Forums

::The Official Rap and Hip-Hop Thread::

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

eliteauto
TriniTuner 24-7

Re: Drake - Take Care / HYFR

Postby eliteauto » April 9th, 2012, 12:28 pm

Stephon. wrote:Here we go again, the only reason people like Biggie is because he's dead, point blank, his music is rubbish and people need to stop being hipsters!

hahahahahahahaha what an idiot :lol: :lol: :lol: sheltered inbred FTL

Trini Hookah
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Trini Hookah » April 9th, 2012, 12:30 pm

Stephon telling others to stop being hipsters yes.

/self

Stephon.
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Stephon. » April 9th, 2012, 12:31 pm

eliteauto wrote:
Stephon. wrote:Here we go again, the only reason people like Biggie is because he's dead, point blank, his music is rubbish and people need to stop being hipsters!

Wow you still have yet to find new material? I look forward to you using that inbred comment in 2045

eliteauto
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby eliteauto » April 9th, 2012, 12:37 pm

Stephon. wrote:
eliteauto wrote:

Wow you still have yet to find new material? I look forward to you using that inbred comment in 2045

new material? you being inbred was new during the pregnancy,it became old the day you were born see you in 2045

Stephon.
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Stephon. » April 9th, 2012, 12:44 pm

I dunno it just seems as if your assumption of me is what you seem to cling on when you disagree with something I said, pretty sure if I type in inbred or inbreeding in the search it would be a lot of posts that you posted in response to me just because you had another view, and it's funny because if you even knew where I came from you would realize how stupid your comments are. Good luck with that inside joke you have with yourself though.

eliteauto
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby eliteauto » April 9th, 2012, 12:47 pm

you spelt assumption correctly I'm impressed, your real parents would be proud

Rory Phoulorie
3ne2nr Toppa Toppa

Postby Rory Phoulorie » April 9th, 2012, 1:00 pm

Come on boys, stop acting all childish over some songs/performers. All this fighting over them and those people are just laughing all the way to the bank while you all just bicker all day long.

It's Easter, ask yourself what Jesus would do...he would do the Humpty Dance! Look even Tupac endorses the Humpty Dance.

My nose is big, uh-uh I'm not ashamed
Big like a pickle, I'm still gettin' paid

Hook
3NE 2NR Moderator

Postby Hook » April 9th, 2012, 1:16 pm

:lol: @ taking musical advice from someone whose Madonna-copycat role model's music feeds a generation of hipsters who think they started this stuff...they are not originators and neither are y'all.

In 20 years, the music on the airwaves now will NOT spark pleasant memories like some of these tunes spark for my generation.
You will never understand what it means to buy a kiddie toothbrush to keep your Avias clean. You will never relate to switching your phone cord to that extra long one you bought in CCS so you could carry the phone on your bedrooom to talk to a girl on the phone after your parents go to bed. You will never know what it's like to make a mixtape on a SA90 cassette.

You will not hear Gaga at your kid's wedding, but if they're brighter than you, you'll hear these.

rfari
TriniTuner 24-7

Drake - Take Care / HYFR

Postby rfari » April 9th, 2012, 1:45 pm

Some hard ones there bai hook. Ollur gorn and breakup the ppl chirren ched. Smh

shogun
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby shogun » April 9th, 2012, 1:50 pm

Hook wrote:

Chunez!

mero
Trying to catch PATCH AND VEGA

Postby mero » April 9th, 2012, 2:39 pm

rfari wrote:beanie sigel. listen and learn...

you do know Kanye West produced this right? Sad that this "dolly house" rapper produced Bean's best song.

And smh at you all coming in here posting "real hip hop", do you still wear bell bottom jeans and break dance as well? Get with the times or get left behind. Why do think Jay-Z, Nas and even Diddy are still so relevant? They moved with up the times. Gangsta Rap is dead. Let's be honest, when the last time Beanie Siegel or Mobb Deep drop a big tune?

There's no school as the old school and no one knows this better than me but yall need to GTFO here with that Wu-Tang, Tupac sheit. You "old school" hipsters looking far worse than Stephon tbh :roll:

btw rfari, i does see you posting a million and one shitty shitty Gaza music in other threads, lets not pretend like we aint see that happening :lol:
Modern dancehall is far worse than modern hip hop :arrow:

rfari
TriniTuner 24-7

Drake - Take Care / HYFR

Postby rfari » April 9th, 2012, 2:48 pm

You seem upset. I have nothing on kanye west producing skills. Look like thing fall in ur garden son

rfari
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby rfari » April 9th, 2012, 2:52 pm

mero wrote:
rfari wrote:beanie sigel. listen and learn...

you do know Kanye West produced this right? Sad that this "dolly house" rapper produced Bean's best song.

There's no school as the old school and no one knows this better than me but yall need to GTFO here with that Wu-Tang, Tupac sheit. You "old school" hipsters looking far worse than Stephon tbh :roll:

sorry, i can't really take you srsly with those comments. :roll:

eliteauto
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby eliteauto » April 9th, 2012, 2:54 pm

it's so funny that some ppl profess to be music lovers when in fact they are fad lovers, they only like what's current and have short attention spans, a true lover of music (or any genre within that sphere) will appreciate both the then and now and one who was there then and here now will inevitably make comparisons, most on this forum are too young and close minded to see beyond their noses. How does one's liking of an era of music imply they dress from the era Mero? Do classical music lovers wear powdered wigs? Some of you think music of the now is a "new" thing umm Rick Ross, Lil Wayne etc all do "gangsta rap", I'd suggest some of you all have a listening party and see not only the differences but also the similarities different eras of music have

rfari
TriniTuner 24-7

Drake - Take Care / HYFR

Postby rfari » April 9th, 2012, 3:27 pm

As you say that, I wouldn't be surprised that I see teenagers in the mall wearing kippahs

mero

Postby mero » April 9th, 2012, 3:44 pm

rfari wrote:You seem upset. I have nothing on kanye west producing skills. Look like thing fall in ur garden son
lol Far from it brah :wink:

And eliteauto,
eliteauto wrote:a true lover of music (or any genre within that sphere) will appreciate both the then and now and one who was there then and here now will inevitably make comparisons
too bad what you saying here is not practiced, as most "older people" have this notion that "I'm old, you're young, i'm smart you're dumb, we know everything about real music, you don't hurr durrr" :roll: Even though everyone is entitled to their opinion and taste, most people think they have to lock themselves in a certain genre or sub-genre and basically ridicule everything else to look good or be accepted which is annoying as fcuk. Especially our "local wanna be whites" who think that once its not playing on 94.7 its too ghetto or the 94.1 guntas who think everything else too white.

In music specifically to Rap,and im sure you can relate to a lot of other genres most people fall under certain categories which are:
80's child, who stuck listening to Kool and The Gang, Afrika Bambaata, Run DMC , Sugarhill Gang etc.

90's elitist who loves everything about that era and are stuck listening to only 90's artist and they're all so cool (normally the biggest pricks). They love talking about listening to "real hip hop" and not listening to these new fake artist.
Favorite artist are most likely Tupac, Big L, Biggie, Big Pun, Wu-Tang Klan

Strictly underground listeners who look for the most abstract and boring artist. They don't like any artist that gets radio play or who is somewhat popular.
Favorite artist are most likely Immortal Technique, Vinnie Paz, Tech Nine

The Conscious lyricists fans who must listen to only Lupe, Blu, Kendrick Lamar, Common etc.

Overly mainstream hip hop fans who love to talk about first week sales, platinum plaques, top charting singles.
Favorite artist is most likely Lil Wayne, Drake, Young Money on the whole.

Anyway i know im prob gonna get a tl;dr :lol: but pertaining to me im glad i grew up around a lot of older folks and interacted with a lot of different nationalities and cultures in my life so i can appreciate basically any genre from any era. This thread is on hip hop so i was on the hip hop perspective here. :arrow:

Rory Phoulorie
3ne2nr Toppa Toppa

Postby Rory Phoulorie » April 9th, 2012, 3:55 pm

mero wrote:...Anyway i know im prob gonna get a tl;dr ...

:| Damn right! tl;dr.

eliteauto
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby eliteauto » April 9th, 2012, 4:21 pm

nah mero make sense there

Stephon.
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Stephon. » April 9th, 2012, 5:03 pm

Preach mero!

Scoobert Bauce
I LUV THIS PLACE

Postby Scoobert Bauce » April 9th, 2012, 7:06 pm

Hook wrote:

Tribe is the dang sheit! Maybe my favorite rap group with Outkast a close second. Q-Tip's my favorite rapper actually.

Scoobert Bauce
I LUV THIS PLACE

Postby Scoobert Bauce » April 9th, 2012, 7:12 pm

By the way, how can you tell what theyre gonna play from what theyre not? The songs that you might not with and find crappy, would be memorable for us (yes us lol) because it was what we listened to.

Stephon.
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Stephon. » April 9th, 2012, 7:19 pm

I didn't expect Take Care and HYFR to be so popular to the tuner population, 80 replies, well done Drake Image

shogun
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby shogun » April 9th, 2012, 7:21 pm

Scoobert Bauce wrote:
Tribe is the dang sheit! Maybe my favorite rap group with Outkast a close second. Q-Tip's my favorite rapper actually.

Something about the tone of his voice and cadence alongside a beat.

rfari
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby rfari » April 9th, 2012, 10:21 pm

who is the pretty lady with the curly hair?

mero

Postby mero » April 10th, 2012, 1:49 am

Stephon. wrote:I didn't expect Take Care and HYFR to be so popular to the tuner population, 80 replies, well done Drake Image

:lol: Drake lost, Kanye made this thread what it is

And Scoobert, Triple Stacks is high up in my list greatest lyricists and rappers of all time, dat flow 8-)

Stephon.
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Stephon. » April 10th, 2012, 5:02 am

The topic title says Drake and the numbers do not lie. Image

Hook
3NE 2NR Moderator

Drake - Take Care / HYFR

Postby Hook » April 10th, 2012, 7:07 am

^^^ Don't be silly. The thread has more criticism than praise for his music.

So anyway, in terms of ranking rappers according to lyrical content, style etc. where do Drake, Minaj, Weezy, Ross, Mane etc. fall on the talent scale, and do you expect their music to last another 20yrs?

Stephon.
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Stephon. » April 10th, 2012, 7:49 am

Nah I don't see them around for another 20 years, I think kanye MIGHT make it and if Jay Z wanted to then he could. Then again 50 cent was the biggest rapper around at one point in time too. But jay z is a business man unlike rappers of yesteryear that only talk about having 100 guns and 100 clips so I dunno.

Trini Hookah
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Trini Hookah » April 10th, 2012, 9:45 am

Stepped out of this thread too long. On a side note, thank the great Yeezy for helping us receive the greatness that is:

Rooki3
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Rooki3 » April 10th, 2012, 11:53 am

Trini Hookah wrote:Stepped out of this thread too long. On a side note, thank the great Yeezy for helping us receive the greatness that is:

u serious??

u do know this is one ah d dudes from clipse right?

he was out loooooooong before G.O.O.D music

you jus drove eliteauto point home

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”