TriniTuner 24-7

Re: offshore ppl ........your views.

Postby Ted_v2 » October 1st, 2014, 8:22 pm

3 million

janfar
punchin NOS

Postby janfar » October 1st, 2014, 8:50 pm

What is the weight, what is the planned maximum HS and tool types. Also is it just for lateral or you plan on doing some horizontal drilling?

Norton12005
Chronic TriniTuner

Postby Norton12005 » October 2nd, 2014, 11:01 am

janfar wrote:What is the weight, what is the planned maximum HS and tool types. Also is it just for lateral or you plan on doing some horizontal drilling?

Not sure the weight, but the base is 100ft x 100ft think is a 6inch deep....help please

janfar
punchin NOS

Postby janfar » October 2nd, 2014, 12:23 pm

6inch thick base for drilling rig???

Their are a lot of factors to consider when doing a surface for rig. Any concrete company can quote you off the bat how much concrete you need for a 100x100x6 decking. But it might crack after you start drilling and run you into a lot of unwanted complications.

janfar
punchin NOS

Postby janfar » October 2nd, 2014, 12:42 pm

What school you doing this for BTW

Norton12005
Chronic TriniTuner

Postby Norton12005 » October 2nd, 2014, 1:14 pm

Its, not a school, just a project........What is the recommended thickness?

janfar
punchin NOS

Postby janfar » October 2nd, 2014, 1:24 pm

27.32 inches.

STORM1234
Riding on 17's

Postby STORM1234 » October 2nd, 2014, 1:28 pm

6 inches is certainly not thick enough for that type of loading, minimum 12 inches bruh, might be thicker too where the loading will be heavier, where is Rory Pholourie? he can give you better advice, see if you can send him a private message or do a search and find his contact number. you might have to build a raft and slab foundation which means underground beams to stiffen up the slab laterally to prevent cracking. The soil type also affects the bearing capacity of the soil, which will affect the slab design. A pocket penetrometer would do nicely to obtain a value in the field to be used for design.

trinidrift
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby trinidrift » October 2nd, 2014, 1:33 pm

I am offshore presently and i don't regret the decision because my goal is not to remain out here and grow moss. Operations experience ks second to none especially if its on a rig or on a platform where a rig now left. Gonna be back on land soon.

gas brainz
Sweet on this forum

Postby gas brainz » October 2nd, 2014, 2:06 pm

Can I get help to direct me in the right direction to process operator or anything oil and gas related

annandtotheworld
Street 2NR

Postby annandtotheworld » October 2nd, 2014, 2:26 pm

Go utt and apply for cpo. Was formally PPo but u must have math English Chem and phys and any other subject jus to make up the 5. Thats for process plant operator which is now cpo

gas brainz
Sweet on this forum

Postby gas brainz » October 2nd, 2014, 3:31 pm

I did process plant technology level 2 diploma at ATC

kjaglal76v2
12 pounds of Boost

Postby kjaglal76v2 » November 2nd, 2014, 9:55 am

any reviews on atlantic-lng apprentice program or the operator in training program???

icefox
3NE 2NR for life

Postby icefox » November 5th, 2014, 3:49 pm

Hey peeps, I need yall assistance...I am looking for off shore employment. An any way I tried it has been 2 no avail..I don't have any big qualifications wen It comes to the offshore industry, the onli thing I have completed is my TBOSIT. Can any one give me any assistance

zoom rader
TunerGod

Postby zoom rader » November 5th, 2014, 6:44 pm

icefox wrote:Hey peeps, I need yall assistance...I am looking for off shore employment. An any way I tried it has been 2 no avail..I don't have any big qualifications wen It comes to the offshore industry, the onli thing I have completed is my TBOSIT. Can any one give me any assistance

Read over chead this had been discussed already.
You need at least a tech cert in PPO, EET, MET or IET.

icefox
3NE 2NR for life

Postby icefox » November 5th, 2014, 11:31 pm

zoom rader wrote:
icefox wrote:Hey peeps, I need yall assistance...I am looking for off shore employment. An any way I tried it has been 2 no avail..I don't have any big qualifications wen It comes to the offshore industry, the onli thing I have completed is my TBOSIT. Can any one give me any assistance

Ok I will read it over, but wat I'm sayin I no ppl wit none of dese courses, dat got tru with offshore wrk an started off as a utility hand or roustabout an den did courses an worked dere way up!!!

trinidrift
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby trinidrift » November 6th, 2014, 12:42 am

Ok let me explain offshore is not only about qualifications but also if you are showing potential to be in operations and a OIM (offshore installation manager) is willing to allow you the chance to make the transition. For example I know a lot of HLO's and crane operators who have done it but they put in the work to learn about the process and the paperwork associated with it. If you are looking to start as an operator or tech as we are known try Kenson in Sando because they are the starting point for all operators and companies like bp eog bg etc hires from that pool 1st before anywhere else.

zoom rader
TunerGod

Postby zoom rader » November 6th, 2014, 8:30 am

icefox wrote:
zoom rader wrote:

Ok I will read it over, but wat I'm sayin I no ppl wit none of dese courses, dat got tru with offshore wrk an started off as a utility hand or roustabout an den did courses an worked dere way up!!!

Those roustabouts are entry level and bottom of the ladder. If you want a head start then get a tech paper and do some offshore safety courses . Spend two years preparing and build you resume, do some contracting shutdowns jobs.

icefox
3NE 2NR for life

Postby icefox » November 7th, 2014, 10:51 am

zoom rader wrote:
icefox wrote:
zoom rader wrote:

Those roustabouts are entry level and bottom of the ladder. If you want a head start then get a tech paper and do some offshore safety courses . Spend two years preparing and build you resume, do some contracting shutdowns jobs.

Wat I'm sayin is I'm willing to start from d bottom of d ladder an work up, but it's jus to get in is d problem...

zoom rader
TunerGod

Postby zoom rader » November 7th, 2014, 11:17 am

icefox wrote:
zoom rader wrote:
icefox wrote:
zoom rader wrote:

Wat I'm sayin is I'm willing to start from d bottom of d ladder an work up, but it's jus to get in is d problem...

You need to seek out oil service contacting jobs for this.

icefox
3NE 2NR for life

Postby icefox » November 7th, 2014, 1:25 pm

zoom rader wrote:
icefox wrote:
zoom rader wrote:
icefox wrote:
zoom rader wrote:

An dese will include places like where

zoom rader
TunerGod

Postby zoom rader » November 7th, 2014, 1:40 pm

icefox wrote:
zoom rader wrote:
icefox wrote:
zoom rader wrote:
icefox wrote:
zoom rader wrote:

Dude do some home work and don't expect to be spoon fed in how to get a job offshore.
Pick up the phone book and look for oil service contractors and call them up.
Ask for a job go and visit them make yourself known.
Read the small employment adds in the newspapers, you will be surprised to find offshore jobs are listed in very small ads.

Don't sit on your butt and expect a job to come to you when you don't have the necessary qualifications.

icefox
3NE 2NR for life

Postby icefox » November 7th, 2014, 2:22 pm

zoom rader wrote:
icefox wrote:
zoom rader wrote:
icefox wrote:
zoom rader wrote:
icefox wrote:
zoom rader wrote:

Dude do some home work and don't expect to be spoon fed in how to get a job offshore.
Read the small employment adds in the newspapers, you will be surprised to find offshore jobs are listed in very small ads.

Don't sit on your butt and expect a job to come to you when you don't have the necessary qualifications.

Now u see dats wat goes on, I never asked for u to hand me a job I'm making inquiries on certain details dat may be necessary for me an certain exact place dat u ppl who have experience being out there wud no, which I mite not, u tell me do my home wrk, so wat is dis called not doing it, I'm jus askin question to find out certain things an gardering knowledge an info....no disrespect inno but alya have a forum to tlk about a topic an wen ppl come askin an inquiring is like a put down an sheit up kinda thing....don't matter wat d question we shud all be able to discuss it as adult... But tanks any way il go do my home work

zulu atomic
Street 2NR

Postby zulu atomic » November 7th, 2014, 2:34 pm

anybody willing to help me get in,i work as a security officer and contract going and up in January,the other company who's taking over bring their own ppl to work which puts me out of a job

zulu atomic
Street 2NR

Postby zulu atomic » November 7th, 2014, 2:36 pm

Rainman wrote:I worked offshore for 4 years before being promoted and sent to the office, i miss it sometimes but i don't think that i could go back to doing that. An offshore worker's job is routine and mundane, sure the money is excellent but you become stagnant and the $$ can't compensate for it. I wanted a challenge so i worked for my promotion because it was a ticket out of offshore.

Now in the office i spend my time supporting the same men i worked alongside with offshore; the money wasn't reduced by much, i am in a much more stable position within the company i work for, my work has a lot more value and i get to go home to my own bed every evening.

zulu atomic
Street 2NR

Postby zulu atomic » November 7th, 2014, 2:37 pm

anybody willing to help me get in,i work as a security officer and contract going and up in January,the other company who's taking over bring their own ppl to work which puts me out of a job

zoom rader
TunerGod

Postby zoom rader » November 7th, 2014, 2:56 pm

icefox wrote:
zoom rader wrote:
icefox wrote:
zoom rader wrote:
icefox wrote:
zoom rader wrote:
icefox wrote:
zoom rader wrote:[quote="icefox"]Hey peeps, I need yall assistance...I am looking for off shore employment. An any way I tried it has been 2 no avail..I don't have any big qualifications wen It comes to the offshore industry, the onli thing I have completed is my TBOSIT. Can any one give me any assistance

Now u see dats wat goes on, I never asked for u to hand me a job I'm making inquiries on certain details dat may be necessary for me an certain exact place dat u ppl who have experience being out there wud no, which I mite not, u tell me do my home wrk, so wat is dis called not doing it, I'm jus askin question to find out certain things an gardering knowledge an info....no disrespect inno but alya have a forum to tlk about a topic an wen ppl come askin an inquiring is like a put down an sheit up kinda thing....don't matter wat d question we shud all be able to discuss it as adult... But tanks any way il go do my home work[/quote]

Dude as I said the phone book is your friend. Look for shutdown work and so some courses related to the offshore industry.
Network as much as you can.

STORM1234
Riding on 17's

Postby STORM1234 » November 7th, 2014, 3:15 pm

aye icefox you related to orangefox? :lol:

icefox
3NE 2NR for life

Postby icefox » November 7th, 2014, 4:42 pm

lost to all wrote:aye icefox you related to orangefox? :lol:

Nah I'm not related hehe

icefox
3NE 2NR for life

Postby icefox » November 7th, 2014, 7:33 pm

zoom rader wrote:
Dude as I said the phone book is your friend. Look for shutdown work and so some courses related to the offshore industry.
Network as much as you can.

Ok cool, il go check out something's an u no any help I need I'm coming rite back to y'all, I mite not b financial able to do all d big course, but il do wat I can an I'm not stopping till I get tru, so zoom radar u Better prepare to help ice fox out an d rest of you all...hehe

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”