New Trinidad Zip/Postal code coming

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

Devourment
Sweet on this forum

New Trinidad Zip/Postal code coming

Postby Devourment » March 29th, 2012, 7:07 am

So what do you guys think of this?

Trinidad and Tobago will soon join other members of the international community in terms of a set standard of addresses when the T&T Postal Corporation (TTPost) introduces a postal or zip code says Minister of Public Utilities Emmanuel George. George made the revelation at a public consultation on the development of a postal code system by TTPost yesterday, at the Crowne Plaza, Port-of-Spain. With the new system, each postal zone will be allocated a six digit postal code that will identify particular locations. George said that a postal code system in T&T would open up the business market as well as ensure effective and accurate delivery of mail.
He told the audience that the implementation of a postal code system was in keeping with world class standards. He said the Universal Postal Union had mandated that every country should have postal coding and that T&T was on its way to fulfilling that mandate. He said proper addressing standards were an important indicator of a country’s infrastructure and an indicator of ease of doing business. University of the West Indies Professor Jacob Opadeyi who provided a technical presentation on the project said T&T did not currently have a standardised address system. He said the lack of a structured system negatively affected the administration of services in T&T such as billing and emergency responses.
With the new system, each postal zone would be afforded a six digit postal code that would identify specific locations. The postal codes would denote districts already recognised by the TTPost but would enable each house or building to have one exact address. He specified that in the case where there was a further need to sub-divide postal districts, zones would be renumbered and residents would be notified. Opadeyi said: “We cannot continue to rely on the institutional memory of TTPost delivery persons for mail delivery.” He said though TTPost already had a 96 per cent delivery rate the postal code system would improve efficiency and accuracy, reduce undelivered or misdirected mail and save on time and operating costs.
Opadeyi said the new system would not only affect the postal service but would also impact on information gathering in both the private sector and government. He said the system could be used for data collection, statistics on disease occurrences and the analysis of trends through clustering. Responding to questions by reporters on whether or not the new system would result in staff cuts, TTPost managing director Sheldon Cyrus said the company had not made a determination regarding that situation. “It is something that we will have to explore but we have not made a determination regarding that yet,” Cyrus said. In reference to the 195 temporary postal workers who were laid off by TTPost on Monday, Cyrus said the company made the decision as part of a restructuring effort to make the service more effective. He said that TTPost was already having proper contracts drawn up to reabsorb the workers into the system.

Advertisement
janfar
punchin NOS

Re: New Trinidad Zip/Postal code coming

Postby janfar » March 29th, 2012, 7:25 am

Well its about time... i fed up with ppl telling me that 00000 is not a zip code...

shogun
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby shogun » March 29th, 2012, 7:27 am

^lol.

Heard about this on the news last night. They've promised this for a couple years now, lets hope it's finally implemented.

janfar
punchin NOS

Postby janfar » March 29th, 2012, 7:32 am

...or when im having a nice pleasant convo with a check in agent... what does the LP stand for...

LAMP POLE :|

noshownogo
punchin NOS

Postby noshownogo » March 29th, 2012, 7:39 am

:rofl: @ janfar, I could relate.

Now it's time for Ministry of Transport to make vehicle owners hold on to one number plate for life. Enough of this new plate hustle mentality that Trini's have.

nemisis
punchin NOS

Postby nemisis » March 29th, 2012, 7:50 am

noshownogo wrote::rofl: @ janfar, I could relate.

Now it's time for Ministry of Transport to make vehicle owners hold on to one number plate for life. Enough of this new plate hustle mentality that Trini's have.

never happen. men like the new plates so you can tell from a distance the car new...or what passes for new

uncle sam
punchin NOS

Postby uncle sam » March 29th, 2012, 8:29 am

...about forkin time!

NR8
Riding on 18's

Postby NR8 » March 29th, 2012, 4:54 pm

I remember Jack Warner talking about a plan to do that some time ago. Not sure what going on now since the ministries split up.

Stephon.
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Stephon. » March 29th, 2012, 4:59 pm

janfar wrote:...or when im having a nice pleasant convo with a check in agent... what does the LP stand for...

LMFAOOOOOO!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Stephon.
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Stephon. » March 29th, 2012, 5:02 pm

Well I personally don't see the problem with this, if they want a new plates and has links or willing to wait and time it, then let em do it. What I don't get it when people waiting on the new series to buy RORO AD wagons :?

sliderz1
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby sliderz1 » March 29th, 2012, 5:03 pm

stepping up

Habit7
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Habit7 » March 29th, 2012, 5:05 pm

shogun wrote:They've promised this for a couple years now, lets hope it's finally implemented.

x2

Kiro_lee
Riding on 16's

Postby Kiro_lee » March 30th, 2012, 3:21 am

It is going to be implemented by the end of the year, hopefully, mapping is already taking place.

Phone Surgeon
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Phone Surgeon » March 30th, 2012, 4:23 am

janfar wrote:...or when im having a nice pleasant convo with a check in agent... what does the LP stand for...

LOL

in my case my address is EP 597 OR LP 4

electric pole and lamp pole...same address eh

maj. tom
Trying to catch PATCH AND VEGA

Postby maj. tom » September 14th, 2012, 9:43 am

TTPost implements postal code
By DARCEL CHOY Friday, September 14 2012

THE Trinidad and Tobago Postal Corporation (TTPost) has begun implementing a Postal Code and Addressing System, Robert Hernandez, General Manager (Operations) at TTPost revealed on Wednesday during a meeting at the Local Government Ministry office at Kent House, Long Circular Road, Maraval.

He said the corporation began a pilot project in May in Point Fortin and once that was completed the implementation will continue in Chaguanas. Hernandez identified some of the challenges the corporation has experienced in trying to locate addresses in the country. He lamented that the current addressing system involved the use of Lot and Light Pole numbers and mile markers. He said there was a “haphazard approach” to assigning building numbers as there was no logical sequence most time as well as a duplication of numbers and street names even within the same community.

To solve these issues, the Corporation will implement, the S42 Addressing Standard which was accepted and approved by the Universal Postal Union. “It discontinues the use of mile markers, lamppost numbers, lot numbers and we will implement addresses that promote the use of specific house numbers. This will take Trinidad and Tobago into a developed nation status within the postal sector,” he said. Hernandez explained, once TTPost completes the implementation in an area they will provide each household and business with an address card that will indicate their proper address and postal code.

He admitted they needed assistance in the implementation and said Local Government corporations will need to provide the human resource and the vehicles. He said they have met with eight regional corporations on the matter and will begin a mail drop of notifications to each region alerting residents and businesses of the exercise which will occur shortly.

Local Government Minister Dr Suruj Rambachan said the implementation of the S42 Standard was important not only for the delivery of mail but also for emergency services to properly locate places.

“It is important if we want to ensure the ambulance service or other emergency vehicles access areas very quickly. Through a proper addressing system they will be able to do so in the shortest possible time, so there are several advantages in terms of implementing this standard in Trinidad and Tobago,” Rambachan said.

http://www.newsday.co.tt/news/0,166222.html
Copyright © Daily News Limited

DTAC
Shifting into 6th

Postby DTAC » September 14th, 2012, 10:54 am

So squatters will get "official" addresses now? I can hear the talk, "Well I get meh post code so that mean government say I legal to stay here now." :lol:

Good idea though. Finally.

civir
Street 2NR

Postby civir » September 14th, 2012, 3:17 pm

Just what we need....New Zip Codes, new postal addresses when everyone has email addresses.....

belalegosi
18 pounds of Boost

Postby belalegosi » September 14th, 2012, 4:07 pm

civir wrote:Just what we need....New Zip Codes, new postal addresses when everyone has email addresses.....

wait.
What does email addresses have to do with postal addresses? :?:

bluesteel29
Shifting into 6th

Postby bluesteel29 » September 14th, 2012, 4:20 pm

civir wrote:Just what we need....New Zip Codes, new postal addresses when everyone has email addresses.....

yeah...that make sense dan :?

redmanjp
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby redmanjp » September 14th, 2012, 5:59 pm

headline in article misleading- it eh implement yet

but this is good.. especially for filling out web forms and having to put N/A in the zip code

skylinechild
3ne2nr Toppa Toppa

Postby skylinechild » September 14th, 2012, 6:31 pm

^^ i just put all zeros "00000"

sliderz1
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby sliderz1 » September 14th, 2012, 6:43 pm

oh mi gashhhh

civir
Street 2NR

Postby civir » September 15th, 2012, 4:57 am

jnqaz wrote:

wait.
What does email addresses have to do with postal addresses? :?:

Maybe that everything goes electronic media as email, etc. So maybe in a couple years bills may and other mails that came traditionally via the postal service would be sent via emails. Right now banks sent monthly statements via email rather than postal if requested.....so then eventually postal addresses will be phased out....think of the fixed land line cell phone scenario.......

Phone Surgeon
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Phone Surgeon » September 15th, 2012, 7:16 am

LOL

how can postal addresses be phased out?

they going to email you your fedex/ups/dhl packages?

maj. tom

Postby maj. tom » September 15th, 2012, 9:18 am

^^

Obviously he has the new Google prototype matter-to-energy-to-matter converter hooked up to his cold fusion reactor and synced with his Gmail and Google Wallet purchases.

But like this man has never received more than a bill from the postman/delivery truck all his life? And what they gonna put on your driver's licence? And for election time what they should do, send you an email to verify that you "living" there? Where you living, on Google server and you does zip down on Flow to visit Tuner?

As long as you have a physical address that can be mapped, it will be valid for the government. You don't think USA and Canada would have phased out physical addresses before if they could have? I see you don't think too far ahead before you post on Trinituner.

civir
Street 2NR

Postby civir » September 15th, 2012, 5:49 pm

^^^^^
My apologies, I guess thinking backward like that, will ensure we "bush cultured".

Ever heard about iGovtt or TTBizlink.....maybe just maybe it requires an electronic info that eliminates the need for physical addresses.

Just an example though.......If I offend any then feel free to leave TTpost and the safe union job for a real one....

belalegosi
18 pounds of Boost

Postby belalegosi » September 15th, 2012, 6:24 pm

Friend: Where you living brah?
civir: civir@trinidadandtobago.co.tt, about 2bytes south of trinituner.com.

:lol:

civir
Street 2NR

Postby civir » September 15th, 2012, 6:38 pm

Ok...guys TAKE WIN...in 6 years till if you still online maybe we go talk..........

maj. tom

Postby maj. tom » September 15th, 2012, 6:39 pm

I not sure if civir serious or if he's attempting to troll. I really hope he planned this out.

You does go grocery man? Or you does visit HiLo website and they does email yuh the peas and carrots?

JoKeR1980
punchin NOS

Postby JoKeR1980 » January 11th, 2013, 7:59 am

Addresses that include light pole numbers, mile posts or the phrase “corner of” will soon be things of the past.

The T&T Postal Corporation (TTPost) is rolling out the international S42 Addressing Standard throughout the country.

So said Public Utilities Minister Nizam Baksh on Wednesday at a function at Point Fortin Town Hall to mark the completion of postal codes and S-42 addressing standards within the borough, a first in T&T

http://www.guardian.co.tt/news/2013-01- ... ostal-code

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”