Heavy Duty Brush Cutter?????

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

hong kong phooey
punchin NOS

Re: Heavy Duty Brush Cutter?????

Postby hong kong phooey » September 6th, 2016, 6:02 am

Pointman-IA wrote:
HSA wrote:The husquvarna parts work on the murray from pricesmart...from the carb kit down to the bump cup and blades....have my murray from p.s bout 3 years and never gave any trouble...

the only issue was the original bump head...i replaced it with a t35x head from husquvarna which i bought from massy...

Been using 3mm black string from massy and damn...that thing could cut bamboo grass without a sweat

I am looking for a clutch spring for the Murray. You think the Husquvarna might be similar.

I should have asked questions here first
I just brought in a head for my murray from the US

Ted_v2
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Ted_v2 » September 6th, 2016, 6:52 am

Recently used a fs280 to cut down some donkey grass and whew! that was a beast coming from using a fs85 for the past couple of years, For regular grass however i still like my fs85. Very light compared to the 280, gas consumption too almost twice for the 280.

word for whoever have a have a sthil, remember to grease this. i finally greased mines after a couple years and boy did it make a difference. 55$ for the small one, and 65$ for one almost twice the size.

HSA
Riding on 17's

Postby HSA » September 6th, 2016, 7:03 am

the murray dealer here is

Fernandez Hardware
15A Mucurapo Rd. St. James
Port of Spain
622-4057

I called to ask about parts and the rep who answered the phone first asked if it was the murray from pricesmart......when i confirmed she indicated that they do not have that model in stock and would not be able to help me....looks like p.s cut their sales with the murray and is bad mind for pricesmart

hong kong phooey
punchin NOS

Postby hong kong phooey » September 6th, 2016, 9:01 am

HSA wrote:the murray dealer here is

Fernandez Hardware
15A Mucurapo Rd. St. James
Port of Spain
622-4057

I called to ask about parts and the rep who answered the phone first asked if it was the murray from pricesmart......when i confirmed she indicated that they do not have that model in stock and would not be able to help me....looks like p.s cut their sales with the murray and is bad mind for pricesmart

No, they getting parts for Murray North America.
The model Pricesmart have is for the South American market.
They sell the same murray in the states by another brand i forget now

Had the same issue with a black and decker drill i purchased in Dansteel.
When I looked up the model number it was for the south american market so it was ketchass to source the part from the US.
it is good to look up model numbers before purchasing tools

Pointman-IA
Shifting into 6th

Postby Pointman-IA » September 7th, 2016, 6:07 pm

I spoke to the Murray Dealer today and they have parts for the M43X brushcutter from Pricesmart.
They have the clutch spring and I am getting it tomorrow.
Thank goodness they supply a retailer in Gopaul Lands, Marabella with parts.

HSA
Riding on 17's

Postby HSA » September 8th, 2016, 10:39 am

Pointman-IA wrote:I spoke to the Murray Dealer today and they have parts for the M43X brushcutter from Pricesmart.
They have the clutch spring and I am getting it tomorrow.
Thank goodness they supply a retailer in Gopaul Lands, Marabella with parts.

contact info for this retailer??

Pointman-IA
Shifting into 6th

Postby Pointman-IA » September 8th, 2016, 10:40 am

Tamara Holdings
658-0212

dude2014
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby dude2014 » September 9th, 2016, 11:04 pm

With regards parts for your brushcutters such as filters and tuneup, there is a guy on the St .Mary's stretch, Freeport. They are Jim Small Engine Repair. Have a card, will post their number.

For bumper heads I bought three at Bob, Southern Chem in Chaguanas. Didnot last long. My 8550 EFCO Italian/German Engineering has too much torque for the head. Had to buy the original bumper head.

dude2014
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby dude2014 » September 9th, 2016, 11:09 pm

Internet acting up. Just buff TSTT. They will fix the thing in Three to five days. By dat time, man dead.
Dont forget to read your owners manual.
Enginners too smart to do so until it too late.

I am not an ENGINEER, some wil probably say ENGINE FAR ........ So I read.

hong kong phooey
punchin NOS

Postby hong kong phooey » September 11th, 2016, 5:58 am

shindaiwa is also very good
i Have a B450 for over 5 years and it can handle the jamming
it even cuts saplings more than 2 inches in diameter without an issue.
only thing is the blade eats away, But that could be because I cut down to earth.
Most important thing is use the correct gas mixture so you machine does not smoke like that one in the video

with my shindiawa i use premium gas and shindaiwa oil
with my murray i use super gas and np oil

I dont rev the machine like the guy in the video
i run at a fairly constant throttle position. speed up and slow down as needed
But these last few points are just my preference.

hong kong phooey
punchin NOS

Postby hong kong phooey » September 11th, 2016, 6:10 am

dude2014 wrote:With regards parts for your brushcutters such as filters and tuneup, there is a guy on the St .Mary's stretch, Freeport. They are Jim Small Engine Repair. Have a card, will post their number.

For bumper heads I bought three at Bob, Southern Chem in Chaguanas. Didnot last long. My 8550 EFCO Italian/German Engineering has too much torque for the head. Had to buy the original bumper head.

I am going to try this head
i will order it later in the week
https://www.amazon.com/Speed-Feed-Unive ... B00DRNIZ2C

dude2014
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby dude2014 » September 11th, 2016, 2:37 pm

hong kong phooey wrote:
dude2014 wrote:With regards parts for your brushcutters such as filters and tuneup, there is a guy on the St .Mary's stretch, Freeport. They are Jim Small Engine Repair. Have a card, will post their number.

There are different torque or power rating for heads. The reason it will work is that it is universal, i.e. it will screw unto the bolt on the gear head. Some models have a nut in the head or a nut to tighten onto the gear head, the blade and rider plate. If it works, great. I am sure even without seeing the thing or trying it, it will fit on my machine. Due to the torque rating on the EFCO (not to be confused with ECHO) smashed three bumper head (bhd). The 8550 (THE BOSS)is equivalent to a STILH 500, AND IT RUNS A TILLER HEAD when not cutting grass.
With regards the nut or bolt in the polymatic head (bhd), when you buy the head it ought to come with the adaptor /instructions to change same. That is why the suppliers sometimes ask you to walk with the old head and in some cases the whole damn thing – the machine.
Due to the fact that I cut my grass in the evening the head runs hot on hot days and the plastic starts to buckle. Even took two and made one. With the proper power rating this does not happen. CEPEP does their thing in the morning when there is precipitation or dew water together with reduced temperature, and in local palance, ‘dem is man’ they brushing anything. Hope you (know it is a brush cutter) and can see the difference.
You can google the model and serial number for the torque and temperature rating for the head you are about to use.

HSA
Riding on 17's

Postby HSA » September 22nd, 2016, 11:47 am

hong kong phooey wrote:

lemme know how this working...currently using a t35 husquvarna head on my murray...i am using the 3mm black string from massy and dam....that string strong....it cutting bamboo grass easy..but you have to release a bit often but it doesnt cut

EFFECTIC DESIGNS
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby EFFECTIC DESIGNS » September 22nd, 2016, 1:10 pm

Ted_v2 wrote:Recently used a fs280 to cut down some donkey grass and whew! that was a beast coming from using a fs85 for the past couple of years, For regular grass however i still like my fs85. Very light compared to the 280, gas consumption too almost twice for the 280.

word for whoever have a have a sthil, remember to grease this. i finally greased mines after a couple years and boy did it make a difference. 55$ for the small one, and 65$ for one almost twice the size.

my FS 120 does drink gas for some reason.

I have had mine for 1 year now so you saying this thing needs grease every 2 years? I does cut down some serious donkey grass I have 1.25 Acres of coconuts. It shows no sign of weakness I use steel blade offcourse

Ted_v2
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Ted_v2 » September 22nd, 2016, 1:36 pm

I grease mines every 5 times I use it.

Sent from my GT-I9060C using TriniTuner mobile app

rspann
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby rspann » September 22nd, 2016, 1:51 pm

I concrete my whole yard.

baigan
Riding on 16's

Postby baigan » September 22nd, 2016, 2:15 pm

Wow, y'all take the brush cutter thing seriously lol

baigan
Riding on 16's

Postby baigan » September 22nd, 2016, 2:15 pm

rspann wrote:I concrete my whole yard.

Same here

dude2014
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby dude2014 » September 22nd, 2016, 9:03 pm

baigan wrote:Wow, y'all take the brush cutter thing seriously lol

When you brushing things down, you better be serious.
Dont use the barn saw blades. Remember the kid who got killed when one broke somewhere in south.
Most likely you will get chrome vanadium blades. Make sure it is not some cocamany thing you are using.
Another guy cut off piece of his heel.

Be sure to clean the area as best as possible of stone, debris,etc. One of my operators ended up with a piece of wire in his scrotum. Well the hurtful part was having to pay $6k to remove it. Yeah bros, spending money can hurt.

pugboy
TunerGod

Postby pugboy » September 22nd, 2016, 9:40 pm

Folks have to be brave to use circular saw blades on a wacker.

Are there any reports of the stihl metal blades breaking ?
I use both the star shaped brush cutting and the straight lawn cutting one.

baigan
Riding on 16's

Postby baigan » September 22nd, 2016, 10:10 pm

Lol damn sorry about your operator, sounds painful

dude2014
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby dude2014 » September 22nd, 2016, 10:11 pm

pugboy wrote:Folks have to be brave to use circular saw blades on a wacker.

Are there any reports of the stihl metal blades breaking ?
I use both the star shaped brush cutting and the straight lawn cutting one.

There has been no report that a manufactured specified blade has been broken. Of course you can Google the thing, look at a few videos, etc.

What I have seen though is those type of blades can bend. Once this happens you have to change it as it can cause the gear head to crack.

dude2014
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby dude2014 » September 22nd, 2016, 10:13 pm

I have used a circular saw blade on my machine for some thick shrubs. Need to use your shield. Also the Owners Manual may have dos and donts to guide you. Circular saw blades are manufactured to withstand breaking. The thing to remember is that it cannot be substituted for a chainsaw.

I believe that there are saw tooth blades for Wackers

dude2014
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby dude2014 » September 22nd, 2016, 10:19 pm

You all just waiting to Google the thing. Do so now as I did and get all excited.

TrinbagoMan
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby TrinbagoMan » February 18th, 2018, 6:50 pm

~Vēġó~ wrote:FS 450 checking in.....dat going through anything with ease....kinda bush I does have to deal with by me....

What line you all use for the 450? I had a red line it came with. When that finished i used a white round line. it worked good initially then it started to only burst.

What line you all recommend?

~Vēġó~
3NE 2NR Moderator

Postby ~Vēġó~ » February 18th, 2018, 6:51 pm

TrinbagoMan wrote:
~Vēġó~ wrote:FS 450 checking in.....dat going through anything with ease....kinda bush I does have to deal with by me....

What line you all use for the 450? I had a red line it came with. When that finished i used a white round line. it worked good initially then it started to only burst.

Usually a black string...pretty thick one and it lasts....

*KRONIK*
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby *KRONIK* » February 19th, 2018, 12:13 pm

TrinbagoMan wrote:

Use the recommended thickness of line .
Too heavy and it can damage the "eyes" in the head

nismotrinidappa
I LUV THIS PLACE

Postby nismotrinidappa » February 19th, 2018, 10:10 pm

Prices mart has a powerstroke Wacker. Any reviews? Just want to maintain a lot. High grass cut already

Kronik
18 pounds of Boost

Postby Kronik » February 20th, 2018, 4:08 pm

~Vēġó~ wrote:
TrinbagoMan wrote:

I find the black a little too thick, makes it hard to wrap in the head, I use the yellow one on my 450. But the square ones work good as the edges along the length of the string cut the grass better than the normal round one where you usually rely on the tip of the string to do the cutting.
I used to get real problems with the yellow constantly bursting by the eye for the head, just had to change how I was cutting and I don't have that problem anymore, I thought it was a string problem, turns out it was a wackerman problem

~Vēġó~
3NE 2NR Moderator

Postby ~Vēġó~ » February 20th, 2018, 4:22 pm

Kronik wrote:
~Vēġó~ wrote:
TrinbagoMan wrote:

I find the black a little too thick, makes it hard to wrap in the head, I use the yellow one on my 450. But the square ones work good as the edges along the length of the string cut the grass better than the normal round one where you usually rely on the tip of the string to do the cutting.
I used to get real problems with the yellow constantly bursting by the eye for the head, just had to change how I was cutting and I don't have that problem anymore, I thought it was a string problem, turns out it was a wackerman problem
Lol....never had issues with loading the black string so never had any troubles with it...doh need much of it to wrap in the head anyway because of the durability...but gotta try the square line too...

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”