Forums

San Fernando to Point Fortin Highway

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

UML
Trying to catch PATCH AND VEGA

Re: San Fernando to Point Fortin Highway

Postby UML » July 9th, 2012, 6:34 am

he states he DID NOT do RESEARCH but listened to a FARMER that the water flow will be affected :lol: :lol: :lol:

man backpedalling more dan me!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

hustla_ambition101
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby hustla_ambition101 » July 9th, 2012, 6:38 am

UML, like you getting some serious orgasms dey bro :lol:

UML

Postby UML » July 9th, 2012, 6:41 am

yea is real kicks dey have dr kublalsingh backing

they cut him off when dey realise he cyah provide no evidence of his claims

lets see what the COP (shadow government) has to say about this now :|

UML

Postby UML » July 10th, 2012, 7:27 pm

action starts at 7:00

someone please embed

http://video.ctntworld.com/view/1269/first-up-09072012/

UML

Postby UML » July 10th, 2012, 7:37 pm

doh forget to listen to kublalsingh backing when the station calls him :lol: :lol: :lol:

xtech
punchin NOS

Postby xtech » August 5th, 2012, 10:12 am

ImageImage
Syncrude Aurora Oil Sands Mine, north of Fort McMurray, Canada
This industry digs bitumen-laced sand from the ground with electric shovels five stories high, then washes the bitumen off the sand with hot water and sometimes caustic soda.

(A comment from an anti-tar sands (oil sand) campaigner in Canada who felt compelled to comment on what we suspect may be taking place here in T&T... We must find out what is really going on people, if anyone reading this can help us untangle this web, please contact triniecowarrior@facebook.com
so I can share it with the rest of us who are working to raise awareness on this issue.)

THE COMMENT:-

"I immediately want to stress that nothing *official* yet connects the tar sands and the highway. All we have is logic and heavy circumstantial evidence.

The southeast section of the tar sands "area of interest" referred to here...

(on page five of this presentation):
http://www.energy.gov.tt/content/244.pdf

...is close to where the controversial section of highway would start near Mon Desir, but the deposits of tar sands themselves actually stretch much further than the area listed in the first block indicated as the "area of interest" in this presentation. The deposit actually stretches well beyond, all the way to Fyzabad, and will likely take some Forest Reserve as well.

The southern end of the section of highway that is being contested by the Highway Re-route Movement will link up near Mon Desir, at Delhi Road. (The plan calls it the Mon Desir Interchange)

The stretch of highway that runs east of San Fernando's densely populated area, before the Debe interchange, could then be used to bring in heavy truck traffic from the area where the rest of the infrastructure upgrades are happening that could facilitate tar sand mining and processing.

You do not need to know if everything is being planned for tar sands, the point is that everything tar sands need is being planned.

The gas power-station, the desalination plant on the other side of the road, the recent major upgrades to the Point-a-Pierre refinery and of course the contract awarded to Reliance Energy of India to construct an Upgrader. An "upgrader," cracks the tarry bitumen and converts it into Syncrude Sweet Blend, a synthetic crude that travels down a pipeline to refineries.

Upgraders are specifically integral to bitumen production and accompany all tar sand mines here in Canada. This contract has declared tar sands part of the plan.

The southern end of the contested section of highway starts, (at the Mon Desir interchange) very close to the eastern limits of the large bitumen deposits if we are to go by the presentation we looked at earlier. This section of road has few people living nearby, (and will have even less, after re-locations and flooding) and will likely be dominated by large trucks and excavators.

The $64,000 question is; Where is the Indian company, Reliant Energy going to build the new upgrader? They must have a location. Already you can show that the Highway Re-route Movement's contested section of highway could easily be connected to the tar sands deposits. If then, you can show that the upgrader is to be connected to the Point-a-Pierre refinery via this or another existing section of highway, that makes the tar sands development you fear, a near certainty.

ImageImage

The fact is, all of this massive equipment (trucks and excavators) would benefit from a stretch of highway that is almost on top of the deposit, and if so, that section of highway would likely not see as much local civilian traffic as would the northern route, along the coast, to Debe. Also, it could essentially mean that they are attempting to build a network of roads to connect the tar sands deposits to the refinery at Point-a-Pierre.

The equipment for tar sands mining is some of the largest on the planet.

In Alberta, when one of the mines brings in new equipment, the highway is either temporarily shut down to the public, or more commonly is forced down to about one-fifth the speed, following flashing lights and so on.

I would call this speculation borne out of experience with energy developments around tar sands, and the actions of the Trinidad & Tobago government (current PP and prior PNM), up to and including the change in rhetoric to mimic the style used here in Canada.

This change in rhetoric took place immediately following meetings between our prime minister Stephen Harper and yours, Kamla Persad-Bissessar (along with your minister of energy, Kevin Ramnarine) in Cartagena, Colombia earlier this year.

An article in one of your daily newspapers, the Guardian, spoke of Canada offering assistance to Trinidad & Tobago with tar sands and more. They started that newspaper article with talk of 'security' help from Canada and closed it with talk of help for your health system from Canada, the tar sands mention was neatly squeezed between these two completely unrelated topics. (See for yourself, click the link below.)

http://www.guardian.co.tt/business/2012 ... lth-summit

In an even earlier article, the Express newspaper describes energy minister Kevin Ramnarine as a 'crusader' in your nation's search for new oil, while simultaneously saying that "energy authorities' eyes brighten at the estimate of 2 billion barrels waiting to be extracted." (Again, don't take it from me, click the link below.)

http://www.trinidadexpress.com/commenta ... 16925.html

In Canada, we realised the seriousness of the risks incurred with tar sand extraction after the industry was well established. That means we are not going to have an easy fight to stop tar sand mining here.

The people of Trinidad & Tobago need to sit up now, and pay attention to what may be taking place right under their noses. It's not too late for public pressure to put a stop to this terrible idea."

https://www.facebook.com/SustainTT
Last edited by xtech on August 5th, 2012, 11:07 am, edited 1 time in total.

Duane 3NE 2NR
Admin

Postby Duane 3NE 2NR » August 5th, 2012, 11:01 am

^ source?

RBphoto
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby RBphoto » August 5th, 2012, 11:03 am

Dude, the pitch lake still producing yunno. I don't see why they would want to strip mine for meager profits and massve displacement.

src1983
18 pounds of Boost

Postby src1983 » August 5th, 2012, 11:17 am

I wouldn't put anything pass the government....

Excuse: Job creation....

brams112
punchin NOS

Postby brams112 » August 5th, 2012, 7:39 pm

The person who put up that comment is a fool,bitumen is a by product of oil,we only mine pitch and oilsand,our oil sand don't have the quantity of oil in it to warrant refining,in any case the process will be costly with little or no gain,i call that a bogus reason or delay tatic by a group who are loosing their battle.

DrunkenMaster16

Postby DrunkenMaster16 » August 6th, 2012, 8:41 am

brams112 wrote:The person who put up that comment is a fool,bitumen is a by product of oil,we only mine pitch and oilsand,our oil sand don't have the quantity of oil in it to warrant refining,in any case the process will be costly with little or no gain,i call that a bogus reason or delay tatic by a group who are loosing their battle.

X2

well said.

xtech
punchin NOS

Postby xtech » August 6th, 2012, 10:37 am

DrunkenMaster16 wrote:
brams112 wrote:The person who put up that comment is a fool,bitumen is a by product of oil,we only mine pitch and oils and,our oil sand don't have the quantity of oil in it to warrant refining,in any case the process will be costly with little or no gain,i call that a bogus reason or delay tatic by a group who are loosing their battle.

X2

well said.

There is also something called natural bitumen.......maybe what we have is a quality oil sands similar to whats in Venezuela which fall into the category of heavy or extra-heavy oil due to their lower viscosity which can be harder to extract.

Natural crude bitumen contained in oil sands is described as "petroleum that exists in the semi-solid or solid phase in natural deposits. Bitumen is a thick, sticky form of crude oil, so heavy and viscous that it will not flow unless heated or diluted with lighter hydrocarbons. Oil sands have only recently been considered to be part of the world's oil reserves, as higher oil prices and new technology enable profitable extraction and processing.

Well the group never even knew about this and have not used this to stop the Government so far the focus is on loss of homes and lands I think.

brams112
punchin NOS

Postby brams112 » August 6th, 2012, 8:33 pm

Our oil sand don't have the quality to extract any oil from it x,otherwise there would have been lots of people from outside of tnt coming to make money,the oil we have aint worth much,this is the oil i feel you are speaking about,it is hard to extract,there have been experiments for years to raise it,from steam to heavy water to diffrent chemicals.Anyway i was under the impression the re route movement was against the hiway because at one time they were going to destroy a lagoon,then it was agricultural lands being destroyed,now the hiway will give people road to make a killing on a supposed deposit.I feel they are gasping at straws.Oh someone told me sometime ago that our oil sand don't have the amount of oil content,after i saw it being refined in texas town.

*$kїđž!™
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby *$kїđž!™ » August 16th, 2013, 11:43 am

Demolition of house thwarted
By Carolyn Kissoon carolyn.kissoon@trinidadexpress.com
Story Created: Aug 15, 2013 at 9:34 PM ECT
Story Updated: Aug 16, 2013 at 9:58 AM ECT
THE planned demolition of a house in the path of the Solomon Hochoy Highway extension to Point Fortin was thwarted yesterday after activists threatened to form a human chain around the family’s home.
Glenda Jhinkoo, 34, her husband Andre Pardessie, 42, and their six-year-old daughter Adrianna are packed and ready to move out of their South Oropouche home.
But the family has no where to go, as the cheque issued by the National Infrastructure Development Company Limited (Nidco) for rental expenses has not yet cleared.
Jhinkoo’s mother, Pearly Jhinkoo, who lives next door, has also been given notice to vacate her home.
“We are willing to move, but we have no where to go. We need to have money to move into an apartment. I got the cheque from Nidco to pay the rent, but it will take ten days to clear. The cheque will clear next week Wednesday and only then we will be able to move,” Jhinkoo said.
Jhinkoo said her family occupied the plot on State land 15 years ago. They operated a vegetable stall outside their home.
Jhinkoo’s family will receive $50,000 in compensation for the property and an additional $26,000 for the business, she said.
“We were offered a piece of land in Cedar Hill, but that land is not ready for us. Nidco promised to pay rent for us for six months. We found our own place in the area, because my daughter goes to school nearby,” she said.
Jhinkoo said the bulldozers were expected to arrive on Monday, but no one showed up.
“The moving trucks came this morning, but we couldn’t go because we need money to pay the landlord before we move in,” she said.
Edward Moodie, of the Debe to Point Fortin Highway Action Committee, intervened and threatened protest action.
Moodie said: “The woman has no where to go, she is simply asking for a few more days. We resisted the demolition and threatened to form a barricade around her home. That was when Nidco agreed to stop the demolition.”
A Nidco official said officers were in consultation with the affected families.

so squatters being compensated for using state land and still dont wanna give it up peacefully.....trinidad again....

crazybalhead
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby crazybalhead » August 16th, 2013, 11:47 am

Jhinkoo said her family occupied the plot on State land 15 years ago

I feel I going and occupy one ah dem porche by Lifestyle.

abbow
I LUV THIS PLACE

Postby abbow » August 16th, 2013, 12:00 pm

^^ which color...

i claiming the blue.... :D

zoom rader
TunerGod

Postby zoom rader » August 16th, 2013, 12:03 pm

I hope ppl see the true colours of these money grabbers. Living on state land and saying it's their home while still collecting a check
This reroute movement is all a fraud

*$kїđž!™
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby *$kїđž!™ » August 16th, 2013, 1:39 pm

zoom rader wrote:I hope ppl see the true colours of these money grabbers. Living on state land and saying it's their home while still collecting a check
This reroute movement is all a fraud

its state land....I dont think the state should be giving them another plot of land free....they should be made to pay the state instead....

They lucky they are living in Trinidad......

DFC
2NRholic

Postby DFC » August 16th, 2013, 2:13 pm

They finish the piece to Debe. And its gonna open on the 30th of August .

So I doh really care about the rest Nuh. Kooblalsingh could protest all he want.

Oh and after 1week of Debe traffic he will change his mind I sure.

demented
Riding on 17's

Postby demented » August 16th, 2013, 2:43 pm

Golconda to Debe segment being opened for public use on the 30th. Will the reroute movement group use this new higway?

~Vēġó~
3NE 2NR Moderator

Postby ~Vēġó~ » August 16th, 2013, 2:46 pm

kublalsingh diet didn't work for me....fraud!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

K74T
TunerGod

Postby K74T » August 16th, 2013, 3:07 pm

demented wrote:Golconda to Debe segment being opened for public use on the 30th.

Nice

Ted_v2
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Ted_v2 » August 16th, 2013, 3:21 pm

Pumping debe from the first for school. Bess

kurpal_v2
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby kurpal_v2 » August 16th, 2013, 3:30 pm

DFC wrote:They finish the piece to Debe. And its gonna open on the 30th of August .

So I doh really care about the rest Nuh. Kooblalsingh could protest all he want.

Oh and after 1week of Debe traffic he will change his mind I sure.

They have a lot of work still IMO to finish before the 30th properly.

Debe traffic is the worst on legs day :cry:

Shio
Sweet on this forum

Postby Shio » August 16th, 2013, 3:33 pm

kublalsingh protesting again
saw him this am

wagonrunner
TriniTuner 24-7
Location: Distancing myself from those who want to raid the barn but eh want to plant the corn.

Postby wagonrunner » August 16th, 2013, 3:37 pm

demented wrote:Golconda to Debe segment being opened for public use on the 30th.

:(
will no longer be starting / ending at the bottom of the highway.
Hope the backup for the turnoff at golconda doesn't exceed the length of the offramp.
Aslo hope it's done similar to couva where right turns across traffic are almost non existant

kurpal_v2
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby kurpal_v2 » August 16th, 2013, 3:39 pm

wagonrunner wrote:

:(
will no longer be starting / ending at the bottom of the highway.
Hope the backup for the turnoff at golconda doesn't exceed the length of the offramp.
Aslo hope it's done similar to couva where right turns across traffic are almost non existant

I'd think that's the president set across all new major intersections

DFC
2NRholic

Postby DFC » August 16th, 2013, 3:41 pm

I really hope it eases traffic.
I so sick of that traffic.

wagonrunner
TriniTuner 24-7
Location: Distancing myself from those who want to raid the barn but eh want to plant the corn.

Postby wagonrunner » August 16th, 2013, 7:17 pm

kurpal_v2 wrote:
wagonrunner wrote:Hope the backup for the turnoff at golconda doesn't exceed the length of the offramp.

I'd think that's the president set across all new major intersections

http://www.nidco.co.tt/Comprehensive%20Land%20Transportation%20Programme-San%20Fernando%20to%20Point%20Fortin.pdf

from the picture there,
if coming from golconda and heading north, what do you do?
if coming from san fernandp and heading south, what do you do?

sMASH
TunerGod

Postby sMASH » August 17th, 2013, 10:50 am

^^ merge by filtering in, then filing out...

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”