Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods
MG Man wrote:telstar should be there too
wagonrunner wrote:MG Man wrote:telstar should be there too
MG Man wrote:Hope the nex time a brother throws you the keys, you get off your beer cooler and fuggin DRIVE
AutoSport wrote:Changes for D & W #4
Every effort will be made to have the course set up by 10:00am.
We will revert to restricting access to the Pit area to only competitors and their service vehicle – competitors will also be given a Pit Pass for each competitor/service vehicle, which will be numbered and must be presented at the gate.
We will make every effort to NOT have anyone coming in with their own “PA / music” system, and we hope we can get the support of competitors and their crew with this move, since the noise created affects our PA announcements in calling out competitors to the start line.
There will be some changes to the classification.
We will be classifying cars within two-second brackets. (Looking at previous times, the slowest cars run around 56 seconds.) This will minimize the need for checking on engine upgrades, state of tune and tyres etc., and speed up the Scrutineering process which will start from 8:00am.
Class 1 will be from 56 secs. and slower.
Class 2 will be from 54 secs. to 55.999.
Class 3 will be from 52 secs. to 53.999.
Class 4 will be from 50 secs. to 51.999.
Class 5 will be from 48 secs. to 49.999.
Class 6 will be faster than 48 secs.
(1) Free runs to learn the course and put down times from - 10:30 to 12:30.
(2) We then take everyone’s best time, and sort from fastest to slowest.
And separate into 6 Classes, 2-second span. (you have the option to request to be bumped UP!)
(3) Then we do Competition runs, but within class – this will minimize the long lines. Everybody runs, within Class between 12:45 to 3:30pm.
(4) Take the top 4 or 8 from each class (depending on the numbers in the Class) and run a KNOCKOUT to determine Winners.
(a) Toss a coin to select Right or Left lane as you come up long before start line for knockout runs.
(b) Only first and second place Awards.
(c) If you break the Class time by more than 0.10secs., you LOSE! If both competitors break the Class time by more than 0.10secs., BOTH LOSE!
(5) ALL numbers will be assigned at briefing meeting- 16th November at MOSPORT, Frederick Settlement.
(6) Entries will NOT be classed at scrutineering.
(7) Classes only to be written on cars after we do the free runs, up to 12:30pm.
This will be a challenge, but we can do this with good communication from Control to Pits, or at end of 3rd run, we write Class immediately on cars.
The above has been arrived at after dialog with a wide cross-section of competitors / officials.
Users browsing this forum: maj. tom and 61 guests