this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

dredman1
Riding on 18's

Re: Flow Internet Thread

Postby dredman1 » October 8th, 2017, 6:54 pm

lchan485 wrote:
The Paleontologist wrote:ImageImage
Looks like a Motorola surfboard modem . Can it be used with the AVS service with phone

It's an Arris TG2492LG - modem, wifi router with telephony all in one. Got it with my AVS as well.
It's not playing well with my Airport Extreme and IP cameras, as I can't seem to overcome the Double NAT error I'm getting with them.

lchan485
3NE 2NR for life

Postby lchan485 » October 8th, 2017, 7:26 pm

dredman1 wrote:
lchan485 wrote:
Looks like a Motorola surfboard modem . Can it be used with the AVS service with phone

It's an Arris TG2492LG - modem, wifi router with telephony all in one. Got it with my AVS as well.
It's not playing well with my Airport Extreme and IP cameras, as I can't seem to overcome the Double NAT error I'm getting with them.
So this one can't go into Bridge mode either?. I still have the old TG1672 with 2 other routers used as wireless extenders so works OK. You may have to use the Airport as an extender Image

dredman1
Riding on 18's

Postby dredman1 » October 9th, 2017, 12:08 am

^^^You have the option to set it to either "Enable Modem Mode" or "Enable Router Mode", the latter supposedly for if you want your own connected router to be internet facing. However, I tried selecting it a couple times but I haven't gotten this to work yet though (after the modem re-booted it came back up with "Enable Modem Mode" still selected *shrugs*).

Gave up after a few tries. Will give it another go and experiment some more when less people are using it so I don't get buff up for cutting everybody internet in the house :lol:

You can't change DNS settings on it, but it does have port forwarding options, allows you to set up a separate guest network, and simultaneous selectable 2.4 and 5GHz wireless frequencies though, along with some other settings options. Apart from the DNS, actually surprised at the level of flexibility it allows.

lchan485
3NE 2NR for life

Postby lchan485 » October 10th, 2017, 9:01 pm

dredman1 wrote:^^^You have the option to set it to either "Enable Modem Mode" or "Enable Router Mode", the latter supposedly for if you want your own connected router to be internet facing. However, I tried selecting it a couple times but I haven't gotten this to work yet though (after the modem re-booted it came back up with "Enable Modem Mode" still selected *shrugs*).

Gave up after a few tries. Will give it another go and experiment some more when less people are using it so I don't get buff up for cutting everybody internet in the house

You can't change DNS settings on it, but it does have port forwarding options, allows you to set up a separate guest network, and simultaneous selectable 2.4 and 5GHz wireless frequencies though, along with some other settings options. Apart from the DNS, actually surprised at the level of flexibility it allows.
Sounds just like the older one. If you try to place it in bridge mode it won't keep the settings. But DNS can be changed . I use the other routers to have guest access and 2.4 and 5 GHz network simultaneously upstairs and downstairs. Seems all ISP's down here don't want ppl to control there routing now

SSSavage
Street 2NR

Postby SSSavage » October 10th, 2017, 9:08 pm

Just hook up an ethernet cable?

dredman1
Riding on 18's

Postby dredman1 » October 11th, 2017, 11:03 pm

Was trying to follow the post that the link in the first post of the thread redirects you to.

I had all my DNS settings and port forwarding on the AE already, and read in a few places that the Flow router doesnt play well with port forwarding.

In any event, there isnt any way to change DNS on the Flow router.

mojosodope
I LUV THIS PLACE

Postby mojosodope » October 12th, 2017, 3:08 am

dredman1 wrote:
lchan485 wrote:

Refer to the guide that's linked on the first page of this thread, I made it for the Moca modem but should work relatively the same for this one.

Chiney
3NE 2NR Power Seller

Postby Chiney » October 12th, 2017, 10:49 am

lchan485 wrote:
dredman1 wrote:
lchan485 wrote:

So this one can't go into Bridge mode either?. I still have the old TG1672 with 2 other routers used as wireless extenders so works OK. You may have to use the Airport as an extender Image

u can also tell the apple router to accept the "double NAT" and it wont give any issues. i have this working flawless for my parents over 1 yr now.

running a double NAT also wont cause any issues with performance or stability. i have realized that the flow modems dont like when u trouble their more advanced settings. just stick to wireless SSID...WPA settings and DHCP handouts. anything else causes issues..

ragzinc
Street 2NR

Postby ragzinc » October 13th, 2017, 1:01 am

Don't know if anyone can answer this question...
When I run the router with NAT, FLOW gives me the following external IP which jitters like crazy giving a ping of 90-100 to Texas

However if I run the modem in Bridge mode, I get the following IP which runs constantly between 110-112 to Texas

Is there a way to force a 181. server ip in bridge mode?

bess almera
Sweet on this forum

Postby bess almera » October 16th, 2017, 11:56 am

Anyone else having problems with flow broadband service? Since last week connectivity drops intermittently. Today seems like it’s gone completely.

mike00x
Riding on 13's

Postby mike00x » October 17th, 2017, 1:30 pm

is flow down in POS?

brickman
18 pounds of Boost

Postby brickman » October 17th, 2017, 4:04 pm

Moving at the speed of snail,can't even connect for a speed test.

brickman
18 pounds of Boost

Postby brickman » October 17th, 2017, 4:11 pm

Ok seems to be back to normal now

lchan485
3NE 2NR for life

Postby lchan485 » October 17th, 2017, 4:13 pm

Working good on this end of PoS

brickman
18 pounds of Boost

Postby brickman » October 18th, 2017, 2:17 am

Now it's the cable TV having issues,no tv6 or TV guide,clock & 95% of any functionality on the cable box.

VexXx Dogg
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby VexXx Dogg » October 18th, 2017, 10:55 am

They have a big outage or something? I'm offline since yesterday.

nick639v2
30 pounds of Boost

Postby nick639v2 » October 18th, 2017, 12:21 pm

Na man it working bess in central

src1983
18 pounds of Boost

Postby src1983 » October 23rd, 2017, 3:20 pm

Good day,

Anyone has a number for a "admin Tech" at Flow. I have a specific problem that regular tech support can't fix since Thursday last.

A summary of the problem -

Power went and some how knocked out the modem and cheap linksys router. The modem (to new white one) was changed Thursday, at the same time I connected my setup from my old location (this was to be done in December but decided to since the router died)

So now the Setup is

Flow > Sophos Firewall (Internet routing) > Local Network (Managed by server 2012)

I then called flow to have a static IP on the account and since that call, I have not gotten an IP from the modem even if I plug a PC in.

All calls to flow have the same responses (reset the router), and that the account is locked and only a Administrator could fix. But they only work 8-4 on weekdays.

Normally I am tolerable, but I have a lot of work outstanding

Any help is appreciated

Rivalry
Ricer

Postby Rivalry » November 4th, 2017, 10:57 am

My guide on flow tv is greyed out, no logos on any channels, anyone ever had this problem?

fred1266
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby fred1266 » November 5th, 2017, 9:56 am

Rivalry wrote:My guide on flow tv is greyed out, no logos on any channels, anyone ever had this problem?

fed up have this happed to me

sometimes if you leave it for a while it shows normal

brickman
18 pounds of Boost

Postby brickman » November 12th, 2017, 1:55 am

Noticed a few days ago that flow is now taking alot of its channel streams from iptv services like kodi/mobdro do,like A&E,nbc etc.Not that surprised though since home entertainment (TV,movies,music)is becoming an internet based thing plus most of the u.s channels are geo locked.Like it was said in another thread if you have internet there is no need for cable TV.

lchan485
3NE 2NR for life

Postby lchan485 » November 14th, 2017, 6:46 pm

brickman wrote:Noticed a few days ago that flow is now taking alot of its channel streams from iptv services like kodi/mobdro do,like A&E,nbc etc.Not that surprised though since home entertainment (TV,movies,music)is becoming an internet based thing plus most of the u.s channels are geo locked.Like it was said in another thread if you have internet there is no need for cable TV.
Why you say that Flow getting iptv streams . Aren't they still in Spanish?. Iptv is mostly US, CA and UK

brickman
18 pounds of Boost

Postby brickman » November 14th, 2017, 8:18 pm

For some channels not all,e.g they started to use an A&E ip feed on friday.If you have kodi you an search through the iptv lists & find the same channel feeds there.Don't have the hd or avs package so dont know about those.

lchan485
3NE 2NR for life

Postby lchan485 » November 14th, 2017, 9:57 pm

brickman wrote:For some channels not all,e.g they started to use an A&E ip feed on friday.If you have kodi you an search through the iptv lists & find the same channel feeds there.Don't have the hd or avs package so dont know about those.
I use iptv from 2 providers. One UK, one CA. And it's live TV. So no Spanish. Over 2 years now. Don't like the free links. But I know mobdro is same live feed as them

novastar1
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby novastar1 » November 14th, 2017, 10:17 pm

lchan485 wrote:
brickman wrote:For some channels not all,e.g they started to use an A&E ip feed on friday.If you have kodi you an search through the iptv lists & find the same channel feeds there.Don't have the hd or avs package so dont know about those.
I use iptv from 2 providers. One UK, one CA. And it's live TV. So no Spanish. Over 2 years now. Don't like the free links. But I know mobdro is same live feed as them

How well does the IPTV service work from here in TT?

lchan485
3NE 2NR for life

Postby lchan485 » November 14th, 2017, 10:33 pm

novastar1 wrote:
lchan485 wrote:

How well does the IPTV service work from here in TT?
Works well 80% of the time on the station I watch. On Flow 60 Mb. I have tested it on my brothers 100 Mb digi in Arima but it sticks up there. Don't know anyone with massy so can't say.
Have you used any iptv provides?

Ted_v2
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Ted_v2 » November 14th, 2017, 10:59 pm

quick question, i saw i am on a 30mb package, not getting more than 1.3mb DL at any time.

whats the problem there?

mojosodope
I LUV THIS PLACE

Postby mojosodope » November 16th, 2017, 6:35 pm

anyone have any idea if FLOW plans to support IPv6 soon?

EFFECTIC DESIGNS
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby EFFECTIC DESIGNS » December 1st, 2017, 10:40 pm

Hmm I can't seem to understand this I must be getting old.

Flow says I have $391 for them which is 2 months combined.

But wouldn't I just be owing for November alone? I just made a payment for 1 month. I know I missed the payment on september so I made 2 payments in October which should have covered both September and October. Therefore I should only have to make 1 payment so not sure why the current amount I owe is $391.

Is it that they bill you for the month before you even use the service? I assumed that you only pay at the end of the month after you have used the service?

2ndchance
Sweet on this forum

Postby 2ndchance » December 1st, 2017, 11:50 pm

EFFECTIC DESIGNS wrote:Hmm I can't seem to understand this I must be getting old.

Flow says I have $391 for them which is 2 months combined.

But wouldn't I just be owing for November alone? I just made a payment for 1 month. I know I missed the payment on september so I made 2 payments in October which should have covered both September and October. Therefore I should only have to make 1 payment so not sure why the current amount I owe is $391.

Is it that they bill you for the month before you even use the service? I assumed that you only pay at the end of the month after you have used the service?

I thought FLOW always bill you for a month on the first of the month? So they should bill you for December today.

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”