Forums

Building a house in Trinidad

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

rspann
TriniTuner 24-7

Re: Building a house in Trinidad

Postby rspann » October 29th, 2018, 6:57 pm

If you don't mind digging the floor in the bath, you could put a trap in the floor and refill and tile it. The better way is to cut the line on the outside wall and put it there. As long as there is a trap, the smell would not come in. BTW, sewer or septic tank?

TTbago
Riding on 13's

Postby TTbago » October 29th, 2018, 8:16 pm

Who has the best prices on Gypsum sheets these days?

eitech
punchin NOS

Postby eitech » October 29th, 2018, 9:14 pm

rspann wrote:If you don't mind digging the floor in the bath, you could put a trap in the floor and refill and tile it. The better way is to cut the line on the outside wall and put it there. As long as there is a trap, the smell would not come in. BTW, sewer or septic tank?

Septic tank. I was watchin the lines outside. Still cannot visualise where that trap will go. It have some pipes. I know the one goin up to the vent. Will that pipe be underground as well?

rspann
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby rspann » October 29th, 2018, 10:29 pm

So the bathroom waste water not going into the sewer line ,(at least it's not supposed to) why you getting a scent then? The scent comes from when the untrapped lines go into a sewer line. The water in the trap prevents the smell from coming up the pipe. You might have to look in a different direction.

RedVEVO
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby RedVEVO » October 30th, 2018, 12:47 am

R.P.J wrote:Any advice on asking town an country or the building inspector at the Corporation to Increase the height of my wall from 4 feet to 7 feet

Do you have to ask their permission ?

Land boundaries have an easement but wall height :shock:

hong kong phooey
punchin NOS

Postby hong kong phooey » October 30th, 2018, 3:34 am

eitech wrote:
rspann wrote:If you don't mind digging the floor in the bath, you could put a trap in the floor and refill and tile it. The better way is to cut the line on the outside wall and put it there. As long as there is a trap, the smell would not come in. BTW, sewer or septic tank?

Septic tank. I was watchin the lines outside. Still cannot visualise where that trap will go. It have some pipes. I know the one goin up to the vent. Will that pipe be underground as well?

Did you check your vent line to see if it is blocked.
if you say the smell is musty did you check to see if there is molds in the bathroom. try plugging the vent lines and see if the scent is still there. if it is there then it might be coming from another source- molds. bathroom have alot of moisture and molds thrive in this. it is difficult to pinpoint their exact location. Do you have an extractor fan in your bathroom ?
Just some other ideas , might be totally unrelated to your problem .

eitech
punchin NOS

Postby eitech » October 30th, 2018, 6:44 am

hong kong phooey wrote:
eitech wrote:

if you say the smell is musty did you check to see if there is molds in the bathroom. try plugging the vent lines and see if the scent is still there. if it is there then it might be coming from another source- molds. bathroom have alot of moisture and molds thrive in this. it is difficult to pinpoint their exact location. Do you have an extractor fan in your bathroom ?

Havent checked the vents yet. Was assuming a blocked vent would lead to drainage issues.
No mold in bathroom or extractor fan

adnj
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby adnj » October 30th, 2018, 7:52 am

** Depending on the size and run length, the line may not be vented.
** rspann is correct, gray water should not be run into a septic tank

If you aren't sure where your line is running, you may want to find out first.

You may also find that the pipe is improperly run with insufficient slope. Waste or outside drain water may be left standing in the pipe.

rspann wrote:So the bathroom waste water not going into the sewer line ,(at least it's not supposed to) why you getting a scent then? The scent comes from when the untrapped lines go into a sewer line. The water in the trap prevents the smell from coming up the pipe. You might have to look in a different direction.
hong kong phooey wrote:
eitech wrote:

eitech wrote:
hong kong phooey wrote:
eitech wrote:

Havent checked the vents yet. Was assuming a blocked vent would lead to drainage issues.
No mold in bathroom or extractor fan

pugboy
TunerGod

Postby pugboy » October 30th, 2018, 8:08 am

I would imagine if gray/drain water was going to septic tank
the septic tank would be overflowing in no time at all

if there is a cover on the septic tank remove it and see if water flows in when the drain is question is being utilized

eitech
punchin NOS

Postby eitech » October 30th, 2018, 9:11 pm

pugboy wrote:I would imagine if gray/drain water was going to septic tank
the septic tank would be overflowing in no time at all

if there is a cover on the septic tank remove it and see if water flows in when the drain is question is being utilized

So i jus filled my bathroom shower about 4 inches and emptied. I opened the septic inspection port and i am not hearing any liquid rushing in or seeing any turbulence. Besides the level has been the same for the last 6 mths. Interestingly when i was outside i heard the water draining through a pipe in the wall. Couldn’t pin point it exactly.

This is d setup outside both bathrooms. I suspect the pipe to the far right is d drain cuz i observed a small leak at the bottom where it enters d ground. Will have to confirm that.

rspann
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby rspann » October 30th, 2018, 9:31 pm

Right where it's coming out the wall, put a tee to the right, install a trap and then re-route the line back to the drain. ( I would dig it up and use new pipes with correct slopes so I would be sure I had no hidden problems ). The trap alone should get rid of your smell. Also build a small catchment area with a run off drain or pipe to deal with that water from the garden tap soaking your foundation.

eitech
punchin NOS

Postby eitech » October 30th, 2018, 9:52 pm

rspann wrote:Right where it's coming out the wall, put a tee to the right, install a trap and then re-route the line back to the drain. ( I would dig it up and use new pipes with correct slopes so I would be sure I had no hidden problems ). The trap alone should get rid of your smell. Also build a small catchment area with a run off drain or pipe to deal with that water from the garden tap soaking your foundation.

There is a plug on that pipe. I will try to remove it and have a look and check for d same scent. Oh and i dont use that garden tap. It not leaking too but tnx for the suggestion.

pugboy
TunerGod

Postby pugboy » October 30th, 2018, 9:54 pm

So you don't know where that rightside pipe drains to?

It looks like they used heat to soften and open the pipe to make the join there, prob leaking there.

eitech
punchin NOS

Postby eitech » October 30th, 2018, 10:15 pm

[quote="pugboy"]So you don't know where that rightside pipe drains to?

It looks like they used heat to soften and open the pipe to make the join there, prob leaking there.[/

Cant say i know but not the septic. Hopefully its to some main drain out the road

pugboy
TunerGod

Postby pugboy » October 31st, 2018, 7:53 am

as Spann say, just install a trap
cut out where that join is and put trap between there
need to scrape off paint to get good glue stick

that drain line doesnt appear to be vented either, so put a vent line

I guess there is a toilet next and a sink right after

hong kong phooey
punchin NOS

Postby hong kong phooey » October 31st, 2018, 8:10 am

As span said remove the two plugs on the 1 1/2" /or 2" lines and narrow down which line the smell coming from .

eitech
punchin NOS

Postby eitech » October 31st, 2018, 6:52 pm

hong kong phooey wrote:As span said remove the two plugs on the 1 1/2" /or 2" lines and narrow down which line the smell coming from .

So guys i removed the plug to the right and the bathroom drain goes straight out there. It is quite clean. The scent is not so bad but some days it is but it is d same scent nonetheless. So explain how exactly i putting a p-trap there cuz i will have to do it for the next bathroom. Also , must i include a vent. A drawing would be nice

pugboy
TunerGod

Postby pugboy » October 31st, 2018, 6:59 pm

a trap is basically a kinda half loop which traps some water to act as a barrier to air, water can pass but will always have a little water left in the loop to act as air lock.

your kitchen sink should have a trap below, check and see
If not we can post a pic later

eitech
punchin NOS

Postby eitech » October 31st, 2018, 7:52 pm

pugboy wrote:a trap is basically a kinda half loop which traps some water to act as a barrier to air, water can pass but will always have a little water left in the loop to act as air lock.

your kitchen sink should have a trap below, check and see
If not we can post a pic later

Yea i saw it already. So jus cut back the outlet, install trap, and reconnect to drain. Got it

pugboy
TunerGod

Postby pugboy » October 31st, 2018, 7:55 pm

i believe the vent if you plan to put one should go below the trap, you prob will need one because the trap acts as an air lock

demented
Riding on 17's

Postby demented » November 1st, 2018, 12:46 pm

Anybody knows where sells sheets of PVC like cardboard. i see persons printing product advertisements on them in the supermarkets.

*KRONIK*
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby *KRONIK* » November 1st, 2018, 12:52 pm

demented wrote:Anybody knows where sells sheets of PVC like cardboard. i see persons printing product advertisements on them in the supermarkets.
Check a sign shop

urbandilema
I LUV THIS PLACE

Postby urbandilema » November 11th, 2018, 3:55 pm

Good day tuners..lil advice from y'all in the steps...here is the scenario recently purchased a lot of land.it has all the approvals and loan got sorted by the bank..received my deed and everyting on my name..what's the best way to prioterize my plan to build and any other advice as do the plan..

low-profile
Street 2NR

Postby low-profile » November 17th, 2018, 7:40 am

good day guys. i'm having some issues with cracking on the walls outside of my house, mainly the ones on the weathered side. its like a network of very fine cracks on the plaster througout the entire walls. this is only on the outside. inside is fine. i assume its rain water soaking in and causing the cracking because i just primed the walls and didnt paint as yet.

is there any kind of sealer u guys can suggest that would work for me? would a poly v and water mixture work now as the walls are already primed?

adnj
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby adnj » November 17th, 2018, 9:17 am

The cracks are likely caused by the concrete plaster curing too quickly. It may not have been caused by rain but it can let rain in.

There are various ways to repair, patch or smooth the wall such as oil - based putty, epoxy - based liquid crack repair or a concrete repair plaster with made with equal parts water and PVA (Poly-V).
low-profile wrote:good day guys. i'm having some issues with cracking on the walls outside of my house, mainly the ones on the weathered side. its like a network of very fine cracks on the plaster througout the entire walls. this is only on the outside. inside is fine. i assume its rain water soaking in and causing the cracking because i just primed the walls and didnt paint as yet.

is there any kind of sealer u guys can suggest that would work for me? would a poly v and water mixture work now as the walls are already primed?

toscati
Street 2NR

Postby toscati » November 17th, 2018, 1:37 pm

Hey everyone, any recommendations for a good plumber in the east? St Augustine and environs?
My water pump needs a seal replaced and my regular plumber is extremely busy.

pugboy
TunerGod

Postby pugboy » November 17th, 2018, 1:48 pm

if you are handy, it is not hard to do
could guide you on how to do it if you are

toscati wrote:Hey everyone, any recommendations for a good plumber in the east? St Augustine and environs?

toscati
Street 2NR

Postby toscati » November 17th, 2018, 2:58 pm

I'm learning to be handy with some things, wish I had observed my father more!
But still would prefer to get someone

pugboy wrote:if you are handy, it is not hard to do
could guide you on how to do it if you are

toscati wrote:Hey everyone, any recommendations for a good plumber in the east? St Augustine and environs?

pugboy
TunerGod

Postby pugboy » November 17th, 2018, 10:37 pm

Maybe check a motor rewinding place
They would surely know folks who bring in pumps to rewind and changing the bearings and seals would be part of that job,

toscati
Street 2NR

Postby toscati » November 18th, 2018, 2:47 am

Thanks, will check on Monday. My plumber supposed to pass by this morning.
pugboy wrote:Maybe check a motor rewinding place
They would surely know folks who bring in pumps to rewind and changing the bearings and seals would be part of that job,

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”