3NE 2NR for life

Re: ***THE FARMERS CHED***

Postby jl6106 » September 8th, 2017, 1:35 pm

ED cut and burn, then plant ochre.

adnj
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby adnj » September 8th, 2017, 1:47 pm

Does anyone know where I can buy Crossbow, Garlon, Pathfinder, or any other triclopyr-based herbicide?

Chimera
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Chimera » September 8th, 2017, 2:35 pm

EFFECTIC DESIGNS wrote:Someone did advise me to burn the bamboo patch with about 10 car tires.

But I will go price the chemicals first, cutting it is no easy task because when you cut one stalk it does be hook up so to get it out is pressure.

must have a village crackhead you could hit a $50-$100 to do it for you

bluefete
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby bluefete » September 8th, 2017, 2:43 pm

shake d livin wake d dead wrote:
bluefete wrote:Green fig people:

Is it true that a green fig tree only bears once, then you have to cut it down?

Or is there a possibility that it will bear again sometime later?

my experience...one time it bears and daz it for the tree....the tree usually send out suckers doh

adnj wrote:If we're talking about the small bananas called figs; all banana trees bear once. Cut the stalk down to less than one foot high and dispose of it to prevent insect pests. You should get a new sucker soon after.

Let three or four suckers of different heights grow together so that you will get fruit more often.

Thanks much Shake d livin and adnj.

We started with one and before it bore fruit, 3 more came up around it. We ended up with 4 bearing trees but I did not want to cut them down unless I was sure they only bear once.

When I take the green bananas (I think someone called them silk fig when ripe), I will cut down the trees. They are already shooting up others.

Thanks for the advice.

lipstick war
Street 2NR

Postby lipstick war » September 8th, 2017, 5:00 pm

EFFECTIC DESIGNS wrote:Anybody know how to get rid of a bamboo patch? has a big ass at the end of my land that I absolutely need destroyed.

what about a solution such as a chemical like a poison to throw next to the root?

Use glyphosate goes under many brands like glyphos,swiper, roundup include a sufactant e.g breakthru for efficacy.triclopr based herbicide will work also

EFFECTIC DESIGNS
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby EFFECTIC DESIGNS » September 8th, 2017, 6:33 pm

lipstick war wrote:
EFFECTIC DESIGNS wrote:Anybody know how to get rid of a bamboo patch? has a big ass at the end of my land that I absolutely need destroyed.

what about a solution such as a chemical like a poison to throw next to the root?

Use glyphosate goes under many brands like glyphos,swiper, roundup include a sufactant e.g breakthru for efficacy.triclopr based herbicide will work also

How thick do I mix the gluphosate? and how much to use? you think Half Gallon could do it? in maybe 2 bucket of water?

because the other chemical the other guy said to use the garden shop here said its no longer being sold.

If I poison it will be better than paying the village crackhead to cut it with a cutlass. Cause the poison will kill it permanent.

lipstick war
Street 2NR

Postby lipstick war » September 8th, 2017, 6:55 pm

EFFECTIC DESIGNS wrote:
lipstick war wrote:

How thick do I mix the gluphosate? and how much to use? you think Half Gallon could do it? in maybe 2 bucket of water?

because the other chemical the other guy said to use the garden shop here said its no longer being sold.

If I poison it will be better than paying the village crackhead to cut it with a cutlass. Cause the poison will kill it permanent.

Mix no more than 1.5 oz (45ml) of glyosphate per gallon of water in your backpack sprayer,don't forget to add a sufactant into the solution otherwise it's useless.mix then blast

adnj
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby adnj » September 8th, 2017, 7:02 pm

EFFECTIC DESIGNS wrote:

You will never ever get rid of it without cutting it down first. You should be able to take down a 20 stalk bunch with a manual pruning saw (not a bow saw) in two hours. The saw is faster than a cutlass and you can use it to prune your fruit trees later. A saw will cost $60 - $150.

After you cut down the bamboo, use concentrated glyphosate and paint the top of the stump left behind. You'll use about 16 ounces to treat the stumps. Painting the stump helps to prevent you from wasting the glyphosate.

Spray the sprouts that come back with a 2-times-maximum solution of glyphosate. Maximum is about 2 ounces (60 ml) per gallon of spray depending upon the brand, so use about 4 ounces per gallon. Don't bother spraying until you see new, green sprouts.

A half gallon of Roundup should be fine for what you want to do and still have some left over. Don't bother pouring glyphosate on the roots; it deactivates when it comes into contact with soil.

EFFECTIC DESIGNS
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby EFFECTIC DESIGNS » September 8th, 2017, 7:27 pm

adnj wrote:
EFFECTIC DESIGNS wrote:

You will never ever get rid of it without cutting it down first. You should be able to take down a 20 stalk bunch with a manual pruning saw (not a bow saw) in two hours. The saw is faster than a cutlass and you can use it to prune your fruit trees later. A saw will cost $60 - $150.

After you cut down the bamboo, use concentrated glyphosate and paint the top of the stump left behind. You'll use about 16 ounces to treat the stumps. Painting the stump helps to prevent you from wasting the glyphosate.

Spray the sprouts that come back with a 2-times-maximum solution of glyphosate. Maximum is about 2 ounces (60 ml) per gallon of spray depending upon the brand, so use about 4 ounces per gallon. Don't bother spraying until you see new, green sprouts.

A half gallon of Roundup should be fine for what you want to do and still have some left over. Don't bother pouring glyphosate on the roots; it deactivates when it comes into contact with soil.

ooh ok thanks will do.

pugboy
TunerGod

Postby pugboy » September 8th, 2017, 8:27 pm

if bamboo is green
A sharp cutlass with good follow thru technique can cut even thick sections with a lash on either side
Dry bamboo is dangerous to chop
Can bounce off easily

francis1979
Chronic TriniTuner

Postby francis1979 » September 8th, 2017, 9:32 pm

Anyone has production models for different crops, fruits and lumber

EFFECTIC DESIGNS
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby EFFECTIC DESIGNS » September 8th, 2017, 9:39 pm

pugboy wrote:if bamboo is green
A sharp cutlass with good follow thru technique can cut even thick sections with a lash on either side
Dry bamboo is dangerous to chop
Can bounce off easily

yeah its very green, I cut 6 stalks so far I will go back next week and try to pull them out, I hate now they does stick up you does be pulling that and thugging on it and it does refuse to come out but I am sure if I go every day and do a few it must finish at some point.

These days I spraying with the mist blower trying to get rid of an acre and 3 lots of bamboo grass. Not as easy as it sounds that blower with a full tank of poison is so heavy to lift its unreal I hadda take a few days rest before going back to deal with that bamboo.

The neighbor there has a piece of land but his case was way worse he whole land had bamboo somehow he brought atleast 60 tires and burn them to get rid of it that man spend a week burning tire there, amazingly 2 years later all grow back yes.

pugboy
TunerGod

Postby pugboy » September 8th, 2017, 10:12 pm

You should burn tracks to segment to control the spreading

EFFECTIC DESIGNS
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby EFFECTIC DESIGNS » September 8th, 2017, 10:23 pm

pugboy wrote:You should burn tracks to segment to control the spreading

Yes that is one thing I have to do because right direct on the bound there is a massive bamboo patch in the neighbor yard. And since he useless and does cuss people when they complain about this menace of a bamboo patch he has I will have to do something about it spreading on my side.

Chimera
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Chimera » September 9th, 2017, 9:19 am

U spraying poison with a mist blower?

adnj
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby adnj » September 9th, 2017, 7:46 pm

Phone Surgeon wrote:U spraying poison with a mist blower?

Hopefully with a full face respirator. Image

Chimera
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Chimera » September 9th, 2017, 7:47 pm

He gonna posion all d neighbours land

Ted_v2
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Ted_v2 » September 10th, 2017, 7:34 am

Ed strikes again

adnj
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby adnj » September 10th, 2017, 10:47 am

lipstick war wrote:
EFFECTIC DESIGNS wrote:... triclopyr-based herbicide will work also.

I'm looking for a triclopyr herbicide but would rather not have to call every agricultural shop in the directory.

Does anyone know of a store that has any available for sale?

EFFECTIC DESIGNS
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby EFFECTIC DESIGNS » September 10th, 2017, 11:31 am

yes, what else do you spray with a Mist Blower? Peanut Punch? steups this is what it is made for spraying fcking poison.

I can't spray this much land with a regular spray can not to mention it takes $300 in poison to cover this much area with a regular mechanical can, the mist blower only needs $100 in poison it is far far more efficient especially with the high winds blowing here I know because I tested both. Never going back to regular spray can as heavy as the mist blower is to carry.

EFFECTIC DESIGNS
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby EFFECTIC DESIGNS » September 10th, 2017, 11:39 am

adnj wrote:

Hopefully with a full face respirator. Image

Not a full face mask but I am using a respirator. I spray down very low and I spray from East to West so the wind pushes everything west infront of me.

nick639v2
30 pounds of Boost

Postby nick639v2 » September 10th, 2017, 3:13 pm

shake d livin wake d dead wrote:When last allyuh see this...selling same price as zaboca

Sugar apple??? U have a tree???

Boy i love that... will pay for some

shake d livin wake d dead
TunerGod

Postby shake d livin wake d dead » September 11th, 2017, 7:21 am

I have a tree in the garden, it's loaded but hard to climb....

also found the nuts recently....waiting for them to dry
Attachments
IMG_20170911_071249.jpg
IMG-20170911-WA0000.jpg
Last edited by shake d livin wake d dead on September 11th, 2017, 8:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

lipstick war
Street 2NR

Postby lipstick war » September 11th, 2017, 8:01 am

adnj wrote:
lipstick war wrote:

I'm looking for a triclopyr herbicide but would rather not have to call every agricultural shop in the directory.

Call,southern chemicals 665 1315

adnj
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby adnj » September 11th, 2017, 7:46 pm

lipstick war wrote:
adnj wrote:
lipstick war wrote:

Call,southern chemicals 665 1315

Thank you, sir.

adnj
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby adnj » September 12th, 2017, 12:35 pm

Southern Chemicals told me that they have never heard of triclopyr.

EFFECTIC DESIGNS
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby EFFECTIC DESIGNS » September 13th, 2017, 7:02 pm

So I had mentioned this before I planted 160 coconut trees about 2 years ago. The land is maybe 1 mile or less from my house its close by, i went today to see how the grass drying that I had sprayed.

Upon my inspection I noticed 4 of the trees get bite up, they not bite up that bad but you can see its missing some leaves or branches and it has sustained moderate damage. This was done by a COW that one of the neighbors own, and this guy is renting. I had spoken to the land lord the last time this happened but he don't care, I spoke to the renter who owns the cow but looks like he don't care. I called the Agriculture Police for him last time and I see he tie the cow and I didn't have issues for nearly 1 year. Today I saw the cow foot print near the trees so I know its his cow nobody there does mine any cow except him.

He had 2 goats but somebody pass and thief it, too bad they didn't thief the cow aswell.

I spoke with him today and he asked me how much money I want in compensation, I told him I will get someone to evaluate it he said ok once I get the price to check him back, I said ok no problem. "I saw he had the cow tie aswell but sometimes it gets away"

However I am not sure how much to charge him. Any ideas based on the description I have given here?

The individual in question is also a crop farmer btw but he claims the cow is his pet he has one animal. So perhaps he is genuine in the tone he used suggesting he has no problem compensating me, he seemed rather nice about the idea of compensation aswell. But I don't know what is a fair price to ask here. Any suggestions?

TunerGod

Postby shake d livin wake d dead » September 13th, 2017, 9:58 pm

average how much you spend on maintaining one tree for the last 2 years and multiply it by 4...shrugs shoulders...but a few leaves and branches missing from a coconut tree not doing the tree any harm.

EFFECTIC DESIGNS
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby EFFECTIC DESIGNS » September 14th, 2017, 12:27 am

shake d livin wake d dead wrote:average how much you spend on maintaining one tree for the last 2 years and multiply it by 4...shrugs shoulders...but a few leaves and branches missing from a coconut tree not doing the tree any harm.

Yeah one of the reasons I didn't want to charge him is because it wasn't a BIG harm

But lets be real when that happens the tree takes a long time to catch back pretty much 7 months and it helps to stun the growth.

I feel I will give him a bligh this time but next time I will use your formula and approach him immediately for my money if it happens in future, I spoke with him yesterday so I assume he understands I explained to him the time and money I does spend behind these things hopefully he secures the animal better.

If I go back and see more trees eaten in future will have to charge him.

TunerGod

Postby shake d livin wake d dead » September 14th, 2017, 7:11 am

the most you would spend is on fertilizers...and that is probably every 6 months or so

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”