TriniTuner 24-7

Re: The *Official* [IDIOT DRIVER OF THE DAY] Thread

Postby rspann » February 5th, 2017, 3:01 pm

Well good luck and go wash the Tiidah.

tourniquet
punchin NOS

Postby tourniquet » February 5th, 2017, 3:33 pm

for a minute I thought I clicked on an *Official* [IDIOT USER OF THE DAY] Thread, yes.
Carry on :lol:

Morpheus
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Morpheus » February 5th, 2017, 4:56 pm

I once posted a smooth tyre vehicle in here though, because he was indeed an idiot........and a taxi driver......

kamakazi
punchin NOS

Postby kamakazi » February 6th, 2017, 1:56 am

I would only worry about those tyres if it rains or if it down to chords... Smooth tyres have more grip in the dry than tyres with plenty thread depth... Just saying

Morpheus
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Morpheus » February 6th, 2017, 5:22 am

Who is to say when rain will fall while you on the road or you bounce up one of WASA's many leaks? Worse yet as a public transport vehicle?
The smooth tyre business for racing though

mero
Trying to catch PATCH AND VEGA

Postby mero » February 6th, 2017, 6:33 am

Lmao acesinghit acting like he had points and was winning that woft argument...

Where do these guys come from?

racedriverpro
punchin NOS

Re: RE: Re: The *Official* [IDIOT DRIVER OF THE DAY] Thread

Postby racedriverpro » February 6th, 2017, 8:22 am

mero wrote:Lmao acesinghit acting like he had points and was winning that woft argument...

Where do these guys come from?

Doesn't matter....quite entertaining lol

K74T
TunerGod

Postby K74T » February 6th, 2017, 9:18 am

That could only be acesingshit.

seecarr11
3NE 2NR for life

Postby seecarr11 » February 9th, 2017, 1:34 pm

kamakazi wrote:I would only worry about those tyres if it rains or if it down to chords... Smooth tyres have more grip in the dry than tyres with plenty thread depth... Just saying

i hope you don't seriously believe that crap u just wrote. should be illegal to post that level of nonsense. people might actually listen and believe it.

kamakazi
punchin NOS

Postby kamakazi » February 10th, 2017, 1:12 am

Don't have to believe...It has been tested and proven... it is a fact...Less tread depth gives you more grip in the dry. That is why they use slicks in racing and offer shaved tyres.
Albiet I do know that there is not a lot of rubber left after all the treads have worn away and just like slicks in racing they are no good in the wet.
Also the reason why there aren't many tread grooves in high performance tyres
Toyo R888
Bridgestone re070r/re11s

Note these tyres do have some pretty grippy compound but they will not work if they have treads in them like an all season

bluesclues
punchin NOS

Postby bluesclues » February 10th, 2017, 3:47 am

Once again. The road is not a racetrack. Keep your drop low slick tires piece of shyt cars home or on a racetrack and stp looking like retarded jackasses having to slow down and swerve from any slightest rough spot in the road.

I do declare all drop low vehicles on the road the product of mentally retarded owners. In fact, if u even like how drop low does look u shouldve been dropped in a volcano at birth.

kamakazi
punchin NOS

Postby kamakazi » February 10th, 2017, 4:25 am

What are you on about clues...
Physics is physics... Smooth tyre equates to more rubber in contact with road surface which means more grip in the dry.
Never mentioned anything about lowered vehicles... Which has its place just not so much on our roads

seecarr11
3NE 2NR for life

Postby seecarr11 » February 10th, 2017, 11:30 am

kamakazi wrote:Don't have to believe...... it is a fact...Less tread depth gives you more grip in the dry. That is why they use slicks in racing and offer shaved tyres.
Albiet I do know that there is not a lot of rubber left after all the treads have worn away and just like slicks in racing they are no good in the wet.
Also the reason why there aren't many tread grooves in high performance tyres
Toyo R888
Bridgestone re070r/re11s

Note these tyres do have some pretty grippy compound but they will not work if they have treads in them like an all season

Now you talking sense. Smooth RACE tires get more grip because of their compound and when they reach their operating temperature. As a true car man you supposed to know that. Don't come on here and imply smooth STREET tires will get more grip because of surface contact. There are alot of factors that influence the amount of surface contact a tire gets, surface smoothness, the type of rubber used, tire pressure etc. You said "It has been tested and proven." I am officially challenging you to post a study that says smoother street tires get you shorter stopping distances, higher Gs on corners and better 1/4 mile times as apposed to street tires with proper threads in the dry as you as trying to say. I'm giving u the benefit. prove me wrong.

The guy's original post was about a car with smooth street tires. You Are supposed to know better than that.

battosai
Street 2NR

Postby battosai » February 10th, 2017, 1:13 pm

wait for it

dude2014
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby dude2014 » February 10th, 2017, 2:59 pm

Truly remarkable. Were the school children waiting to end up under the van, police car/van. They did not seem to want to miss the action. They would have been part of the action permanently had they gotten hit.

What was the police in the Nissan SUV drinking, the car going right, he could overtake the Cifero?
Epic police stupidity.

Do you know that a future CoP may have been in the SUV?

kamakazi
punchin NOS

Postby kamakazi » February 10th, 2017, 3:43 pm

@ seecarr11
The same applies for Street tyres as well
A smooth version of a tyre has more contact with the road surface than a fully treaded one... Less or in the smooth tyre case no tread left means that their are no tread blocks to move around to overheat or squirm around under load. There is also less material to deal with the heat which is a draw back.

More material in contact with road surface means more friction...

But my argument is only for if the condition is dry

seecarr11
3NE 2NR for life

Postby seecarr11 » February 10th, 2017, 4:25 pm

kamakazi wrote:@ seecarr11
The same applies for Street tyres as well
A smooth version of a tyre has more contact with the road surface than a fully treaded one... Less or in the smooth tyre case no tread left means that their are no tread blocks to move around to overheat or squirm around under load. There is also less material to deal with the heat which is a draw back.

More material in contact with road surface means more friction...

But my argument is only for if the condition is dry

post your proof to back up that statement. if that quote is taken from some source then cite your source or study. I understand your logic but as i said, that applies to special tires with different compounds at the right temperatures and ideal surface conditions to get the hi friction co efficient. "smooth street tires have more grip than street tires with proper thread in dry conditions. You said there were studies. i'll wait for you to post your proof. And post it here so everybody can read it and I'll gladly admit i'm wrong but until then, i call BS on what u said.

rollingstock
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby rollingstock » February 10th, 2017, 6:22 pm

After I wash my car I shine the tyres with evostik.

Can take corners at any speed,

kamakazi
punchin NOS

Postby kamakazi » February 10th, 2017, 6:33 pm

All observations were done on what can be considered race rubber and they are not controlled...
from rallying
I think it was 1996 when Peugeot had the 206 rally car; 3 different drivers requested different levels of grooves be cut into their tyres to deal with rain that was predicted. The rain never came and the driver with the least amount of grooves for the drying roads had the most grip for the stages to follow.

There was also a rally where Sabastian Loeb opted for worn gravel tyres to run on a stage that was mostly tarmac instead of new gravel tyres that everyone else selected to go with. The rally being considered a gravel event... Slicks were not an option. After winning those particular stages of the event... They inquired as to why he made that particular choice to which he responded the more the tyre is used the more it starts to resemble a slick tyre and as it wears down it provides more grip.

Concerning Street tyres though...
That was from personal testing...I will leave it at that... But it was at a point I was going through a set of Dunlop eco tyres every year.

Should have qualified this by saying this good true if the tyres haven't been great cycled into oblivion and they are not old

rspann
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby rspann » February 10th, 2017, 6:48 pm

Well I learn something today. So I going to keep the good tyres in the trunk, and when I see rain start to fall I will jack up and put them on. Also when i see the police or licensing officers I will put them on, because I don't think they know that smooth tyres better.

kamakazi
punchin NOS

Postby kamakazi » February 10th, 2017, 6:51 pm

Are smooth tyres defective?
It is worn yes... Defective nope.. But not everyone sees it that way
I consider a tyre defective if I can see chords or the steel in the tyre...

seecarr11
3NE 2NR for life

Postby seecarr11 » February 10th, 2017, 7:16 pm

kamakazi wrote:All observations were done on what can be considered race rubber and they are not controlled...
from rallying
I think it was 1996 when Peugeot had the 206 rally car; 3 different drivers requested different levels of grooves be cut into their tyres to deal with rain that was predicted. The rain never came and the driver with the least amount of grooves for the drying roads had the most grip for the stages to follow.

There was also a rally where Sabastian Loeb opted for worn gravel tyres to run on a stage that was mostly tarmac instead of new gravel tyres that everyone else selected to go with. The rally being considered a gravel event... Slicks were not an option. After winning those particular stages of the event... They inquired as to why he made that particular choice to which he responded the more the tyre is used the more it starts to resemble a slick tyre and as it wears down it provides more grip.

That was from personal testing...I will leave it at that... But it was at a point I was going through a set of Dunlop eco tyres every year.

so you have not been able to cite a source to back up your claim about smooth street tire = more grip other than personal experience. then i suggest you take your car to a solodex or bycc with your smooth street tires and see how well it performs in the dry. For that matter, ask any performance car driver while you are there to run on smooth streets and see how willing they are to do so. Until then, my claim that what u said is bs still stands. you mentioned increased surface contact. i'm gonna ask u this. NBA official courts are relatively smooth surfaces, yet still i have never seen a sneaker with a smooth undersole be developed exclusively for competition use in professional basket ball. why do u think that is? and dont say they make it for use in all environments, cause it would be easy for nike to have made 5 pairs of jordans just for Mike to use exclusively on the court. My point is, if you want to increase friction or grip between surfaces, you don't only make both smooth and that is what you were trying to imply. With smooth street tires on normal roads u actually make grip less. if you are only about improving surface contact that is completely different and that is not the only factor that affects or improves your friction co- efficient ("u" cause i cant find the proper symbol here and yes i did physics too) and finally the better and safer way to increase surface tire contact on a street vehicle is to get wider rims and tires, NOT drive with smooth streets. /end rant.

BTW the real important physics at play with slicks and semi slick racing tires is not that they are smooth, is more about that they are "stickier" because of the adhesive properties of that type of rubber when its hot, hense the reason they burnout before to lay some track bite down or the race cars keep swerving side to side when the pace car comes out, its to keep the rubber warm and sticky. when it cools too much, those guys do loose grip too.

and now on to our next idiot driver star, which i expect we wont have to wait too long for cause their seems to be alot more than usual these days.
Last edited by seecarr11 on February 10th, 2017, 7:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Morpheus
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Morpheus » February 10th, 2017, 7:16 pm

LoL dude we talking about everyday cars. Not racecars. They have threads for a reason

Allergic2BunnyEars
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Allergic2BunnyEars » February 10th, 2017, 7:40 pm

seecarr11 wrote:
kamakazi wrote:All observations were done on what can be considered race rubber and they are not controlled...
from rallying

so you have not been able to cite a source to back up your claim about smooth street tire = more grip other than personal experience. then i suggest you take your car to a solodex or bycc with your smooth street tires and see how well it performs in the dry. For that matter, ask any performance car driver while you are there to run on smooth streets and see how willing they are to do so. Until then, my claim that what u said is bs still stands. you mentioned increased surface contact. i'm gonna ask u this. NBA official courts are relatively smooth surfaces, yet still i have never seen a sneaker with a smooth undersole be developed exclusively for competition use in professional basket ball. why do u think that is? and dont say they make it for use in all environments, cause it would be easy for nike to have made 5 pairs of jordans just for Mike to use exclusively on the court. My point is, if you want to increase friction or grip between surfaces, you don't only make both smooth and that is what you were trying to imply. With smooth street tires on normal roads u actually make grip less. if you are only about improving surface contact that is completely different and that is not the only factor that affects or improves your friction co- efficient ("u" cause i cant find the proper symbol here and yes i did physics too) and finally the better and safer way to increase surface tire contact on a street vehicle is to get wider rims and tires, NOT drive with smooth streets. /end rant.

BTW the real important physics at play with slicks and semi slick racing tires is not that they are smooth, is more about that they are "stickier" because of the adhesive properties of that type of rubber when its hot, hense the reason they burnout before to lay some track bite down or the race cars keep swerving side to side when the pace car comes out, its to keep the rubber warm and sticky. when it cools too much, those guys do loose grip too.

and now on to our next idiot driver star, which i expect we wont have to wait too long for cause their seems to be alot more than usual these days.

:lol: men brutal today.

I agree though. Smooth street tires that smooth because of wear are not grippier than those with tread remaining even in dry conditions.

Tread compound can change as the tread wears so by the time the tire is smooth the compound available is less grippy.

kamakazi
punchin NOS

Postby kamakazi » February 10th, 2017, 9:30 pm

Wider rims and tyres do not actually increase surface contact area... Just how the contact area is distributed on the surface of the road... Within reason...I did mention my sources... But they are based in racing not so much for street tyres.
There is a reason why they provide shaved performance tyres.

Why the basketball analogy... Cause those people sweat and as the surface isn't dry... They have to make a compromise... Hence the mopping after players fall down.

I still believe in my tyres as they get smoother once they aren't too old...

Btw...Someone mentioned a test carried out by fifth gear... But I can't find the vid

bluesclues
punchin NOS

Postby bluesclues » February 11th, 2017, 1:01 am

rollingstock wrote:After I wash my car I shine the tyres with evostik.

Can take corners at any speed,

Same way tron did it. Amazing how what was science fiction decades ago is now a reality today.

bluesclues
punchin NOS

Postby bluesclues » February 11th, 2017, 1:10 am

seecarr11 wrote:
from rallying

All kina physics to make einstein roll in his grave he have. when rain fall, normal tires have deep tread patterns that utilize physics to decrease hydroplaning by channeling the water to maintain road traction. Smooth tires on public road is a risk to everyone else when you spin out. This doesnt need to be discussed. Road traffic departments around the world have already studied and determined through scientific process that smooth tires on public road = ticket.

battosai
Street 2NR

Postby battosai » February 11th, 2017, 6:43 am

Smooth tires provide far more traction than grooved tires on dry roads, due to their greater contact area but typically have far less traction than grooved tires under wet conditions. Wet roads severely diminish the traction because of aquaplaning due to water trapped between the tire contact area and the road surface. Grooved tires are designed to remove water from the contact area through the grooves, thereby maintaining traction even in wet conditions.

rspann
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby rspann » February 11th, 2017, 6:50 am

Anybody want good smooth tires? I giving away free. You could get over a hundred per week. (and to think I paying $5 to dump them all the time)

DVSTT
Trying to catch PATCH AND VEGA

Postby DVSTT » February 11th, 2017, 8:00 am

rspann wrote:Anybody want good smooth tires? I giving away free. You could get over a hundred per week. (and to think I paying $5 to dump them all the time)

Where are they dumped?

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”