this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

Kronik
18 pounds of Boost

Re: Heavy Duty Brush Cutter?????

Postby Kronik » February 20th, 2018, 4:08 pm

~Vēġó~ wrote:
TrinbagoMan wrote:
~Vēġó~ wrote:FS 450 checking in.....dat going through anything with ease....kinda bush I does have to deal with by me....

What line you all use for the 450? I had a red line it came with. When that finished i used a white round line. it worked good initially then it started to only burst.

What line you all recommend?
Usually a black string...pretty thick one and it lasts....

I find the black a little too thick, makes it hard to wrap in the head, I use the yellow one on my 450. But the square ones work good as the edges along the length of the string cut the grass better than the normal round one where you usually rely on the tip of the string to do the cutting.
I used to get real problems with the yellow constantly bursting by the eye for the head, just had to change how I was cutting and I don't have that problem anymore, I thought it was a string problem, turns out it was a wackerman problem

~Vēġó~
3NE 2NR Moderator

Postby ~Vēġó~ » February 20th, 2018, 4:22 pm

Kronik wrote:
~Vēġó~ wrote:
TrinbagoMan wrote:
~Vēġó~ wrote:FS 450 checking in.....dat going through anything with ease....kinda bush I does have to deal with by me....

What line you all use for the 450? I had a red line it came with. When that finished i used a white round line. it worked good initially then it started to only burst.

I find the black a little too thick, makes it hard to wrap in the head, I use the yellow one on my 450. But the square ones work good as the edges along the length of the string cut the grass better than the normal round one where you usually rely on the tip of the string to do the cutting.
I used to get real problems with the yellow constantly bursting by the eye for the head, just had to change how I was cutting and I don't have that problem anymore, I thought it was a string problem, turns out it was a wackerman problem
Lol....never had issues with loading the black string so never had any troubles with it...doh need much of it to wrap in the head anyway because of the durability...but gotta try the square line too...

Chimera
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Chimera » February 20th, 2018, 10:27 pm

How allyuh find those 4 string bump head does work

nick639v2
30 pounds of Boost

Postby nick639v2 » February 20th, 2018, 10:57 pm

~Vēġó~ wrote:
Kronik wrote:
~Vēġó~ wrote:
TrinbagoMan wrote:

Lol....never had issues with loading the black string so never had any troubles with it...doh need much of it to wrap in the head anyway because of the durability...but gotta try the square line too...

Is to find the square ones boy.. pressure.. i using a red and white twisted one from bhagwansinghs since i can't get the white square anywhere.

It does the job and minimal bursting

IMG_9195.JPG

TrinbagoMan
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby TrinbagoMan » March 15th, 2018, 12:44 pm

I bought the black one yesterday and used it today. It working very good. Best one so far. It is very durable, with little bursting.

On another note, i was changing heads, and the grass guard came out.. when i mounted back up i noticed the following ring.. I not sure if that came from somewhere on the head, or if it is from something else. Can someone who has a stihl 450 advise?

Kronik
18 pounds of Boost

Postby Kronik » March 15th, 2018, 9:46 pm

TrinbagoMan wrote:I bought the black one yesterday and used it today. It working very good. Best one so far. It is very durable, with little bursting.

On another note, i was changing heads, and the grass guard came out.. when i mounted back up i noticed the following ring.. I not sure if that came from somewhere on the head, or if it is from something else. Can someone who has a stihl 450 advise?

Yeah that does be from the automatic head, I didn't even realize that was there until I take out the head and see that, not sure of the purpose

Vish
Riding on 13's

Postby Vish » June 24th, 2018, 4:56 pm

nismotrinidappa wrote:Prices mart has a powerstroke Wacker. Any reviews? Just want to maintain a lot. High grass cut already

Anybody has experience with PowerStroke from PriceSmart?

nick639v2
30 pounds of Boost

Postby nick639v2 » June 24th, 2018, 5:06 pm

Kronik wrote:
TrinbagoMan wrote:I bought the black one yesterday and used it today. It working very good. Best one so far. It is very durable, with little bursting.

Yeah that does be from the automatic head, I didn't even realize that was there until I take out the head and see that, not sure of the purpose

Just a spacer for the resistance on the spring i think for when u using small diameter string na so it wont unspool

air wick
I LUV THIS PLACE

Heavy Duty Brush Cutter?????

Postby air wick » June 24th, 2018, 5:31 pm

nick639v2 wrote:
~Vēġó~ wrote:
Kronik wrote:
~Vēġó~ wrote:
TrinbagoMan wrote:

Is to find the square ones boy.. pressure.. i using a red and white twisted one from bhagwansinghs since i can't get the white square anywhere.

It does the job and minimal bursting

IMG_9195.JPG

You can get the square ones by ft farfan. I bought original stihl square string there.

Rory Phoulorie
3ne2nr Toppa Toppa

Postby Rory Phoulorie » July 5th, 2018, 12:45 pm

Does anyone know if there is a local dealer for spare parts for the Yard-Man brand of string trimmers that Price Smart used to sell? I am looking for a replacement bump head.

Also, how do you minimise or prevent line welding from occurring?

Thanks.

RedVEVO
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby RedVEVO » July 5th, 2018, 5:38 pm

^^

FarFan have everything .

Ask for Christopher .

zaria
Trinituner Peong

Postby zaria » July 7th, 2018, 8:56 am

Rory Phoulorie wrote:Does anyone know if there is a local dealer for spare parts for the Yard-Man brand of string trimmers that Price Smart used to sell? I am looking for a replacement bump head.

Thanks.

Might be the head or line I think
Or maybe you have some really dread grass.
Don’t have that issue with a Stijl 450 and
Bumphead
Try advancing the string more often

adnj
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby adnj » July 7th, 2018, 9:53 am

I bought a like new unit from a tuner that was migrating so that I could check it out. I saw a Youtube video from a local poster and I agree with what he found.

I run mine with Stihl 2-stroke engine oil at 50:1 and have had zero engine or control problems after about 50 hours of residential operation. I use it on grass that is no more than 10 inches high with occasional clumps of tall barnyardgrass and foxtail.

I made a few mods on mine: waterproofing the electrical connections, lubing the throttle control cable, overtaping the conduit, upgrading the bumpfeed head, shortening the line trimming blade, using a different body harness, disabling the throttle grip safety, and tuning the fuel mix ratio.

Pros: Reasonably priced and relatively light weight. Comes complete with a grass blade, trimmer head and mixing bottle. As powerful as most mid-level units at about 1.5 hp. The differential came well greased and is easy to lubricate. The engine housing is easy to remove for maintenance. The carburetor looks like a Wahlbro design and takes those gaskets. The tank is about 1 liter. Fuel economy is good; expect nearly 2 hours of run time at 50% throttle. The handle can be quickly shifted to the side for transport or storage.

Cons: I'm not too impressed by the controls or the vibration mount for the engine. The bump head works but had a problem where it would separate and fly off while being used. I didn't like the harness at all. The line trimming blade can catch on the ground during use.

https://youtu.be/ff7ysuA5F2g

Vish wrote:
nismotrinidappa wrote:Prices mart has a powerstroke Wacker. Any reviews? Just want to maintain a lot. High grass cut already

Last edited by adnj on July 7th, 2018, 9:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

adnj
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby adnj » July 7th, 2018, 10:12 am

Rory Phoulorie wrote:Does anyone know if there is a local dealer for spare parts for the Yard-Man brand of string trimmers that Price Smart used to sell? I am looking for a replacement bump head.

Thanks.

There are only a few different sizes of shafts. Just don't get a head that is too big for your trimmer's engine.

You can use any head that has the same shaft size, thread pitch and thread direction (clockwise/counter-clockwise).

Southern Supplies had some replacement heads that were cheap ($40?), seemed to be well made. They may fit your machine. Or you can switch to a universal fixed line head for about $120. Those work very well on tougher grass and allow you to use a heavier line. They also tend to last a long, long time.

Line welding is usually caused by wrapping the line incorrectly or using inferior line that allows your line to heat-up on the spool. There is a lot of info about it if you search on the web.
Last edited by adnj on July 7th, 2018, 10:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

nick639v2
30 pounds of Boost

Postby nick639v2 » July 7th, 2018, 10:28 am

^^ correct, what i noticed also as the head bearing wears, it produces more heat so when i changed mine after a service it stop welding lines... But this is a last resort

adnj
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby adnj » July 7th, 2018, 1:21 pm

^^ If the bearings or gears in the differential gear case are wearing, getting sloppy or over-heating it may be incorrect lube. Some people don't add grease or may use the wrong type.

I've even read that you can get overheating from using too much grease. The case should only be filled about halfway.

Sundar
Riding on 17's

Postby Sundar » July 7th, 2018, 4:54 pm

Hey Guys I've got a stihl fs160 with the auto cut head. I find I'm losing power when I'm cutting bigger grass that the machine dies down too quickly. How many turns do you open the low and high screws?

De Dragon
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby De Dragon » July 8th, 2018, 6:37 am

adnj wrote:^^ If the bearings or gears in the differential gear case are wearing, getting sloppy or over-heating it may be incorrect lube. Some people don't add grease or may use the wrong type.

I've even read that you can get overheating from using too much grease. The case should only be filled about halfway.

This is correct, and not only for string trimmers.

Joshie23
Riding on 17's

Postby Joshie23 » July 14th, 2018, 6:48 pm

Pointman-IA wrote:I spoke to the Murray Dealer today and they have parts for the M43X brushcutter from Pricesmart.
They have the clutch spring and I am getting it tomorrow.
Thank goodness they supply a retailer in Gopaul Lands, Marabella with parts.

Can always count on my fellow 2NR's. Right now, I'm looking for a bump head for the M43X. Almost purchased online, but I'll call the retailer listed below on Monday to see if they have in stock. :D

HSA
Riding on 17's

Postby HSA » July 17th, 2018, 9:15 am

Vish wrote:

not too sure about the powerstroke engine..but pricesmart had murray which carried a briggs and straton engine.

once you mix your oil and gas correctly ( 50:1) it would last a long time. i had my murray from pircesmart and paired with a husquvarna t35 bump head and gator line, that thing does damages even to bamboo grass

its important to grease the head properly when bought as there is hardly any present. its important to use the string shield as it keeps the string at optimal length.

if the string is too long, it will strain the machine and eventually burn the clutch. Tamara Holdings is the dealer for murray in la romain if you ever need parts. ( thats if powerstroke carries the same engine)

but all in all, paid approx 1200 for my murray, 4 years and countless wacking after, it still going strong

Nexus
3NE 2NR for life

Postby Nexus » February 13th, 2019, 8:52 pm

Thought I'd resurrect this thread instead of starting a new one. Looking to get a Wacker for residential yard maintenance, nothing too heavy duty. Anyone have recommendations on a Wacker to server my proposed? Price point and possible vendors. Thanks

adnj
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby adnj » February 13th, 2019, 9:43 pm

How much are you cutting, how often and what is your budget?

Are you carrying it from house to house or just cutting your own yard?

Nexus
3NE 2NR for life

Postby Nexus » February 14th, 2019, 5:52 am

Hey,
Yea its my own yard, a two lots. Not even the entire yard, but like edges, drains... sometimes though I might do the whole place. Do you think $1200 is a realistic budget for something suitable to my needs?

shake d livin wake d dead
TunerGod

Postby shake d livin wake d dead » February 14th, 2019, 5:59 am

Nexus wrote:Hey,
Yea its my own yard, a two lots. Not even the entire yard, but like edges, drains... sometimes though I might do the whole place. Do you think $1200 is a realistic budget for something suitable to my needs?

Sthl fs 55 should be around $1350....this is a lil monster bro...had mine 10 years now...regular service and that's it..

adnj
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby adnj » February 14th, 2019, 6:06 am

shake d livin wake d dead wrote:
Nexus wrote:Hey,

Sthl fs 55 should be around $1350....this is a lil monster bro...had mine 10 years now...regular service and that's it..
Two lots every week or two means that you can use just about anything with a straight shaft.

Stihl is widely available with plenty of service locations so that's a plus for many.

Nexus
3NE 2NR for life

Postby Nexus » February 14th, 2019, 6:24 am

Thanks guys,
who is the dealer for Stihl? Farfan, will I get the best prices there?

pugboy
TunerGod

Postby pugboy » February 14th, 2019, 6:32 am

Motee sangre grande has good price(at least a couple years ago)

I bought my stihl 4stroke there for about 500 cheaper and they incl gas container and a flat blade and face shield

shake d livin wake d dead
TunerGod

Postby shake d livin wake d dead » February 14th, 2019, 6:40 am

Nexus wrote:Thanks guys,

motee is a good dealer

and well farfan can't go wrong

adnj
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby adnj » February 14th, 2019, 7:24 am

Nexus wrote:Thanks guys,
If you go to Farfan, join their VIP club to get some discounts for use later. They also have a good parts selection and service department.

hydroep
3ne2nr Toppa Toppa

Postby hydroep » February 14th, 2019, 7:45 am

Farfan sells genuine stuff but gord boi, sometimes they does want to dig out yuh eye. Simple thing like a spark plug was around $ 55.00. Got the same thing on the outside for $ 18.00...:|

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”