a roadbloack what would be the consequences?

Aaron 2NR
2NR phototakerouter

Postby Aaron 2NR » April 28th, 2011, 9:59 am

^ you will be charged and someone with a valid permit would have to come get the vehicle....you have a grace period to not do over the driving test but you cannot drive on the roadways during this period

pete
3NE 2NR Moderator

Postby pete » April 28th, 2011, 10:01 am

They could seize your car, give you a ticket and make you travel.

ck2wanker
Riding on 13's

Postby ck2wanker » April 28th, 2011, 10:06 am

bless!!!!!

quaility
Street 2NR

Postby quaility » May 3rd, 2011, 10:52 pm

does any one know if hids are legal or not???? like the 6000k which are white??? help with this please..thanks

matthewmazda
Riding on 18's

Postby matthewmazda » May 4th, 2011, 2:37 am

Nice good info

*$kїđž!™
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby *$kїđž!™ » May 4th, 2011, 2:54 am

have you guys ever driven behind a car and realise that the car seems as though it slowing down but you not seeing any brake light?

All of a sudden the car stop and no brake light....Man I fed up of these ppl..........hit them the charges.....they so lazy to change their blown tail light bulb

I think this is a ploy for others to ram into their car from behind so they could get money to do a body work........

nervewrecker
3NE 2NR Power Seller

Postby nervewrecker » May 4th, 2011, 8:03 am

^^^

I introduce them to my high beam.

cinco
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby cinco » May 4th, 2011, 8:10 am

what i does want to do is introduce them to a hammer
let them have to look for 800 dollar new lenses instead of 6 dollar bulbs

nervewrecker
3NE 2NR Power Seller

Postby nervewrecker » May 4th, 2011, 8:14 am

I hadda get some ball bearing slugs to put on my wiper blades. when I spot an a$$hole, pull to the left of him, flick orn zeee wipers :mrgreen:

cinco
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby cinco » May 4th, 2011, 8:22 am

dont waste ball bearings
just keep the ceramic bits off the spark plug just as effective and everyone has old plugs

hot blue
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby hot blue » May 5th, 2011, 9:12 pm

didn't get a chance to read it properly yet, but does anyone know if it's illegal to drive with your park lights on during the day? A policeman told me that in a roadblock.

*$kїđž!™
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby *$kїđž!™ » May 5th, 2011, 11:42 pm

yeah there is a time limit for when lights should be turned on and off...

they usually publish the times ever so often in the newspapers...

musicman
Ricer

Postby musicman » May 30th, 2011, 7:58 pm

I went tt transfer a vehicle went through the process but when time tt pay cashier co strike went back three times after thaat same problem question is there a time period to pay fees to transfer

shogun
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby shogun » May 30th, 2011, 11:45 pm

Nigson wrote:have you guys ever driven behind a car and realise that the car seems as though it slowing down but you not seeing any brake light?

All of a sudden the car stop and no brake light....Man I fed up of these ppl..........hit them the charges.....they so lazy to change their blown tail light bulb

I think this is a ploy for others to ram into their car from behind so they could get money to do a body work........

Haha....i hate that sh!t.

Bizzare
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Bizzare » May 31st, 2011, 12:06 am

Each vehicle must maintain a distance of 3 car lengths between each other. If you're doing so, you'll most likely never encounter any problems, even if the vehicle in front has malfunctioning tail lights.
Thats why you're almost always wrong when you hit from behind.

3 car lengths + 80 km/hr = Enough time to brake and no excuses

Jonathan
Sweet on this forum

Postby Jonathan » May 31st, 2011, 8:51 am

Nigson wrote:yeah there is a time limit for when lights should be turned on and off...

they usually publish the times ever so often in the newspapers...

A good rule of thumb is to turn on your headlights half an hour before sunset, and to turn them off a half hour after sunrise..

Hook
3NE 2NR Moderator

Postby Hook » May 31st, 2011, 9:42 am

musicman wrote:I went tt transfer a vehicle went through the process but when time tt pay cashier co strike went back three times after thaat same problem question is there a time period to pay fees to transfer

WHAAAAAA???

Bizzare wrote:Each vehicle must maintain a distance of 3 car lengths between each other. If you're doing so, you'll most likely never encounter any problems, even if the vehicle in front has malfunctioning tail lights.
Thats why you're almost always wrong when you hit from behind.

3 car lengths + 80 km/hr = Enough time to brake and no excuses

stay 3 car lengths behind anybody on the highway and see two cars try to fit een nuh

phreakazoid
Trinituner Peong

Postby phreakazoid » May 31st, 2011, 8:14 pm

So I just heard that the Police will be on roads tomorrow issuing $5000 dollar tickets for no/expired vehicle inspections.....just a little heads up ppl.

Here is a link with regards to motor vehicle inspection (pg.135)... I can't seem to get a newer version or maybe just too lazy to search....

http://rgd.legalaffairs.gov.tt/Laws2/Al ... /48.50.pdf

Michael Knight...
Riding on 17's

Postby Michael Knight... » June 1st, 2011, 9:11 am

Jonathan wrote:A good rule of thumb is to turn on your headlights half an hour before sunset, and to turn them off a half hour after sunrise..

Some people don't quite understand this yet because on mornings way after half six you see people with high beams on driving around as if it's too dark. Yet at night there are the occasional idiots who drive with lights off.

phreakazoid wrote:So I just heard that the Police will be on roads tomorrow issuing $5000 dollar tickets for no/expired vehicle inspections.

May I ask where you got this information?

TM MAD
Riding on 13's

Postby TM MAD » August 15th, 2011, 1:03 am

ek4ever wrote:ok....from 28 )(m)
(i) every motor vehicle shall be equipped with a minimum of two lamps at the front of the vehicle, one on each side to the satisfaction of the Licensing Authority. When a motor vehicle is in motion on a road at night, the lamps at the front of the vehicle shall be lighted, and the rays from the lamps shall be of a type approved by the Licensing Authority

What are the approved rays? Cause as far as these sections on lighting are concerned, white LEDs for parklights are not illegal

GOOD TO KNOW

TM MAD
Riding on 13's

Re:

Postby TM MAD » August 15th, 2011, 1:06 am

Rutless Tiida wrote:quotes from MOTOR VEHICLES AND ROAD TRAFFIC REGULATIONS

Weight shown in certain cases. (28 )(h)

every goods vehicle, motor omnibus or trailer shall have its tare and M.G.W. painted in white figures and letters not less than sixty-five millimetres in height upon a black ground on a conspicuous place on the right or off side of such vehicle to be specified by the Transport Officer. Such weights shall be expressed in kilogrammes.

Unauthorised lights. (28 )(k)

there shall not be affixed to the front of a motor vehicle any lighted lamp other than the headlights and side lights except with the approval in writing of the Licensing Authority, nor to the rear of a motor vehicle or trailer any lighted lamp other than the red light prescribed by these Regulations except as permitted by paragraph (m)(iii) of this regulation.

(28 )(m)
(i) every motor vehicle shall be equipped with a minimum of two lamps at the front of the vehicle, one on each side to the satisfaction of the Licensing Authority. When a motor vehicle is in motion on a road at night, the lamps at the front of the vehicle shall be lighted, and the rays from the lamps shall be of a type approved by the Licensing Authority and, if the vehicle is capable of proceeding at a speed greater than thirty kilometres per hour, of such intensity as to illuminate the road ahead for a distance of at least ninety-five metres or such greater distance as is sufficient to ensure the safety of the vehicle and the persons carried on the vehicle, and to indicate clearly the presence of the vehicle to approaching traffic. However, a motorcycle shall show one such lamp as aforesaid, but if a sidecar is attached to the motorcycle, there shall be shown on that side of the side-car not
adjacent to the motorcycle, an additional light of sufficient intensity to indicate the
presence of the side-car from a reasonable distance to approaching traffic;

(ii) save as is contained in regulation 92, when stationary on a road at night every motor vehicle and every trailer not attached to a motor vehicle shall show two lights in front, one at each side, of sufficient intensity to
indicate the presence of the motor vehicle or trailer from a reasonable distance to
approaching traffic; but a motorcycle not attached to a side-car shall show one such light as aforesaid;

(iii) save as provided elsewhere in these Regulations, every motor vehicle or trailer
when on a road at night, whether in motion or stationary shall carry at least two lamps each showing a red light to the rear, of such intensity as to indicate clearly within a reasonable distance its presence on the road to traffic approaching from behind. There shall also be fitted lamps of such construction showing an uncoloured light of such intensity as to clearly illuminate the figures and numbers on the rear
identification plate. Except as aforesaid, no other lamp shall be carried to the rear of the vehicle without the special written permission of the Licensing Authority.
Where a trailer is attached to a tractor it will be sufficient if one such lamp as aforesaid is carried at the rear of the trailer only;

(iv) no spot lights or other similar swivelling lamps shall be carried on any motor vehicle without the authority of the Licensing Authority, who may authorise such lights at his discretion and subject to such conditions as he may impose;

(v) in addition to the foregoing provisions as to lamps to be carried, motor omnibuses shall also carry a lighted lamp on the inside top of the hood showing a white light visible within a reasonable distance in all directions;

(vi) in the case of motor omnibuses and goods vehicles, when either of the lamps referred to in subparagraph (i) hereof is placed in such a position that the distance of the centre of the lamp from the extreme outside point of the vehicle on its appropriate side exceeds three hundred millimetres, two additional lamps shall be fitted at the front of the said vehicle one on each side so that its centre shall not
exceed the aforesaid distance of three hundred millimetres, and so as clearly to indicate the width of the vehicle to approaching traffic; the said lamps shall be focussed below the horizontal and shall exhibit a light of sufficient power only to indicate the width of the vehicle.

Right so that should cover all questions with lights on you vehicle.

NICE

Rutless Tiida
Chronic TriniTuner

Postby Rutless Tiida » September 28th, 2011, 5:41 pm

Emergency Powers Regulations

http://www.news.gov.tt/E-Gazette/Gazett ... 202011.pdf

Clause 15b deals with searching vehicles

scoobert_doo
Sweet on this forum

Postby scoobert_doo » October 3rd, 2011, 5:54 pm

looking for any information about vehicle tint in road laws..can anyone lead me in the right direction??

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”