Building a house in Trinidad

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

adnj
TriniTuner 24-7

Re: Building a house in Trinidad

Postby adnj » November 1st, 2019, 6:52 am

*KRONIK* wrote:Hey guys,
I looking for someone to do an application for me for WASA to run a 4” main.
They need an engineer to draw the plans to show the water lines, hydrants, slope an drainage etc.
I need that person to handle the entire process: drawings, applications, approvals etc.

If you all know anybody RELIABLE AND TRUSTWORTHY please send me the info.

Thanks

I sent you a PM.

halfkrack
Ricer

Postby halfkrack » November 1st, 2019, 11:31 am

adnj wrote:
pugboy wrote:Yes, the R factor is two or three times better with a 1.5” or more space than .5”
According to the sheet that the roll came with.
Air is a poor conductor so the larger the airspace the better.

rspann wrote:The space created by doing it after, will actually make it work better. Cut some 1/2" PVC pipe along the length, and use that with some tek point screws to hold it up on the purlins. There is also one to spray on ,but I can't recall it now.
Roofs have convective heat gain that is best handled with a dead space between the roof and the living area.

Roofs also have radiant heat gain that is best handled with a reflective barrier directly below the roof surface. The reflective layer should be between the roof and dead space -not the other way around.

The dead space can be created with a ceiling near the roof, an attic space, insulation (spray-on urethane, foam refrigeration panel or fiberglass blanket), or a combination and should include venting when possible.

I believe pugboy said that he added exhaust fans to move hot air out of his dead space which is one of the most cost effective methods.

Any advice on what can be done in the case of a groove ply ceiling under the galvanize with exposed wooden rafters?? Looking to save on AC costs cause once the sun out place does be hot nuh MC. Was thinking of installing the foil looking thing but would I have to take out all the galvanize to place that and then reinstall? Is a two storey/ split level so most of the ceiling real high from the inside.

adnj
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby adnj » November 1st, 2019, 12:59 pm

For a ceiling of exposed rafters (see photo) there isn't much that you can do because the space was designed not to use air conditioning.

Some options are:
Paint the roof a lighter color or bright metallic.
Add an exhaust fan.
Add a drop ceiling.
Paint the interior a lighter color.

[IMG]https://i.pinimg.com/originals/87/bb/e3/87bbe368e08fd473ac5b298a50a18d9b.jpg
[/IMG]

halfkrack
Ricer

Postby halfkrack » November 1st, 2019, 3:59 pm

Yeah its like that, looks ok, but damn the weather.

pugboy
TunerGod

Postby pugboy » November 1st, 2019, 4:01 pm

what about stapling the radiant barrier to the existing groove ply ceiling between the rafters and then installing another piece of groove ply to cover the radiant barrier ?
it will be some work but a competent joiner who can measure and cut ply accurately could do that.
Plus you could put spacers to have the barrier with a 1" gap for improved insulation.

Split level like that is pressure as it is a huge volume of air that is constantly being heated by the radiated heat and requires plenty aircon horsepower.

worksux101
3NE 2NR Moderator

Postby worksux101 » November 17th, 2019, 12:31 am

Any recommendations for a custom wooden front door?
Or somewhere with standard sizes that allows me to change the lock and install a smart lock

rspann
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby rspann » November 17th, 2019, 5:48 am

Wood doors usually come without the hole for the lock so you can use any option you want. Unique woodworking makes any type of wooden door, but there are lots of joiners all over that can do the same. Francis woodworking in Santa Cruz did a pair of full French Mahogany doors for me and it was some of the best workmanship I've ever seen.

pugboy
TunerGod

Postby pugboy » November 17th, 2019, 7:12 am

There is a guy just down from mas camp pub on right hand side in the compound with the auto garage who is quite capable.
He built a set of four for me which I used for bifold.

worksux101 wrote:Any recommendations for a custom wooden front door?
Or somewhere with standard sizes that allows me to change the lock and install a smart lock

SNIPER 3000
Riding on 17's

Postby SNIPER 3000 » November 20th, 2019, 9:19 pm

rspann wrote:[quote=" Kronik]
You could have just done an epoxy floor, guaranteed seamless[/quote]

I'm building a new building for my business and I'm going with the epoxy floor. I did some research and I agree with you on this. Getting the concrete perfectly level before epoxy is my main priority ,because I can't bear to see a wavy floor ,and it will be highlighted by the epoxy. Rory and others ,any ideas?[/quote]

Spann, did you go with the epoxy. I have been looking into this a lot, got some quotes and seriously considering doing it my self. SCL has a brand, three parts system. Still open to other suggestions. Also looking for a concrete grinder to rent, any suggestions? Thanks.

pugboy
TunerGod

Postby pugboy » November 20th, 2019, 9:24 pm

Have you seen creteart stuff ?
Check their fb

SNIPER 3000
Riding on 17's

Postby SNIPER 3000 » November 21st, 2019, 5:46 am

pugboy wrote:Have you seen creteart stuff ?
Check their fb

I am going to do this myself.

pugboy
TunerGod

Postby pugboy » November 21st, 2019, 5:48 am

Yes, they sell the products for diy

SNIPER 3000 wrote:
pugboy wrote:Have you seen creteart stuff ?
Check their fb

I am going to do this myself.

rspann
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby rspann » November 21st, 2019, 6:56 am

SNIPER 3000 wrote:

I'm building a new building for my business and I'm going with the epoxy floor. I did some research and I agree with you on this. Getting the concrete perfectly level before epoxy is my main priority ,because I can't bear to see a wavy floor ,and it will be highlighted by the epoxy. Rory and others ,any ideas?[/quote][/quote]

Spann, did you go with the epoxy. I have been looking into this a lot, got some quotes and seriously considering doing it my self. SCL has a brand, three parts system. Still open to other suggestions. Also looking for a concrete grinder to rent, any suggestions? Thanks.[/quote]

The building is just recently completed and the ground floor was done with fibre mesh concrete and power floated. It is smooth like glass and sealed properly, water just evaporates from it and it's dry in minutes. It's 3600 sq ft to be done and the self leveling is very expensive so I'm bringing my own and it's costing way less. I don't want ypto go with the pair type because it's jacks and jack stands in use plus the type of work going on might cause digs on the surface. If you want to see it it will give you an idea what to do. The concrete grinding is very expensive unless you do it yourself ( if it's a small area) and leaves a porous surface . Power floating is $1 per sq ft.

SNIPER 3000
Riding on 17's

Postby SNIPER 3000 » November 21st, 2019, 9:40 pm

rspann wrote:
SNIPER 3000 wrote:

I'm building a new building for my business and I'm going with the epoxy floor. I did some research and I agree with you on this. Getting the concrete perfectly level before epoxy is my main priority ,because I can't bear to see a wavy floor ,and it will be highlighted by the epoxy. Rory and others ,any ideas?[/quote][/quote]

Spann, did you go with the epoxy. I have been looking into this a lot, got some quotes and seriously considering doing it my self. SCL has a brand, three parts system. Still open to other suggestions. Also looking for a concrete grinder to rent, any suggestions? Thanks.[/quote][/quote][/quote]

The building is just recently completed and the ground floor was done with fibre mesh concrete and power floated. It is smooth like glass and sealed properly, water just evaporates from it and it's dry in minutes. It's 3600 sq ft to be done and the self leveling is very expensive so I'm bringing my own and it's costing way less. I don't want ypto go with the pair type because it's jacks and jack stands in use plus the type of work going on might cause digs on the surface. If you want to see it it will give you an idea what to do. The concrete grinding is very expensive unless you do it yourself ( if it's a small area) and leaves a porous surface . Power floating is $1 per sq ft.[/quote]

Thanks, would like to see it. PM me details.

Sheriff
Sweet on this forum

Postby Sheriff » December 12th, 2019, 3:42 pm

Guys I'm looking for this grinding disk, its for grinding concrete. Have anyone seen this locally and can advise on where.
Thanks.
Attachments
Grinding Disk.JPG

adnj
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby adnj » December 12th, 2019, 4:40 pm

You should find that at places like SSL, Bhagwansingh, Allied, etc. These aren't uncommon.

You will need to ask for a "diamond grinding cup wheel" or "diamond grinding cup."

Toyo1777
Street 2NR

Postby Toyo1777 » December 12th, 2019, 8:01 pm

Provided you already have land what is the average cost to build a two story house abt 1500sqf per floor?

adnj
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby adnj » December 12th, 2019, 8:24 pm

Toyo1777 wrote:Provided you already have land what is the average cost to build a two story house abt 1500sqf per floor?
This was covered at length in this thread in 2018. You can do a search here in this thread for "per sq ft" or similar and get more info.

Expect about $350 to $1000 per sq ft (~$1M to $3M) with wide variability due to location, conditions, finishes, features, etc.

At this price point, you should be speaking to a qualified architect that can give you sound advice.

Toyo1777
Street 2NR

Postby Toyo1777 » December 12th, 2019, 9:14 pm

Thanks.do you all see home/ land prices going down in the near future. It seems prices going up and lots/home sizes getting smaller

Lancernh
Street 2NR

Postby Lancernh » December 15th, 2019, 12:46 pm

Review of Tiling person so other tuners don’t get caught by false advertising
Really poor quality work to the point I am having to tile over tiles
And to top it off this guy took the $$ and left the job incomplete Image

adnj
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby adnj » December 15th, 2019, 12:59 pm

Title laying expert?

That's all that's necessary to move on to the next tileman.

maj. tom
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby maj. tom » December 15th, 2019, 1:15 pm

I think the only ones who claim that they are experts would not be expert since the more educated you are on a topic, the more you realize how much you don't know about a topic. A great example of this is the famous Richard Feynman interview on "how magnets work."

A real expert to be trusted in tiling would have the certification from education institutions and the paperwork to back it up. NESC offers courses in all these things.

Lancernh
Street 2NR

Postby Lancernh » December 15th, 2019, 3:26 pm

adnj wrote:Title laying expert?

That's all that's necessary to move on to the next tileman.

True story

Lancernh
Street 2NR

Postby Lancernh » December 15th, 2019, 3:31 pm

Lancernh wrote:Review of Tiling person so other tuners don’t get caught by false advertising

Is there a forum to post something like this so that other people don’t fall victim?

After meticulous planning someone like this basically come in and undo everything ( the finishing touches )

Ryan197912
3NE 2NR for life

Postby Ryan197912 » December 15th, 2019, 3:47 pm

Lancernh wrote:
Lancernh wrote:Review of Tiling person so other tuners don’t get caught by false advertising

Is there a forum to post something like this so that other people don’t fall victim?
There is little recourse in TnT for victims of poor workmanship by tradesmen. Posting negative comments online can potentially open yourself up to being sued by the perpetrator as recent court judgments has revealed.
After meticulous planning someone like this basically come in and undo everything ( the finishing touches )

hong kong phooey
punchin NOS

Postby hong kong phooey » December 15th, 2019, 11:29 pm

Sheriff wrote:Guys I'm looking for this grinding disk, its for grinding concrete. Have anyone seen this locally and can advise on where.
Thanks.

yes i saw in allied that was after i bought in amazon and price was decent compared

hong kong phooey
punchin NOS

Postby hong kong phooey » December 16th, 2019, 4:09 am

price of disc on amazon

pugboy
TunerGod

Postby pugboy » December 16th, 2019, 7:18 am

the cup shaped one might be better though, higher off the ground

eitech
punchin NOS

Postby eitech » December 31st, 2019, 11:06 pm

Is it common to have a pressure regulator on ur service line to ur house? Sometimes i see wasa pressure reaching 85psi.

rspann
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby rspann » January 1st, 2020, 8:29 am

:shock: Wey you living ? Next door to the Wasa treatment plant?

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”