TriniTuner.com  |  Latest Event:  

Forums

YOUR AUTOMOTIVE "DUHHH" MOMENTS lol

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

User avatar
AllTrac
TriniTuner Crew
Posts: 19985
Joined: April 17th, 2003, 11:43 pm
Location: iymc
Contact:

YOUR AUTOMOTIVE "DUHHH" MOMENTS lol

Postby AllTrac » November 30th, 2004, 2:06 pm

ok fellas doh say it never happened, no one was born Corky bell, you know you have done some dumb, "BLONDE" stuff and laffed at your self after, heres mines

when i bought my 2 i looked for a good 10 mins in the engine bay for the radiator, only to realise it was in the front of the car :lol: :lol:

there is another incident, too shame it say it :lol: all i can say is that it involves, me, an oil change and forgetting to put on a oil filter :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:


i got many more which includes me needing bandages after :lol: will post them later when i realise its not only me :lol: :lol: :lol:

hadda give allyuh de one about meh bro, dry know it :lol:

Advertisement
User avatar
pete
3NE 2NR Moderator
Posts: 9463
Joined: April 18th, 2003, 1:19 pm
Location: Cruisin around in da GTi
Contact:

Postby pete » November 30th, 2004, 2:10 pm

the water pump must be real hardcore to flow all that distance.

Recently I've been having a thing for locking my keys in the car. If ya see meh lookin for a wire hanger.. yuh know what goin on. :lol:

User avatar
neckto
I LUV THIS PLACE
Posts: 918
Joined: July 7th, 2003, 10:03 am
Location: DIY - ing
Contact:

Postby neckto » November 30th, 2004, 2:13 pm

the was this one time at band camp.........

User avatar
wagon r
3NE2NR Diesel Boyz
Posts: 8279
Joined: August 15th, 2003, 3:47 pm
Location: ......takin it easy on the road we call "Life".....

Postby wagon r » November 30th, 2004, 2:19 pm

^^ :lol: :lol: :lol:

User avatar
Spyrogyra
18 pounds of Boost
Posts: 2304
Joined: August 20th, 2003, 1:28 pm
Location: somewhere eatin cereal

Postby Spyrogyra » November 30th, 2004, 2:19 pm

I thought my first car was fuel injected.......

I thought a turbo used to pump exhaust gas back into the engine...... :oops:

User avatar
Duane 3NE 2NR
Admin
Posts: 20761
Joined: March 24th, 2003, 10:27 am
Location: T&T
Contact:

Postby Duane 3NE 2NR » November 30th, 2004, 2:21 pm

a few months after I bought the Evo the windshield washer spray stopped working

I checked the water bottle in the engine bay and topped it up and still nothing, so i thought the hose kinked somewhere cause I was hearing the wizzz of the spray pump comin on when I pull the spray lever.

Well weeks passed, my windshield stayed dirty cause i didnt want to turn on the wipers dry and i kept saying I have to remove the water bottle and follow the hose to make sure its in tact.

One day i was washing the car and the place was pretty quiet. While wiping the dashboard I pulled the lever and heard the pump wizzing but I found it sounded like it was comin from somewhere else... When i followed the sound it was comin from the trunk!!!

low and behold after investigating the water bottle for the wiper was in a compartment in the trunk

the bottle I kept filling and checking was for the intercooler spray!!!!!!!!!!
DOPE!!!!

that was a humbling moment - laughed at myself for weeks!!! :lol:

User avatar
wagon r
3NE2NR Diesel Boyz
Posts: 8279
Joined: August 15th, 2003, 3:47 pm
Location: ......takin it easy on the road we call "Life".....

Postby wagon r » November 30th, 2004, 2:25 pm

i "lost" my car after a pier 1 carnival friday fete, reported it stolen to the police and after getting a lift with a friend, realised that i parked the car further than i thought ..... :lol: :lol:

....my g/f and best friend never let me forget it and i wasn't drinking.

...my excuse is that a maxi was parked on the shoulder and blocked my view.....and i'm stickin to it... :lol: :lol:

User avatar
Duane 3NE 2NR
Admin
Posts: 20761
Joined: March 24th, 2003, 10:27 am
Location: T&T
Contact:

Postby Duane 3NE 2NR » November 30th, 2004, 2:28 pm

^^ better!!!

when i just started working I just got my first car, a PAU mazda 323

i was so accustomed not having a car back then that i went to work with the car, parked it in the office car park and after work I walked straight past the car and travelled home

when I reached home mom was like "WHERE THE CAR!!!!"

had to travel back to the office to get the car

:oops: :oops: :oops:

User avatar
Spyrogyra
18 pounds of Boost
Posts: 2304
Joined: August 20th, 2003, 1:28 pm
Location: somewhere eatin cereal

Postby Spyrogyra » November 30th, 2004, 2:36 pm

that sounds like a blond moment

User avatar
Yeo
TriniTuner 24-7
Posts: 26424
Joined: May 12th, 2003, 7:36 pm
Location: Far Rockaway, NY
Contact:

Postby Yeo » November 30th, 2004, 2:37 pm

Saturday night....tief Escort.....ran real low on gas....went Westmoorings, found a parked truck......siphoned a quarter tank......drove off....continued to lime.....car started backfiring/missing/stalling........realised what I siphoned wasn't actual gas.....it was Diesel!......up to this day 20+years l8r....de man would not lend me his car.
Last edited by Yeo on November 30th, 2004, 2:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Spyrogyra
18 pounds of Boost
Posts: 2304
Joined: August 20th, 2003, 1:28 pm
Location: somewhere eatin cereal

Postby Spyrogyra » November 30th, 2004, 2:39 pm

Yeo wrote:Saturday night....tief Escort.....ran real low on gas....went Westmoorings, found a parked truck......siphoned a quarter tank......drove off....continued to lime.....car started backfiring/missing/stalling........realised what I siphoned wasn't actual gas.....it was Diesel!......up to this day 20+years l8r....de man would not lend me his car.


you would think that at the time a 38 year old man would know the diff between gasoline and diesel... :lol:

User avatar
Yeo
TriniTuner 24-7
Posts: 26424
Joined: May 12th, 2003, 7:36 pm
Location: Far Rockaway, NY
Contact:

Postby Yeo » November 30th, 2004, 2:42 pm

Spyrogyra wrote:
Yeo wrote:Saturday night....tief Escort.....ran real low on gas....went Westmoorings, found a parked truck......siphoned a quarter tank......drove off....continued to lime.....car started backfiring/missing/stalling........realised what I siphoned wasn't actual gas.....it was Diesel!......up to this day 20+years l8r....de man would not lend me his car.


you would think that at the time a 38 year old man would know the diff between gasoline and diesel... :lol:


I was a teenager then!!

First time I ever tief anyting!

User avatar
AllTrac
TriniTuner Crew
Posts: 19985
Joined: April 17th, 2003, 11:43 pm
Location: iymc
Contact:

Postby AllTrac » November 30th, 2004, 3:02 pm

GORM!!!! HAHAHAHAHA YEO AND DUANE!! lmao! lol :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:


ok tightening de battery pole on the corolla with a extremely long 12 spanna, long enough to touch the other side........guess the result...... :shock: :shock: :shock: OWNED! :cry: :lol: :lol: :lol:

User avatar
Ignorant Ignis
punchin NOS
Posts: 4017
Joined: August 6th, 2003, 5:23 pm
Contact:

Postby Ignorant Ignis » November 30th, 2004, 3:09 pm

Duane 3NE 2NR wrote:^^ better!!!

when i just started working I just got my first car, a PAU mazda 323

i was so accustomed not having a car back then that i went to work with the car, parked it in the office car park and after work I walked straight past the car and travelled home

when I reached home mom was like "WHERE THE CAR!!!!"

had to travel back to the office to get the car

:oops: :oops: :oops:


lol ...i did this too!!!

User avatar
AllTrac
TriniTuner Crew
Posts: 19985
Joined: April 17th, 2003, 11:43 pm
Location: iymc
Contact:

Postby AllTrac » November 30th, 2004, 3:12 pm

lol anyone ever jacked a car up without cracking de wheel nut first?? :lol: :lol: :lol: :oops: :oops: :|

User avatar
Ignorant Ignis
punchin NOS
Posts: 4017
Joined: August 6th, 2003, 5:23 pm
Contact:

Postby Ignorant Ignis » November 30th, 2004, 3:13 pm

lol ...did this one recently .....was real drunk and and a padna needed a jump start ..didn't have any jumper cables so i switched the battery and started his car and in putting back my battery installed the poles the wrong way and fried my ecu!!! by the way i was in toco!!!!!! owned

User avatar
AllTrac
TriniTuner Crew
Posts: 19985
Joined: April 17th, 2003, 11:43 pm
Location: iymc
Contact:

Postby AllTrac » November 30th, 2004, 3:18 pm

silverlancer4472 wrote:lol ...did this one recently .....was real drunk and and a padna needed a jump start ..didn't have any jumper cables so i switched the battery and started his car and in putting back my battery installed the poles the wrong way and fried my ecu!!! by the way i was in toco!!!!!! owned



roflmao!
Image

WIN!!!!!!

User avatar
Strauss
Shifting into 6th
Posts: 1951
Joined: August 9th, 2003, 9:12 pm
Location: iCloud
Contact:

Postby Strauss » November 30th, 2004, 3:23 pm

Duane 3NE 2NR wrote:^^ better!!!

when i just started working I just got my first car, a PAU mazda 323

i was so accustomed not having a car back then that i went to work with the car, parked it in the office car park and after work I walked straight past the car and travelled home

when I reached home mom was like "WHERE THE CAR!!!!"

had to travel back to the office to get the car

:oops: :oops: :oops:



NOOOOOOOOOO !!!! STOP ! STOP !!! hahahahahha
meh belly hurting... !!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

User avatar
Ignorant Ignis
punchin NOS
Posts: 4017
Joined: August 6th, 2003, 5:23 pm
Contact:

Postby Ignorant Ignis » November 30th, 2004, 3:24 pm

^^^^^thank you.... thank you very much .....i would like to thank the academy :fist:

come let we here the rest of allyuh :mrgreen:

User avatar
cheese pie
punchin NOS
Posts: 2895
Joined: February 23rd, 2004, 8:28 pm
Location: Trinidad
Contact:

Postby cheese pie » November 30th, 2004, 3:36 pm

hummmmmmmmmm

back lights was not working so i removed the lower dash , removed the brake light switch and check it with ah mulit meter , and for all that knows me reamber i not ah small elf eah ,and meh car not large either , so after about 30 back breaking mins i gave up and soem thing told me check the bulbes , u know both brake light bulbs blew :oops:

User avatar
dry
Admin
Posts: 2194
Joined: March 21st, 2003, 7:01 pm
Contact:

Postby dry » November 30th, 2004, 3:45 pm

:rofl:@trac brother making grill soup.

User avatar
MadCrix
3NE 2NR Moderator
Posts: 3517
Joined: March 22nd, 2004, 2:46 pm
Location: Where your ride simply cannot go
Contact:

Postby MadCrix » November 30th, 2004, 4:00 pm

pete i have one better for u. i locked the keys in teh car and me my dad and a friend tried for 45 mins to get in, until my mom came home and saw us trying to get the door open.

she den looked to ask us, why we trying the drivers door when the passenger glass down :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:

boy after all teh sweating and scrape we do to dat mazda we was feeling like real backsides lol

User avatar
pete
3NE 2NR Moderator
Posts: 9463
Joined: April 18th, 2003, 1:19 pm
Location: Cruisin around in da GTi
Contact:

Postby pete » November 30th, 2004, 4:07 pm

:shock: :shock: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

NO WAY BWOY RYAN!

hahahahhaha

lol.. the first thing I always do is walk around the car hopin that some door or window gonna be open

(Happened to me real plenty wid de baleno. One ting fuh sure.. if it wasn't fuh dat multilock and the fact nobody wants it, that car woulda been gone LONG time)

User avatar
AllTrac
TriniTuner Crew
Posts: 19985
Joined: April 17th, 2003, 11:43 pm
Location: iymc
Contact:

Postby AllTrac » November 30th, 2004, 4:15 pm

MadCrix wrote:pete i have one better for u. i locked the keys in teh car and me my dad and a friend tried for 45 mins to get in, until my mom came home and saw us trying to get the door open.

she den looked to ask us, why we trying the drivers door when the passenger glass down :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:

boy after all teh sweating and scrape we do to dat mazda we was feeling like real backsides lol


roflmao! hahahahaha NAH BOY RYAN! lol :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

User avatar
wagon r
3NE2NR Diesel Boyz
Posts: 8279
Joined: August 15th, 2003, 3:47 pm
Location: ......takin it easy on the road we call "Life".....

Postby wagon r » November 30th, 2004, 4:35 pm

^^dat one take win.....hahahahahahha... :lol: :lol: :lol: ....oh meh belly...


....sad to say but dat nearly happen to me.....except that i left the glass down and thought it was up. rain fell throughout the night and well......

User avatar
Strauss
Shifting into 6th
Posts: 1951
Joined: August 9th, 2003, 9:12 pm
Location: iCloud
Contact:

Postby Strauss » November 30th, 2004, 4:48 pm

aye i come out de mall and try to get in meh car and like cant.
The alarm chirpin, but the door not opening. Even meh keys wont werk.

So I stand up next to the car and cuss to myself...... that when the REAL owner come and open de door and drive off. As he move, I saw the tail end of my car behind a bread van. :?

User avatar
Spyrogyra
18 pounds of Boost
Posts: 2304
Joined: August 20th, 2003, 1:28 pm
Location: somewhere eatin cereal

Postby Spyrogyra » November 30th, 2004, 4:58 pm

Yeo wrote:
Spyrogyra wrote:
Yeo wrote:Saturday night....tief Escort.....ran real low on gas....went Westmoorings, found a parked truck......siphoned a quarter tank......drove off....continued to lime.....car started backfiring/missing/stalling........realised what I siphoned wasn't actual gas.....it was Diesel!......up to this day 20+years l8r....de man would not lend me his car.


you would think that at the time a 38 year old man would know the diff between gasoline and diesel... :lol:


I was a teenager then!!

First time I ever tief anyting!


I thought you were 38 back then (j.k)

User avatar
Yeo
TriniTuner 24-7
Posts: 26424
Joined: May 12th, 2003, 7:36 pm
Location: Far Rockaway, NY
Contact:

Postby Yeo » November 30th, 2004, 5:02 pm

steupsss

User avatar
X2
TriniTuner 24-7
Posts: 8649
Joined: April 18th, 2003, 1:54 pm
Location: 3 stories above the Batcave...

Postby X2 » November 30th, 2004, 5:13 pm

My first 'automotive repair' experience when I was 17....

Mom asks me to fill the brake fluid

I say, "SURE... No problem !!"

I pour brake fluid in the Power Steering resevouir.

Power Steering system fails within a day.....

DOH....

I don't touch another engine until I'm 21....

User avatar
cornfused
18 pounds of Boost
Posts: 2324
Joined: May 1st, 2003, 9:09 am
Location: utilizing FIFA rules in small goal

Postby cornfused » November 30th, 2004, 5:16 pm

Duane 3NE 2NR wrote:^^ better!!!

when i just started working I just got my first car, a PAU mazda 323

i was so accustomed not having a car back then that i went to work with the car, parked it in the office car park and after work I walked straight past the car and travelled home

when I reached home mom was like "WHERE THE CAR!!!!"

had to travel back to the office to get the car

:oops: :oops: :oops:



duane i think this one win so far lol :lol: :lol: :lol:

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 83 guests

cron