"State of Emergency" Thread

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

Greypatch
3NE 2NR Moderator

Re: T&T put in Limited State of Emergency

Postby Greypatch » August 25th, 2011, 9:43 am

So from a ................

Limited State of emergency to a full one.

Curfew in hot spots to everywhere...

looks like the pm...ag...cop...and sandy...ARE ALL LOOKING FOR THEIR ARSE HOLE BY THEIR ELBOW

AbstractPoetic
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby AbstractPoetic » August 25th, 2011, 9:44 am

[X]~Outlaw wrote:Duane you really have patience!!

Under the SOE Our military takes their directives from our elected CIVILIAN government.
Under Martial Law, the Military would have installed itself as the government and take their directives from military leaders.

We are not under martial law.

And you have even more patience.

Thanks for contributing.

AbstractPoetic
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby AbstractPoetic » August 25th, 2011, 9:45 am

Greypatch wrote:So from a ................

Limited State of emergency to a full one.

Curfew in hot spots to everywhere...

looks like the pm...ag...cop...and sandy...ARE ALL LOOKING FOR THEIR ARSE HOLE BY THEIR ELBOW

Foot in mouth syndrome.

Dizzy28
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Dizzy28 » August 25th, 2011, 9:48 am

AbstractPoetic wrote:
Duane 3NE 2NR wrote:YES our constitutional rights have been curtailed by the SOE, but we are NOT under martial law!!!
Is it really that difficult to understand?

Not me and you today, nah.

So if your constitutional rights have been curtailed what's the new order of the day?

I have already stated there is some aspects of martial law in effect, what I earlier coined as quasi-martial law. YES, in the strictest sense, martial law exists only when the military takes over total law enforcement of the country. That's the pure definition.

However, in T&T, the military, police & other government protective services are working together. The military hasn't superseded the authority of the other arms of the protective services. Therefore, T&T is under a type of quasi- Martial Law but your constitutional rights have been placed on hold, most definitely.

Vinegar in freedom tastes better than honey in slavery.

I would rather have some constitutional rights placed temporarily on hold if it means a permanent solution to the bondage we are placed under by criminals and the lawless in society. Nothing good ever comes without sacrifice.

AbstractPoetic
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby AbstractPoetic » August 25th, 2011, 9:55 am

Dizzy28 wrote:Vinegar in freedom tastes better than honey in slavery.

I would rather have some constitutional rights placed temporarily on hold if it means a permanent solution to the bondage we are placed under by criminals and the lawless in society. Nothing good ever comes without sacrifice.

Assuming this solely has to do with a war on crime, you should be more concerned that you have a government that cannot control its crime rates without encroaching on your civil liberties.

Dizzy28
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Dizzy28 » August 25th, 2011, 10:02 am

AbstractPoetic wrote:
Dizzy28 wrote:Vinegar in freedom tastes better than honey in slavery.

Assuming this solely has to do with a war on crime, you should be more concerned that you have a government that cannot control its crime rates without encroaching on your civil liberties.

A minor inconvenience in the grander scheme of things.

Aaron 2NR
2NR phototakerouter

Postby Aaron 2NR » August 25th, 2011, 10:04 am

It's so easy for someone who live thousands of miles away

RBphoto
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby RBphoto » August 25th, 2011, 10:08 am

With all the beat up about crime, I still think this is all to do with curtailing the unions promise of anarchy. Seems nobody wants to discuss this?

mars
3NE 2NR for life

Postby mars » August 25th, 2011, 10:10 am

bluefete wrote:
You yourself know that those many of those boys on the block are simply agents for the big fish. They cannot even begin to finance $1 million in imported cocaine.

True to some extent, but don't be fooled: some of those same "sufferers" on the block ARE the big fish. I know of one "community leader" (and URP kingpin), who when he was gunned down at age 27 left about $20 MILLION in cash along with 7 houses and numerous cars. Also, there are guys pulling down 6 figures a month from DVD "vending". Guess what they're doing with all that money? De "small man" my a@#!!!!!

Habit7
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Habit7 » August 25th, 2011, 10:24 am

Country_Bookie wrote:The Express seems to be dedicated to creating bachannal and controversy at every opportunity. Remember the property tax is back story from 2 weeks ago that turned out to be a lie? Whatever it takes to sell papers eh. Maybe they should have handed the order that was signed by the Acting Commish, to clear up his misconception, as it clearly states the areas under curfew.

Express not sensationalising anything they have direct quotes from the man, not only did he saying curfew everywhere, he refute anything otherwise.
If not it, it is $100,000 misspeak

smell
3NE 2NR for life

Postby smell » August 25th, 2011, 10:36 am

crossdrilled wrote:With all the beat up about crime, I still think this is all to do with curtailing the unions promise of anarchy. Seems nobody wants to discuss this?

I'm sure this was considered, but would have been a small determining factor...
Like you forget when they made the call to the P.S. for a day of rest and reflection a couple of weeks ago, what was the out come?!....I'm sure the PP had a field day.
IMHO Even if the unions did decide on their nation wide "blackout" it would have been the minority that supported

Bezman
Trying to catch PATCH AND VEGA

Postby Bezman » August 25th, 2011, 10:40 am

short of doing exactly what they are doing now, what else would they have done? you have heard from soldiers themselves state that the raids etc couldnt have been done without the aid of the army

you couldnt make all those arrests and raid all those houses etc without warrants.

you couldnt ensure that all these gang members etc will be home without a curfew (even if they are not home they hiding somewhere indoors and not galavanting the street committing crime)

i realizing the ppl complaining either living away and have no real idea how 90% of the ppl you talk to support the LSOE or they are anti PP/UNC etc and just complaining for complaining sake..

NONE of allya would be complaining if they did nothing and Monday morning we all awoke to town being looted and people being kill in the street becuase some riot/strike got out of control because nelson street and lavantille/betham youths see it as a escuse to loot etc (watching riots in london/syria/lybia)

this has more to do with stopping social unrest and using the power given by LSOE (or full SOE) to try to clean up certain areas with one swoop..

If the polls were saying different i would say you are right, but with the majority of ppl in support, maybe you should start thinking about why the people are ready for this and want it.. if they didnt the entire country would eb getting on like those warahoons on nelson street..

Bezman

Postby Bezman » August 25th, 2011, 10:44 am

mars wrote:
bluefete wrote:
You yourself know that those many of those boys on the block are simply agents for the big fish. They cannot even begin to finance $1 million in imported cocaine.

True to some extent, but don't be fooled: some of those same "sufferers" on the block ARE the big fish. I know of one "community leader" (and URP kingpin), who when he was gunned down at age 27 left about $20 MILLION in cash along with 7 houses and numerous cars. Also, there are guys pulling down 6 figures a month from DVD "vending". Guess what they're doing with all that money? De "small man" my a@#!!!!!

THIS!!
thank YOU!!

dougla_boy
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby dougla_boy » August 25th, 2011, 10:46 am

i think to call an SOE to fight crime is a waste of power....what is the purpose of putting the gang laws? this just sets a precedent for upcoming gov'ts to call a SOE for a pack of SΉΙΤ.....

Country_Bookie
punchin NOS

Postby Country_Bookie » August 25th, 2011, 10:48 am

Habit7 wrote:
Country_Bookie wrote:The Express seems to be dedicated to creating bachannal and controversy at every opportunity. Remember the property tax is back story from 2 weeks ago that turned out to be a lie? Whatever it takes to sell papers eh. Maybe they should have handed the order that was signed by the Acting Commish, to clear up his misconception, as it clearly states the areas under curfew.

Express not sensationalising anything they have direct quotes from the man, not only did he saying curfew everywhere, he refute anything otherwise.
If not it, it is $100,000 misspeak

Based on everything that’s been said by the President, PM, AG, Minister of Nat’l Security, Brigadier of the Army & other gov’t ministers, it’s clear that he misspoke. They’ll likely clear the air at the press conference at noon. This headline gonna cause confusion and panic among the ppl in the non curfew areas, and yes, it is Gibbs’ fault, but the Express could have been more responsible in choosing their headline.

cinco
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby cinco » August 25th, 2011, 10:50 am

dougla_boy wrote:i think to call an SOE to fight crime is a waste of power....what is the purpose of putting the gang laws? this just sets a precedent for upcoming gov'ts to call a SOE for a pack of SΉΙΤ.....

you prefer calling a SoE to get rid of the speaker of the house?

7day memory FTL

dougla_boy
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby dougla_boy » August 25th, 2011, 10:54 am

cinco wrote:
dougla_boy wrote:i think to call an SOE to fight crime is a waste of power....what is the purpose of putting the gang laws? this just sets a precedent for upcoming gov'ts to call a SOE for a pack of SΉΙΤ.....

7day memory FTL

i wasnt around for that time....cant really say much about that....

Aaron 2NR
2NR phototakerouter

Postby Aaron 2NR » August 25th, 2011, 11:00 am

^ that was a few years ago man.....not that long

janfar
punchin NOS

Postby janfar » August 25th, 2011, 11:04 am

I support this endeavour, as long as it takes the scum off the streets... ALL OF IT...

My problem is, or should i say would be is this... in 15days or how many ever days this thing is done, we will hear on the papers and the news that 200+ guntas from Beetham/ Laventille apprehended. 50-60 guns of different makes and calibres removed and oheeoho amounts of rounds of ammunition taken off the streets... Kamla and Sandy would come on and commend our armed forces for such a good job (and rightfully so) and all this would be great and I would have a beer in honor of this... but I wont break out the champagne.

My problem is this... in 15 days we would not hear of any MAJOR drugs bust, no top cartels would be brought down, the main gun runners would not be apprehended, Ish and company would still be in their house puffing Magnum 50's, Junior Karamath would be liming somewhere on an island, 90% of the apprehended guntas would be let off because of missing/ tampered evidence or no evidence at all and within 2 months it would all be back to normal...

So it has been and so it will always be...

Habit7
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Habit7 » August 25th, 2011, 11:08 am

Bezman wrote:short of doing exactly what they are doing now, what else would they have done? you have heard from soldiers themselves state that the raids etc couldnt have been done without the aid of the army

you couldnt make all those arrests and raid all those houses etc without warrants.

you couldnt ensure that all these gang members etc will be home without a curfew (even if they are not home they hiding somewhere indoors and not galavanting the street committing crime)

i realizing the ppl complaining either living away and have no real idea how 90% of the ppl you talk to support the LSOE or they are anti PP/UNC etc and just complaining for complaining sake..

NONE of allya would be complaining if they did nothing and Monday morning we all awoke to town being looted and people being kill in the street becuase some riot/strike got out of control because nelson street and lavantille/betham youths see it as a escuse to loot etc (watching riots in london/syria/lybia)

this has more to do with stopping social unrest and using the power given by LSOE (or full SOE) to try to clean up certain areas with one swoop..

If the polls were saying different i would say you are right, but with the majority of ppl in support, maybe you should start thinking about why the people are ready for this and want it.. if they didnt the entire country would eb getting on like those warahoons on nelson street..

Many trinis support the SOE, what we dont like is how they are going about it, even the opposition initially supported it but comdemned the detention of gang members which could have been done outside of the SOE and the lack of gun and drug finds because of ample time to stash them.

Smokey
Street 2NR

Postby Smokey » August 25th, 2011, 11:13 am

Lets look at the facts here...correct me if I'm wrong with any of them

Union unrest and threats of National Shutdown.Analysis - Nothing new, unions have been acting up for months, the general apathy of Trinis would suggest only have would adhere to a National Shutdown.Level of Concern to the Gov = 6/10

Kamala allegeldy gets Dengue and is away for the public eye for the entire week....hmm

PSA memebers overthrow Duke....low level jamaat thugs/members appear out of no where.Level of Concern to the Gov = 7.5/10

20M drug bust on Wednesday 27th Aug.Level of Concern to the Gov = 3/10...this has become routine and 20m is small money

11 Murders in 3 to 4 days preceding drug bust. Level of Concern to the Gov = 5/10 Only because it looks bad politically, when in truth, the gov and general populace could care less about gang killings now

Commissionaire of Police allowed to leave the country to Brazil (and got blanked,lol)

Roodal Monilal indicates there will be no state of emergency on Friday 19th Aug. Not sure what prompted talks of the SoE, but it seems it was deliberately brought up

Limited State of Emergency called on Sunday Night by PM.

After much foot in mouth and contradictory statements, it appears it is essential a full SoE with a nationwide curfew

AG hints that it was called to prevent a certain event and loss of innocent life (gang killings do not constitute loss of innocent life IMO)

I can safely assume the SoE was a Panic response due to some impending threat (duh). It is obvious that it was not well planned at all and caught everyone including the majority of government ministers, National Security Executive etc off guard.

So there you have it........conclude what you will....I strongly dislike the governance of this government thus far and strongly dislike Annand Ramlogan.

However, if the SoE was called to prevent something far worse, then it is a necessary evil to prevent (or at least slow down) the downward spiral this country has found it self in.

5onDfloor
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby 5onDfloor » August 25th, 2011, 11:23 am

^^^^TADAAAAA!!!!!!!

Bezman

Postby Bezman » August 25th, 2011, 11:31 am

Habit7 wrote:
Bezman wrote:short of doing exactly what they are doing now, what else would they have done? you have heard from soldiers themselves state that the raids etc couldnt have been done without the aid of the army

Many trinis support the SOE, what we dont like is how they are going about it, even the opposition initially supported it but comdemned the detention of gang members which could have been done outside of the SOE and the lack of gun and drug finds because of ample time to stash them.

I have said it and the PM said it last night on the news..

you can not do what they doing now, with the Gang Legislation alone.. punto finale!
they couldnt lock down entire areas and search and arrest without warrants and hold without bail

99% of the gang members/leaders they hold outside of the LSOE get out of jail the same day on bail, most NEVER to return to court again and commit crimes immediately upon release.

seizing hundreds of guns and thousands of rounds of ammunition in my humble view is HUGE accomplishment, as these guns once off the street, save lives.

16 cycles
3ne2nr Toppa Toppa

Postby 16 cycles » August 25th, 2011, 11:33 am

thing rel simple...

- there is an SOE
- there is a curfew

if it is not clear whether its a limited SOE or full SOE and the areas the curfew are enforced....make sure you home and indoors from 2100 to 0500 till there is an official decree that LSOE/SOE and curfew are over....

cinco
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby cinco » August 25th, 2011, 11:39 am

dougla_boy wrote:
cinco wrote:

7day memory FTL

u werent around in 92???
go n pee and go in yuh bed yes

dougla_boy
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby dougla_boy » August 25th, 2011, 11:47 am

cinco wrote:
dougla_boy wrote:
cinco wrote:

7day memory FTL

u werent around in 92???
go n pee and go in yuh bed yes

i was 4yrs old at the time..... :|

smell
3NE 2NR for life

Postby smell » August 25th, 2011, 11:49 am

Men only talking bout getting the root cause and getting the "big fish" and i totally agree, but how do you expect the police to kno who is the big fish?!

Obviously the have to start with the illiterate young boys who they can bamboozle or give false promises in return for if they talk to get intellengece to keep on moving up the chain bit by bit until maybe, just maybe they get to the kingpin.

Its a strategy thats been around for ages and is not something that will yield results overnight, but i am almost certain these fellas will begin to squeal IF the interrogators play their cards properly as it would be a mass of info acquired across a common group,.. something that would have been impossible without the SOE

The same way police know which guntas to rounds up is the same way they might have an idea of who the bosses are but they will need more than a little 20 piece or 2 ball as evidence to sink these fellas, and now also comes into play other big business men,corrupt lawmen, politicians and all who know who.

So i just waiting to see what comes out of this SOE,...not just for the initial 15 days or what ever but futher down the road

S_2NR
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby S_2NR » August 25th, 2011, 11:51 am

smell wrote:Men only talking bout getting the root cause and getting the "big fish" and i totally agree, but how do you expect the police to kno who is the big fish?!

stopped reading here

Bezman

Postby Bezman » August 25th, 2011, 11:58 am

the reality is

the big fish of the 80's are NOT the big fish now

the stereotypes that small minded trini's pass down from generation to generation as "facts" can't be further from the truth ;)

even if the "big fish" was exposed, it wouldnt satisfy the populations stereotypical idea of trinidad drug lord cause he not from the west or imports cloth :roll:

AbstractPoetic
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby AbstractPoetic » August 25th, 2011, 12:03 pm

It will be a cold day in hell before any big fishies are arrested, charged, convicted and sentenced in sweet TNT.

Allyuh wasting yuh time. Just make sure yuh tail inside early o'clock. Welcome to the People's Rebublic of China...Trini style.

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”