Forums

Vigo owners- are you crazy?

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

jm3
12 pounds of Boost

Re: Vigo owners- are you crazy?

Postby jm3 » February 12th, 2011, 2:55 am

SmokeyGTi wrote:i don't think so... toyota would NEVER let a hilux leave the showroom looking like that.
i think the roro dealers arranged to have those items put on for next to nothing so that they can charge a pound and crown extra for the vehicles.

for all you know, these are put on before the vehicle is even shipped, so it appears like it came that way from the firm when it lands.

that's what i think happens.
no way would a manufacturer be able to sell them any where else in the world those exhausts alone are ridiculous and if you try to find a vigo like that in another country you can't find one,
have you seen any other manufacturer put stuff like that on a vehicle?
think about it.

lighthammer
punchin NOS

Postby lighthammer » February 12th, 2011, 6:35 am

I doh get it...getting stuck in mud and having to get 7-8 people to pull out yuh truck...and it's something to be proud of? getting stuck in mud?

Hellz yeah man!
Face it - at some point, everyone who goes off-road is gonna get stuck. From the newbies to the veterans. That's half the fun. The other half is when all the rest of the guys on the run have a real good laff about it (top-gear style) and then everyone comes together to help rescue the stricken vehicle.

It's all about the adrenaline rush - scouting the trail, then trying your best to get through it, getting stuck, panicking a bit, being embarrassed as the guys laff at you, and then the pure adrenalin pump of everyone trying to get you unstuck and the incomparable feeling of victory as your truck finally rises out of the mud!!
And that earns you bragging rights, to go to work next day with a MUDDY van (usually at the end of the day one is too tired to wash the truck) and tell stories about it.

I don't see how cruising around in a chromed-out truck playing loud music could ever amount to the same kind of rush and excitement.

Some great pics there lighthammer!

Tyres dude, with the right tyres yuh going anywhere!

Quite true dude! I was running on the stock Dunlop GranTrek's, which are highway tyres. Soon after this run I upgraded to some Pirelli Scorpion ATR's - but the next upgrade will be a lift-kit and some Kumho KL71 mudder/all-terrain.

Went on a run this past sunday with the Diesel Boyz through some Caroni canefields - the scorpions did quite well. Didn't get stuck through that mud.

You offroaders should do a "stance" album with the rides after a good run.

Not quite it, but close enough. Was waiting on two stragglers who got caught up in some traffic lights.

This is gonna be the dream project... maybe after the warranty expires :D :D

~Vēġó~
3NE 2NR Moderator

Postby ~Vēġó~ » February 12th, 2011, 9:33 am

^^^BESS!!!!!!! that's what I think a pick up ought to look like.......with a winch too!!!!

Chimera
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Chimera » February 12th, 2011, 10:37 am

Lighthammer gave me a bess reply there yes..lol, most other truck owners wudda just cuss me and tell meh hull meh mc

rossi
punchin NOS

Postby rossi » February 12th, 2011, 10:49 am

lighthammer wrote:
rossi wrote:Some great pics there lighthammer!

Tyres dude, with the right tyres yuh going anywhere!

Quite true dude! I was running on the stock Dunlop GranTrek's, which are highway tyres. Soon after this run I upgraded to some Pirelli Scorpion ATR's - but the next upgrade will be a lift-kit and some Kumho KL71 mudder/all-terrain.

Went on a run this past sunday with the Diesel Boyz through some Caroni canefields - the scorpions did quite well. Didn't get stuck through that mud.

rossi wrote:You offroaders should do a "stance" album with the rides after a good run.

Not quite it, but close enough. Was waiting on two stragglers who got caught up in some traffic lights.

This is gonna be the dream project... maybe after the warranty expires :D :D

^^ Now that's the damn ting self! :lol:

As you mention Kumho tyres, I saw a Hilux that had on some of these >>

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Couldn't get a pic but it was looking sweeet!

Chimera
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Chimera » February 12th, 2011, 10:59 am

A single cab in aranguez by chance? ^^

DTAC
18 pounds of Boost

Postby DTAC » February 12th, 2011, 11:46 am

Hoss gripping that steering wheel for dear life!

Now that is truck bizness.

rossi
punchin NOS

Postby rossi » February 12th, 2011, 1:01 pm

Nah ABA, it was a double cab. Think it was black...could be white but my eyes were on the tyres.

Stephon.
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Stephon. » February 12th, 2011, 1:15 pm

http://img251.imageshack.us/img251/8996/db23.jpg

^ That pic making me feel to get a FORD

r3iXmann
punchin NOS

Postby r3iXmann » February 12th, 2011, 1:20 pm

refreshing to see these pickups without ridiculous chrome livery, spaceship lights and disgusting chrome rims :|

Stephon.
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Stephon. » February 12th, 2011, 1:36 pm

Funny thing is all the pics in this thread probably cover ALL 4x4 pickups in Trinidad without all the pointless add-ons

civic minded
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby civic minded » February 12th, 2011, 3:44 pm

so wait a min - you guys here in the old talk forum don't venture into the 'trucks and pickup' forums?

cinco
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby cinco » February 12th, 2011, 3:54 pm

buh i eh see none ah dem trucks is vigo/ford ranger extreme?/chrome down navara
they all look like locally bought vehicles!!!

Team Loco
3NE 2NR Power Seller

Postby Team Loco » February 12th, 2011, 4:03 pm

civic minded wrote:so wait a min - you guys here in the old talk forum don't venture into the 'trucks and pickup' forums?

telling yuh.....

they afraid too

rossi
punchin NOS

Postby rossi » February 12th, 2011, 5:40 pm

Team Loco wrote:
civic minded wrote:so wait a min - you guys here in the old talk forum don't venture into the 'trucks and pickup' forums?

telling yuh.....

they afraid too

Well... :? ..I don't have a van/truck just a car but I planning on getting one. Can't really make any good contributions in the trucks and pickups forum if ah don't actually drive one. Well that's how I see it. :lol:

civic minded
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby civic minded » February 12th, 2011, 6:09 pm

^^ok good point, take a gander now and again - you will discover another side of 2ner i am sure none of you guys know of.

foss
Trying to catch PATCH AND VEGA

Postby foss » February 12th, 2011, 8:48 pm

shhhhh!!

i take a peek once in a while, but until i have one of own.. i'll just stick to what i do best :|

rossi
punchin NOS

Postby rossi » February 12th, 2011, 9:44 pm

civic minded wrote:^^ok good point, take a gander now and again - you will discover another side of 2ner i am sure none of you guys know of.

The honest truth, I DID take that gander you advised.........damn you! :lol:
Now I can't get the thought of getting a van and making it ready to go on one of those runs you guys go on!
Looks like reall antics! 8-)

lighthammer
punchin NOS

Postby lighthammer » February 13th, 2011, 5:18 am

r3iXmann wrote:refreshing to see these pickups without ridiculous chrome livery, spaceship lights and disgusting chrome rims :|

buh i eh see none ah dem trucks is vigo/ford ranger extreme?/chrome down navara
they all look like locally bought vehicles!!!

I find chrome does look good... when it have mud splash up on eet!!

Won't find no chrome here... no siree.

civic minded wrote:
so wait a min - you guys here in the old talk forum don't venture into the 'trucks and pickup' forums?

telling yuh.....

they afraid too

Men fraid to get lost once they come off the beaten path, eh?

Bring allyuh Vigo and get it dirty nah! Mud is good for the van (lol just kidding, make sure to wash and underwash/shock-oil/suspension-grease after each and every run).

Yuh can't tell me that a Vigo on 22+ size rims can't go on a run through bush and mud....

Meh pardna here on 24's... and he running normal-normal through the bush and mud up in Gran Couva (where Trailblazers had their "King Of the Hill" hill-climbing challenge last september) - in fact he liked it so much he went through the track and climbed the hill twice!

civic minded
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby civic minded » February 13th, 2011, 6:37 am

rossi wrote:
civic minded wrote:^^ok good point, take a gander now and again - you will discover another side of 2ner i am sure none of you guys know of.

The honest truth, I DID take that gander you advised.........damn you! :lol:
Now I can't get the thought of getting a van and making it ready to go on one of those runs you guys go on!
Looks like reall antics! 8-)

so you see - you can have alot of fun by going slow - throu mud. You will get the same adrenaline high from speeding to some of the situations in offroading

Rotated
Street 2NR

Postby Rotated » February 14th, 2011, 10:27 pm

To me if you have a 4x4 with OEM wheels,Pretty Chrome wheels,M/T tire and wheel combo or just a set of 24" Black and Stainless steel KMC Dime wheels 8-) I think its great to just venture out sometimes and know what your vehicle is capable of doing,Vigo or not.We all need to know the limitations of our rides.
As for the original subject statement "Vigo Owners-are you crazy?" all I have to say to that is- We Vigo Owners are not Created equal,and if a guy/gal has the "capacity" to buy a Vigo/Navara/Triton/Ranger etc then its his choice,and if he/she wants to sell it at a high price then its up to them,but its up to the person interested to buy to see if its worth it for them to purchase a used vehicle for the asking price...So come on guys no sour grapes here...

~Vēġó~
3NE 2NR Moderator

Postby ~Vēġó~ » February 14th, 2011, 10:38 pm

must take a gander indeed as civic minded suggested....!!!

jm3
12 pounds of Boost

Postby jm3 » February 14th, 2011, 10:39 pm

good to see people do take there trucks offroad i really like the navara with the wide offroad tires and lift kit if the roads continue to get worse i may find myself buying one lol although the old landcruisers have my heart for some reason, i'd have mine all beat up and muddy.

lighthammer
punchin NOS

Postby lighthammer » February 15th, 2011, 5:38 am

Rotated wrote:To me if you have a 4x4 with OEM wheels,Pretty Chrome wheels,M/T tire and wheel combo or just a set of 24" Black and Stainless steel KMC Dime wheels 8-) I think its great to just venture out sometimes and know what your vehicle is capable of doing,Vigo or not.We all need to know the limitations of our rides.
As for the original subject statement "Vigo Owners-are you crazy?" all I have to say to that is- We Vigo Owners are not Created equal,and if a guy/gal has the "capacity" to buy a Vigo/Navara/Triton/Ranger etc then its his choice,and if he/she wants to sell it at a high price then its up to them,but its up to the person interested to buy to see if its worth it for them to purchase a used vehicle for the asking price...So come on guys no sour grapes here...

Word.

Rotated, you got madd respect for having the balls to take your 24-inch through that mud and bush.

Reminded us that beneath that pretty exterior beats the heart of a toyota beast 8) .

its up to the person interested to buy to see if its worth it for them to purchase a used vehicle for the asking price

I just it ridiculous to think that adding all those accessories would bring the asking price up $100K or more.

What's worse is that some of those folks selling their trucks don't remember that car/truck prices actually depreciate over time - even driving it off the lot brand new takes 5% off the sale price.....
Accessories don't add resale value to a vehicle... nothing does - unless it's a 40-year old classic car.

Rotated
Street 2NR

Postby Rotated » February 15th, 2011, 9:20 pm

Thanks Lighthammer...looking foward to the next run with U all. (but how this topic sounding like it should be in the "Truck and Pickup" Forum.)

Team Loco
3NE 2NR Power Seller

Postby Team Loco » February 15th, 2011, 10:35 pm

Lyden, great pics as usual!!

guys, who needs chrome? when it gets covered by mud anyway!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YKTi0TIA8kA

gt4tified
punchin NOS

Postby gt4tified » February 20th, 2011, 5:26 pm

~Vēġó~ wrote:must take a gander indeed as civic minded suggested....!!!

Ah hope you have sumbody to siddong after with a pressurewasher eh! :lol:

Around
3NE 2NR for life

Postby Around » February 20th, 2011, 11:42 pm

Stephon. wrote:This is what I don't get, people spend 200k+ for their 4x4 Vigo, Navara, etc. Yet they swerve from more pot holes than I do :| even a piece of string on the highway does make them switch lanes =/

wwayyyyyy is d rims

supernedd
Chronic TriniTuner

Postby supernedd » February 1st, 2019, 9:28 pm

RIPEBREDFRUIT wrote:A brand New HILUX at Toyota costs $ 269,000.00

and some of you who own Vigos that have over 55000kms on it callin over $ 260,000.00 for it???

Are you all INSANE or just plain stupid?

i dont care how much you paid for it new, its insane!
Ahahha welcome to hilux resale value

supernedd
Chronic TriniTuner

Postby supernedd » February 1st, 2019, 9:28 pm

Kenjo wrote:what!i thought i was the onlyone who noticed this.Yesterday going into the bank a group of Vigo Owners Vigo owners of Trinidad and Tobago(VOTT) heldme up and forced me to buy one of there vehicles.luckily i didnt have enough money and they let me go.glad you are safe and you dont run into them and be forced to buy heir vehicle.its not like there are other options out there.
Hahahah

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”