Forums

Building a house in Trinidad

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

pugboy
TunerGod

Re: Building a house in Trinidad

Postby pugboy » March 31st, 2020, 8:35 pm

better in long run to buy readymix truck delivered if you can afford it.

hand mixed soup concrete will be very inconsistent and porous.

linton
3NE 2NR for life

Postby linton » March 31st, 2020, 8:43 pm

pugboy wrote:better in long run to buy readymix truck delivered if you can afford it.

I'll find out but the mason is doing it so i just wanted to be sure he does the right thing

screwbash
Riding on 18's

Postby screwbash » April 2nd, 2020, 4:32 am

this coronavirus too shall pass but when it does another will follow in 10 years or so. i think its time for us trinis to look into building an underground bunker with every house that is built. stock with food, mediation and protection. I think 6 months of food is sufficent as well as amazon an walmart has emergency food that last 25 years if not opened. stuff like potato, vegetables, fruit, meats etc. but my question is do we need TC approval to build basement/bunker in trinidad? would this be like a simple next floor but underground ? what about water seeping tru the walls or ventilation. also idk if there is a place in trinidad that one can buy guns if they dont have a FUL legally. if police ketch u with a bunker full of food, medication, water and other doom day stuff as well a a few illegal guns can you be charged or jailed for the guns ?

screwbash
Riding on 18's

Postby screwbash » April 2nd, 2020, 4:37 am

pugboy wrote:better in long run to buy readymix truck delivered if you can afford it.

i had a man concrete a floor for me recently and he made a soup mixture and said it will be smooth. when this ting dry and i wet it with the hose the top started to flake out as all the cement rise to the top and as it flake out the gravel exposed and washing out with a normal hose. he want me to screen it after. man if it wasnt for my christian upbringing i wuda tell he go ahead and doh pay he mc when he finish but i tell he i will call when i ready but i not giving he a next wuk in life. dese fellas does want to know y dey does be ketching they ass normally dey doh realize is god punishing they ass for robbing people..

he charge $4000 labour
10 bag cement - $500
2.5 yard gravel - ? ( i bought a load at $1900)

readymix wuda cost prob $1800 plus me an a padna wuda level off. definitely readymix is a better option

pugboy
TunerGod

Postby pugboy » April 2nd, 2020, 6:51 am

you can pay a little extra and have them add the fiberglass to the mix

Ryan197912
3NE 2NR for life

Postby Ryan197912 » April 2nd, 2020, 7:56 am

linton wrote:On a related. What is the mix for concreting a yard ? How thick it should be ?
It's gravel and cement , do you put any sand in it ? Somewhere I read they use sharp sand to make it easier to spread.

4 or 5 inches thick..depending on the load to be placed on the finished surface.
Ensure ground is properly compacted.
Buy 1/2 and 1/2 gravel...mix is 3 barrows to 1 cement.

carluva
Shifting into 6th

Postby carluva » April 2nd, 2020, 8:30 am

I used sharp sand. But only as a screed mix. It shouldn't be used in lieu of gravel. Only use a sharp sand screed mix atop a concrete floor which has been reinforced.
Ryan197912 wrote:
linton wrote:On a related. What is the mix for concreting a yard ? How thick it should be ?
It's gravel and cement , do you put any sand in it ? Somewhere I read they use sharp sand to make it easier to spread.

4 or 5 inches thick..depending on the load to be placed on the finished surface.
Ensure ground is properly compacted.
Buy 1/2 and 1/2 gravel...mix is 3 barrows to 1 cement.

screwbash
Riding on 18's

Postby screwbash » April 6th, 2020, 4:03 pm

anyone know where i can get a sheet of clear plexi tomorrow and wuz d average price so

shake d livin wake d dead
TunerGod

Postby shake d livin wake d dead » April 6th, 2020, 4:30 pm

screwbash wrote:this coronavirus too shall pass but when it does another will follow in 10 years or so. i think its time for us trinis to look into building an underground bunker with every house that is built. stock with food, mediation and protection. I think 6 months of food is sufficent as well as amazon an walmart has emergency food that last 25 years if not opened. stuff like potato, vegetables, fruit, meats etc. but my question is do we need TC approval to build basement/bunker in trinidad? would this be like a simple next floor but underground ? what about water seeping tru the walls or ventilation. also idk if there is a place in trinidad that one can buy guns if they dont have a FUL legally. if police ketch u with a bunker full of food, medication, water and other doom day stuff as well a a few illegal guns can you be charged or jailed for the guns ?

Like yuh now watch Blast from the past :lol:

carluva
Shifting into 6th

Postby carluva » April 6th, 2020, 10:23 pm

screwbash wrote:anyone know where i can get a sheet of clear plexi tomorrow and wuz d average price so
What area?

Chimera
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Chimera » April 6th, 2020, 11:04 pm

whats the scene with having workers in this lockdown times?

have some burglar proof to fabricate and install, a shed to put up and some fencing to do in different locations

and all 3 crucial for safety.

screwbash
Riding on 18's

Postby screwbash » April 7th, 2020, 3:39 am

carluva wrote:
screwbash wrote:anyone know where i can get a sheet of clear plexi tomorrow and wuz d average price so
What area?

morvant

NR8
Riding on 18's

Postby NR8 » April 7th, 2020, 4:37 am

screwbash wrote:
carluva wrote:
What area?

morvant

Try Bhagwansingh Sea Lots. Price is dependent on thickness.

carluva
Shifting into 6th

Postby carluva » April 7th, 2020, 9:06 am

This. Last time I checked a local hardware, the cost was close to 1200 for a 3/8" thick sheet, iirc. Plexi sheets are 8' x 4' so it is kinda expensive
NR8 wrote:
screwbash wrote:
carluva wrote:
What area?

morvant

screwbash
Riding on 18's

Postby screwbash » April 7th, 2020, 6:08 pm

carluva wrote:This. Last time I checked a local hardware, the cost was close to 1200 for a 3/8" thick sheet, iirc. Plexi sheets are 8' x 4' so it is kinda expensive
NR8 wrote:
screwbash wrote:
carluva wrote:
What area?

morvant

jeeze boi. i was gonna use it to block the counter with the customers similar to what republic installed. i go use some clear table cloth yes.

shake d livin wake d dead
TunerGod

Postby shake d livin wake d dead » April 8th, 2020, 5:09 am

Phone Surgeon wrote:whats the scene with having workers in this lockdown times?

have some burglar proof to fabricate and install, a shed to put up and some fencing to do in different locations

I saw one job site with three workers and TTPS allowed it.. However, another site had men blocking up and it was stopped...so my guess is take a chance...shrugs shoulders

pugboy
TunerGod

Postby pugboy » April 8th, 2020, 6:27 am

i see a chinese grocery use pvc pipe to make a vertical frame and wrap saran wrap around it

screwbash wrote:
carluva wrote:This. Last time I checked a local hardware, the cost was close to 1200 for a 3/8" thick sheet, iirc. Plexi sheets are 8' x 4' so it is kinda expensive
NR8 wrote:
screwbash wrote:
carluva wrote:
What area?

morvant

jeeze boi. i was gonna use it to block the counter with the customers similar to what republic installed. i go use some clear table cloth yes.

rspann
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby rspann » April 8th, 2020, 9:24 am

Phone Surgeon wrote:whats the scene with having workers in this lockdown times?

Normel . I have a painter sequestered in a house right now and the hardware opening for material.

carluva
Shifting into 6th

Postby carluva » April 8th, 2020, 1:38 pm

Guys I need some advice related to the pic.

That's a buried 4 inch pipe. It just takes rain water from guttering downspouts and surface water away from house to a main drain.

The top was cracked. The culprit was a root from a nearby neem tree that exerted some real strain on the pipe. I dug as you see there and cut out the cracked section on top. I really did that to clear the blockage of dirt that fell in.

Now I know I can use a 4 inch union and a coupling with a short section of pipe in between. I doubt I have enough wiggle room to set two couplings and a section of pipe.

Any ideas on how I can repair? I was thinking to get a small piece of 6 inch pipe and cut it across the section to get a "cap" to fit over that opening I made. Not sure if that'll work.

I looking for something easy and prefer not to dig deeper, unless I have to, which will be there case to install the union. The soil hard af and I don't want to bust my tail unnecessarily.

Any ideas to offer?

Thanks.
IMG_20200408_132646302_HDR.jpeg

rspann
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby rspann » April 8th, 2020, 2:13 pm

Patch it as you said but use the same diameter pipe . Sand it good before you stick and you could use a few tek point to secure it too . Use concrete to close back up don't use fill .

adnj
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby adnj » April 8th, 2020, 2:26 pm

rspann wrote:Patch it as you said but use the same diameter pipe . Sand it good before you stick and you could use a few tek point to secure it too . Use concrete to close back up don't use fill .
That is the best method. I would use a patch with an extra few inches around the opening edges.

Seal the patch and secure it around the circumference with band clamps or perhaps galvanized wire. Use water to soften the soil under the pipes so that you can clear the path for the clamps.

pugboy
TunerGod

Postby pugboy » April 8th, 2020, 2:36 pm

plenty of them tek screws and galv wire does rust
not sure how to tell which ones better

or you can use good quality roofing stitch screws from a company like roofing systems
not the noname screws

rspann
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby rspann » April 8th, 2020, 2:46 pm

pugboy wrote:plenty of them tek screws and galv wire does rust
not sure how to tell which ones better

or you can use good quality roofing stitch screws from a company like roofing systems
not the noname screws

Agreed. The galv wire could work since it won't be needed after the glue dries , so even if it rust out it won't make a difference . If you use tying wire and concrete , the concrete will make an oxide coating (passive layer ) on the wire that inhibits rusting.
Ever notice if you demolish concrete after 50 yrs the wire is still good but has a white coating ?

jason_79
Street 2NR

Building a house in Trinidad

Postby jason_79 » April 8th, 2020, 2:47 pm

carluva wrote:Guys I need some advice related to the pic.

That's a buried 4 inch pipe. It just takes rain water from guttering downspouts and surface water away from house to a main drain.

The top was cracked. The culprit was a root from a nearby neem tree that exerted some real strain on the pipe. I dug as you see there and cut out the cracked section on top. I really did that to clear the blockage of dirt that fell in.

Now I know I can use a 4 inch union and a coupling with a short section of pipe in between. I doubt I have enough wiggle room to set two couplings and a section of pipe.

Any ideas on how I can repair? I was thinking to get a small piece of 6 inch pipe and cut it across the section to get a "cap" to fit over that opening I made. Not sure if that'll work.

I looking for something easy and prefer not to dig deeper, unless I have to, which will be there case to install the union. The soil hard af and I don't want to bust my tail unnecessarily.

Any ideas to offer?

Thanks.
The attachment IMG_20200408_132646302_HDR.jpeg is no longer available

Since it’s just just rain water u could also do something like this. I did this for a 3/4 inch water main. U could also use 4/5 elbow instead
IMG_7784.JPG

rspann
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby rspann » April 8th, 2020, 2:50 pm

jason-79 ,good technique .

carluva
Shifting into 6th

Postby carluva » April 8th, 2020, 3:04 pm

Thanks guys. I'll try a patch.

I did a repair using two 90 for a water line already.

I think the two 90 or two 45 will be a challenge as I'll have to dig some more plus it'll be a blocking point for and sediment and sludge that accumulates over time.

I'll try the patch and let you know how it works. I quite like the tips...

rspann
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby rspann » April 8th, 2020, 3:07 pm

carluva wrote:Thanks guys. I'll try a patch.

I did a repair using two 90 for a water line already.

I think the two 90 or two 45 will be a challenge as I'll have to dig some more plus it'll be a blocking point for and sediment and sludge that accumulates over time.

I'll try the patch and let you know how it works. I quite like the tips...

4 90's is a piece of money though . Shortcut is the best as no pressure is involved .

adnj
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby adnj » April 8th, 2020, 3:54 pm

In general, a 4×90° circuit adds a good amount of flow friction.

What we do if you are patching a short section of PVC pipe:
- file the center lands from two couplings until they will slide over the pipe.
- place one coupling on either side of the patch.
- cut the pipe patch to the exact length between the pipe ends
- mark the pipe to show where the couplings should be when installed.
- add cement to all pipe ends and slide the couplings into place from either side.

Sometimes you can get away with only filing one coupling and install the other as you normally would.

pugboy
TunerGod

Postby pugboy » April 8th, 2020, 4:42 pm

how you sliding them fittings ?
with grease ?
i find bigger fittings does give real trouble to slide on
they bind a lot.

adnj wrote:In general, a 4×90° circuit adds a good amount of flow friction.

What we do if you are patching a short section of PVC pipe:
- file the center lands from two couplings until they will slide over the pipe.
- place one coupling on either side of the patch.
- cut the pipe patch to the exact length between the pipe ends
- mark the pipe to show where the couplings should be when installed.
- add cement to all pipe ends and slide the couplings into place from either side.

Sometimes you can get away with only filing one coupling and install the other as you normally would.

Gladiator
punchin NOS

Postby Gladiator » April 8th, 2020, 6:48 pm

Spann... That's actually a very bad technique. Use a union please. All them elbow will just restrict flow...
rspann wrote:jason-79 ,good technique .

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”