Forums

San Fernando to Point Fortin Highway

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

Rory Phoulorie
3ne2nr Toppa Toppa

Re: San Fernando to Point Fortin Highway

Postby Rory Phoulorie » April 23rd, 2012, 2:25 pm

nervewrecker wrote:Didnt it have another one who nearly suffocate to death when a truckload of gravel was offloaded unto her awhile back?

I think her was a him and him was Eden Shand. IIRC, that was when Carlos John was paving the Queen's Park Savannah. Eden Shand sat on the ground behind a JSCL truck when it was offloading aggregate.

Habit7
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Habit7 » April 23rd, 2012, 2:34 pm

sMASH wrote:a raised highway system, like a highway completely of bridges, is my idea if there was enough money to do so. just like the over pass at grand bazaar, but the whole thing would be like that.

Until the BIG one...

sMASH
TunerGod

Postby sMASH » April 23rd, 2012, 3:18 pm

probably they could use two posts side by side, instead of one, to improve lateral resistance to motion. maybe some meeting points instead of joints, so that if a section needs to fall, it would fall with out too much disturbance to the adjoining sections. to repair, just remove the fallen section and the adjoining ones and replace with good ones. there are always sections to accommodate expansion due to heating, so the meeting points could be be at those points.

any way, too expensive.. but then i like to think big and and anticipate future growth.

EXODUS
punchin NOS

Postby EXODUS » April 23rd, 2012, 5:34 pm

Highway protesters form human barricade and stop work on $7 billion Point Fortin highway

RIPEBREDFRUIT
18 pounds of Boost

Postby RIPEBREDFRUIT » April 24th, 2012, 7:35 am

bluespeed wrote:
Highway Re-Route wrote:RELOCATION AND COMPENSATION IS NOT AN OPTION FOR US!!! RE-ROUTE the Mon Desir to Deb segment
We've had is no consultation on this matter...Mr Warner is headstrung on this route but there are alternatives which are more cost effective and will disrupt fewer communities
Imagine destroying 400 acres of fertile soil - in some places the geo fertility is 15 feet deep - at a time when they speak of food security and feeding a nation!

you sounding like you get blank for the 5million yuh ask for to move...

sounds exactly like that KANT at the corner of elsocorro highway on the north side, he found out way in advance of governments plans for the overpass and bought up 4 pieces of land where he knew they would have to use, demanded over 40 MIllion dollars in compensation for land that he purchased for just over 4 million.

So they moved the interchance higher to aranguez and left the KANT with his land- eeet good for him.

Rory Phoulorie
3ne2nr Toppa Toppa

Postby Rory Phoulorie » April 24th, 2012, 8:28 am

Again I ask:

Rory Phoulorie wrote:I really can't understand why all this noise now when there were many PUBLIC CONSULTATIONS on this highway development. These public consultations were well advertised in the media. Why didn't you all come and voice your concerns then? If you had actually come to the public consultations you would have seen that concerns raised at these meetings were taken into account and the alignment of the highway revised through the Oropouche Swamp.

The EIAs prepared for the entire project were available for public comment. The highway alignment was no secret. Where were Kublalsingh et. al.? Why all the fuss now?

gundelero
Chronic TriniTuner

Postby gundelero » April 24th, 2012, 9:17 am

I think this whole protest by citizens against the highway construction is sh!t!!!

First of all, we need better and wider roads in our country, especially to access major industrial area, such as La Brea, Point Fortin and Mayaro/Guayaguayare. Also, bear in mind the high rate of commercialization in the Debe area and the construction of the south campus of UWI at Debe. Traffic to these places are and will be horrible going to and from work, and also, when you consider the number of large trucks that venture to or service these locations as well, I would certainly say, proceed with construction. Of course, the gov't would have to implement various control measures to curtail speeding and crossing of the median, etc. but that's a different topic of discussion.

Next, consider the existing north-south and east-west highways. Don't you idiots think that way back prior to their construction, the issues that you are protesting for now, existed back then? I am sure the Butler Highway was constructed across fertile agricultural lands and, especially in the vicinity of Caroni, across mangrove areas. I am sure that villages were relocated during the construction phase as well.

Despite the protests, I would again reiterate my position to proceed with construction of the highways. If protesters are hampering or obstructing construction, have them removed by police. And, for the folks like Kublalsingh who lead these protests and encourage people to do sh!t like stand in the path of heavy equipment, or form human barricades, or put children to stand in front of heavy equipment; they should be arrested and charged for manslaughter and endangering human life.

In other words, UDFR and let de construction proceed!!!!

UML
Trying to catch PATCH AND VEGA

Postby UML » May 31st, 2012, 1:36 pm

is this association attempting to break up the partnership govt???

i see they meeting with MSJ & OWTU (Rojet).....now they meeting with the COP

if thats how they intend to get the highway rerouted...good luck with that.

they just added to the PNM protests that the country is facing.

K74T
TunerGod

Postby K74T » May 31st, 2012, 1:40 pm

Build the damn highway.

Team Loco
3NE 2NR Power Seller

Postby Team Loco » May 31st, 2012, 2:26 pm

build it!! i gonna stick that on meh ride

Habit7
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Habit7 » May 31st, 2012, 2:54 pm

I now seeing this. I was on the fence on this issue before but just to save 300 homes max: 100,000-200,000 will be bypassed. It won't make much sense building the highway if it goes this route.

wagonrunner
TriniTuner 24-7
Location: Distancing myself from those who want to raid the barn but eh want to plant the corn.

Postby wagonrunner » May 31st, 2012, 3:00 pm

That proposed change of route is sheit.
Why bother with a higway from golconda to debe? the rest of the country not as deserving as them?
Why should mosquito creek be a bottleneck?

Habit7
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Habit7 » May 31st, 2012, 3:09 pm

They believe that because south of the Creek is wetland the highway will reduce water to the wetland and flood areas south of it. Carrying it to the Creek will eliminate that.

pugboy
TunerGod

Postby pugboy » May 31st, 2012, 3:16 pm

what a lot of people don't know is that a certain minister's son(s) in cahoots with the brazilian contractors
if there is any reroute variation they will collect money without having to do any work
ie they will laugh to the bank

wagonrunner
TriniTuner 24-7
Location: Distancing myself from those who want to raid the barn but eh want to plant the corn.

Postby wagonrunner » May 31st, 2012, 3:19 pm

Habit7 wrote:They believe that because south of the Creek is wetland the highway will reduce water to the wetland and flood areas south of it. Carrying it to the Creek will eliminate that.

Am certain there is something underneath the highway at caroni that makes that a fallacy.

SmokeyGTi
punchin NOS

Postby SmokeyGTi » May 31st, 2012, 3:22 pm

If they re-route this then fyzabad and san francique have no access to the highway...they have to slum it through creek traffic.
THAT MAKES NO SENSE.

Habit7
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Habit7 » May 31st, 2012, 3:33 pm

wagonrunner wrote:
Habit7 wrote:They believe that because south of the Creek is wetland the highway will reduce water to the wetland and flood areas south of it. Carrying it to the Creek will eliminate that.

Am certain there is something underneath the highway at caroni that makes that a fallacy.

Plenty families in Barataria and St. Augustine were displaced with Churchill-Roosevelt Highway too. Kublalsingh and his minions should protest by not going to the airport too.

equipped2ripp
punchin NOS

Postby equipped2ripp » May 31st, 2012, 3:44 pm

Not only Barataria and St. Augustine, but Charlieville too. The Uriah Butler Highway was constructed in the middle of the village.

Sumana.00
Chronic TriniTuner

Postby Sumana.00 » May 31st, 2012, 4:16 pm

Rory Phoulorie wrote:Again I ask:

Rory Phoulorie wrote:I really can't understand why all this noise now when there were many PUBLIC CONSULTATIONS on this highway development. These public consultations were well advertised in the media. Why didn't you all come and voice your concerns then? If you had actually come to the public consultations you would have seen that concerns raised at these meetings were taken into account and the alignment of the highway revised through the Oropouche Swamp.

The EIAs prepared for the entire project were available for public comment. The highway alignment was no secret. Where were Kublalsingh et. al.? Why all the fuss now?

These people have no answers, they claim that Ministers are pocketing money but then when you ask them for facts they refuse to answer. Fact is, the majority of the people have taken their compensation package of land + money + whatever can be salvaged from the house structure and they're moving, it's just about 5 families giving trouble, especially two family names always come up

As for Kublalsingh he just needs a new cause I can't believe he went to Oxford Uni

shady23
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby shady23 » May 31st, 2012, 5:20 pm

That re-route has to be the most dotish thing ever. So basically what they propose is the same one main artery to the deep south, and everybody who want to go to POS have to pass through the present route? Extra bs.

UML

Postby UML » May 31st, 2012, 6:40 pm

mosquito creek done does flood and have traffic jams daily....wudnt they have to reclaim land or take some of the mangrove (same thing the group opposing to) to make that area a highway???

then look at the sharp bend from debe to golconda....wonder if it will increase our accident rate plus...not sure....but do highways have such sharp bends? (i asking eh)

wagonrunner
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby wagonrunner » May 31st, 2012, 6:42 pm

UML wrote:then look at the sharp bend from debe to golconda....wonder if it will increase our accident rate plus...not sure....but do highways have such sharp bends? (i asking eh)

WHAT sharp bend?

TRY and follow the road next to the cursor. recognize it?

UML

Postby UML » May 31st, 2012, 6:48 pm

someone please do a Build It petition....lets see who gets more signatures :mrgreen:

these families have a whole country suffering for them

300 homes?!! WTF!!!!

IS A WHOLE NATION THEY AFFECTING!!!

what about those from the far east who have to live pt fortin away from their families or those who make the drive everyday to go to work at Pt Fortin

when the blasted place develop is them who benefiting!!! malls shops transportation groceries fast food outlets gas stations cinemas etc

BUILD IT!!!

UML

Postby UML » May 31st, 2012, 6:49 pm

wagonrunner wrote:
UML wrote:then look at the sharp bend from debe to golconda....wonder if it will increase our accident rate plus...not sure....but do highways have such sharp bends? (i asking eh)

WHAT sharp bend?

TRY and follow the road next to the cursor. recognize it?

the proposed link road from Debe to Mosquito Creek (green dotted line)...almost 90 degrees
Last edited by UML on May 31st, 2012, 6:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

wagonrunner
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby wagonrunner » May 31st, 2012, 6:51 pm

well honestly, we start off really bad, and will no be fixing it anytime soon.

Look at the infrastructure on the other islands. Good coastal roads, and geographically centered highways, with offshoots and bypass roads.

wagonrunner
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby wagonrunner » May 31st, 2012, 6:52 pm

UML wrote:the proposed link road from Debe to Mosquito Creek (green dotted line)...almost 90 degrees

Lemme try it in UML'ese
wagonrunner wrote:TRY and follow the road next to the cursor. recognize it?

UML

Postby UML » May 31st, 2012, 6:53 pm

wagonrunner wrote:
UML wrote:the proposed link road from Debe to Mosquito Creek (green dotted line)...almost 90 degrees

Lemme try it in UML'ese
wagonrunner wrote:TRY and follow the road next to the cursor. recognize it?

yuh see it? :|
Last edited by UML on May 31st, 2012, 7:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

wagonrunner
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby wagonrunner » May 31st, 2012, 7:01 pm

UML wrote:yuh see it? :|

when lest you went north of caroni bridge? or drove to/past Aranguez without having to make another direction change first?
bus / maxi / water taxi don't count.

UML

Postby UML » May 31st, 2012, 7:06 pm

wagonrunner wrote:
UML wrote:yuh see it? :|

when lest you went north of caroni bridge? or drove to/past Aranguez without having to make another direction change first?
bus / maxi / water taxi don't count.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I love these "intellects" :wink:
Last edited by UML on May 31st, 2012, 8:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

bluespeed
Riding on 16's

Postby bluespeed » May 31st, 2012, 8:23 pm

i don't know why these inbreed Indo Trinis don't eat some aloo....

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”