Forums

TRINIDAD AND TOBAGO FOLKLORE CHARACTERS AND TALES

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

Chimera
TriniTuner 24-7

Re: TRINIDAD AND TOBAGO FOLKLORE CHARACTERS AND TALES

Postby Chimera » October 4th, 2011, 7:19 pm

When I use to travel home, I use to have to cross the highway from chase village to carslen field (or use the "newly" built walkover by seereeram brothers.

anyway..before the walkover...sometime in feburary, I started seeing this young boy of probably 9-10 years talking to this vagrant looking older man on the chase village side of the highway and then the old man would help the boy across the highway, most of the time the boy would hold his hand when crossing the highway, (for safety i assume)
several times I saw the boy giving the "vagrant" food from his lunchbox (which I assume was lunch the boy's parents packed for him)

so I see the boy and the "vagrant" atleast twice a week from february to april

Now there's a shop after you cross the highway before I reach home, which I use to go in everyday to buy snacks/phonecard/water/coke, many times the boy would be right behind me walking up the road after crossing the highway and by the time I walk in the shop..he disappear, so i assume his house somewhere around

One day I spoke to the kid, telling him he should be careful, and I asked him what the vagrant does talk to him everyday for, he said it's his father, and that his parents divorced and he lives with his mother but everyday he saves his lunch for his father who got involved in drugs and is now a vagrant.

about 2 weeks after that, i ask the owner of the shop that I go in everyday, if he knows the boy, he ask me to describe the boy, so i tell him how I use to see the boy almost everyday talking to the vagrant and giving him food, and i described the boy and the vagrant....

shop owner tell me that he know who i talking about but that they had both gotten knocked down and kill on the highway the december before.

that's the december before I start seeing them eh.

shogun
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby shogun » October 4th, 2011, 7:42 pm

there's a lady, (retired nurse) living near a friend's house and every day, she throws salt all around her house and on the doorway, before she goes back inside...not sure of the significance of this though...anyone?

Chimera
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Chimera » October 4th, 2011, 7:58 pm

salt is suppose to keep most evil spirits out

Mercenary
Riding on 18's

Postby Mercenary » October 4th, 2011, 8:08 pm

ABA Trading LTD....You still see the old man and the boy there? wtf this is serious!

Chimera
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Chimera » October 4th, 2011, 8:15 pm

I eh walk there in a while..as I said it's when i use to travel.

ilove3
Chronic TriniTuner

Postby ilove3 » October 5th, 2011, 11:02 am

NAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!! Yuh LIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! NAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!! And you say my report was creepy?? tell mih dis is ah made up story!!

ABA Trading LTD wrote:When I use to travel home, I use to have to cross the highway from chase village to carslen field (or use the "newly" built walkover by seereeram brothers.

anyway..before the walkover...sometime in feburary, I started seeing this young boy of probably 9-10 years talking to this vagrant looking older man on the chase village side of the highway and then the old man would help the boy across the highway, most of the time the boy would hold his hand when crossing the highway, (for safety i assume)
several times I saw the boy giving the "vagrant" food from his lunchbox (which I assume was lunch the boy's parents packed for him)

so I see the boy and the "vagrant" atleast twice a week from february to april

Now there's a shop after you cross the highway before I reach home, which I use to go in everyday to buy snacks/phonecard/water/coke, many times the boy would be right behind me walking up the road after crossing the highway and by the time I walk in the shop..he disappear, so i assume his house somewhere around

One day I spoke to the kid, telling him he should be careful, and I asked him what the vagrant does talk to him everyday for, he said it's his father, and that his parents divorced and he lives with his mother but everyday he saves his lunch for his father who got involved in drugs and is now a vagrant.

about 2 weeks after that, i ask the owner of the shop that I go in everyday, if he knows the boy, he ask me to describe the boy, so i tell him how I use to see the boy almost everyday talking to the vagrant and giving him food, and i described the boy and the vagrant....

shop owner tell me that he know who i talking about but that they had both gotten knocked down and kill on the highway the december before.

that's the december before I start seeing them eh.

shotta 20
punchin NOS

Postby shotta 20 » October 5th, 2011, 12:18 pm

qwerty wrote::shock: interesting topic...
i remembered several years ago , i went to a wake in St Helena and was driving home alone passing through the whole south bank road (Kelly Vlg etc). i remembered that on approaching the Caroni Cremation site about 100m or so, some of the street lamps along that strip were out..,,
anyways, i was driving about 40mph or so when from a distance, i saw a white glare at the right side of the road..
on approaching about 30m before the actual cremation grounds, i distinguished that it was in fact a woman of east indian decent, probably no more that 35yrs, clad in a white dress flagging me down.

my body got the immediate jitters and fright stepped in...because it was horribly dark and there was no nearby housing along that strip of road...,anyway as i passed the said "woman," i
looked in the right wing view mirror and saw no one.
i looked in the left wing view mirror to see if she had crossed the road and again i saw no one, then i looked in the inside rear view mirror and saw her in the fcuking back seat..
i almost sh!t my pants..., :shock:
(doh worry didn't drink in d wake)
i just chant my prayers aloud (being afraid to look again in the rear mirror..,but i did) and d jumbie was gone.

i never forget that jumbific experience :shock: :shock:

Hear nah, the following happened to me a night about (3 1/2) yrs ago.

My girlfriend and i went out a Saturday night liming, i dropped her home around 2am (Pasea). I live in Chagaunas, so i decided to take the shorter route passing the cremation site. I was driving around 100 km/hr, windows down. No streetlights were installed on that roadway as yet, place black as black can be, except where my headlights were focused.
As soon as i reached directly infront the Cremation site, i smelled a real high perfume. (I immediately remembered my grandparents telling us stories of ghosts smelling sweet like perfume.) Anyhow,in a split second after i smelled the perfume, my car cut off.
No lights, no ignition, no nothing. I clicking my keys like a mad man scared to death but nothing on my instrument panel. Place black, couldn't even see my hand in front me and the grass about 10' tall on both sides of the road.
I made up my mind to run to the highway, and trust me, the way i was feeling, Usain Bolt would have looked like a turtle.
As soon as i clicked my door open, my phone rang, it was my girlfriend calling to see how far i reached. I answered, telling her what was going on while still turning the keys in the ignition. Suddenly, she says 'Boy, start yuh 'forkin' car an go up the 'forking' road and stop playing d arse!'. As soon as she cursed, the ignition lights came on and i started the car.
I sped out of there and reached home safely. Next day, i washed my car with lime and light all kinda incence in it.
Car never gave no trouble after that. Took the car by an electrician also to find out what happened, but no problem was found.

Anyways, when i pass there now, my glass is up, or if it's down i either light a cig or cuss if i 'feel' or smell anything like perfume.

The above story is 100% true.

Chimera
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Chimera » October 5th, 2011, 12:21 pm

yup..cussing and smoking does scare away the jumbie them

demented
Riding on 17's

Postby demented » October 5th, 2011, 1:06 pm

Interesting stories here. I have had the feeling of something on my bed, pushing me to one side while sleeping. When I opened my eyes, I saw nothing. Haven't happened in a long time though.

Trini Hookah
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Trini Hookah » October 5th, 2011, 1:51 pm

shotta yuh gf tell yuh UDFR? :lol: :lol:

shotta 20
punchin NOS

Postby shotta 20 » October 5th, 2011, 2:09 pm

vrampersad14 wrote:shotta yuh gf tell yuh UDFR? :lol: :lol:

Yeh, but that's one time i didn't mind.. :D

ilove3
Chronic TriniTuner

Postby ilove3 » October 5th, 2011, 2:11 pm

And wah yuh use to wash out de sheit cuz I sure yuh sheit yuhself... I know I just might have, if it was me..

shotta 20 wrote:
qwerty wrote::shock: interesting topic...
i remembered several years ago , i went to a wake in St Helena and was driving home alone passing through the whole south bank road (Kelly Vlg etc). i remembered that on approaching the Caroni Cremation site about 100m or so, some of the street lamps along that strip were out..,,
anyways, i was driving about 40mph or so when from a distance, i saw a white glare at the right side of the road..
on approaching about 30m before the actual cremation grounds, i distinguished that it was in fact a woman of east indian decent, probably no more that 35yrs, clad in a white dress flagging me down.

my body got the immediate jitters and fright stepped in...because it was horribly dark and there was no nearby housing along that strip of road...,anyway as i passed the said "woman," i
looked in the right wing view mirror and saw no one.
i looked in the left wing view mirror to see if she had crossed the road and again i saw no one, then i looked in the inside rear view mirror and saw her in the fcuking back seat..
i almost sh!t my pants..., :shock:
(doh worry didn't drink in d wake)
i just chant my prayers aloud (being afraid to look again in the rear mirror..,but i did) and d jumbie was gone.

i never forget that jumbific experience :shock: :shock:

Hear nah, the following happened to me a night about (3 1/2) yrs ago.

My girlfriend and i went out a Saturday night liming, i dropped her home around 2am (Pasea). I live in Chagaunas, so i decided to take the shorter route passing the cremation site. I was driving around 100 km/hr, windows down. No streetlights were installed on that roadway as yet, place black as black can be, except where my headlights were focused.
As soon as i reached directly infront the Cremation site, i smelled a real high perfume. (I immediately remembered my grandparents telling us stories of ghosts smelling sweet like perfume.) Anyhow,in a split second after i smelled the perfume, my car cut off.
No lights, no ignition, no nothing. I clicking my keys like a mad man scared to death but nothing on my instrument panel. Place black, couldn't even see my hand in front me and the grass about 10' tall on both sides of the road.
I made up my mind to run to the highway, and trust me, the way i was feeling, Usain Bolt would have looked like a turtle.
As soon as i clicked my door open, my phone rang, it was my girlfriend calling to see how far i reached. I answered, telling her what was going on while still turning the keys in the ignition. Suddenly, she says 'Boy, start yuh 'forkin' car an go up the 'forking' road and stop playing d arse!'. As soon as she cursed, the ignition lights came on and i started the car.
I sped out of there and reached home safely. Next day, i washed my car with lime and light all kinda incence in it.
Car never gave no trouble after that. Took the car by an electrician also to find out what happened, but no problem was found.

Anyways, when i pass there now, my glass is up, or if it's down i either light a cig or cuss if i 'feel' or smell anything like perfume.

The above story is 100% true.

Bizzare
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Bizzare » October 5th, 2011, 2:18 pm

shogun wrote:there's a lady, (retired nurse) living near a friend's house and every day, she throws salt all around her house and on the doorway, before she goes back inside...not sure of the significance of this though...anyone?

I had an gf when I was going to school who mother insisted that I walked in the house backwards when I go by her. I use to buss ah stupess and she jus use to laugh. We were cool nah. There's another story to that girl to long to write and not as interesting as these stories here.

ilove3
Chronic TriniTuner

Postby ilove3 » October 5th, 2011, 2:22 pm

share ting na man

Bizzare
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Bizzare » October 5th, 2011, 2:34 pm

Think I wrote about it in another thread somewhere will try searching if the thread is not deleted. But these stories here is creepy. :skurry:

I think I have found a natural explanation to the few "supernatural" events that occurred in my life. Up till yesterday, something hold me down on my bed and I couldn't speak, but I understand thats sleep paralysis, like you half asleep, half awake. When I was younger and that happened, I wouldn't sleep for the rest of the night. But with understanding, there's no fear about it again. Kinda where all these old tales derived from. People with no understanding. :lol:

I don't doubt the supernatural realm though, cuz one or two are still unexplained and one of my ex made me really believe that this stuff exists. I think her family were either Christian/Hindu, but she has lots of stories and I know she's not a person to make up all that stuff. Plus both her and her brother had signs to show and prove to me certain stuff when I laughed about it, and I even walked in on her mother in what seemed to be spiritual stuff I guess, so yea.

ilove3
Chronic TriniTuner

Postby ilove3 » October 7th, 2011, 10:49 am

Anything new?

shotta 20
punchin NOS

Postby shotta 20 » October 7th, 2011, 12:15 pm

I grew up in Williamsville (South Tdad), in a wooden upstairs house.
There was a canefield (About 500' long) in the back of our house, then a river ,then a hill where a church and a cemetery was located.

On any given evening around 6pm, once nobody was upstairs, we would hear footsteps on the wooden flooring. It sounded plain as if someone was walking up and down the 'hall'.
*Remember nobody upstairs at that time eh.

We would also hear the pots and pans falling down from the kitchen, but when we check after, everything was packed just as before.

Also, when we go to put on light upstairs @ 6pm, all the hair on your hands used to stand up.

Might be creepy , but 100% true.

Dizzy28
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Dizzy28 » October 7th, 2011, 12:59 pm

shotta 20 wrote:I grew up in Williamsville (South Tdad), in a wooden upstairs house.
There was a canefield (About 500' long) in the back of our house, then a river ,then a hill where a church and a cemetery was located.

On any given evening around 6pm, once nobody was upstairs, we would hear footsteps on the wooden flooring. It sounded plain as if someone was walking up and down the 'hall'.

We would also hear the pots and pans falling down from the kitchen, but when we check after, everything was packed just as before.

Also, when we go to put on light upstairs @ 6pm, all the hair on your hands used to stand up.

Sounds like there was open wiring. Thats dangerous. Better get an electrician to check it out.

nervewrecker
3NE 2NR Power Seller

Postby nervewrecker » October 7th, 2011, 1:12 pm

shotta 20 wrote:I grew up in Williamsville (South Tdad), in a wooden upstairs house.

cats in the wears drainer & static from the galvanise.

shotta 20
punchin NOS

Postby shotta 20 » October 7th, 2011, 1:21 pm

Dizzy28 wrote:

Sounds like there was open wiring. Thats dangerous. Better get an electrician to check it out.

Hoss, that was a little over 20 years ago......and i meant that your hair raising as soon as you enter the house...not when you touch the switch :D

Trini Hookah
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Trini Hookah » October 7th, 2011, 1:23 pm

Wood flooring expands and contracts at night, I used to get freaked out by our laminate floors in my house till I realised what it was.

shotta 20
punchin NOS

Postby shotta 20 » October 7th, 2011, 2:09 pm

vrampersad14 wrote:

Wood flooring expands and contracts at night, I used to get freaked out by our laminate floors in my house till I realised what it was.

Rampy, i know what it sounded like and NO, it wasn't expanding/contracting wood. You were literally hearing footsteps.

COROLLA KID
Riding on 16's

Postby COROLLA KID » October 7th, 2011, 2:25 pm

at night after 1am strange stuff use to happen in our house, it first started off with the lights cutting off, then coming back on by itself, that happened for weeks, then we started hearing noises like foot steps running in the house, this one time we found foot prints but the strange part was it wasn't human, it looked like hoofs, then doors use to slam shut in broad day light......oh Waite..........that was a movie.....shux!.. hard luck dey...lol...i think part 3 coming out for halo-ween watching that for sure!!!

Trini Hookah
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Trini Hookah » October 7th, 2011, 2:31 pm

^ Oct 21 8-)

But seriously though, when I used to pull CXC all nighters, I would get the scent of sulphur around 3am, and well, i've read that the scent of sulphur/rotten eggs was somewhat related to evil spirits/demon presence. (subject to correction)

nervewrecker
3NE 2NR Power Seller

Postby nervewrecker » October 7th, 2011, 2:33 pm

vrampersad14 wrote:^ Oct 21 8-)

But seriously though, when I used to pull CXC all nighters, I would get the scent of sulphur around 3am, and well, i've read that the scent of sulphur/rotten eggs was somewhat related to evil spirits/demon presence. (subject to correction)

no dawgy....dah mean rain gonna fall.

nervewrecker
3NE 2NR Power Seller

Postby nervewrecker » October 7th, 2011, 2:40 pm

oh...& just so you know:

h2s is a resultant product of the anaerobic reactions that take place in your cespit & is released into the surrounding air via that pvc vent you see coming out from it.
During the night the air is somewhat stagnant so the gas tends to hang around.

shotta 20
punchin NOS

Postby shotta 20 » October 7th, 2011, 2:42 pm

And there was this one time, i was home alone, everyone else had gone to a funeral not too far from our house.
I was going to use the toilet, but as i approached the toilet door, i heard the toilet flush.
So i stood there thinking that someone was still home, all this time i hearing the toilet tank re-filling.
After about 1 minute and nobody exiting, i asked who in the toilet but nobody answered.
I opened the door and it was empty.
I ran out of the house and waited by the road until everyone came home.

I was real fukcing fritten !

mitsuboi
Riding on 17's

Postby mitsuboi » October 7th, 2011, 2:44 pm

So bout 15yrs ago idk for what reason every time I walked past a certain spot in our side yard in d night I would feel like something watchin me and all d hair on my arms would raise and is like I could feel some kinda evil there.....dis went on for months until I noticed it stopped but then every time I went to d back of d house I would get that same feeling again....So I nvr mentioned it to anyone until one day my brother, myself and padnas drinkin and givin "ghost" stories.....b4 I coulda give my story my brother up and said d exact same ting I was feeling.....he used to feel something on d side of d house but like it move and gone to d back. (All d time I thought I alone was crazy yes).

nervewrecker
3NE 2NR Power Seller

Postby nervewrecker » October 7th, 2011, 2:46 pm

The only thing disturbing is that you pulled all nighters for cxc....cxc dan, serious?

shotta 20 wrote:And there was this one time, i was home alone, everyone else had gone to a funeral not too far from our house.
I was going to use the toilet, but as i approached the toilet door, i heard the toilet flush.
So i stood there thinking that someone was still home, all this time i hearing the toilet tank re-filling.
After about 1 minute and nobody exiting, i asked who in the toilet but nobody answered.
I opened the door and it was empty.
I ran out of the house and waited by the road until everyone came home.

I was real fukcing fritten !

Same thing happen to me here at work. I have heard plenty other stories of starnge things happening in the night as well (noises etc). At night there is this feeling like you are being watched when you are alone. It feels kinda weird.
I am not someone who is frightened eaisly but one night I alone in one section, walking towards the door (about 10:30pm eh) & I hear a phone just start to ring. I nearly sh!t myself, a coworker had forgot her cell phone on her desk. :lol:

shotta 20
punchin NOS

Postby shotta 20 » October 7th, 2011, 2:59 pm

I start work @ 8am , but i normally reach in for around 7:30am. At that time , the office is usually empty, so i'd sit down, log on Tuner or read the newspaper.
There is this office behind my chair that is locked until the employee comes in.
Sometime i hear chairs dragging, things falling or banging noises from in that office.

I told my co-workers about it, but they laugh it off.

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”