Dangerous Dogs Act - Trinidad and Tobago

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

christopherwilliams2
Riding on 18's

Dangerous Dogs Act - Trinidad and Tobago

Postby christopherwilliams2 » April 16th, 2012, 10:46 pm

http://www.guardian.co.tt/news/2012-04- ... e-august-1

Twelve years after it was debated and passed in Parliament with a three-fifths majority, the Dangerous Dogs Act will take effect from August 1. This follows a Cabinet decision last Thursday to enforce the law by Proclamation of the President. The Act prohibits importation and breeding of three categories of dogs, the Pitbull Terrier, Fila Brasiliero and Japanese Tosa.

The Minister of Local Government will have the power to declare any other type of dog dangerous if they present a serious danger to the public. In a release yesterday, the Ministry of the Attorney General said the law was being enforced because of recent and growing attacks on citizens by pitbulls. “The facts show that often these dangerous dogs are not properly trained or secured. In recent times, dangerous dogs have been allowed to escape onto the road and attack persons, causing severe injuries and, in some cases, death,” the ministry stated.

Within three months of the law coming into force, owners of dangerous dogs must have them spayed or neutered by a veterinary surgeon and they must be registered with the Ministry of Local Government. Dog owners must also obtain an annual licence from their municipal corporation at a cost of $500 a dog.
In addition, they must have at least $250,000 worth of insurance for each dog. Citizens who keep or own unlicensed dangerous dogs will be liable to be fined $50,000 and one year imprisonment on summary conviction.

PDF Download of Dangerous Dogs Act
http://bit.ly/ISXoMl
Last edited by christopherwilliams2 on March 10th, 2016, 9:56 pm, edited 3 times in total.

pugboy
TunerGod

Re: Dangerous Dogs Act goes in force August 1

Postby pugboy » April 16th, 2012, 10:50 pm

so how do you prove a dog is a certain breed ?
does it have to be 100% bloodline papers from akc etc ?
are they using dna ?
oops I forgot pitbulls don't really have a true genetic bloodline

christopherwilliams2
Riding on 18's

Postby christopherwilliams2 » April 16th, 2012, 11:17 pm

i guess all dem boys on de block walking bareback wid dey pitbull bess have de vex money ready....

illegal , 'underground' breeding jus got lucrative.

jm3
12 pounds of Boost

Postby jm3 » April 16th, 2012, 11:24 pm

lol the rest of the world debates removing bsl and trinidad decides to start enforcing it. nice work again idiots in office when you gonna enforce some other laws.

pioneer
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby pioneer » April 16th, 2012, 11:39 pm

LOLOLOL@ this "law"

Who came up with this...drunkened kindergarden kids?

How about a dangerous people act?

ROFL@ this part

The Minister of Local Government will have the power to declare any other type of dog dangerous if they present a serious danger to the public.

In simple terms, that means the ministry can "declare" a pothound or a pompek a dangerous dog.

The developed world prolly pissin their pants over this one :lol:

jm3
12 pounds of Boost

Postby jm3 » April 16th, 2012, 11:43 pm

wow this is a very unfair peace of legislation im not sure if my dogs are included in this or not as they are niether pitbulls or bread from pitbulls but to many apear to be pitbulls they have there uk kc certificates though and are microchipped with there registration numbers. anyone have any further insight on this?

X2
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby X2 » April 16th, 2012, 11:45 pm

I don't see the problem nuh... all my dogs are pitbu.... pothounds...

pioneer
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby pioneer » April 16th, 2012, 11:48 pm

If allyuh read that, they can classify ANY dog as being dangerous.

nemisis
punchin NOS

Postby nemisis » April 16th, 2012, 11:48 pm

Well time for pit men to switch to rott

bigga514
3NE 2NR for life

Postby bigga514 » April 16th, 2012, 11:53 pm

Wtf I support the idea of dog insurance and fines for dogs that get out etc. But dem on some kinda crack

X2
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby X2 » April 16th, 2012, 11:55 pm

Prove the breed of the dogs scientifically... and the fine might be paid.

Otherwise... lawyers need to be paid.

Sad thing is... Italian Mastiff already going to $10k++ a pup... so now what ? $25k each ? *strokes beard*

civic minded
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby civic minded » April 16th, 2012, 11:59 pm

the amount of dogs people will start dumping on the side of the road...

I really hate these people that do this.

jm3
12 pounds of Boost

Postby jm3 » April 17th, 2012, 12:05 am

im not fighting down the inspections of the security of premises or the insurance.
but the whole idea of destroying dogs and punishing innocent owners if this isn't complied with is the usual barbaric backward trini thinking.
it would make more sense to destroy animals and fine owners in the event of something happening if the dogs had not been registered and or insured.
Innocent until proven guilty should be applied to this legislation.
If they want to enforce this then they should have no problem rounding up everyone in beatham and lavantille as some people in there have killed people (Ooh anti gang legislation and soe) and impounding all cars where a vehicle of the same make and model was involved in a fatal accident (road blocks) hmmm i see a pattern here could it be impossible to enforce and ill prepared canvas legislation.

nemisis
punchin NOS

Postby nemisis » April 17th, 2012, 12:06 am

They need to set up an 800 tips so Ican get some pocket change ratting out suspects

Pablo660
Chronic TriniTuner

Postby Pablo660 » April 17th, 2012, 12:22 am

They just make life better for bandits and kidnappers to freely enter any home now
I belive a person should be fined to the full extent of the law for attack by dogs on people(YES)
and also a good idea is to integrate insurance into owning a pet for protection incase the worse happens
but to outright class certin dogs as being dangerous and eventualy detering peoples last line of defence as i see it to the elements is bad.
If Tnt had a good police patrol passing regularly and not we being fearfull of venturing out/Yeah
we wouldnt need a " bad dog" in our yard who chose to own one.

nemisis
punchin NOS

Postby nemisis » April 17th, 2012, 12:27 am

Pablo660 wrote:They just make life better for bandits and kidnappers to freely enter any home now
I belive a person should be fined to the full extent of the law for attack by dogs on people(YES)
and also a good idea is to integrate insurance into owning a pet for protection incase the worse happens
but to outright class certin dogs as being dangerous and eventualy detering peoples last line of defence as i see it to the elements is bad.
If Tnt had a good police patrol passing regularly and not we being fearfull of venturing out/Yeah

Meh Peter paying for Paul with regards to the pit bulls. As for last line of defense German shepherd and rott can be just as effective if not better suited to handling the bandit or occasional Horner man

Pablo660
Chronic TriniTuner

Postby Pablo660 » April 17th, 2012, 12:33 am

lol but paul ent paying for all
I had a german and he was worse than my 3 pit we had
Rots i guess,
Camyan i guess go have to work for now and what about these eletric fence i see all these developments puting up, is that legal to

X2
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby X2 » April 17th, 2012, 12:41 am

Pablo660 wrote:They just make life better for bandits and kidnappers to freely enter any home now

^^ Well put....

but the dog can be a big help all around because if you come in my yard... it's better the dog catch you than I do.

nemesis
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby nemesis » April 17th, 2012, 12:44 am

nemisis wrote:

Meh Peter paying for Paul with regards to the pit bulls. As for last line of defense German shepherd and rott can be just as effective if not better suited to handling the bandit or occasional Horner man

Irrelevant. Specifically says any dog can be considered dangerous. I know all of one person that was seriously attacked by a dog and it was a Shepherd anyway. If it was only those 3 breeds it would just mean everyone would switch to Mastiffs anyway. Bully Kutta ftw! Think it has always been a breeding and caging problem though. Majority of these dogs around are poorly bred and untrained.
Anyway, everyone screwed cause some people never bothered to pay attention. wygd.

Pablo660
Chronic TriniTuner

Postby Pablo660 » April 17th, 2012, 12:57 am

Question
I quickly read thru and at the end the classified 3 breed
Are they in contradictory to what they saying as if i had a bad ass set of lets say 20 pompecks
and all them bad would they be classed as dangerous( sorry example a lil far fetched lol but possible)
And Sorry to hear about that attack owners should have a heart and pay for all medical assistance etc and there is physcological scars too
there is consequences to owning a dog and watching it grow up know how u need to secure ur premesis and pay for training / i did and was the best ever

aspsounds
Sweet on this forum

Postby aspsounds » April 17th, 2012, 4:12 am

I dont see the problem... If u want protection...get a pothound.... is only 3 breeds...

Spitfir3
punchin NOS

Postby Spitfir3 » April 17th, 2012, 4:17 am

"spayed or neutered"i would quicker vote they do this to humans i.e the rapist,kidnappers,killers etc wonder what would be the outcome if someone jump yuh wall and the dog maul dem is better to say you maul the person.might cost you cheaper :|

silent_riot
punchin NOS

Postby silent_riot » April 17th, 2012, 7:18 am

It would be really sad if dog owners start to kill off their dogs because of these new fees.

S_2NR
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby S_2NR » April 17th, 2012, 7:28 am

Steups..what kind of backward BS is this..

nemisis
punchin NOS

Postby nemisis » April 17th, 2012, 7:38 am

silent_riot wrote:It would be really sad if dog owners start to kill off their dogs because of these new fees.

they do not need too, they can let the government do it for them

dougla_boy
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby dougla_boy » April 17th, 2012, 7:40 am

wow.......

slimshiney
Sweet on this forum

Postby slimshiney » April 17th, 2012, 7:59 am

AIR HEADEDNESS!!!....

:lol: :lol: :lol:

hospitals better prep themselves for mauling galore...........they're gonna be like pothounds on the side of the roads..........
Last edited by slimshiney on April 17th, 2012, 8:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

turbosingh
punchin NOS

Postby turbosingh » April 17th, 2012, 8:00 am

Buh all pits not dangerous my neighbour pit is 3yrs an it never bark yet,he does lick everybody who pass!

nemisis
punchin NOS

Postby nemisis » April 17th, 2012, 8:05 am

turbosingh wrote:Buh all pits not dangerous my neighbour pit is 3yrs an it never bark yet,he does lick everybody who pass!

That's the most psycho type, silently sampling everyone that passes till it finds the perfect one o bite..

S_2NR
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby S_2NR » April 17th, 2012, 8:06 am

What next...a dangerous guns act?

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”