Forums

:: The official TOOLS thread ::

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

Rovin
TriniTuner 24-7

Re: :: The official TOOLS thread ::

Postby Rovin » February 5th, 2019, 5:57 pm

i actually bought a freud 1/4" upcut spiral bit about 2mths ago , havent used it yet & have on order same but with double bearing at d end so its a flush cut bit ....

pugboy
TunerGod

Postby pugboy » February 5th, 2019, 7:04 pm

They don’t make thicker though
Like 1/4” shaft 3/8 cutting spiral

ChristianRD
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby ChristianRD » February 7th, 2019, 2:58 pm

Anyone knows where I cud get a GOOD quality bolt extractor set ?

Chimera
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Chimera » February 8th, 2019, 8:06 am

check this out

https://www.amazon.com/XtremepowerUS-22 ... ammer&th=1

pretty good reviews for the price

car
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby car » February 8th, 2019, 8:36 am

Rovin wrote:i have a bosch trim router a few yrs going , works good

may order another router , i dont like to stop working to change out bits

i read in a youtube comment a while back how a guy has 35 routers : 1 for each type of bit he uses .... i eh so extreme , i mainly use about 5 types of bits

I have 3 routers and still get fed up of changing bits. Told myself I’m not going to buy any more routers except 1 more.

Rovin
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Rovin » February 8th, 2019, 10:54 am

got 3 too & from me looking at very near future stuff im gonna do i def need at least 1 more possibly 2

when u look at it depending at what u gonna do & how often u really need a few , kinda like drills - got about 10 ...

pugboy
TunerGod

Postby pugboy » February 9th, 2019, 6:29 am

I have 2 cordless hammer drills and an old one I used for driving screws
recently got an impact driver so I good now, never thought I would need one but prefer it for screws now

Rovin wrote:got 3 too & from me looking at very near future stuff im gonna do i def need at least 1 more possibly 2

when u look at it depending at what u gonna do & how often u really need a few , kinda like drills - got about 10 ...

Rovin
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Rovin » February 9th, 2019, 11:54 am

i myself recently bought d non fuel m12 milwaukee drill\impact combo about 2mths ago

already own 2 18v dewalt cordless drills non hammer 5yrs old - that was waaay b4 lithium came out , lil heavy but works well [somehow i feel d batts living out its life] .... but after reading & seeing so many ppl talk about impact i decided to give it a try , only when u have 1 u see d benefits , d clacking lil annoying at 1st but u get used to it fast , really sends down them screws with ease & not weighty on ur hands like d bigger non lit tools of d past

nowadays i see they making a lit batt version of ALL tools , from table saw to jackhammer to chopsaw etc has a lit version for ppl working where there is no current or prefer d hassle of not using a cord ...

pugboy
TunerGod

Postby pugboy » February 9th, 2019, 12:03 pm

yeah the main market was for cordless drills/hammer/impact
that has pretty much become saturated
regular corded drills will soon be antiques

so the new market is all other tools and using double batteries for increased voltage and power

Ted_v2
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Ted_v2 » February 9th, 2019, 10:07 pm

the m12 line is the most impressive, alot of power for such a small battery. have m12 and m18, dewalts are excellent, once the motor temps go up battery dies super fast.

M_2NR
not Admin

:: The official TOOLS thread ::

Postby M_2NR » February 9th, 2019, 10:25 pm

adnj wrote:
M_2NR wrote:Tool Store (L&G) in POS has the Toro blowers (originally $300) on a sorta sale for $150. Limited stock. They are not in box because the box was damaged. The blowers working great still though. At $150 that is more than a steal.
I meant to say thanks for posting this earlier. I had been planning on buying one and your post came up just in time.

Heard they’re all gone and the price went right back up. Not a problem padna. Glad u GT.

On another “lighter” note. I was looking for a magnetic light and a good headlight. I gave up looking locally as they were either out of stock or not available at the time. Got these on amazon and they work well:

LED Work Light, Coquimbo COB Rechargeable Work Lights with Magnetic Base 360°Rotate and 5 Modes Bright LED Flashlight Inspection Light for Car Repair, Household and Emergency Use (2 Pack, 27x4.5cm) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07G9X19G1/re ... xCbTD1FS68
(Got the large; reallll handy when working on the car in all places)

Foxelli Headlamp Flashlight - 165 Lumen, 3 x AAA Batteries Operated, Bright White Cree Led + Red Light, Perfect for Runners, Lightweight, Waterproof, Adjustable Headband, 3 AAA Batteries Included https://www.amazon.com/dp/B014JUMTXM/re ... xCbYC0GVG6
Bright little bugger.

If you guys on your phone and are a bit lazy to use camelcamelcamel, you can use price pulse app to track prices on amazon btw.

Quickly question. I got the makita lxt drill impact kit and it came with some decent 3.0Ah batteries. I saw on eBay that there are reconditioned nobrand batteries on sale. Any one ever tried those? Or better I don’t chinks on batteries...

adnj
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby adnj » February 10th, 2019, 5:38 pm

I'm looking for heavy duty disposable nitrile gloves locally. I want 8 or 9 mil thick gloves. All that I've seen are 4 or 5 mil thickness. SSL carried them before but are now out of stock (supposedly).

I would prefer to buy in the North but any help would be appreciated.

https://shopssltt.com/safety/ppe/gloves/latex-nitrile/glove-nitrile-orange-xl

M_2NR wrote:Quick question. I got the makita lxt drill impact kit and it came with some decent 3.0Ah batteries. I saw on eBay that there are reconditioned nobrand batteries on sale. Any one ever tried those? Or better I don’t chinks on batteries...

There is nothing wrong with buying aftermarket batteries but the cell quality is what you want to know about. The good companies will advertise or tell you the manufacturer and reserve rating or the individual cell.

I opened OEM battery packs from DeWalt and saw cells in them that could not be purchased for less than the cost of the new pack. YMMV.
Last edited by adnj on February 10th, 2019, 5:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

pugboy
TunerGod

Postby pugboy » February 10th, 2019, 8:03 pm

Before 18650 li-on cells became popular
The first lithium pack dewalt used to sell was a 36v
It was made up of an early lithium type a123 cell
Those are very strong cells but bulkier and lower voltage.
Many would buy those packs to salvage the cells to use elsewhere.

eurotuner
12 pounds of Boost

Postby eurotuner » February 14th, 2019, 12:25 am

Anybody know were I can get one like this locally?
Screenshot_20190214-000753_Amazon%20Shopping.jpeg

Ted_v2
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Ted_v2 » February 14th, 2019, 8:48 pm

na, anyone know where i could get some torque wrenches locally?

adnj
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby adnj » February 14th, 2019, 8:54 pm

Ted_v2 wrote:na, anyone know where i could get some torque wrenches locally?
SSL had some the last time that I looked.

car
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby car » February 14th, 2019, 9:04 pm

M_2NR wrote:
adnj wrote:
M_2NR wrote:Tool Store (L&G) in POS has the Toro blowers (originally $300) on a sorta sale for $150. Limited stock. They are not in box because the box was damaged. The blowers working great still though. At $150 that is more than a steal.
I meant to say thanks for posting this earlier. I had been planning on buying one and your post came up just in time.

Heard they’re all gone and the price went right back up. Not a problem padna. Glad u GT.

On another “lighter” note. I was looking for a magnetic light and a good headlight. I gave up looking locally as they were either out of stock or not available at the time. Got these on amazon and they work well:

LED Work Light, Coquimbo COB Rechargeable Work Lights with Magnetic Base 360°Rotate and 5 Modes Bright LED Flashlight Inspection Light for Car Repair, Household and Emergency Use (2 Pack, 27x4.5cm) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07G9X19G1/re ... xCbTD1FS68
(Got the large; reallll handy when working on the car in all places)

Foxelli Headlamp Flashlight - 165 Lumen, 3 x AAA Batteries Operated, Bright White Cree Led + Red Light, Perfect for Runners, Lightweight, Waterproof, Adjustable Headband, 3 AAA Batteries Included https://www.amazon.com/dp/B014JUMTXM/re ... xCbYC0GVG6
Bright little bugger.

If you guys on your phone and are a bit lazy to use camelcamelcamel, you can use price pulse app to track prices on amazon btw.

Quickly question. I got the makita lxt drill impact kit and it came with some decent 3.0Ah batteries. I saw on eBay that there are reconditioned nobrand batteries on sale. Any one ever tried those? Or better I don’t chinks on batteries...

Bought some no name brand batteries for my cordless Dremel as they were cheaper than the original. Works and have about the same capacity as the originals. I ain’t use it long enough to give a review about the lifespan.

supercharged turbo
punchin NOS

Postby supercharged turbo » February 17th, 2019, 8:55 pm

ChristianRD wrote:Anyone knows where I cud get a GOOD quality bolt extractor set ?
SSL has a nice Irwin set for 2 something

supercharged turbo
punchin NOS

Postby supercharged turbo » February 17th, 2019, 8:56 pm

Anybody know where I could get a good reciprocating saw locally or it cheaper to import?Have ah car to chop up

Parvin
I LUV THIS PLACE

Postby Parvin » February 17th, 2019, 9:30 pm

Looking for a good quality impact gun for home garage use.

I'd like to know if I should get the corded or cordless.

Ted_v2
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Ted_v2 » February 17th, 2019, 10:59 pm

cordless one time, no sense in corded tools these days. the kind of stuff my m18 mid torque could do, i could only do that with a IR gun and 60 gallons +135PSI behind it. plus i could fit it in my backseat and carry all over.

got on a deal at SSL for just over 2k for a 2ah and 5ah battery. Saw recently its like 3600 in allied i think?

supercharged, allied have a HUGE milwaukee for 900, Im going to get a m18 one tho, but i use on similar in work, monster thing yes, ress down and squeeze and u sawing thru 2x2 hollow section like butter.

recently i noticed allied prices getting much better than L&G for milwaukee tools, L&G does give good warranty tho.

hindian
I LUV THIS PLACE

Postby hindian » February 18th, 2019, 1:18 am

I have a corded 1/2 " impact gun MasterCraft is the brand and it works well enough for what I use it for eg taking off tyres, axle nuts and the like. Bought cord because I don't have that much work to warrant the cordless and besides, the nearest wall outlet is 6' ft away so it doh bother me much. I guess it depends on what you want to do with it. For anything that it can't loosen I got a 4' breaker bar lol

supercharged turbo
punchin NOS

Postby supercharged turbo » February 18th, 2019, 11:08 am

What price
Ted_v2 wrote:cordless one time, no sense in corded tools these days. the kind of stuff my m18 mid torque could do, i could only do that with a IR gun and 60 gallons +135PSI behind it. plus i could fit it in my backseat and carry all over.

got on a deal at SSL for just over 2k for a 2ah and 5ah battery. Saw recently its like 3600 in allied i think?

supercharged, allied have a HUGE milwaukee for 900, Im going to get a m18 one tho, but i use on similar in work, monster thing yes, ress down and squeeze and u sawing thru 2x2 hollow section like butter.

recently i noticed allied prices getting much better than L&G for milwaukee tools, L&G does give good warranty tho.
Whats the average price for a cordless sawzall?I don't have any cordless Milwaukee tools but now would be a good time to start

Chimera
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Chimera » February 18th, 2019, 11:14 am

Milwaukee 2520-20 M12 Fuel Hackzall Bare Tool
by Milwaukee
4.6 out of 5 stars 59 customer reviews | 20 answered questions
Price: $114.99 & FREE Shipping
Pay $20.53/mo. for 6 months (Est. total $123.16). Learn more
Note: Not eligible for Amazon Prime. Available with free Prime shipping from other sellers on Amazon.
One-handed design provides superior control & versatility over a standard recip saw
Compact size allows for cutting in tight spaces, and light weight makes overhead work easier
POWERSTATE Brushless Motor Supplies constant power for faster cuts and reduced heat for extended life
REDLINK PLUS Intelligence Provides optimized performance and overload protection using total system communication between tool, battery and charger
› See more product details

this thing is a little beast

there is the m18 version as well

https://www.amazon.com/Milwaukee-2719-2 ... 8+hackzall

car
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby car » February 18th, 2019, 11:43 am

supercharged turbo wrote:Anybody know where I could get a good reciprocating saw locally or it cheaper to import?Have ah car to chop up

Message me. I have one that used 2x. Dewalt corded. Like new. 4642147

Ted_v2
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Ted_v2 » February 18th, 2019, 1:04 pm

Pm me ur est price. If he doesn't take it

Sent from my GT-I9060C using TriniTuner mobile app

X_Factor
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby X_Factor » February 18th, 2019, 5:34 pm

amazon haz the corded porter cable impact wrench that is awesome and very powerful and I think it will cost under 1000 via seabox

Defiant
Ricer

Postby Defiant » February 19th, 2019, 11:55 am

Corded impact guns are big and bulky, the cordless options are impressive and compact so you can jack up a car and work on suspension bolts where as a corded will need the car to be really high to work on. Makes my Milwaukee corded look like a dinosaur, bought it yrs ago to do axles and shocks on my car which it does without fail. But I am confident I will make a reason/excuse to buy a cordless impact.

car
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby car » February 19th, 2019, 3:03 pm

Defiant wrote:Corded impact guns are big and bulky, the cordless options are impressive and compact so you can jack up a car and work on suspension bolts where as a corded will need the car to be really high to work on. Makes my Milwaukee corded look like a dinosaur, bought it yrs ago to do axles and shocks on my car which it does without fail. But I am confident I will make a reason/excuse to buy a cordless impact.

I have the corded also. The ting big like arse but powerful.

X_Factor
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby X_Factor » February 20th, 2019, 9:39 pm

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B006Q ... UTF8&psc=1

have a pair of that for sale new

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”