12 pounds of Boost

Re: PC Tech/Gaming Info Thread

Postby jm3 » October 9th, 2016, 4:13 pm

Just change your cpu fan it is clearly not running

meccalli
punchin NOS

Postby meccalli » October 9th, 2016, 4:47 pm

Gpu temps get up into 80's, cpu shouldn't be pushing past 65.

sMASH
TunerGod

Postby sMASH » October 9th, 2016, 9:30 pm

Lol at kamakzi,,, its ran well for like two years, then all of a sudden it just decide to bug out.
But just as it happened, my padnah system, on win 10 gave the same exact problem as what was posted before. And then the guy posted his,

kamakazi
punchin NOS

Re: RE: Re: PC Tech/Gaming Info Thread

Postby kamakazi » October 9th, 2016, 9:55 pm

sMASH wrote:Lol at kamakzi,,, its ran well for like two years, then all of a sudden it just decide to bug out.
But just as it happened, my padnah system, on win 10 gave the same exact problem as what was posted before. And then the guy posted his,

Have you tried any of the solutions I suggested previously, what were the results...
Without any information on your rig... People can only "help" so much.
Can probably answer the same questions posted earlier...

HSA
Riding on 17's

Postby HSA » October 9th, 2016, 10:13 pm

I told you to pm me...ill check it for u...no charge....

sMASH
TunerGod

Postby sMASH » October 9th, 2016, 10:37 pm

On second thought, most likely is the pump... But its an aio cooler. Had plans of doing a customs loop later this year, might have to step it forward a bit.

I booted it again, saw the temps ramp up, but no heat from the cooler... which was very warm with load. So no heat put into the loop.

I will leave it down until I ammass my parts.

*I take my wrong when I wrong*

jm3
12 pounds of Boost

Postby jm3 » October 9th, 2016, 11:44 pm

aio coolers go dry in time and the pump dies.

kamakazi
punchin NOS

Postby kamakazi » October 10th, 2016, 7:01 am

sMASH wrote:On second thought, most likely is the pump... But its an aio cooler. Had plans of doing a customs loop later this year, might have to step it forward a bit.

I booted it again, saw the temps ramp up, but no heat from the cooler... which was very warm with load. So no heat put into the loop.

I will leave it down until I ammass my parts.

*I take my wrong when I wrong*

I did suggest in my first response that it might be a failed pump in your closed loop water cooler if you were having heat issues and you weren't using air cooling. In addition to what jm3 mentioned above, Some aio coolers have also been known to clog over time which severely limits cooling as the fluid flow is restricted.

I am an advocate for big air cooling... So my recommendation is to replace that aio with a Cooler Master hyper 212 evo... Even if it's a temporary measure. Not the best air cooler by any means but very reasonably priced.

Custom water loops are a bit of a show off and are a pain to service but if that is your Jam...I wouldn't be able to change your mind...

fred1266
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby fred1266 » October 10th, 2016, 11:11 am

kamakazi wrote:
fred1266 wrote:hi everyone installed HW monitor on system and on idle

CPU temps are 54
GPU temps are also 54

while playing fifa

CPU saw it reach as high as 100
GPU was about 80 - 88

never tested temps before so not sure it that normal?

thanks in advance

That temp is really high
Before anyone can probably assist further might have to answer a couple questions about your rig
CPU?
CPU cooler?
Case?
Fans (how many, size, average rpm)
GPU?
GPU cooler style? (blower style cooler or inside case heat dissipation)
Any Overclocks?

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00CR ... UTF8&psc=1

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00CO ... UTF8&psc=1

GPU GTX 570

fred1266
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby fred1266 » October 10th, 2016, 11:14 am

jm3 wrote:Just change your cpu fan it is clearly not running

ok thanks when i reach home would see if the fan actually spinning if it is could it be the paste which is on the CPU to keep it cool?

fred1266
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby fred1266 » October 10th, 2016, 11:16 am

meccalli wrote:Gpu temps get up into 80's, cpu shouldn't be pushing past 65.

ok thanks, u know off hand on idle what should be the temp of the CPU

kamakazi
punchin NOS

Postby kamakazi » October 10th, 2016, 11:59 am

fred1266 wrote:

Intel ark specified 72degrees as the Max temp that the CPU heatspreader should reach. As you haven't listed any overclocking or any aftermarket heatsinks, Start by checking the fan speed (HW monitor should display the fan speeds once the fans have 3 or more wires connected); physically check them also.
Most of the gtx 570 I see have blower style coolers that exhaust most of the hot air out the back of the case.
Cleaning the system should help a lot

Might want to look at upgrading the CPU cooler in future... Hope you get through

fred1266
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby fred1266 » October 10th, 2016, 12:28 pm

kamakazi wrote:
fred1266 wrote:

Intel ark specified 72degrees as the Max temp that the CPU heatspreader should reach. As you haven't listed any overclocking or any aftermarket heatsinks, Start by checking the fan speed (HW monitor should display the fan speeds once the fans have 3 or more wires connected); physically check them also.
Most of the gtx 570 I see have blower style coolers that exhaust most of the hot air out the back of the case.

Might want to look at upgrading the CPU cooler in future... Hope you get through

using the stock fan for the CPU and haven't overclock anything so some how the CPU over heating, clean pc recently casue i thought that was the problem so would check the fan speed and the wires when i get home

fred1266
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby fred1266 » October 10th, 2016, 12:37 pm

kamakazi wrote:
fred1266 wrote:

using the stock fan for the CPU and haven't overclock anything so some how the CPU over heating, clean pc recently cause i thought that was the problem so would check the fan speed and the wires when i get home

kamakazi
punchin NOS

Postby kamakazi » October 10th, 2016, 4:17 pm

Bearing in the fan do wear out over time and while it might be spinning without any noise it could be spinning at a fraction of what it does normally

fred1266
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby fred1266 » October 10th, 2016, 7:01 pm

kamakazi wrote:Bearing in the fan do wear out over time and while it might be spinning without any noise it could be spinning at a fraction of what it does normally

that what it doing at the moment, not sure what it did when it worked properly was trying to get the info from Intel site but not success

from your experience is that a good speed for it to run at

kamakazi
punchin NOS

Postby kamakazi » October 10th, 2016, 7:39 pm

CPU fan speed values are decent... Reseating and reapplying thermal paste might only take 5 degrees off under load... Besides that the only thing I can think of is that the game loads up your system more than any thing else thus far

fred1266
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby fred1266 » October 10th, 2016, 8:00 pm

ok thanks guess it time to invest in a new board and CPU

kamakazi
punchin NOS

Postby kamakazi » October 11th, 2016, 12:47 am

fred1266 wrote:ok thanks guess it time to invest in a new board and CPU

You just really need a good CPU cooler... No need to overhaul your rig... Sent you a pm with suggestions. If you are located in South we could discuss further

fred1266
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby fred1266 » October 17th, 2016, 8:23 pm

hi everyone currently my xbox controller not working and not sure the reason why they it is connected to the adapter but not getting any of the numbs to function(numbs not working)

just a back story how it happened i wanted to find out my ballery level so i read somewhere to download the xbox accestories app for pc when i did they said to connect xbox i dont have a usb for the xbox controller so i used my phone usb it then updated and then the numbs stopped working although it is powered i tried uninstall and re install drivers but that doesn't help

my old 360 contoller works fine

HSA
Riding on 17's

Postby HSA » October 31st, 2016, 8:01 am

whats the cost of a good used gtx 980 nowadays???

HCCA
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby HCCA » October 31st, 2016, 9:35 am

HSA wrote:whats the cost of a good used gtx 980 nowadays???

Saw two sold for $1500 each recently.

sMASH
TunerGod

Postby sMASH » November 1st, 2016, 1:51 am

980 or 970?
Cause some people still have their 970's higher... but should be lower.

GRIM
Sweet on this forum

Postby GRIM » December 7th, 2016, 6:46 pm

Assassin's creed 3 is free on uplay right now
get it quick!!!!

DTAC
18 pounds of Boost

Postby DTAC » December 7th, 2016, 7:00 pm

Wait. I have a UBI Soft account?!!! Ok. Who knew!!! lol!

I've always wanted to start, but have never played any of the Assassin's Creed games. I suppose III is a good place to start.

Well, playing Metal Gear Solid V so it'll have to wait.... a while. Epic frigging game and I've only just started.

SnipeR
Trinituner Peong

Postby SnipeR » December 14th, 2016, 8:51 am

Anyone checked out the new info on ZEN yet?

http://www.guru3d.com/articles-pages/ed ... essor.html

If this is real, I'm due for an upgrade. Still running an X5670 on the x58 platform :oops:

AMD's pricing is usually reasonable too.

kamakazi
punchin NOS

Postby kamakazi » December 14th, 2016, 6:16 pm

Looks promising... If anything I hope competition brings Intel pricing down... Already have a new platform... Just waiting for the cheaper processors..

battosai
Street 2NR

Postby battosai » December 14th, 2016, 9:00 pm

gd,i have a hp 15 laptop i bought last year,works fine until recently when i keep seeing a message on the desktop ''the application is not responding.the program may respond again if you wait,do you want to end this process?'' when i click yes it freezes after same thing when i click no,every time i turn my laptop is freezes after i log in and then that message keeps appearing after,to power it off i have to long press power to switch off,even ctrl alt & del not working.any tuner solution before i visit a technician?i tried google but was unsuccessful

HSA
Riding on 17's

Postby HSA » December 14th, 2016, 9:49 pm

battosai wrote:gd,i have a hp 15 laptop i bought last year,works fine until recently when i keep seeing a message on the desktop ''the application is not responding.the program may respond again if you wait,do you want to end this process?'' when i click yes it freezes after same thing when i click no,every time i turn my laptop is freezes after i log in and then that message keeps appearing after,to power it off i have to long press power to switch off,even ctrl alt & del not working.any tuner solution before i visit a technician?i tried google but was unsuccessful

Mussbe a bad driver or virus...do a clean install and save yourself the headache

kamakazi
punchin NOS

Postby kamakazi » December 15th, 2016, 1:49 am

battosai wrote:gd,i have a hp 15 laptop i bought last year,works fine until recently when i keep seeing a message on the desktop ''the application is not responding.the program may respond again if you wait,do you want to end this process?'' when i click yes it freezes after same thing when i click no,every time i turn my laptop is freezes after i log in and then that message keeps appearing after,to power it off i have to long press power to switch off,even ctrl alt & del not working.any tuner solution before i visit a technician?i tried google but was unsuccessful

Can you bring up the task manager when the error message presents itself. Might be able to identify the software that is giving trouble. Installed anything recently? Updates? Hardware?
Windows 10 itself is a spying, silent installing, operating system. Something could have happened with the anniversary update.
I don't know what windows you have and I can't remember if msconfig is still a thing in 10 but if it is, you can identify programs that are running on startup and turning some of them off might solve your problem; but only attempt if you have another machine to use should you render this one inoperable.

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”