Forums

The *Official* [IDIOT DRIVER OF THE DAY] Thread

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

rollingstock
TriniTuner 24-7

Re: The *Official* [IDIOT DRIVER OF THE DAY] Thread

Postby rollingstock » February 20th, 2015, 10:28 pm

kamakazi wrote:So let me get this straight ....are some of you saying that the op wrong for taking that exit?? And that because he entered on the right he has to make the rounds like he going back the way he came.... with that logic I coming with a hope and a prayer....bless

Who said he had to go around the roundabout? He should have yielded to the wagon not try to squeeze his way in and in the process making a dangerous drive.

GTcruzer
Chronic TriniTuner

Postby GTcruzer » February 20th, 2015, 11:40 pm

1) the wagon came from BEHIND me in the right lane as I slowed for the 2 cars that were already on the roundabout there in the vid (no rearview cam to show that, sorry)

2) he entered the roundabout faster (on the left lane) than I did since I slowed for the cars & he somewhat timed their passing as he was further behind allowing him to get ahead of me (btw, this isn't where my problem is)

3) he drifted into the lane I was in which is what upset me most (& rather surprised that no one seems to realise that)

4) because he drift into my lane, I didn't rush him, rather I just didn't let up my pace

5) BOTH officers saw it fit to stop me after & neither decided to stop the other guy, probably since from their point of view, I was the ass. & even though the one who did all the talking "regretted" not being able to stop us both. This still doesn't make sense to me as they weren't sharing a vehicle, if they wanted to stop us both, why did the 2 follow me when they saw where the other guy went as well (he says that in the vid too)

6) I wasn't back answering the officer, I was (& still trying to) understand why I alone was targeted

7) even with all the replies so far, I still haven't understood (or get any replies) for the few scenarios I asked.

8) I honestly just want proper clarification other than, "I tellin yuh dat. I workin traffic branch & I know how it supposed to work." So instead of me sitting in the right lane traffic to go straight, I can now legally use the left lane, which always moves faster, to go straight. Since that is the consensus on how to properly use that roundabout.

Morpheus
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Morpheus » February 20th, 2015, 11:56 pm

Morpheus wrote:Officer is correct. Outer lane can take all exits......

Think about it. The car in the inner lane has to cross a lane(outer lane) to get off the roundabout. It's you(inner lane) that has to be careful and indicate properly.

It's always a live and let live on dual lane roundabouts.

You learn something. Good video to educate the masses. Allyuh hearing it from the Occifer's mouth.

It does vex me when they take the roundabout dotish so though. Hold yuh end nah! :-x

*now on to the rest of the vid

EDIT: Finish watch clip..... :roll: That officer have real patience though........ :roll:

Morpheus
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Morpheus » February 21st, 2015, 12:00 am

I guess from the officer's perspective you were on the inner lane and should have been more careful(it look like you rush de man). Also all the horn blowing, to them you seemed wrong and strong. A road rage candidate :lol:

GTcruzer
Chronic TriniTuner

Postby GTcruzer » February 21st, 2015, 12:20 am

Morpheus wrote:I guess from the officer's perspective you were on the inner lane and should have been more careful(it look like you rush de man). Also all the horn blowing, to them you seemed wrong and strong. A road rage candidate :lol:

My bad, missed where you acknowledge the fact he cut lanes.

We live & learn. I can see, & told the officer, that it would've looked like something else to them.
It's not the first time I blow my horn behind someone & police pull me over for it. So I guess I shouldn't blow my horn again. (At least not while driving a 14)

rollingstock
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby rollingstock » February 21st, 2015, 1:31 am

If after all this you still don't understand stop driving and take the bus cause you're an idiot.

kamakazi
punchin NOS

Postby kamakazi » February 21st, 2015, 1:34 am

Highway code

At a roundabout you will see a sign indicating roundabout. The vehicles on the right have right-of-way. Do not overtake or stop to put down passengers at a roundabout.

:cool:

rollingstock
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby rollingstock » February 21st, 2015, 1:52 am

^ You lack reading and understanding and honestly completely stupid.

kamakazi
punchin NOS

Postby kamakazi » February 21st, 2015, 2:03 am

It's up for interpretation but it is written clearly. 8-)

rollingstock
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby rollingstock » February 21st, 2015, 2:12 am

Oh the writing is clear but your brains ain't.

tourniquet
punchin NOS

Postby tourniquet » February 21st, 2015, 7:15 am

I've noticed that a lot of people get confused when roundabouts merge from two to one lane; it usually ends up with a shake head or cuss out, until the next time when the same thing happens again :/
Getting away from roundabouts for a bit, why is it so difficult to grasp that the right lane on a one way street/ exit is for right turns only? i've seen many complaints about drivers using the left lane to cut right, but there's also the issue of drivers using the right lane to go straight at an intersection :?

DVSTT
Trying to catch PATCH AND VEGA

Postby DVSTT » February 21st, 2015, 8:52 am

tourniquet wrote:I've noticed that a lot of people get confused when roundabouts merge from two to one lane; it usually ends up with a shake head or cuss out, until the next time when the same thing happens again :/
Getting away from roundabouts for a bit, why is it so difficult to grasp that the right lane on a one way street/ exit is for right turns only? i've seen many complaints about drivers using the left lane to cut right, but there's also the issue of drivers using the right lane to go straight at an intersection :?

Trinidadian motorists just suck at driving and utilising common sense.

alex jj
Trinituner Peong

Postby alex jj » February 21st, 2015, 3:20 pm

kamakazi wrote:Highway code

At a roundabout you will see a sign indicating roundabout. The vehicles on the right have right-of-way. Do not overtake or stop to put down passengers at a roundabout.

:cool:

dat means when u are approaching a roundabout the cars on your right have the right of way to go around, it does not mean the cars in the right lane have the right over cars on left lane...the man did not overtake either..he changed lanes before entering the roundabout as he was going straight and his lane goes straight, whereas the op would have to cut across

as far as the up for interpretation thing i think that the roundabout law is not up for subjective interpretation

cornfused
30 pounds of Boost

Postby cornfused » February 22nd, 2015, 8:37 pm

Vehicles on the coming from the right have the right of way .

If you are exiting on the first left be in the left lane .

If exiting on the straight or second left be in the left lane .

If exiting on the third left or making a 360 be in the right lane .

Many tools do not follow these rules and end up changing lanes whilst going around the roundabout.

As a pedestrian do not cross at a roundabout. This happens everyday in PoS.

Morpheus
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Morpheus » February 22nd, 2015, 8:49 pm

^^Last one so darn correct....

BTW.....although it may not have been the driver, talk to your passenger nah. Or maybe you saw nothing wrong.
Coca Cola glass bottles are not biodegradable. Next time do not throw it out the window. Keep it till you reach home or throw it in the nearest bin

STEUPSSSS!!! :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Last edited by Morpheus on February 23rd, 2015, 2:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

S_2NR
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby S_2NR » February 23rd, 2015, 12:17 am

rollingstock wrote:If after all this you still don't understand stop driving and take the bus cause you're an idiot.

rollingstock wrote:^ You lack reading and understanding and honestly completely stupid.

rollingstock wrote:Oh the writing is clear but your brains ain't.

Why you does always have to sound so?

DVSTT

Postby DVSTT » February 23rd, 2015, 12:39 am

Shout out to the red PBY 323 familia hatch with the kid (no more than 3) standing up in the back seat unrestrained while the driver does 120+ kmph.

Dizzy28
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Dizzy28 » February 23rd, 2015, 9:40 am

rollingstock wrote:
Dizzy28 wrote:Several issues with your vid and that roundabout -
1. From the direction you coming from there are arrows painted on the ground there, the right lane has a right turning arrow on the ground for right turning traffic going to the highway and the the left lane is for those going around the roundabout
2. You were on the right lane and the other guy was on your left so I would think you have right of way as it is a roundabout

kamakazi wrote:Car on the right has right of way

No wonder there's a whole thread for idiot drivers. It's a dual lane roundabout, the inside lane which he was in has to cross the outside lane to make the drive he did, the car on the outside lane has the option of turning left there OR proceeding straight.

This is so simple and yet people get it wrong, anyway anticipating a long winded reply by the ignoramuses trying to defend it.

In that roundabout the outer lane ends in a filter lane on the western side. Therefore the outer lane has to merge with the left/inner lane. How does the inside lane have to cross the outer lane??

rollingstock
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby rollingstock » February 23rd, 2015, 11:13 am

I give up yes.

Morpheus
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Morpheus » February 27th, 2015, 8:07 pm

rollingstock wrote:I give up yes.

^^:lol::lol:

Just nearly get broadside. Same roundabout BS. Maritime Plaza roundabout is notorious for idiot driving.

Heading North from the flyover, naturally I take the outer lane. Idiot on inner lane exit roundabout on the left lane heading towards the bus route :lol:

Horn, brakes, pull to left.

Idiot driver? Unconcerned.

RS oh goar help we out nah! :( :(

Morpheus
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Morpheus » February 27th, 2015, 8:28 pm

In that roundabout the outer lane ends in a filter lane on the western side. Therefore the outer lane has to merge with the left/inner lane. How does the inside lane have to cross the outer lane??

Watch that again good.....

rollingstock
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby rollingstock » February 27th, 2015, 8:32 pm

Lalalalalalala I maintaining my sanitation.

Morpheus
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Morpheus » February 28th, 2015, 8:27 pm

I hope the bike man who was lying in the intersection while getting medical attention is ok (Helmet still on; looks like they were being careful with his neck).

This one happened at the intersection after Superpharm on Trincity Central Road if heading toward the mall. Approx 12:30pm.

There always kinda iffy...

evolution7tt
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby evolution7tt » March 1st, 2015, 6:47 am

Big up to PCJ 277, Mazda CX7, Kizuna Kraft stickered.

Good job bumpering people on the highway and refusing to go to the left lane, even when it was clear.

You did an even better job slamming into the back of the Vigo just 1 minute after you passed me. Now you know better.

DVSTT

Postby DVSTT » March 1st, 2015, 7:36 am

evolution7tt wrote:Big up to PCJ 277, Mazda CX7, Kizuna Kraft stickered.

Good job bumpering people on the highway and refusing to go to the left lane, even when it was clear.

You did an even better job slamming into the back of the Vigo just 1 minute after you passed me. Now you know better.

Gotta love instant karma

evolution7tt
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby evolution7tt » March 1st, 2015, 8:02 pm

Indeed. Guy drove really really poorly.

shogun
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby shogun » March 1st, 2015, 8:47 pm

Heh...

sliderz1
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby sliderz1 » March 2nd, 2015, 1:27 pm

keep left except when overtaking?

Spitfir3
punchin NOS

Postby Spitfir3 » March 2nd, 2015, 2:14 pm

sliderz1 wrote:

keep left except when overtaking?

this. if the left lane was clear why were you not on it? that being said bumpering ppl on the highway is never a kool scne, sounds like he got what was coming even doh you dun goofed yourself

evolution7tt
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby evolution7tt » March 2nd, 2015, 5:20 pm

No guys. I was on the slow lane. He wasn't bumpering me. He passed me using the correct lane, the right.

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”