TriniTuner.com  |  Latest Event:  

Forums

Building a house in Trinidad

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

User avatar
*KRONIK*
Trying to catch PATCH AND VEGA
Posts: 6892
Joined: August 5th, 2005, 9:50 am
Location: UP IN DA HEEZY!

Re: Building a house in Trinidad

Postby *KRONIK* » June 10th, 2019, 12:06 pm

They probably want a retention plan for the work completed so far to make sure it was done accoring to the previous plan. Once they verify that it is, they will pass it and renew the building permit

Advertisement
pugboy
TriniTuner 24-7
Posts: 9998
Joined: September 6th, 2003, 6:18 pm

Re: Building a house in Trinidad

Postby pugboy » June 10th, 2019, 1:22 pm

So if you put up an illegal structure and was never addressed by t&c or local corporation for 5 yrs you get away?

telfer wrote:Also any building infraction done over 5years is statue bared and T&C can’t do anything about it

User avatar
matix
Riding on 16's
Posts: 1129
Joined: October 23rd, 2008, 12:38 pm
Location: trinidad
Contact:

Re: Building a house in Trinidad

Postby matix » June 10th, 2019, 1:33 pm

^^^^^
Interesting because I know of countless buildings that went up without any approval.

pugboy
TriniTuner 24-7
Posts: 9998
Joined: September 6th, 2003, 6:18 pm

Re: Building a house in Trinidad

Postby pugboy » June 10th, 2019, 1:37 pm

They usually get away on freehold land and of course if neighbors don’t complain.

But on leasehold land the local corporation usually have more teeth eg woodbrook

I don’t think it is really t&c job to go out in the field to check building as they going up for code compliance.

matix wrote:^^^^^
Interesting because I know of countless buildings that went up without any approval.
Last edited by pugboy on June 10th, 2019, 1:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
matix
Riding on 16's
Posts: 1129
Joined: October 23rd, 2008, 12:38 pm
Location: trinidad
Contact:

Re: Building a house in Trinidad

Postby matix » June 10th, 2019, 1:38 pm

Understood

User avatar
telfer
Trinituner Peong
Posts: 434
Joined: November 21st, 2004, 6:16 pm

Re: Building a house in Trinidad

Postby telfer » June 10th, 2019, 1:55 pm

pugboy wrote:So if you put up an illegal structure and was never addressed by t&c or local corporation for 5 yrs you get away?

telfer wrote:Also any building infraction done over 5years is statue bared and T&C can’t do anything about it

Once your neighbor doesn’t have you in any legal litigations t&c cant do anything

User avatar
shake d livin wake d dead
TriniTuner 24-7
Posts: 21235
Joined: July 20th, 2009, 1:25 pm
Location: all over

Re: Building a house in Trinidad

Postby shake d livin wake d dead » June 10th, 2019, 2:47 pm

ah come in here for some guidance

i.e: building of kitchen cupboards(recommend some1, or some people or reputable businesses please)

User avatar
Kronik
Shifting into 6th
Posts: 2113
Joined: July 23rd, 2004, 9:37 pm
Location: Central
Contact:

Re: Building a house in Trinidad

Postby Kronik » June 11th, 2019, 7:18 am

shake d livin wake d dead wrote:ah come in here for some guidance

i.e: building of kitchen cupboards(recommend some1, or some people or reputable businesses please)
I think it's roopnarine I see selling complete kitchen units for around 20k

User avatar
telfer
Trinituner Peong
Posts: 434
Joined: November 21st, 2004, 6:16 pm

Re: Building a house in Trinidad

Postby telfer » June 11th, 2019, 7:20 am

Kronik wrote:
shake d livin wake d dead wrote:ah come in here for some guidance

i.e: building of kitchen cupboards(recommend some1, or some people or reputable businesses please)
I think it's roopnarine I see selling complete kitchen units for around 20k


Lol yea right their kitchens prices a about 45 - 60k

User avatar
*KRONIK*
Trying to catch PATCH AND VEGA
Posts: 6892
Joined: August 5th, 2005, 9:50 am
Location: UP IN DA HEEZY!

Re: Building a house in Trinidad

Postby *KRONIK* » June 11th, 2019, 7:40 am

Correct, that “20k” is just for 1 row of cupboards/cabinets or the really cheap looking white stuff.
A half kitchen with the nicer design is around 40k
And fulllllll kitchen with island etc. is around 80k.
telfer wrote:
Kronik wrote:
shake d livin wake d dead wrote:ah come in here for some guidance

i.e: building of kitchen cupboards(recommend some1, or some people or reputable businesses please)
I think it's roopnarine I see selling complete kitchen units for around 20k


Lol yea right their kitchens prices a about 45 - 60k

pugboy
TriniTuner 24-7
Posts: 9998
Joined: September 6th, 2003, 6:18 pm

Re: Building a house in Trinidad

Postby pugboy » June 11th, 2019, 7:54 am

Young Sing units are not bad for the price and you have option to paint/finish them yourself
either way its important to have a competent installer to make sure installed neat,tight and level
walls, base etc square as possible.

I prefer to cast a good level concrete base and do away with the hollow base premade units tend to come with
use spray expanding foam to seal off all the crevices to prevent critters moving in.

Youngsing also has units made of pvc which is good for under sink unit.

last time i checked a decent budget is around $1000-1500/sq ft counter space for cupboards top and bottom
not incl whatever counter you go with.

User avatar
shake d livin wake d dead
TriniTuner 24-7
Posts: 21235
Joined: July 20th, 2009, 1:25 pm
Location: all over

Re: Building a house in Trinidad

Postby shake d livin wake d dead » June 11th, 2019, 10:19 am

https://www.facebook.com/sivicinteriors ... kxF6IqDFW6

anybody ever deal with these people

heard mixed reviews from customers about roopnarine
Last edited by shake d livin wake d dead on June 11th, 2019, 11:17 am, edited 2 times in total.

innocent criminal
Ricer
Posts: 25
Joined: May 30th, 2019, 8:29 am

Re: Building a house in Trinidad

Postby innocent criminal » June 11th, 2019, 11:16 am

Anybody have experience designing and construction a home on a hill?

User avatar
Kronik
Shifting into 6th
Posts: 2113
Joined: July 23rd, 2004, 9:37 pm
Location: Central
Contact:

Re: Building a house in Trinidad

Postby Kronik » June 11th, 2019, 11:37 am

shake d livin wake d dead wrote:https://www.facebook.com/sivicinteriors/?__tn__=%2Cd%2CP-R&eid=ARB8QXimpOWv8BHVRiL5WdgjNk0_ZPPAQqjcrTbarR-VrOiuNwCT1YnK8m22LS2_mkRAeVkxF6IqDFW6

anybody ever deal with these people

heard mixed reviews from customers about roopnarine
I did go in their showroom and check out the units, some real nice units, heard the prices and cross them off the list. They also offer to come and install everything as well though.

Arkall trading has some nice stuff for when you doing the kitchen, don't think they have readymade units

adnj
Riding on 17's
Posts: 1371
Joined: February 24th, 2014, 2:55 pm

Re: Building a house in Trinidad

Postby adnj » June 11th, 2019, 12:13 pm

innocent criminal wrote:Anybody have experience designing and construction a home on a hill?


Assuming that the house is on the side of the hill, you will need a structural engineer.

If you plan to build something with two or more levels to take advantage of the view, your best bet is to hire an architect. The architect will bring in civil and structural engineers to address foundation design, earthquake survivability, drainage, grading, and lot placement.

User avatar
shake d livin wake d dead
TriniTuner 24-7
Posts: 21235
Joined: July 20th, 2009, 1:25 pm
Location: all over

Re: Building a house in Trinidad

Postby shake d livin wake d dead » June 11th, 2019, 12:24 pm

Kronik wrote:
shake d livin wake d dead wrote:https://www.facebook.com/sivicinteriors/?__tn__=%2Cd%2CP-R&eid=ARB8QXimpOWv8BHVRiL5WdgjNk0_ZPPAQqjcrTbarR-VrOiuNwCT1YnK8m22LS2_mkRAeVkxF6IqDFW6

anybody ever deal with these people

heard mixed reviews from customers about roopnarine
I did go in their showroom and check out the units, some real nice units, heard the prices and cross them off the list. They also offer to come and install everything as well though.

Arkall trading has some nice stuff for when you doing the kitchen, don't think they have readymade units


ok cool, I'd look into them, kinda trying to avoid the run around thing from plenty ah dem so called "carpenters" these days

Jerry84
3NE 2NR for life
Posts: 100
Joined: September 27th, 2011, 12:29 am

Re: Building a house in Trinidad

Postby Jerry84 » June 12th, 2019, 11:15 am

So what's the deal with those l.e.d. downlighters now?? They work excellent when installed but after a while the start blinking...tried different brands and same issue...thought it was my wiring so got a different electrician to come check it ...everything good...don't know what to do now...maybe I can go back to the traditional type where I can screw up l.e.d. bulbs...views, ideas, criticisms welcomed

User avatar
maj. tom
punchin NOS
Posts: 4646
Joined: March 16th, 2012, 10:47 am
Location: Zoo Station

Re: Building a house in Trinidad

Postby maj. tom » June 12th, 2019, 11:27 am

you used new and compatible dimmer switches? Remember it's a hardware program in the IC chip that controls the LED.
https://www.lightbulbs-direct.com/artic ... atibility/

Beyond that there's LED power supplies to supply a cleaner current to the LED outputs without flicker. Did your electrician mention stuff like this?
Last edited by maj. tom on June 12th, 2019, 11:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
wing
Sweet on this forum
Posts: 299
Joined: December 17th, 2008, 6:57 pm

Re: Building a house in Trinidad

Postby wing » June 12th, 2019, 11:31 am

Jerry84 wrote:So what's the deal with those l.e.d. downlighters now?? They work excellent when installed but after a while the start blinking...tried different brands and same issue...thought it was my wiring so got a different electrician to come check it ...everything good...don't know what to do now...maybe I can go back to the traditional type where I can screw up l.e.d. bulbs...views, ideas, criticisms welcomed
Cheap thing no good, good thing no cheap...... I'm using LED downlighters in an open garage approx 5 years now. No problems.

Jerry84
3NE 2NR for life
Posts: 100
Joined: September 27th, 2011, 12:29 am

Re: Building a house in Trinidad

Postby Jerry84 » June 12th, 2019, 11:35 am

Not that I can remember....he just told me it a the type of lights
maj. tom wrote:you used new and compatible dimmer switches? Remember it's a hardware program in the IC chip that controls the LED.
https://www.lightbulbs-direct.com/artic ... atibility/

Beyond that there's LED power supplies to supply a cleaner current to the LED outputs without flicker. Did your electrician mention stuff like this?

Jerry84
3NE 2NR for life
Posts: 100
Joined: September 27th, 2011, 12:29 am

Re: Building a house in Trinidad

Postby Jerry84 » June 12th, 2019, 11:38 am

The brand I have now is Westinghouse...had other brands before can't recall the names...but bought some more costly ones at a light house by Pasea rd....And I'm now getting cuss from my mother about those as well...they blinking as well...can anyone suggest what brand I should purchase and where
wing wrote:
Jerry84 wrote:So what's the deal with those l.e.d. downlighters now?? They work excellent when installed but after a while the start blinking...tried different brands and same issue...thought it was my wiring so got a different electrician to come check it ...everything good...don't know what to do now...maybe I can go back to the traditional type where I can screw up l.e.d. bulbs...views, ideas, criticisms welcomed
Cheap thing no good, good thing no cheap...... I'm using LED downlighters in an open garage approx 5 years now. No problems.

User avatar
telfer
Trinituner Peong
Posts: 434
Joined: November 21st, 2004, 6:16 pm

Re: Building a house in Trinidad

Postby telfer » June 12th, 2019, 11:51 am

I bought GEL from the light house no issues so far

User avatar
onyx
3NE 2NR for life
Posts: 192
Joined: March 6th, 2010, 10:49 pm

Re: Building a house in Trinidad

Postby onyx » June 23rd, 2019, 5:33 pm

Hey tunerz, I am presently awaiting the deed for land which was recently puchased, in the interim can anyone advise on the average cost to build a two storey house?

Also do you have any contact for persons who do building plans.

Thanks

adnj
Riding on 17's
Posts: 1371
Joined: February 24th, 2014, 2:55 pm

Re: Building a house in Trinidad

Postby adnj » June 23rd, 2019, 7:42 pm

onyx wrote:Hey tunerz, I am presently awaiting the deed for land which was recently puchased, in the interim can anyone advise on the average cost to build a two storey house?

Also do you have any contact for persons who do building plans.

Thanks
This was discussed at length earlier in this thread and most recently in or around December.

Costs should be expected to be in the range of $800 to $900 per sq ft., depending on your design and finishes. A medium sized home is about 1800 sq ft.

High level finishes and upscale amenities will cost upwards of $1500 per sq ft.

Unrendered block walls and corrugated galvanized sheeting for the roof is much less.

User avatar
Kronik
Shifting into 6th
Posts: 2113
Joined: July 23rd, 2004, 9:37 pm
Location: Central
Contact:

Re: Building a house in Trinidad

Postby Kronik » June 25th, 2019, 9:35 pm

For who needImage

User avatar
QuietGiant
3NE 2NR for life
Posts: 173
Joined: October 14th, 2013, 12:31 am

Re: Building a house in Trinidad

Postby QuietGiant » June 26th, 2019, 5:04 pm

Anyone interested in buying one lot of land in freeport?

It's on a hill (so no worries about flooding/cesspit issues.)
The back and side are already fenced, just need to fence the 2 remaining sides.
Only maintenance it needs is the grass needs to cut, the land is already flat but no other issues.
(not town and country approved)

Calling $350, 000. for it, you'll get all papers/documents with it.

Reason for sale is i was planning on living close to family up there but they passed on. I moved up north by my last remaining family so i'm trying to get it sold to work on a house up here. Anyone?

User avatar
demented
Riding on 16's
Posts: 1227
Joined: March 23rd, 2005, 4:59 pm
Location: Looking.........
Contact:

Re: Building a house in Trinidad

Postby demented » June 27th, 2019, 2:47 pm

QuietGiant wrote:Anyone interested in buying one lot of land in freeport?

It's on a hill (so no worries about flooding/cesspit issues.)
The back and side are already fenced, just need to fence the 2 remaining sides.
Only maintenance it needs is the grass needs to cut, the land is already flat but no other issues.
(not town and country approved)

Calling $350, 000. for it, you'll get all papers/documents with it.

Reason for sale is i was planning on living close to family up there but they passed on. I moved up north by my last remaining family so i'm trying to get it sold to work on a house up here. Anyone?


PM me your contact info.

User avatar
urbandilema
I LUV THIS PLACE
Posts: 1031
Joined: July 28th, 2013, 2:23 pm

Re: Building a house in Trinidad

Postby urbandilema » July 6th, 2019, 2:22 pm

Kronik wrote:For who needImage
Actually msged them prices look competitive still pricing

User avatar
urbandilema
I LUV THIS PLACE
Posts: 1031
Joined: July 28th, 2013, 2:23 pm

Re: Building a house in Trinidad

Postby urbandilema » July 6th, 2019, 2:27 pm

Good evening one and all looking to do some work towards my home construction journey.here is the back story )
I got the land and purchased it..then the draughts man made the drawing and i submitted to tc sando..
Question can i start the foundation or i have to wait for approvals
And how much would it cost for a foundation 30 x50 for a split level...note it is not completely split as the land is undulating or sloping..

adnj
Riding on 17's
Posts: 1371
Joined: February 24th, 2014, 2:55 pm

Re: Building a house in Trinidad

Postby adnj » July 6th, 2019, 10:32 pm

You may want to get a cost estimate for project completion and approvals prior to any work being attempted.

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot], hondablood, shaneelal and 52 guests