Forums

***THE FARMERS CHED***

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

hong kong phooey
punchin NOS

Re: ***THE FARMERS CHED***

Postby hong kong phooey » November 1st, 2018, 12:33 am

i haven't claimed for the last couple years so i dont know .
I claimed on my wackers and other tools and did get back a sizable amount , last claim was for a shindaiwa 450 wacker and i got back 2000 +
But your land have to be cultivated as they come and check.
I believe they are still giving the subsidies .
i will also need to renew my license as i want to purchase some new tools.
will update when i do

snsauto
Ricer

Postby snsauto » November 19th, 2018, 5:31 pm

Farmers give me your $.02

A spray mixture of 15-30-15 +TE +kelp with omex calmax for added calcium with fastac insecticide.

Application vegetables- lettuce, cabbage, patchoi, tomatoes, etc.

snsauto
Ricer

Postby snsauto » November 19th, 2018, 5:46 pm

Also can farmers give some reviews and prices on "walk behind tractors" for vegetable bed ploughing and tilling..... (Weight of tractor makes a mess with trenches all over). Thanks a mil guys. We're trying real hard to increase production of the farms ... It's all a bit new to us but we have the desire for it. So far we have been planting about 1000 patchoi and 1000 heads of lettuce weekly. We also did some baigan, pimento peppers, bell peppers, caraili, bodi, tomatoes. Total garden space (6acres)
Yes we are pushing it full time.
Reason I ask for walk behind tractor reviews is it would be pretty decent for the constant making of beds and what not for the weekly setting of lettuce and patchoi.... We have done everything by hand thus far but if we could invest in making things easier we will.
The turnover/profit has been satisfactory so far. No complaints. At the moment we cannot keep with the demand. Hence the asking of advice and expanding of the farm. Thanks guys!

adnj
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby adnj » November 19th, 2018, 5:59 pm

Kelp is an organic source of trace elements.
10-15-10 +TE is an inorganic source of trace elements.
10-10-10 or 15-15-15 is a balanced, all-around fertilizer.
Spraying Fastac if you don't have any insects may not be beneficial.

High phosphorous may help the tomatoes. Not so much with your leafy vegetables.

Use a high nitrogen inorganic to amend the soil. Plant. Add a balanced fertilizer at interval. Spray insecticide as needed. Mix them if you need to spray at the same time.

Use the kelp if you are switching to organic and leave out the insecticide.

I believe that once you pass two acres, you're getting into small tractor territory. A walk behind will work for hilly territory or small plots of about 10k sqft better than anything else. If you have an acre that you're planting as one crop, a tractor is better, IMHO.
Last edited by adnj on November 19th, 2018, 5:59 pm, edited 2 times in total.

snsauto
Ricer

Postby snsauto » November 19th, 2018, 6:03 pm

adnj wrote:Kelp is an organic source of trace elements.
10-15-10 +TE is an inorganic source of trace elements.
10-10-10 or 15-15-15 is a balanced, all-around fertilizer.
Spraying Fastac if you don't have any insects may not be beneficial.

High phosphorous may help the tomatoes. Not so much with your leafy tomatoes.

Use a high nitrogen inorganic to amend the soil. Plant. Add a balanced fertilizer at interval. Spray insecticide as needed. Mix them if you need to spray at the same time.

Use the kelp if you are switching to organic and leave out the insecticide.

Thank you!

snsauto
Ricer

Postby snsauto » November 19th, 2018, 8:11 pm

Can you give a general idea of walk behind prices and who are suppliers?
Mainly want it to do small portions weekly as we reap. Maybe 5000 sq ft or less of use weekly.
Thought about a small tractor but it is making huge trenches in the patchoi and lettuce area so a walk behind was recommended as its only a small area at a time. Also the cost of a small tractor may be a bit out of our budget at this stage. I have been getting prices in excess of 100k. We cannot get subsidies at the moment as the property is currently being transferred through a will probate and its quite a process (agricultural leasehold).

snsauto
Ricer

Postby snsauto » November 19th, 2018, 8:14 pm

I have contacted ft farfan asking for prices over and over so we can make decisions and plan but they just keep telling me to come in. I don't want to go all the way there to just get a price. At this stage we are in the land from sunrise to sunset. I genuinely don't have the time during the day. I expected in this day and age with technology they can atleast tell you the models they stock and prices so you can do some research and reviews online.

adnj
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby adnj » November 19th, 2018, 9:38 pm

FT Farfan carries Gravely. I believe that their prices are about the same as US street prices plus 30%.

tardissubie
3NE 2NR for life

Postby tardissubie » November 19th, 2018, 10:25 pm

snsauto wrote:I have contacted ft farfan asking for prices over and over so we can make decisions and plan but they just keep telling me to come in. I don't want to go all the way there to just get a price. At this stage we are in the land from sunrise to sunset. I genuinely don't have the time during the day. I expected in this day and age with technology they can atleast tell you the models they stock and prices so you can do some research and reviews online.
If it is a walk behind maybe you can look into bringing one in for yourself these companies ask for too much money. It should not have any issue as far as I can see it can ship via sea from the states, a Honda or BCS or something and you just pay duties and vat. Anyone know if there is special regulation to follow?

Personally used a Honda prior and was really good, only had it lock up once when it stayed tilted badly for a good while but was a simple fix. BCS is a popular brand in north america. It have some people down rousillac/ LA brea side where they sell the pepper sauce on the hill and thing have a Honda for sale with tiller attachment used but definitely less than 100k

snsauto
Ricer

Postby snsauto » November 20th, 2018, 12:17 am

tardissubie wrote:
snsauto wrote:I have contacted ft farfan asking for prices over and over so we can make decisions and plan but they just keep telling me to come in. I don't want to go all the way there to just get a price. At this stage we are in the land from sunrise to sunset. I genuinely don't have the time during the day. I expected in this day and age with technology they can atleast tell you the models they stock and prices so you can do some research and reviews online.
If it is a walk behind maybe you can look into bringing one in for yourself these companies ask for too much money. It should not have any issue as far as I can see it can ship via sea from the states, a Honda or BCS or something and you just pay duties and vat. Anyone know if there is special regulation to follow?

Personally used a Honda prior and was really good, only had it lock up once when it stayed tilted badly for a good while but was a simple fix. BCS is a popular brand in north america. It have some people down rousillac/ LA brea side where they sell the pepper sauce on the hill and thing have a Honda for sale with tiller attachment used but definitely less than 100k

Thank you. We have been considering importing one and still looking into it. The 100k plus quotes I have been getting are for small tractors like the kubota line. I hopefully would get a quote soon on the walk behinds. Thanks again for the response.

GRIM
Sweet on this forum

Postby GRIM » November 20th, 2018, 6:34 am

the BCS tiller is around $30k.
is the land has alot of stones u will eat thru the blades fairly quickly and it around $1000 for a full set

snsauto
Ricer

Postby snsauto » November 20th, 2018, 2:29 pm

GRIM wrote:the BCS tiller is around $30k.
is the land has alot of stones u will eat thru the blades fairly quickly and it around $1000 for a full set

Thanks for the response. Land has little to no stones so should not be an issue. Is there a dealer locally?

GRIM
Sweet on this forum

Postby GRIM » November 20th, 2018, 4:01 pm

massy agriculture in macoya

tardissubie
3NE 2NR for life

Postby tardissubie » November 20th, 2018, 8:18 pm

Considering you working small area at a time check out a good BCS if its 30k!

The place down south with the used honda tillers 648-9625. Will see if they have a next number by weekend

snsauto
Ricer

Postby snsauto » November 21st, 2018, 8:06 pm

Thanks so much guys.

d.d.s.
Sweet on this forum

Postby d.d.s. » November 21st, 2018, 8:22 pm

Guys, all the tips of my shadow beni turning brown and drying up. Any ideas or remedies?

adnj
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby adnj » November 21st, 2018, 9:55 pm

d.d.s. wrote:Guys, all the tips of my shadow beni turning brown and drying up. Any ideas or remedies?
That sounds like too much fertilizer to me.

pugboy
TunerGod

Postby pugboy » November 22nd, 2018, 6:05 am

what about chives getting white tips ?

X_Factor
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby X_Factor » November 22nd, 2018, 7:11 am

burnt tips in chive is lack of calcium
fastest delivery to them is calmax b....

pugboy
TunerGod

Postby pugboy » November 22nd, 2018, 8:04 am

Thanks

X_Factor wrote:burnt tips in chive is lack of calcium
fastest delivery to them is calmax b....

snsauto
Ricer

Postby snsauto » November 22nd, 2018, 5:53 pm

I can testify to calmax b. Had blossom end rot problem with my tomatoes and used that. All the little ones coming up after that had zero problem with beautiful produce.

snsauto
Ricer

Postby snsauto » November 22nd, 2018, 5:56 pm

Btw tuners, I want to run sprinklers on about 2 acres. I already have 1/2 pvc run straight down my land with a pump supply. I just need to tap in and put the sprinklers.

Can anyone recommend where to get them, prices and the best kinds to get?

(This section of land is lettuce, patchoi and other leafy vegetables if that's a factor).

Chimera
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Chimera » November 22nd, 2018, 6:23 pm

this sprinkler is between $900 to $1400 in ft ftfarfan

i brought down some landed and they cost like $400 each.

i haven't hooked them up yet though

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0000 ... UTF8&psc=1

adnj
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby adnj » November 22nd, 2018, 8:38 pm

If you are irrigating a large area and you are using tripod mounts for your sprinklers, you will very likely need larger than a 1/2" supply line.

1 inch main supplies with a 3/4" tap are more common at about 60 to 80 psi.

You could also add 1/8" PET tubing from the existing 1/2" supply and use drip irrigation at each plant with no sprinkler heads and low pressure from an elevated holding tank.

snsauto
Ricer

Postby snsauto » November 23rd, 2018, 8:11 am

adnj wrote:If you are irrigating a large area and you are using tripod mounts for your sprinklers, you will very likely need larger than a 1/2" supply line.

You could also add 1/8" PET tubing from the existing 1/2" supply and use drip irrigation at each plant with no sprinkler heads and low pressure from an elevated holding tank.

Thanks bro. With the 1/2 supply we were hoping that if we ran multiple valves and did section by section the pressure would suffice.

With regard to the drip system. Can you tell me where I can get the tubing and some more advice on it?

snsauto
Ricer

Postby snsauto » November 23rd, 2018, 3:43 pm

So I went today and bought some really cheap sprinklers at bissesser's in sando. Don't laugh at me but I bought a bunch of the $15 ones. Hooked up a few and they pretty much do what we have been doing with a hose .... I know it's not a proper or smart set up but we tried something.

snsauto
Ricer

Postby snsauto » November 23rd, 2018, 4:25 pm

adnj
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby adnj » November 23rd, 2018, 9:28 pm

There is a ton of info online. Try searching "cheap drip irrigation system" also.

Peake's carries drip system components but I believe that they are the Rainbird brand. You can buy polyethylene tubing and barbed fittings at most plumbing stores. It isn't difficult to make your own for not much more that the cost of the hose.
snsauto wrote:
adnj wrote:If you are irrigating a large area and you are using tripod mounts for your sprinklers, you will very likely need larger than a 1/2" supply line.

Thanks bro. With the 1/2 supply we were hoping that if we ran multiple valves and did section by section the pressure would suffice.

With regard to the drip system. Can you tell me where I can get the tubing and some more advice on it?

snsauto
Ricer

Postby snsauto » November 24th, 2018, 4:38 am

adnj wrote:There is a ton of info online. Try searching "cheap drip irrigation system" also.

Peake's carries drip system components but I believe that they are the Rainbird brand. You can buy polyethylene tubing and barbed fittings at most plumbing stores. It isn't difficult to make your own for not much more that the cost of the hose.
snsauto wrote:

Thanks. Yeah I looked it up on doing it myself but only part I was wondering was what to put at the plant end. Seems like they put some type of proprietary mister fitting.

shake d livin wake d dead
TunerGod

Postby shake d livin wake d dead » November 24th, 2018, 7:24 am

Just a headsup...when going to your nearest market...walk with two bags...one with money alone...facepalm

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”