Forums

Flow Internet Thread

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

ShIvAm
Riding on 16's

Re: Flow Internet Thread

Postby ShIvAm » December 16th, 2019, 12:02 am

Anybody’s port forwarding stop working since it went down and come back?

fred1266
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby fred1266 » December 27th, 2019, 6:30 pm

maj. tom wrote:
fred1266 wrote:trying use flow wifi but when i trying to log in it tells me invalid email but it is the email for for my flow id, anyone else experiences this

you called Flow for them to check the email on the system on their side? They couldn't resolve this for you? What are we supposed to do? You know the Flow help line is toll free right? And they also have free chat support.

https://discoverflow.co/trinidad/support/overview

just wanted to know if anyone one experience something similar brother, also i can login with id with other phone just not my personal that why i decided to ask

but i guess that not what this forum for my bad

EFFECTIC DESIGNS
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby EFFECTIC DESIGNS » December 28th, 2019, 1:29 pm

WOW flow raise their cheapest internet plan to $275 a month now yes WTMC

https://discoverflow.co/trinidad/broadb ... and-plans#

Where the hell is the TATT? these companies getting ridiculous.....

brickman
18 pounds of Boost

Postby brickman » December 28th, 2019, 4:02 pm

With people abandoning their cable service in droves how else will they make up for it?Shouldn't be surprised if it keeps going up,with people moving to other providers,iptv/streaming services over cable TV sure they realize the increase in broadband usage & will make up for it there.

hydroep
3ne2nr Toppa Toppa

Postby hydroep » December 28th, 2019, 4:22 pm

Haven't received any official notice of a change in billing but the month that increased charge appears on my bill will be the last (or second to last depending on how quickly the new provider can install their service)...:|

Blaze d Chalice
Riding on 17's

Postby Blaze d Chalice » December 28th, 2019, 11:44 pm

10 years ago ollyuh was paying $200 for 5Mbps down.

I don't see $275 for 75Mbps as a bad thing considering that the same 75Mbps will allow you and maybe 2 other people in your household stream 4K youtube/redtube/netflix at the same time, thus eliminating your need for cable, so you paying 275 flat.

Allour want a 20Mbps for $100 or a 10Mbps for $50 too or wah?

Dizzy28
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Dizzy28 » December 29th, 2019, 1:09 am

Those aren't bad packages to have tbh
Blaze d Chalice wrote:10 years ago ollyuh was paying $200 for 5Mbps down.

I don't see $275 for 75Mbps as a bad thing considering that the same 75Mbps will allow you and maybe 2 other people in your household stream 4K youtube/redtube/netflix at the same time, thus eliminating your need for cable, so you paying 275 flat.

EFFECTIC DESIGNS
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby EFFECTIC DESIGNS » December 29th, 2019, 7:23 am

umm just a few months ago flow was offering 5mbps for $138 a month and most poor families were fine with that.

I seriously doubt anybody who could afford cable tv was paying for 5mbps.

In any event at $275 and soon to go up to $350 a month for their cheapest package, I forsee more people sharing their internet with neighbors etc and splitting the bill, this will only backfire on flow

We are becoming one of the most expensive and backward countries in the world when it comes to internet service and price.

Good thing Elon Musk is bringing low orbit satellite internet across the world yes.

hydroep
3ne2nr Toppa Toppa

Postby hydroep » December 29th, 2019, 8:39 am

Well, the upshot of it all is that households have different needs and they will seek out packages which fit them.

Those who find that Flow's new offerings no longer fit their requirements will move on while others will rationalise the increase(s) as being "good value for money" in order to justify paying more something they'll probably never use.

As they say, a fool and his money are soon parted...:|

paid_influencer
Trying to catch PATCH AND VEGA

Postby paid_influencer » December 29th, 2019, 10:31 am

they could just legacy the package. Current subscribers will see no change in monthly bills or speeds, but those particular packages won't be offered to any new subscribers. I know some of the old cable TV and internet packages still get billed this way.

Dizzy28
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Dizzy28 » December 29th, 2019, 11:52 am

I have Flow's 5 mb package. It actually averages 8mb most times and is fine for streaming Netflix at 1080p. I am a three person household so that is quite adequate for me as no one games and noone else watches another device simultaneously except my son sometimes and he gets 720p on his tablet normal normal.
EFFECTIC DESIGNS wrote:

umm just a few months ago flow was offering 5mbps for $138 a month and most poor families were fine with that.

I seriously doubt anybody who could afford cable tv was paying for 5mbps.

In any event at $275 and soon to go up to $350 a month for their cheapest package, I forsee more people sharing their internet with neighbors etc and splitting the bill, this will only backfire on flow

We are becoming one of the most expensive and backward countries in the world when it comes to internet service and price.

Good thing Elon Musk is bringing low orbit satellite internet across the world yes.

Dave
3NE 2NR Moderator

Postby Dave » December 29th, 2019, 12:25 pm

^^same here, spikes of 10mbs+ are seen also. If that raises then another lost flow customer.

Dizzy28
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Dizzy28 » December 29th, 2019, 2:58 pm

Yea any increase I will have to reconsider. Only problem is the alternatives not much cheaper.

Amplia have a 15mb package for less than 200 but they not in my area which is weird as I am smack in the middle of the east west corridor.
Dave wrote:^^same here, spikes of 10mbs+ are seen also. If that raises then another lost flow customer.

maj. tom
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby maj. tom » December 29th, 2019, 6:08 pm

PRICE CHANGES. CCTL reserves the right to change prices including the monthly fees and installation charges at any time subject to providing customers with the required 30 days notice as per Concession.
https://discoverflow.co/trinidad/terms-and-conditions

Dave
3NE 2NR Moderator

Postby Dave » December 29th, 2019, 6:08 pm

Same here,Mt hope area. Sadly options are tstt/amplia and already have the wireless phone system from tstt and rates are slightly more than what I pay for supposedly more speed. At this point I want to cut my mthly payments not increase unnecessarily.

daxt0r
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby daxt0r » December 30th, 2019, 6:50 am

da hard boy, i payin for d package for 234 cuz it was perfect price point.
I cancelling as i see da chupidness on my bill.

Anyone know the cost of unlimited LTE with bmobile or Digi and how fast and reliable it is?

Good thing Amplia default WiFi passwords easy to crack. Only problem is da when it sticking is not ur modem to reboot rofl

hydroep
3ne2nr Toppa Toppa

Postby hydroep » December 30th, 2019, 7:45 am

daxt0r wrote:da hard boy, i payin for d package for 234 cuz it was perfect price point.
I cancelling as i see da chupidness on my bill.

Anyone know the cost of unlimited LTE with bmobile or Digi and how fast and reliable it is?

Good thing Amplia default WiFi passwords easy to crack. Only problem is da when it sticking is not ur modem to reboot rofl

bMobile has 6 Mbps and 10 Mbps packages for $ 168.00 and $ 202.00 V.I. respectively on a 1 year contract. Can't speak to its performance and reliability though.

EFFECTIC DESIGNS
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby EFFECTIC DESIGNS » December 30th, 2019, 10:32 am

Dave wrote:Same here,Mt hope area. Sadly options are tstt/amplia and already have the wireless phone system from tstt and rates are slightly more than what I pay for supposedly more speed. At this point I want to cut my mthly payments not increase unnecessarily.

When TSTT buy out Amplia from Massy we all knew it would go nowhere and TSTT's cancer would spread and ultimately destroy Amplia.

This also happened when the big boy from TSTT won the bid for Laqtel back in 2007 or whatever and we all knew damn well it was just cancer getting in the way of offering a license to a proper foreign ISP.

Anything TSTT related = Cancer, each and ever single time. Which is why I was so happy when Flow finally came to my area, I canceled my TSTT DSL at the time in favor of Flow and as I did that, someone right here on tuner said that the TSTT Cancer did NOT cancel it.

I asked how did you know they didn't cancel it? he said because how their cancer works is they will lie while still billing you in the hopes they can bill you for 12 months for something you discontinued. So I called back and he was right the woman say no record was made of me requiring a cancellation of my DSL and entire TSTT service, so I told the old hag to make sure it cancel now once and for all she claimed she would. The tuner told me that too could be a lie as they did the same to him he say call back so I did and guess what? the old hag still never cancel it and they were still billing me I told the retarded fella to make sure this is the last time I going to bother requesting this to be canceled he say hold on then he say ok sir I just officially canceled your TSTT service you have nothing to worry about...... Sometime later 2 months down the road I called back only to find out the service still running but for some reason I wasn't even receiving a TSTT bill.....

I eventually gave up, allowed their cancer to spread and instead run for my life, I bet to this day they must be still billing me, good thing I kept some emails I had sent them incase they try to take me to court for 20 years of unpaid bills.....

So yeah don't count on Amplia now that they are TSTT's cancer. You have much better luck counting on Elon Musk low orbit internet

EFFECTIC DESIGNS
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby EFFECTIC DESIGNS » December 30th, 2019, 10:45 am

Anyone interested can read this link

https://www.machmetrics.com/speed-blog/ ... ds-faster/

if SpaceX ISP "starlink" really can provide me with half the latency of Flow and Digicel, hell if it could reduce the average gaming latency from 90ms to 50ms then I would gladly dump any local ISP. Maybe the biggest issue with internet I have found is international routing. SpaceX can easily solve this issue, plus there is the added bonus of supporting Elon Musk which is good moral and spiritual values.

redmanjp
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby redmanjp » December 30th, 2019, 4:05 pm

years ago i read somewhere that we couldn't have satellite internet because u would need a dish to not just receive but transmit data therefore TATT needs to license it. doh know if that's still the case

EFFECTIC DESIGNS
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby EFFECTIC DESIGNS » December 30th, 2019, 5:27 pm

redmanjp wrote:years ago i read somewhere that we couldn't have satellite internet because u would need a dish to not just receive but transmit data therefore TATT needs to license it. doh know if that's still the case

People will find a way around it just like they do other stuff using VPN.

From what I know the reason dish network doesn't work well down here is because the satellite too far from us but people would still use chipped receivers and big satellite dish to get around it.

Space X plans to cover the entire earth with low orbit satellites, they going to colonize and Terraform Mars, Trinidad can't stop Musk from doing anything he want, TATT or no TATT

redmanjp
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby redmanjp » December 30th, 2019, 5:38 pm

EFFECTIC DESIGNS wrote:
redmanjp wrote:years ago i read somewhere that we couldn't have satellite internet because u would need a dish to not just receive but transmit data therefore TATT needs to license it. doh know if that's still the case

From what I know the reason dish network doesn't work well down here is because the satellite too far from us but people would still use chipped receivers and big satellite dish to get around it.

Space X plans to cover the entire earth with low orbit satellites, they going to colonize and Terraform Mars, Trinidad can't stop Musk from doing anything he want, TATT or no TATT

if he operating a business in T&T (including having customers here) he will have to abide by our regulations not so?

adnj
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby adnj » December 30th, 2019, 6:00 pm

I believe that you are right.

All RF transmitters require individual certification from TATT with the exception of WiFi and cellular Because they are granted blanket certification. Even gate remotes require certification.

Broadband providers must also apply for a concession.

----------------

It is an offence under the Telecommunications Act, 2001, to operate, use or install any radiocommunications equipment without a Licence from the Telecommunications Authority of Trinidad and Tobago. It is an offence under the Telecommunications Act, 2001, to provide public telecommunications and broadcasting services in Trinidad and Tobago without a Concession.

https://tatt.org.tt/Forms/EquipmentCertificationApplication.asps

lchan485
3NE 2NR for life

Postby lchan485 » December 30th, 2019, 6:48 pm

adnj wrote:

All RF transmitters require individual certification from TATT with the exception of WiFi and cellular Because they are granted blanket certification. Even gate remotes require certification.

----------------

It is an offence under the Telecommunications Act, 2001, to operate, use or install any radiocommunications equipment without a Licence from the Telecommunications Authority of Trinidad and Tobago. It is an offence under the Telecommunications Act, 2001, to provide public telecommunications and broadcasting services in Trinidad and Tobago without a Concession.

Well thats why Direct Tv here , doesn't offer it. To expensive. Speed, Reliability and Latancy . its a last resort.
Check out the Australian National Broadband project. After so many years , still not completed.
It uses Satellite, Hybrid Cable (Flow) , Fiber( Digi, Amplia) and Adsl( TSTT).
Cable is always cheper and easier to deploy. Not much to upgrade, it's in more places.... Downside lower upload speeds. DOCS 3 can compete with Fiber, just not on the upside. speaks of FTTH.... Most is just ADSL + which TSTT seems to be moving away from . as a lot of PPls in PoS have already gotten transfer to Amplia or have gotten a 4G lte modem for Communication

EFFECTIC DESIGNS
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby EFFECTIC DESIGNS » December 30th, 2019, 9:23 pm

redmanjp wrote:
EFFECTIC DESIGNS wrote:

if he operating a business in T&T (including having customers here) he will have to abide by our regulations not so?

Well since Space X mission is to cover the entire globe with low orbit satellites, one has to assume that Musk has some way of getting around this because in India for example the system is so corrupt that there is noway he will be allowed to operate there yet he plans to conquer India with internet.

Could it be that they will accept different methods of payment that would make it legal? could it be that getting internet from the low orbit will require a simple antenna and not a dish? is this some sort of new technology? could it be that low orbit is so advanced that governments will have no choice but to bend over backwards or face their countries falling behind playing catch up vs other countries who will take advantage of this new cheap super advanced technology? latency that surpasses terrestrial internet plagued by cancerous routing, faulty outdated cable infrastructure? piss poor coverage when you can get faster than fiber optic broadband in a forest anywhere in Trinidad with Space X?

Who knows.... I don't doubt Musk for one second cause Space X isn't Google, Musk does actually be serious about his goals.

I mean it can be found right here

https://www.starlink.com/

SpaceX is covering the entire Globe in less than 24 months from now.

I mean who in their right mind would use terrestrial legacy network that is plagued by cancerous old outdated international routing methods? with ISPs still fighting like Cave Men over basic routing services? when you can use something like Starlink from Space X?

Any country that tries to block this will be living in the dark ages as the world advances. I highly doubt Trinidad or any country can block this, you can try to stop progress but that only causes backlash from the voting public as has been shown time and time again. I don't think people actually realize the kind of leverage and power Elon Musk actually has.

Space X is going to change the world they can do what no other company on earth can even dream of doing.

EFFECTIC DESIGNS
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby EFFECTIC DESIGNS » December 30th, 2019, 9:46 pm

lchan485 wrote:
adnj wrote:

----------------

Well thats why Direct Tv here , doesn't offer it. To expensive. Speed, Reliability and Latancy . its a last resort.
Check out the Australian National Broadband project. After so many years , still not completed.
It uses Satellite, Hybrid Cable (Flow) , Fiber( Digi, Amplia) and Adsl( TSTT).
Cable is always cheper and easier to deploy. Not much to upgrade, it's in more places.... Downside lower upload speeds. DOCS 3 can compete with Fiber, just not on the upside. speaks of FTTH.... Most is just ADSL + which TSTT seems to be moving away from . as a lot of PPls in PoS have already gotten transfer to Amplia or have gotten a 4G lte modem for Communication

Typically regular satellite service is too far out in space which adds latency and there are so few of them and to launch a satellite costs an incredibly high amount of money.

Most companies only have a tiny handful of satellites because that is all they can afford.

The difference is Elon Musk doesn't have to worry about cost to launch a satellite which is why Space X is launching 30,000

https://spacenews.com/spacex-submits-pa ... atellites/

^ Musk applied for clearance to launch 30,000 more satellites for starlink and he aims to have 42,000 satellites in low orbit.

Cable companies don't just have to worry about people switching to streaming services and ditching cable TV now they have to worry about Space X sending every one of them into the dark ages. Like I say Space X has the kind of power and leverage that no other company can ever match, since technology is forever changing it will come as no surprise when we see terrestrial fiber as ancient as dial up.

I for one will be switching Not because I hate flow and digicel, but because the latency that will be offered from Space X via perfect international routing and low orbit will make Fiber to the home seem like a joke.

So as you can see the evidence is right there, the world will be forever changed in just a few years time by just 1 man. From internet to electric cars to colonizing mars

Blaze d Chalice
Riding on 17's

Postby Blaze d Chalice » December 31st, 2019, 8:43 pm

Well I mean, yeah if you can't afford $200/month then you won't be able to afford $275/month.

But unlike stink TSTT you getting more for the $75 difference.

I see on the site the three plans is Medium, Large, Large.
Me eh know if is a typo that should say Small, Medium, Large, or if they have a hidden 'small' package that only available if you call to tell them you want to disconnect, or it just not on the site yet.

They use to also have a 20 Hour package long time ago too.
Maybe a 10 or 20 for $138 eh bad. Doubt they would give anything for $100.

In some places forrin for as low as 80TT you could get 300mbps down / 6 up with some basic cable
while in places like Kyiv you getting 1 Gbps down for around the same price (not sure about cable) and pings less than 50ms to US. Even using a cell phone tether in very congested places like Munich you still able to get less than 50ms ping to US.

We wouldn't see anything like that here due to whatever factors. (Being 4th world is not a valid excuse)

The real flick would be to pay flow the $450 for 250Mb and split it with 9 other people (if you in a apartment building.)

That would work out to $45TT/month for 25mbps per person, but that could start some more problems when (not if) tenants don't want to pay and have million excuse.

EFFECTIC DESIGNS
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby EFFECTIC DESIGNS » February 11th, 2020, 4:59 pm

Ok thats it Flow has crossed the fcking line, they switched my package I had a 100mbps Gamers package for $196 a month on the Agreement I would not switch to Digicel Fiber. Now they changed it to 150mbps for $250 without my authorization.

At this point I might aswell pay for Digicel Fiber since they have far far superior international routing with up to 50% better Latency to some countries and areas. Not to mention there is no local routing between Flow and Digicel and to top it off nobody I know playing fighting games even use Flow so playing with them is pointless as they use Digicel the latency in this country becomes worse than here to Russia when you play with Flow vs Digicel.

Really had it now, they killed whatever 1 and only reason any gamer would even bother with Flow. What a bunch of clowns, if they had Fiber to the Home and international routing like Digicel I would have no problem with the price increase but not gonna pay for garbage for $250

maj. tom
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby maj. tom » February 11th, 2020, 5:17 pm

so you is a Rocco anal fan.... and in the middle of that you say let me check my Flow bill and start this rant.

You probably... obviously had a very special promotional deal which expired. You getting 150 Mbps down for $250. I paying $234 after tax and just getting 50 Mbps down. Market forces change and the value of the service has to keep up with the inflation of money. You can't expect to keep paying the same 25 cents for a salt prunes 10 years later.

Flow states in their contract that they can change the terms and conditions at their will without advising the customer. You had a good deal, and still do. Calm down and keep it. Or go with Digicel if you want. But i think you still have a good deal. You could call them and threaten to leave them, but weigh your options.

EFFECTIC DESIGNS
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby EFFECTIC DESIGNS » February 11th, 2020, 5:24 pm

ok yeah I will call and threaten to leave see what happens, I will first wait before I decide if to switch to Digicel cause their package is 50mb for $300 while flow now is 150mb for $250. My biggest concern is how bad flow latency tends to be due to poor routing and how nobody gaming uses Flow these days.

But Ono and Capcom has hinted on updating Street Fighter 5 Netcode, if this is done, most likely it will be done next month I would have much less reasons to switch to Digicel as the shittier ping from Flow would work for SF5.

So you right will wait for now and see what takes place, will attempt to see if I can get my old package back if not will stick with this for the time being.

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”