Building a house in Trinidad

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

stang
3NE 2NR for life

Re: Building a house in Trinidad

Postby stang » October 19th, 2017, 6:05 pm

Duane 3NE 2NR wrote:
stang wrote:Been looking for vent blocks that are "shelled shaped". Had them in a house that was constructed in the 80's and want to install in the laundry room of a new construction.

Looked in St. Augustine and Chaguanas areas and no hardware has them. Any suggestion on a possible location to be able to purchase this weekend.

can you post a pic of the existing ones?

Looks similar to this (smaller, about 6-8 inches):

hong kong phooey
punchin NOS

Postby hong kong phooey » October 19th, 2017, 11:38 pm

for the shell shaped blocks contact trinidad aggregate products they used to make it . you will know if they still do
http://www.tapltd.org/index-3.html

PHILLIP AUGUSTUS ROAD, LONGDENVILLE, TRINIDAD AND TOBAGO.
Telephone: +1 868 665-4544
Telephone: +1 868 665-3391
FAX: +1 868 671-2721
E-mail: tapltd@tstt.net.tt
#16 DELHI STREET ST JAMES POS.
Telephone: +1 868 628-0576
Telephone: +1 868 622-2242
FAX: +1 868 628-0576
E-mail: tapltd@tstt.net.tt

hong kong phooey
punchin NOS

Postby hong kong phooey » October 19th, 2017, 11:41 pm

Also consider thats these blocks are open which allow creepy crawlies and mosquitos into the area

Kronik
18 pounds of Boost

Postby Kronik » October 20th, 2017, 7:18 am

Whey, you know how long I ain't see them blocks. But see for the fact that insects could come in, I don't like it for that

ADONI
18 pounds of Boost

Postby ADONI » October 31st, 2017, 10:56 am

Hey guys, looks like my sis two bathrooms need to do over or remodeled. They are leaking. What can I use to protect the laminate flooring outside and on the steps from the work men traffic?

GOAT
Sweet on this forum

Postby GOAT » October 31st, 2017, 11:10 am

Fellas whats an estimate for a simple 3 bedroom flats and simple 3 bedroom upstairs with 1 bedroom downstairs 2-story?
Forget about fencing, and land fulling and stuff just talking about the house structure.

urbandilema
I LUV THIS PLACE

Postby urbandilema » October 31st, 2017, 9:10 pm

GOAT wrote:Fellas whats an estimate for a simple 3 bedroom flats and simple 3 bedroom upstairs with 1 bedroom downstairs 2-story?
Forget about fencing, and land fulling and stuff just talking about the house structure.

X2

Sent from my SM-G900H using TriniTuner mobile app

SmokeyGTi
punchin NOS

Postby SmokeyGTi » November 10th, 2017, 9:19 am

Hey Guys I need some advice

I'm in the process of having my house plan approved. I've already passed T/C planning approval and it's with the Borough corporation at present. As usual we're going through the motions where they ask for changes and we make them, submit, they ask for other something else etc. This is the latest iteration of what they want.

I was given this form and told that it has to be filled out - "Notice to erect a Water Closet and Septic Tank"
This is the form:

The problem is that the development the land is on has a sewer treatment plant no no cesspit is necessary.
What do I put for questions 5, 6, and 7?

Even the plumber I used to design the system is confused. I got him to sign the form and if I have to fill in the details myself I will.

eitech
punchin NOS

Postby eitech » November 11th, 2017, 4:06 pm

Question: if i am purchasing a house unfurnished, should a sales agreement mention what the house should or should not contain? What prevents the owner from removing certain items (eg mobile cupboards) after i have signed?

mitsutt
Trinituner Peong

Postby mitsutt » November 11th, 2017, 10:44 pm

eitech wrote:Question: if i am purchasing a house unfurnished, should a sales agreement mention what the house should or should not contain? What prevents the owner from removing certain items (eg mobile cupboards) after i have signed?

Why don't you pay an attorney to do/ review the agreement ? The house is unfurnished there is no need to mention cupboards

eitech
punchin NOS

Postby eitech » November 12th, 2017, 3:45 am

mitsutt wrote:
eitech wrote:Question: if i am purchasing a house unfurnished, should a sales agreement mention what the house should or should not contain? What prevents the owner from removing certain items (eg mobile cupboards) after i have signed?

Why don't you pay an attorney to do/ review the agreement ? The house is unfurnished there is no need to mention cupboards

In early discussions with the seller via email he mentioned that as unfurnished, he would be removing two mobile cupboards from two of the bedrooms. Then, he changed his mind and said he will leave them. I know of ppl who bought a house and fixtures, etc, were removed and my question is how do u prevent that? Does unfurnished mean specific stuff that should not be removed?Yes i plan on getting a lawyer to review. Just using this medium in the interim.

Cantmis
punchin NOS

Postby Cantmis » November 13th, 2017, 11:40 pm

hong kong phooey
punchin NOS

Postby hong kong phooey » November 14th, 2017, 12:32 am

eitech wrote:
mitsutt wrote:

In early discussions with the seller via email he mentioned that as unfurnished, he would be removing two mobile cupboards from two of the bedrooms. Then, he changed his mind and said he will leave them. I know of ppl who bought a house and fixtures, etc, were removed and my question is how do u prevent that? Does unfurnished mean specific stuff that should not be removed?Yes i plan on getting a lawyer to review. Just using this medium in the interim.

Call the police and Arrest him for trespassing . theft etc . see how quickly he will sort it out .
i had the same problem when i purchased a house . the agreement was as is but giving the owner time to move out, she moved out with every thing stove, water tank beds etc. in a way it was good as it cleaned out the house for me but then again it was mines according to the deal and she just had to ask the choice should have been mines if i wanted to give away that stuff or burn it.

When i purchased my second property the sale quote had every thing down to the pots and glasses.

sekhar_777
3NE 2NR for life

Postby sekhar_777 » November 14th, 2017, 7:11 am

I am able to source Greenheart wood at a very good price and would like to use it in the kitchen. What is your take on this from a regulations/fire hazard perspective and appropriateness for this purpose. I was told that once dried properly, this can take water, hence people use it for outside porches etc.

blacklight
Sweet on this forum

Postby blacklight » November 14th, 2017, 7:33 am

Anyone have a contact for a good architect to do some drawings?

stang
3NE 2NR for life

Postby stang » November 14th, 2017, 3:34 pm

Up to the stage of painting a new concrete building.Need some advise on how to prepare the walls prior to painting the primer. I know you have to sand and fill, but what are the techniques for doing it quickly and effectively. Using a stone or a grinder and whats the best filler to use.

The red sand I got was bad and had a lot of clay/dirt resulting in holes forming in the plaster. Can this be filled with wall filler or will have to skim.

low-profile
Street 2NR

Postby low-profile » November 14th, 2017, 6:45 pm

if the holes are big u can put back some mortar but smaller holes can filler. i used fleetwood filler. came in a box and was much better than harricrete concrete filler in my opinion. as for wall preparation, just buy a couple masonry rubbing stones and rub out the loose sand on the walls. make sure to dust it off properly before priming.

if u dont trust the plastering you can use an acrylic sealer before u prime. i was told that poly v can be mixed with water and applied on walls as well. it acts as a sealer. i never tried it though

low-profile
Street 2NR

Postby low-profile » November 14th, 2017, 6:55 pm

looking to rent a concrete ground pump to cast a driveway. who has the cheapest rates?

rspann
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby rspann » November 14th, 2017, 6:56 pm

low-profile wrote:if the holes are big u can put back some mortar but smaller holes can filler. i used fleetwood filler. came in a box and was much better than harricrete concrete filler in my opinion. as for wall preparation, just buy a couple masonry rubbing stones and rub out the loose sand on the walls. make sure to dust it off properly before priming.

if u dont trust the plastering you can use an acrylic sealer before u prime. i was told that poly v can be mixed with water and applied on walls as well. it acts as a sealer. i never tried it though

Poly V works , you can also use penetrating fluid. I never use poly filla. I let them rub with the stones or a piece of concrete block , fill every hole and scratch with a rich mortar mix , rub back out and prime ,twice. Then paint.

hong kong phooey
punchin NOS

Postby hong kong phooey » November 15th, 2017, 12:39 am

rspann wrote:
low-profile wrote:if the holes are big u can put back some mortar but smaller holes can filler. i used fleetwood filler. came in a box and was much better than harricrete concrete filler in my opinion. as for wall preparation, just buy a couple masonry rubbing stones and rub out the loose sand on the walls. make sure to dust it off properly before priming.

Poly V works , you can also use penetrating fluid. I never use poly filla. I let them rub with the stones or a piece of concrete block , fill every hole and scratch with a rich mortar mix , rub back out and prime ,twice. Then paint.

Yeah you need to be careful with those fillers. from experience some of them disintegrate when you power washing the walls .
Before repainting someone home we power washed the walls because it was dirty some of the spots with the filler dug out with the use of the pressure washer.

Chimera
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Chimera » November 15th, 2017, 8:19 pm

anyone have a price of 5 gauge and 8 gauge brc rolls recently

A172
Trying to catch PATCH AND VEGA

Postby A172 » November 16th, 2017, 9:41 am

blacklight wrote:Anyone have a contact for a good architect to do some drawings?
IDS Designs: Kurland 793-1318

blacklight
Sweet on this forum

Postby blacklight » November 16th, 2017, 9:45 am

A172 wrote:
blacklight wrote:Anyone have a contact for a good architect to do some drawings?
IDS Designs: Kurland 793-1318

Thanks

A172
Trying to catch PATCH AND VEGA

Postby A172 » November 16th, 2017, 9:48 am

no scn
he also has his own work teams so u aint hadda fight up to get contractor etc after

sekhar_777
3NE 2NR for life

Postby sekhar_777 » November 16th, 2017, 10:24 am

Raj 6859468

SmokeyGTi
punchin NOS

Postby SmokeyGTi » November 16th, 2017, 10:49 am

Hey guys,

Don't know if this is a repost, but to anyone interested in obtaining approvals from a Borough or regional corporation, the following link will prove useful:

http://www.tunapunapiarcoregional.org/bi.html

sekhar_777
3NE 2NR for life

Postby sekhar_777 » November 16th, 2017, 11:16 am

Req Comp Cert.JPG
SmokeyGTi wrote:Hey guys,
Don't know if this is a repost, but to anyone interested in obtaining approvals from a Borough or regional corporation, the following link will prove useful:

http://www.tunapunapiarcoregional.org/bi.html

CTTRC Completion Certificate Requirements that I got yesterday.

urbandilema
I LUV THIS PLACE

Postby urbandilema » November 17th, 2017, 9:16 am

Anyone could give me and estimate is for a 3 bedroom 2 bath flats as well as a two storey with material and labour..the land has slight slope to add..it's for the bank

*KRONIK*
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby *KRONIK* » November 17th, 2017, 10:01 am

Cater 450k for the flats
600k + for 2 storey

urbandilema
I LUV THIS PLACE

Postby urbandilema » November 17th, 2017, 10:29 am

*KRONIK* wrote:Cater 450k for the flats
600k + for 2 storey