TriniTuner.com  |  Latest Event:  

Forums

On the topic of SQUATTERS in Trinidad & Tobago

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

*KRONIK*
TriniTuner 24-7

Re: Will ANY government stand up against Squatting?

Postby *KRONIK* » October 28th, 2015, 9:15 pm

Twin Isle Cars n' Parts wrote:
shake d livin wake d dead wrote:Look at the people who make up the squatting community.what type of jobs do they hold? You all really think they could afford to buy land that is 200k and up and still build something after?

This is one of d main reasons why people squat ...

You ever noticed many of those squatters have a PC-something or PD- something parked in their area, or the state's as it may be? How can they afford these then?

This...
Dem squatters on the toco road have all kinda PC & PD series cars

EFFECTIC DESIGNS
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby EFFECTIC DESIGNS » October 29th, 2015, 1:31 am

BRZ wrote:^^^ Carrera ISland Has ROOM! throw them there or DEPORT them- I'm sure half of them cant prove they are trini.

Anytime you propose something that is unpleasant to criminals, the Chief Justice stands up and says that idea churns his stomach. Its a liberal progressive issue we currently dealing with, Liberal Lawmakers and Judges believe people turn to crime because they have no other option in life and as such we cannot fault them for doing so because we not in their shoes. so put it this way you not in the shoes of those squatters, they are not as fortunate as you (Even though some of them driving BMW), they are lazier than you, you cannot expect the same of them as you would of yourself. Not saying I agree with this nonsense liberal logic but thats the way the world is.

There is a positive to this though, 99% of people in this country who owns land allows it to become abandoned in bush and hence nuisance to neighbors. Imagine you living next door to empty land and the owner refuses to cut the grass but want to horde the land. One set ah blasted rat and snake living in the bush, place for bandit to hide for a strike. It better of a squatter build a house on that land and takes care of the bush.

So you see how it works out for everyone?

RASC
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby RASC » October 29th, 2015, 3:35 am

Twin Isle Cars n' Parts wrote:
shake d livin wake d dead wrote:Look at the people who make up the squatting community.what type of jobs do they hold? You all really think they could afford to buy land that is 200k and up and still build something after?

This is one of d main reasons why people squat ...

You ever noticed many of those squatters have a PC-something or PD- something parked in their area, or the state's as it may be? How can they afford these then?

...and you selling to them?

Twin Isle Cars n' Parts
Sweet on this forum

Postby Twin Isle Cars n' Parts » October 29th, 2015, 6:28 am

rspann wrote:Rasc,You are either an as shole or you just dunce

You do such a great job demonstrating this...keep it up Bro!

BRZ
Riding on 16's

Postby BRZ » October 29th, 2015, 8:28 am

Just curious but what percentage of Beetham gardens do you think or know is Squatters?

If a majority of the land is squatters then maybe these should be demolished and a few apartment bulidings should be erected there and govt can use these as LOW cost housing units, and the current squatters will also be given a chance to own one at a cost too.

Slartibartfast
punchin NOS

Postby Slartibartfast » October 29th, 2015, 8:32 am

I actually agree that a lot of them do it just because they can get away with it. All I'm saying is that if something was to be implemented to deal with them they would need to be very careful to not punish people simply for being poor. Not every poor person is poor by choice and as a person they share the same entitlements as everyone else (i.e. food, shelter, clothes and water)

The_Honourable
TriniTuner 24-7

Re: On the topic of SQUATTERS in Trinidad & Tobago

Postby The_Honourable » June 14th, 2017, 8:28 pm

Owner wants his land...

Police & tractor move eeen:

nervewrecker
3NE 2NR Power Seller

Postby nervewrecker » June 15th, 2017, 7:59 am

The_Honourable wrote:Owner wants his land...

Police & tractor move eeen:

This the gunta from south oropouche?

The_Honourable
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby The_Honourable » June 15th, 2017, 12:44 pm

nervewrecker wrote:This the gunta from south oropouche?

I believe so. From the fb comment section, the Partaps want their land.

nervewrecker
3NE 2NR Power Seller

Postby nervewrecker » June 15th, 2017, 6:17 pm

The_Honourable wrote:

Not sure if thats partap land.
Some big boy with political links developing that area (if is the same area) and was out of the country for awhile. People start to grab land and build because the squatters setting a precedence on Murtle Partap side where as shacks broken down they being rebuilt.
They devaluing land price when they keep coming in there.

Homie said he there 60 years now....he look like 60? Russell playing in he ass sharing that vid.

The_Honourable
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby The_Honourable » June 15th, 2017, 8:11 pm

nervewrecker wrote: Not sure if thats partap land.
Some big boy with political links developing that area (if is the same area) and was out of the country for awhile. People start to grab land and build because the squatters setting a precedence on Murtle Partap side where as shacks broken down they being rebuilt.
They devaluing land price when they keep coming in there.

Homie said he there 60 years now....he look like 60? Russell playing in he ass sharing that vid.

Thanks for the clarity. Study the comment section, real jokey:

- Look how much police, dey advantageous! (Well is a court order... they just doing their job)

- After d man spend time and money to build, dey now breaking it down. Should have stopped him from the start! (Yes but if the squatter troublesome and you need the court, legal process lengthy while the man expanding.)

- The owner wicked! He not going in his grave with the land. (True but while the owner is alive, respect his/her possessions)

- PNM want poor people to suffer (How PNM reach in dis? Is private land, not state)

- The queen take land from the indigenous people. (Complain to the queen :lol: )

- The white people keeping us Israelites in sin (We are all born in sin... amen)

nervewrecker
3NE 2NR Power Seller

Postby nervewrecker » June 16th, 2017, 7:42 am

I just smh

Monkey Man
Riding on 18's

Postby Monkey Man » June 16th, 2017, 10:47 am

BRZ wrote:Just curious but what percentage of Beetham gardens do you think or know is Squatters?

If a majority of the land is squatters then maybe these should be demolished and a few apartment bulidings should be erected there and govt can use these as LOW cost housing units, and the current squatters will also be given a chance to own one at a cost too.

airuma
I LUV THIS PLACE

Postby airuma » June 16th, 2017, 5:56 pm

The_Honourable wrote:

You mean the Partap's want them off thier land. The Partap's should not have to want what they rightfully own.
This squatter issue is a real complex one. I know of people who have a big house and big children with their own house and they start planting on cane land. Next they fence it. Then they build a shack. On the particular piece of land right now has a warehouse with electric fence and thing. I also know people who got low cost housing to rent it out.
These people have no shame, consideration or conscience!

nervewrecker
3NE 2NR Power Seller

Postby nervewrecker » June 16th, 2017, 6:50 pm

airuma wrote:
The_Honourable wrote:

You mean the Partap's want them off thier land. The Partap's should not have to want what they rightfully own.
This squatter issue is a real complex one. I know of people who have a big house and big children with their own house and they start planting on cane land. Next they fence it. Then they build a shack. On the particular piece of land right now has a warehouse with electric fence and thing. I also know people who got low cost housing to rent it out.
These people have no shame, consideration or conscience!

Thats the boodhai's (highway reroute crew). They built on state land and was only getting small compensation money as opposed to others whom owned land.

The_Honourable
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby The_Honourable » April 11th, 2019, 4:15 pm

Squatter fined $50,000 for illegal house

A POINT FORTIN woman has to fork out $51,000 to pay as a fine or go to jail for building a house on state lands where she has been living for the past six years.

Elizabeth Guishard, 47, began squatting in a ten-by-ten-foot house on Pundit Street, Cap-de-Ville, in 2013. She went on to construct a kitchen, then a concrete floor.

A building inspector from Point Fortin Borough Corporation served notice on her in 2017 that she had violated Section 159 of the Municipal Corporation Act.

A magistrate in the Point Fortin court found Guishard guilty and fined her $1,500 or in default three months' simple imprisonment, and also ordered the house demolished.

Guishard appealed on the ground that the sentence was too severe.

More: https://newsday.co.tt/2019/04/11/squatt ... egal-house

Dizzy28
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Dizzy28 » April 11th, 2019, 4:34 pm

The_Honourable wrote:Squatter fined $50,000 for illegal house

A POINT FORTIN woman has to fork out $51,000 to pay as a fine or go to jail for building a house on state lands where she has been living for the past six years.

Elizabeth Guishard, 47, began squatting in a ten-by-ten-foot house on Pundit Street, Cap-de-Ville, in 2013. She went on to construct a kitchen, then a concrete floor.

A building inspector from Point Fortin Borough Corporation served notice on her in 2017 that she had violated Section 159 of the Municipal Corporation Act.

A magistrate in the Point Fortin court found Guishard guilty and fined her $1,500 or in default three months' simple imprisonment, and also ordered the house demolished.

The underlying raison d'etre of this case is construction without the necessary approvals.
Something that happens daily in this country especially by those dealing on cash only builds. Currently in my area a man built a two story building topped with a concrete roof on top of which he put a regular roof (with the necessary spacing left for a 3rd floor). After a little while had passes he added block work under the roof and bam...he has a 3 story building commercial building in a residential area.

MaxPower
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby MaxPower » April 11th, 2019, 8:19 pm

The_Honourable wrote:Squatter fined $50,000 for illegal house

Time for severity not leniency.

Get with DF times.

shake d livin wake d dead
TunerGod

Postby shake d livin wake d dead » April 11th, 2019, 8:54 pm

While I have no problem with the judgement...those in authority should go after beethamites and laventillians...how much of them have deed etc etc...

pugboy
TunerGod

Postby pugboy » April 11th, 2019, 9:47 pm

Allyuh never see robocop property on the train line in enterprise

matr1x
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby matr1x » April 12th, 2019, 6:09 am

Squatters are thieves, nothing more. Sometimes you have to set fire to the land to get rid of vermin

The_Honourable
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby The_Honourable » April 12th, 2019, 6:40 pm

When yuh bold :lol:

Squatter defies court: 'God gave me this land'

The Court of Appeal on Wednesday ordered that a squatter pay $51,000 in fines or face time in jail.

But Elizabeth Guishard yesterday said she is unable to pay the money and claims victimisation for her present predicament.

“I believe there was some sort of conspiracy,” Guishard said outside her home.

The 62-year-old grandmother, who was unaware of the Court of Appeal’s order until the media’s visit, said she will continue to have faith in God who gave her the land.

More: https://www.trinidadexpress.com/news/lo ... 21272.html

K74T
TunerGod

Postby K74T » April 12th, 2019, 6:42 pm

Lol she's one ah dem born again conwoman

Dizzy28
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Dizzy28 » April 12th, 2019, 7:06 pm

The_Honourable wrote:When yuh bold

Squatter defies court: 'God gave me this land'

The Court of Appeal on Wednesday ordered that a squatter pay $51,000 in fines or face time in jail.

But Elizabeth Guishard yesterday said she is unable to pay the money and claims victimisation for her present predicament.

“I believe there was some sort of conspiracy,” Guishard said outside her home.

The 62-year-old grandmother, who was unaware of the Court of Appeal’s order until the media’s visit, said she will continue to have faith in God who gave her the land.

More: https://www.trinidadexpress.com/news/lo ... 21272.html
Waiting for my blessings from gawd!!!!

ProtonPowder
Shifting into 6th

Postby ProtonPowder » April 12th, 2019, 7:46 pm

Steal something, claims God gave her it.

The balls on this woman yes.

matr1x
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby matr1x » April 13th, 2019, 5:25 am

Solution: owner of the land just kick she belly and drag she out of the land.

Problem solving is what I do

gastly369
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby gastly369 » April 13th, 2019, 7:25 am

matr1x wrote:Solution: owner of the land just kick she belly and drag she out of the land.

Set fire bun down everything including plyboard and galvanize and any living ting on the allotted land

shake d livin wake d dead
TunerGod

Postby shake d livin wake d dead » April 13th, 2019, 8:26 am

gastly369 wrote:
matr1x wrote:Solution: owner of the land just kick she belly and drag she out of the land.

Set fire bun down everything including plyboard and galvanize and any living ting on the allotted land

They should do this in beetham

The_Honourable
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby The_Honourable » April 29th, 2021, 12:11 pm

Oropouche villagers move to break down barricades

Terrence Ramgattan and his two sons stand by the illegal barricade on Saturday, which was put up by a resident, blocking access to the road by the villagers.

Villagers are preparing to break down two galvanised barricades set up by a squatter at South Oropouche.

This after an investigation done by the Siparia Regional Corporation revealed that the road was privately owned by prominent Oropouche landowner Myrtle Partap and not a squatter who had claimed ownership of two acres of land.

Partap’s estates Belle Vue and Providence have been overrun with squatters over the past few decades.

Speaking to Guardian Media yesterday, councillor for the area Doodnath Mayrhoo said the squatter, who blocked the roadway, was not the owner of the road.

“Our team from the Surveys Department visited the area and did an investigation and we have identified that Myrtle Partap is the owner of the property,” Mayrhoo said.

He explained that he has been speaking to officials in charge of her estate and the onus is now on them to remove the barricade from their private roadway.

The road had been built 10 years ago to facilitate a housing project. However, squatters, who had been occupying the lands, have expanded into newer acreages.

Mayrhoo said the man accused of building the barricades had been embroiled in a court matter with Partap after his home was bulldozed in 2017.

However, the road is now being claimed by the squatter who has prevented other squatters from using the road, Mayrhoo added.

Meanwhile, Terrence Ramgattan, whose family have occupied the lands for over 50 years, said they planned to meet with Partap tomorrow to discuss the matter.

He explained that many people use the road for exercise and to graze animals. Ramgattan said once Partap gives permission, the villagers will come out and break down the barricades.

Source: https://www.guardian.co.tt/news/oropouc ... ff2acecf07

SMc
punchin NOS

Postby SMc » April 29th, 2021, 12:39 pm

That fence stopping anybody? you could walk around the side

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”