Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

MG Man
2NRholic

Re: Lamborgini in Trinidad

Postby MG Man » February 15th, 2012, 1:04 pm

DSM_05 wrote:
MG Man wrote:several Jag XK120s and XK140s, XKEs

Where...>WHERE? PICS NAOOOWWWWWWWWWWW

there's one Mk1 1/2 coupe in excellent condition, but it was brought in by a returning citizen...by how it should be on triple SUs

this poor thing is in Freeport

MG Man wrote:everything else is second to THIS
I been stalking this car for years..............it's been like this over a decade....always same story: yeah we fixin it....
owner currently working on a T-bird...........no accounting for taste...

Ther's supposed to be another like it in similar condition in couva, and a 'restored' green coupe in Valsayn, which despite what the owner says, is a mix and match car with parts from series I, II and III

Supposed to be a couple of them in south but my stalking has not been very fruitful

My buddy with the XK150 says back i the 1970s a few of them passed thru his hands for around $300 to $500.......back then, they were considered tired, beat up old cars with no real value

NiSmO-R
Sweet on this forum

Postby NiSmO-R » February 15th, 2012, 1:06 pm

MG Man wrote:lol I had the Testarossa, F40, Esprit and Mansell F1 Ferrari.............and Alyssa Milano.......FROM BEFORE the Charmed days eh kiddies :p

I may have this wrong but didn't bhagwansingh own one crash it then sold that to Harricrete (re painted yellow). That one used to pass me while I was riding my bike Toni Braxton blasting from the sound system lol Where that one?

The one I really wanna know what happen to was the maroon 25th anniversary model with the square rear tail lights saw that one once and never saw it again

MG Man
2NRholic

Postby MG Man » February 15th, 2012, 1:11 pm

^^^yup...Bhagwansing's car, then Victor's
LMAO at Toni Braxton, but oh lordie what a woman.............
I knw frankie's lambo has the 3 square lenses per side, and it supposed to be a 5000....but maybe the maroon one was the bhagwansing car........I don't think it was originally yellow

RoTaRyBoYz
Shifting into 6th

Postby RoTaRyBoYz » February 15th, 2012, 1:23 pm

Yuh remember when dem cars get lix from a certain Box Lansahh? The good ole days :lol:

MG Man
2NRholic

Postby MG Man » February 15th, 2012, 1:24 pm

didn't all three end up in one epic fail?

Habit7
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Habit7 » February 15th, 2012, 1:31 pm

[cool story]I remember as a child going to my aunt's mechanic in Barataria and seeing a Lotus Esprit parked up in a corner, but still looking like it was in working condition.

These mechanics sometimes get these cars for next to nothing because owners can't keep up with parts and maintenance. The mechanics will surely want to tinker and restore them but to what avail? There are still real jobs coming in that make good money and those projects just take up too much time.[/cool story]

RoTaRyBoYz
Shifting into 6th

Postby RoTaRyBoYz » February 15th, 2012, 1:41 pm

MG Man wrote:didn't all three end up in one epic fail?

Yes, it made front page of the Express.. I'm sure one of those guys have a copy of that article :lol:

AllTrac
TriniTuner Crew

Postby AllTrac » February 15th, 2012, 1:48 pm

mg man dats ah A-TEAM jockey shorts ah seeing dey? :S

white_lion
3NE 2NR for life

Postby white_lion » February 15th, 2012, 2:11 pm

The maroon countach was in fact the one owned by bhagwansingh's which was then procured by victor (harricrete) after his corvette stingray and a sports bike mysteriously burned to the ground outside his townhouse in camelot in valsayn.
It was only after the notorious cocorite incident that it was repaired and repainted yellow.
As a lil yute growing up in camelot I was lucky enough to be driven in both the stingray and the countach with the lambo being the one that stands out in memory with an undoubtedly unforgettable sub 4 minute run from valsayn to the airport and back.

MG Man
2NRholic

Postby MG Man » February 15th, 2012, 2:19 pm

wait................wait........................

never had the chance to laaaave you

X2
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby X2 » February 15th, 2012, 2:26 pm

What the big deal (aside from having cars of fantasy rolling next to you from time to time) ?

Well a 6 year limit on imports versus what you could bring in 30 years ago for instance... that means buying an exotic, or any car for that matter means you are going to buy it fairly new. I mean... c'mon... if someone brought in a roro Countach or 308 ferrari today... would so many people be drooling ? They'd be bitching about how the car ole and need paint... But roll out a LF-A or Evora from a container and you talkin 10+ page post !

Monk BANzai
3NE 2NR Moderator
Location: 2 Laws of 2NR. 1. You can't turn a hoe into a housewife. 2. The Streets are Undefeated.

Postby Monk BANzai » February 15th, 2012, 2:31 pm

^^^ Whats an LF-A?

Trini Hookah
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Trini Hookah » February 15th, 2012, 2:38 pm

If you bring an Evora most people would just want to take pics/say "aye you see that baddup cyar?" and still not know the name/make, "Lotus? Oh yeah, I had a feeling so."

equipped2ripp
punchin NOS

Postby equipped2ripp » February 15th, 2012, 2:38 pm

white_lion wrote:The maroon countach was in fact the one owned by bhagwansingh's which was then procured by victor (harricrete) after his corvette stingray and a sports bike mysteriously burned to the ground outside his townhouse in camelot in valsayn.
It was only after the notorious cocorite incident that it was repaired and repainted yellow.
As a lil yute growing up in camelot I was lucky enough to be driven in both the stingray and the countach with the lambo being the one that stands out in memory with an undoubtedly unforgettable sub 4 minute run from valsayn to the airport and back.

PW plates by chance?

MG Man
2NRholic

Postby MG Man » February 15th, 2012, 2:40 pm

vrampersad14 wrote:If you bring an Evora most people would just want to take pics/say "aye you see that baddup cyar?" and still not know the name/make, "Lotus? Oh yeah, I had a feeling so."

lol reminds me of that ched where people saw the Exige and come on tuner bawlin it have ah McLaren F1 in de corntree

r3iXmann
punchin NOS

Postby r3iXmann » February 15th, 2012, 3:13 pm

MG Man wrote:
vrampersad14 wrote:If you bring an Evora most people would just want to take pics/say "aye you see that baddup cyar?" and still not know the name/make, "Lotus? Oh yeah, I had a feeling so."

lol reminds me of that ched where people saw the Exige and come on tuner bawlin it have ah McLaren F1 in de corntree

*dead*

equipped2ripp
punchin NOS

Postby equipped2ripp » February 15th, 2012, 3:29 pm

it's kun3, not corntree :|

gastly369
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby gastly369 » February 15th, 2012, 6:07 pm

with out this no fiyaz can be geed :o :o

DSM_05
Riding on 16's

Postby DSM_05 » February 15th, 2012, 7:57 pm

MG Man wrote:
cinco wrote:
DSM_05 wrote:
I have been saying that so long now, but like ppl in dis country wanna give the man a national award for Excellence in Procuring an Exotic Vehicle.
I think I still see it covered up in a warehouse in Trincity Industrial Estate

Some of those older exotics are still rolling around. I think D Ramoutarsingh's 308 Ferrari is still moving well. Blue now however (I seem to remember it being red when I was a very young standing next to it in M'bella at one point).

its 2 diff cars

i tort 2 diff cars was like evo an ting?

Well I'm under the impression D.R. drives an FD2R (seen it by his place in San'do). If so, I've seen the car parked in La Romaine next to that blue 308. So I guess he bought a next one.....well....yeah I suppose he could :)

MG Man, that's a Mk 1 E type? Can't tell....from some of the pics I swear it looks like the MK2. If it's the MK 1, that's a 6 cyl...right?

Yes, it made front page of the Express.. I'm sure one of those guys have a copy of that article

Yep. I swear I could still remember the article.....multi million dollar crash or something so. Lambo got hit broadside and the porsche....can't recall.

Actually had spoken with R.G. many years later.....was gr8 to hear the tale from the man himself :D

MG Man
2NRholic

Postby MG Man » February 15th, 2012, 8:02 pm

it's a Mk2
The Mk1 had slimmer front indicators mounted above the bumper. Also only the Mk3 came with the V12, and is easily identifiable by the longer body and bigger grille, both which ruin the lines, imo

ado15mk3
Trinituner Peong

Postby ado15mk3 » February 15th, 2012, 8:32 pm

would love to see one of these in person:

the old one was really nice too.
allyuh know why we have lamborghini supercars?
paraphrase:
lambo buys ferrari. ferrari had clutch issues. notes his tractors had same parts as ferrari. lambo talks to enzo. enzo says: stick to driving your tractors farmer and dont complain about my cars. lambo says: ok bossman, now i gonna build my own car. and presto.....

note: i am sure there is another side to this story.

see here:

Trini Hookah
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Trini Hookah » February 15th, 2012, 8:44 pm

[coolstorybro]During my stay in London in '06 I was fortunate enough to attend the Autoshow (can't remember the specific name) at the time. Saw ALOT of exotics, and even a few amazing Japanese vehicles; though for the life of me the only one I remembered was a colour changing E7, was pretty neat.

Among all the exotics I saw, Lambos, Ferrari's et al, I never saw an Elise in person yet :([/coolstorybro]

MG you ever had the opportunity to see/drive one?

NiSmO-R
Sweet on this forum

Postby NiSmO-R » February 15th, 2012, 8:51 pm

Habit7 wrote:[cool story]I remember as a child going to my aunt's mechanic in Barataria and seeing a Lotus Esprit parked up in a corner, but still looking like it was in working condition.

.[/cool story]

Car was in working condition but had gearbox issues as all Esprit's suffer from The V8GT is still one of my favourite cars so I asked the mech what it gonna take to bring it back to working condition he watch me shake his head and say that is a long long long story one that will give me a headache

NiSmO-R
Sweet on this forum

Postby NiSmO-R » February 15th, 2012, 8:53 pm

MG Man wrote:it's a Mk2
The Mk1 had slimmer front indicators mounted above the bumper. Also only the Mk3 came with the V12, and is easily identifiable by the longer body and bigger grille, both which ruin the lines, imo

and the ghey rear tail lights that completely spoil the lines of the car.... series 1 is where its at...

NiSmO-R
Sweet on this forum

Postby NiSmO-R » February 15th, 2012, 8:54 pm

BANzai Rastafarai wrote:^^^ Whats an LF-A?

seeing as its X2....prototype Civic?

De Dragon
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby De Dragon » February 15th, 2012, 9:12 pm

NiSmO-R wrote:
BANzai Rastafarai wrote:^^^ Whats an LF-A?

seeing as its X2....prototype Civic?

New Lexus supercar

X2
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby X2 » February 15th, 2012, 9:24 pm

For when the price of a Lambo is just too low to hurt your wallet...Lexus LFA... nice ride...

NiSmO-R
Sweet on this forum

Postby NiSmO-R » February 16th, 2012, 6:10 pm

X2 wrote:For when the price of a Lambo is just too low to hurt your wallet...Lexus LFA... nice ride...

This things does sound almighty though like a F1 car whose voice is breaking....

If you buying with your head get a GTR, if you buying with your heart lexus isn't the first name you go too and if you buying just to show off i.e your wallet... why not ... most people who see it pass will say nice ferrari anyway

scotty_buttons
Riding on 18's

Postby scotty_buttons » February 19th, 2012, 11:15 am

the fact that they fitted a digital tach because an analog tach won't be able to keep up with the revving kinda cool

but seriously, the sound of that machine O_O

Yodins
Shifting into 6th

Postby Yodins » February 19th, 2012, 11:46 am

DSM_05 wrote:Yep. I swear I could still remember the article.....multi million dollar crash or something so. Lambo got hit broadside and the porsche....can't recall.

Actually had spoken with R.G. many years later.....was gr8 to hear the tale from the man himself :D

may sound like mission impossible but you have those pics or know where i could find them?

and who is R.G.?

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”