Forums

Flow Internet Thread

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

ticker
Riding on 13's

Re: Flow throttling P2P?

Postby ticker » February 21st, 2019, 11:36 am

rafman wrote:Not all torrents contain pirated stuff.

The torrent I am testing is actually an Ubuntu release, because it has a high seed to leech ratio, pretty much making it a direct download.

Yet, I'm still getting super slow speeds, I'm on a direct conecction.

Friend of mine is using cloud torrent downloading service https://bitport.io/ and he is very satisfied.

timothymcdavid
Chronic TriniTuner

Re: Flow throttling P2P?

Postby timothymcdavid » February 21st, 2019, 11:42 am

ticker wrote:
rafman wrote:Not all torrents contain pirated stuff.

The torrent I am testing is actually an Ubuntu release, because it has a high seed to leech ratio, pretty much making it a direct download.

Yet, I'm still getting super slow speeds, I'm on a direct conecction.

Friend of mine is using cloud torrent downloading service https://bitport.io/ and he is very satisfied.

Kinda pricey for 250GB of storage what is the advantage of using this versus a home NAS setup as a personal cloud?

ticker
Riding on 13's

Re: Flow Internet Thread

Postby ticker » February 22nd, 2019, 6:26 am

Im afraid I dont know answer to this Q.
Just thinkin, in what way could be NAS safer? Coz of encryption? One still has the data at home where the NAS is, right?

15devils
Trinituner Peong

Postby 15devils » February 24th, 2019, 7:04 pm

anyone still has outage issues ?
im in central and net down since friday morning, i called like 4 times between friday til now and some reps saying its a power node issue, some saying they dont know and have to get back to me.

supernedd
Chronic TriniTuner

Postby supernedd » February 25th, 2019, 9:36 am

15devils wrote:anyone still has outage issues ?
im in central and net down since friday morning, i called like 4 times between friday til now and some reps saying its a power node issue, some saying they dont know and have to get back to me.
Mines come back.. but I find since.. it not working like before...

supernedd
Chronic TriniTuner

Postby supernedd » February 25th, 2019, 9:37 am

Since my flow net come back .. I doing speed test and I not getting 100mbs download that I paying for.. I barely getting over 40mbs and my ping high.. 16ms

15devils
Trinituner Peong

Postby 15devils » February 25th, 2019, 9:45 am

well mines still down and they saying some modems online and others still affected and cant give me a estimated timeframe.

supernedd
Chronic TriniTuner

Postby supernedd » February 25th, 2019, 11:07 am

15devils wrote:well mines still down and they saying some modems online and others still affected and cant give me a estimated timeframe.
Wow.. well it was cable n net was down for almost 2days.. now it working.. did a nex speedtest today n got better results...still wish the ping was better

fred1266
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby fred1266 » March 9th, 2019, 10:59 am

Is flow down in barataria area?

EFFECTIC DESIGNS
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby EFFECTIC DESIGNS » March 9th, 2019, 2:51 pm

Why the fck everytime I play against someone with Digicel using my Flow connection the connection is ALWAYS garbage?

Its almost as if there is no interconnection and the signal is going to Miami and back.

But how can this be? when I do a digicel speed test on my flow it reads as if its connected to Digicel server right down here. Something eh making sense here jed but I should be getting 5 bar connection in Street Fighter 5 not 3. Its almost as if there is no interconnection and its being routed to Miami and back. Or some sheit....

I gone through all this trouble to find a guy on facebook to play SFV locally just to avoid the shitty netcode in SFV and turns out the ping is like what 200ms in the same country? OMG

supernedd
Chronic TriniTuner

Postby supernedd » March 9th, 2019, 8:41 pm

EFFECTIC DESIGNS wrote:Why the fck everytime I play against someone with Digicel using my Flow connection the connection is ALWAYS garbage?

Its almost as if there is no interconnection and the signal is going to Miami and back.

But how can this be? when I do a digicel speed test on my flow it reads as if its connected to Digicel server right down here. Something eh making sense here jed but I should be getting 5 bar connection in Street Fighter 5 not 3. Its almost as if there is no interconnection and its being routed to Miami and back. Or some sheit....

I gone through all this trouble to find a guy on facebook to play SFV locally just to avoid the shitty netcode in SFV and turns out the ping is like what 200ms in the same country? OMG
U think that bad. Try playing call of duty . Lol

Jade_Inc.
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby Jade_Inc. » March 9th, 2019, 9:42 pm

I think blink/amplia is the best for gaming.. The ping is usually good to Mia and other countries

EFFECTIC DESIGNS
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby EFFECTIC DESIGNS » March 10th, 2019, 7:16 am

Jade_Inc. wrote:I think blink/amplia is the best for gaming.. The ping is usually good to Mia and other countries

Yeah but why the connection so bad between Flow and Digicel?

Does the info go to Miami and back to Trinidad even tho it the same country?

supernedd
Chronic TriniTuner

Postby supernedd » March 11th, 2019, 4:38 am

Jade_Inc. wrote:I think blink/amplia is the best for gaming.. The ping is usually good to Mia and other countries
Digicel ping does be low also .only flow ping I find kinda high. Wow blink actually do something good? Lol . D true test of your internet. Is online gaming. Lol

bossmann
Trinituner Peong

Postby bossmann » March 11th, 2019, 10:36 am

EFFECTIC DESIGNS wrote:

You do know that most if not all multi-player games are routed through servers right?

EFFECTIC DESIGNS
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby EFFECTIC DESIGNS » March 13th, 2019, 8:30 pm

bossmann wrote:
EFFECTIC DESIGNS wrote:

You do know that most if not all multi-player games are routed through servers right?

But ent Street Fighter 5 is Peer to Peer?

Roll Back and Delay Based Netcode is what defines online fighting games, I don't see how this situation applies to fighting games since playing against somebody who both have Flow connection will get 5 bar connection in a fighting game and it will work perfect where as Flow and Digicel you will get like 1 bar.

So I don't see how the issue here is a server when the connections are perfect when its the same ISP

This does NOT seem to be an issue in the US for anybody, I have only heard of this problem within 3rd world countries.

There has to be an explanation as to why you cannot play fighting games between 2 people who have both flow and digicel.

Now I know why you can play games like say Battlefield or League of Legends perfectly fine, since your latency is based on the server you are connected to,.

In fighting games your latency is based on the person you are connected to, you do know this right?

paid_influencer
Trying to catch PATCH AND VEGA

Postby paid_influencer » March 13th, 2019, 8:51 pm

^maybe they don't have an internet exchange point (ixp)?

searched and found this article from 11/2017. maybe it hasn't been implemented yet?
http://www.999wefm.com/digicel-and-flow ... agreement/

EFFECTIC DESIGNS
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby EFFECTIC DESIGNS » March 13th, 2019, 9:00 pm

paid_influencer wrote:^maybe they don't have an internet exchange point (ixp)?

searched and found this article from 11/2017. maybe it hasn't been implemented yet?

YES

This actually looks like the issue.

supernedd
Chronic TriniTuner

Postby supernedd » March 14th, 2019, 7:03 am

EFFECTIC DESIGNS wrote:

YES

This actually looks like the issue.
When I could play one match of cod without lagging. I would say we reach..hahahaha

supernedd
Chronic TriniTuner

Postby supernedd » March 14th, 2019, 7:03 am

How all make out yesterday with no whatsapp or instagram n Facebook. Lol. Men was studying to join back bbm

Spitfir3
punchin NOS

Postby Spitfir3 » March 14th, 2019, 10:09 pm

nuh really internet related more tv related
wondering if one of ulyuh could help me out here basically the volume output on the tv REAL low but the volume on the tv is maxed out, when using the flow remote to raise volume it does nothing, any advice?

bossmann
Trinituner Peong

Flow Internet Thread

Postby bossmann » March 15th, 2019, 4:32 am

Spitfir3 wrote:nuh really internet related more tv related
wondering if one of ulyuh could help me out here basically the volume output on the tv REAL low but the volume on the tv is maxed out, when using the flow remote to raise volume it does nothing, any advice?

Which model cable box?

supernedd
Chronic TriniTuner

Postby supernedd » March 15th, 2019, 5:01 am

Boi that used to happen to me . Some of them channels naturally soft.. but u cable volume on max? If that not working.. then flow hadda check it.. might need new remote... or try the box on a nex tv n see if is same problem

Spitfir3
punchin NOS

Postby Spitfir3 » March 15th, 2019, 9:50 am

bossmann wrote:

Which model cable box?

is one of the old motorola boxes but i figured it out, changed the programming on the remote so i could adjust the volume on the tv box itself and its good now, turns out some of the buttons on the remote not working either which was stopping me from entering the programming

2ndchance
Sweet on this forum

Postby 2ndchance » April 23rd, 2019, 7:28 pm

That article is from St. Vincent. The Trinidad and Tobago Internet Exchange Co. Ltd. say Trinidad has 2 IXP .... https://ix.tt/ttix2-is-born/

EFFECTIC DESIGNS
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby EFFECTIC DESIGNS » April 23rd, 2019, 8:21 pm

Unfortunately the Caribbean like any other 3rd world place has very bad routing. Brazil for example is known to be so bad that some companies pulled their servers from that country because the info would go to North America and back to Brazil even tho its the same country. This same thing happens between Flow and Digicel or heck it even happens quite frequently with Flow and Flow.

I once tried playing Injustice 2 with a guy from a nearby Caribbean Island who had Flow and the info actually went to Miami and Back making it worse than if you were to just play with someone from the US.

But I think the absolute worst is how you can't play with someone who has Digicel if you are on Flow right here in Trinidad, if I am to guess it is a way for Digicel to try and force you to switch over to them but I never doing that. Not when they raise their price to $300 a month for their cheapest basic internet package.

dean_spleen09
Riding on 17's

Postby dean_spleen09 » April 23rd, 2019, 8:25 pm

another day another useless rant from ed about ping and he cannot play video games. if it bothering you so much , just give up all internet pal.

EFFECTIC DESIGNS
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby EFFECTIC DESIGNS » April 23rd, 2019, 8:29 pm

dean_spleen09 wrote:another day another useless rant from ed about ping and he cannot play video games. if it bothering you so much , just give up all internet pal.

I was responding to the guy above.

I don't have any major problems with Western games now because most of them use a hybrid GGPO netcode which has solved the long distance delay problem. I simply avoid playing with people locally is all and even then its still tolerable.

adnj
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby adnj » April 25th, 2019, 3:47 pm

I have a question: which provider has the least expensive plan for internet only? Speed, data caps and contract length don't matter.

The_Honourable
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby The_Honourable » April 25th, 2019, 4:02 pm

adnj wrote:I have a question: which provider has the least expensive plan for internet only? Speed, data caps and contract length don't matter.

Flow at $142 - 5mb down, 5mb up.

Amplia at $175 - 15mb down, 7.5mb up.

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”